Author Topic: In Defiance Of Transience (Tenshi Quest)  (Read 13787 times)

Re: In Defiance Of Transience (Tenshi Quest)
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2024, 01:33:26 PM »
> Leave the area and head towards a stand that sells soul candy that is far away from their sights.

> Buy 3 pieces of soul candy, one for us, one for Shinmyoumaru and one for Shion.

>You head past the captors and towards the stalls. Surprisingly, you see Youkai and Humans, Living and Dead, around the area. You guess the spirits here aren't hostile if people are so comfortable.
>You make it to a stall run by a pale-skinned woman with brown hair. Or at least, you guess her skin is pale. The ghostly nature of her appearance makes it hard to tell.
>You buy three pieces of Candy from her.
>Well, "three pieces" is a bit misleading. You get three bags of Konpeito. The pieces are all translucent and the bag is as light as air in your hands.
>You look around a bit to see if anyone is looking at you, then you put one of the bags under your hat. Shinmyoumaru is probably going to be busy with that.

> Ponder what "molecular gastronomy" might mean?
> How close are we to the Netherworld's gate?

>You don't know what molecular gastronomy is. You know that Gastronomy has to do with the creation and preparation of food; particularly good tasting food. And you have heard Iku talk about Molecules before when discussing the atmosphere of a location for weather predictions (and telling you what consequences your antics have on it), she says that the molecules are what make up the clouds... So maybe Molecular Gastronomy has something to do with manipulating the physical nature of something to make it taste differently than normal...! Wait, that's just regular cooking! You're going in circles and feeling frustrated...

>You decided to get away from that mental twister by thinking of how close you are to the Netherworld Gate. Last you heard, the Border of Life and Death was disturbed by that Gap Hag and hasn't been mended since. You are in the Road of Liminality, and the Netherworld gate is... At the top of Youkai Mountain. Looks like you're up for another flight. It's a good thing you're right behind the Mountain, otherwise this could've been arduous.
>_?

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2024, 02:13:13 PM »
> I guess we're going to pay our first tutor a visit. Head towards the Netherworld Gate.

Tom

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2024, 01:48:03 AM »
> If we believe we could be within view of the Shinigami start the journey by flying off towards Human Village just above the treeline, then pivot towards Youkai Mountain once we're certain we're out of sight.  If there's cloud cover head directly upwards once we reach the base of Youkai Mountain to get further hide just barely above the clouds.

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2024, 11:13:55 PM »
> I guess we're going to pay our first tutor a visit. Head towards the Netherworld Gate.
> If we believe we could be within view of the Shinigami start the journey by flying off towards Human Village just above the treeline, then pivot towards Youkai Mountain once we're certain we're out of sight.  If there's cloud cover head directly upwards once we reach the base of Youkai Mountain to get further hide just barely above the clouds.

>You fly away with your bag of sweets. Awkwardly, you can hear Shinmyoumaru munching on them under your hat. Some table etiquette the Princess has...
>You look back at where you left the Shinigami and realise that the stack of stones is tall, like someone's been working on it for years. They're definitely not going to see you past that.

>As you fly up Youkai Mountain, you think about the rash of bad luck you've suddenly had. Between the Shinigami suddenly ruining one of the few things you enjoy, the company of your friends, and finding out that you're dying, you have a few headaches ahead of you.
>But you will prevail, for your survival. So that your friends won't be alone anymore. And because dying is something that happens to other people, not you.

The Prologue: "Catastrophe on Earth ~ Beseiged by Death." has been completed.
"A Note from the QM":
#From here on out, things are much more open. As I said before, you can go to any of your "Tutors" in any order. You seem to have agreed on the order already, so I'm prepared.
#Good job on shooting down that spirit before it left. As Ichiko implied, if that spirit left then it would have called in Suiki and she would have drowned you in a high-pressure cylinder of endless water.
#You're being an absolute sweetheart to Shion and she's prepared to fight for your life.
#But despite what it may look like, Shion and Shinmyoumaru have selfish reasons for joining you on this journey.
#If any of you have any feedback or questions then you can ask me at any time. Here or in private messages. Feedback in particular is greatly wanted so I can get better.

>You thankfully avoid any prying eyes and make it to the Netherworld Gate. It's towering over you, the shadow of the boundary of death.
>Shinmyoumaru raises your hat to look forward. "So we're here? What's your plan on getting past this gate?"
>_?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 06:37:38 PM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2024, 04:11:13 AM »
//I've been enjoying the quest thus far, good job. Thank god Tom was keen enough to shoot down the spirit or else we'd probably be dead  :cirnotan:

> Have we ever gone to the Netherworld?
> What do we know of the mistress of Hakugyokurou?

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2024, 06:06:05 AM »
>You fly away with your bag of sweets. Awkwardly, you can hear Shinmyoumaru munching on them under your hat. Some table etiquette the Princess has...
>You look back at where you left the Shinigami and realise that the stack fo stones is tall, like someone's been working on it for years. They're definitely not going to see you past that.

>As you fly up Youkai Mountain, you think about the rash of bad luck you've suddenly had. Between the Shinigami suddenly ruining one of the few things you enjoy, the company of your friends, and finding out that you're dying, you have a few headaches ahead of you.
>But you will prevail, for your survival. So that your friends won't be alone anymore. And because dying is something that happens to other people, not you.

The Prologue: "Catastrophe on Earth ~ Beseiged by Death." has been completed.
"A Note from the QM":
#From here on out, things are much more open. As I said before, you can go to any of your "Tutors" in any order. You seem to have agreed on the order already, so I'm prepared.
#Good job on shooting down that spirit before it left. As Ichiko implied, if that spirit left then it would have called in Suiki and she would have drowned you in a high-pressure cylinder of endless water.
#You're being an absolute sweetheart to Shion and she's prepared to fight for your life.
#But despite what it may look like, Shion and Shinmyoumaru have selfish reasons for joining you on this journey.
#If any of you have any feedback or questions then you can ask me at any time. Here or in private messages. Feedback in particular is greatly wanted so I can get better.

>You thankfully avoid any prying eyes and make it to the Netherworld Gate. It's towering over you, the shadow of the boundary of death.
>Shinmyoumaru raises your hat to look forward. "So we're here? What's your plan on getting past this gate?"
>_?

// Who or What were you inspired and regarding the original and canon-aligned the "Shinigami Reapers Trio" Lav?//

// Arecn you hinting Tenshi, with all so Shion and Shinmyoumaru, could be again coming across them much lter in this I.D.O.(Tenshi. Quest), is that true//

// Your "#Good job on shooting down that spirit before it left. As Ichiko implied, if that spirit left then it would have called in Suiki and she would have drowned you in a high-pressure cylinder of endless water." means it would have been An Unavoiadable Bad End?
 Or is it meant, which is a Better Story-Choice Progression, as a "Not-Avoided Difficult Challenge to be Well-Prepared, Coordinated, Go Through for or else Bad End?"   //

//I've been enjoying the quest thus far, good job. Thank god Tom was keen enough to shoot down the spirit or else we'd probably be dead  :cirnotan:

//"#But despite what it may look like, Shion and Shinmyoumaru have selfish reasons for joining you on this journey. "

Oh-oh. First they were suspicious but still just suspects, but now with this Parser's/QM's confirmation we better be more perceptively prudent and balancedly relying about our duo-team of friends-allies...//

> Answer to Shinmyoumaru,  but also turn to look at Shion, we know the Border of Life and Death is still weakened by Yukari Yakumo and. not fixed by her or others, which means...

> ... the Gate to the Netherworld is weakened too and ready to be tested for safe passage...

>... which could be by simply flying over, and do make an attempt at that, but...

>...  If we are blocked, get closer to go look for  a weaker-looking area to try pushing a Keystone through it to see how far it is going, and yet..

>... try Keystone-pushing-through in any case, however...

>... stop if its resistance is not bending enough. to our Keystone,and go search a spititually weaker area by careful probing with our Sword of Hisou(Scarlet Temperament).

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 06:57:36 AM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

Tom

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2024, 08:35:29 PM »
> Like has been already suggested try flying over or around.  // Imagining it as a fence gate minus the surrounding fence!

> If all else fails take the Sword of Hisou and ram it straight through the center of the gate with all our physical and magical force.

« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2024, 10:18:56 PM »

>No, you never have entered the Netherworld. Mostly because you have never needed to.

>Yuyuko Saigyouji... She's strange. She was one of the people who came to Heaven and met you during the Scarlet Weather Incidenet. But unlike everyone else, she didn't want the Incident to stop. She was apparently so enamoured with the beauty of the unseasonal Summer Snow that she didn't want it to stop. That was probably one of the first times you fully instigated a battle beyond starting the Incident. You know that she, similar to you, caused unseasonal Snow, but when you asked her how she did so she essentially said that her willpower to bloom the Saigyou Ayakashi made it so. Which... Isn't a bad mindest in all honesty, that's partially how you change the weather. Her nature as a Spirit makes it easier for her to enter Bhavaagra and she was apparently the very first to figure out that you was responsible for the Incident, or at least, that a Celestial was involved. That alone makes her smarter and more clever than she looks and presents herself, as a carefree Spirit both figuratively and literally.

// Who or What were you inspired and regarding the original and canon-aligned the "Shinigami Reapers Trio" Lav?//

// Arecn you hinting Tenshi, with all so Shion and Shinmyoumaru, could be again coming across them much lter in this I.D.O.(Tenshi. Quest), is that true//

// Your "#Good job on shooting down that spirit before it left. As Ichiko implied, if that spirit left then it would have called in Suiki and she would have drowned you in a high-pressure cylinder of endless water." means it would have been An Unavoiadable Bad End?
 Or is it meant, which is a Better Story-Choice Progression, as a "Not-Avoided Difficult Challenge to be Well-Prepared, Coordinated, Go Through for or else Bad End?"   //

//"#But despite what it may look like, Shion and Shinmyoumaru have selfish reasons for joining you on this journey. "

Oh-oh. First they were suspicious but still just suspects, but now with this Parser's/QM's confirmation we better be more perceptively prudent and balancedly relying about our duo-team of friends-allies...//
"Response to Branneg Xy":
#The Shinigami Trio were made up whole cloth from the idea of The Ministry of Right and Wrong having different roles for different Shinigami, such as the Shinigami who calculate lifespans who are said to exist in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, pg. 103-109. Komachi would not be coming after you because she's a Ferryman, but we have no official Reapers in any material, Mainline, Spin-off, Literature, or otherwise. The Shinigami were named after Flowers (Amaryllis), Concepts associated with (Buddhist) Hell (Lavana) or regular names with deeper meaings (Ichiko). Lavana in particular, as Tom has figured out, is a Mirror of Tenshi on the Shinigami side with some issues unresolved.

#You probably are going to see them again later due to the aforementioned lack of Reapers in Touhou proper. I have the (unfortunate) habit of needing to create Original Characters to fill in gaps that Touhou itself doesn't. For example, In Minor Existence Quest, I had to create Black Apple, Worm in Red, Hanako Sakura, Ame, and Kawa from already existing concepts that weren't fully explored in Touhou Lore itself. I want to keep that part under control unless I explicitly get feedback that it's okay.

#Suiki would not have been an instant Bad End, putting one of those in the Prologue of all places would be bad form. She would have been incredibly difficult and frustrating to escape from, but entirely possible. The "Taoist Hermit" that escaped her before was Seiga Kaku in Wild and Horned Hermit, Chapter 12. Sure, Seiga has an ability made for escaping closed spaces, but if she can do it then you can too.

> Answer to Shinmyoumaru,  but also turn to look at Shion, we know the Border of Life and Death is still weakened by Yukari Yakumo and. not fixed by her or others, which means...

> ... the Gate to the Netherworld is weakened too and ready to be tested for safe passage...

>... which could be by simply flying over, and do make an attempt at that...

> Like has been already suggested try flying over or around.  // Imagining it as a fence gate minus the surrounding fence!

>...There's no way. Even if the Barrier of Life and Death was weakened there's no way that the Gap Hag or The Hakugyokurou Mistress would leave such a massive security fault in it.
>At least, that's what you thought.
> You fly over the Gate out of curiousity and have absolutely no difficulties doing so. Shion quickly follows after realising that you can just fly over.
>Shinmyoumaru looks back at the other side of the very unobstructing massive gate. "I have so many questions and I feel like none of them have adequate answers."
>Shion looks at her hands as if pondering the nature of them. "Are we dead now? How does that even work in my case?"
>She then perks up in shock and digs through the bag full of peaches she brought. "Huh, the peaches aren't dead or decaying."
>It would be a mystery, but you know why.
>This atmosphere is very familiar, you are not Iku but you can feel it. The Netherworld is a Pure Land, just like Heaven and supposedly The Moon. This is why the Peaches haven't rotted, they were made for this kind of place.

>For a land of the dead, The Netherworld is surprisingly picturesque. The flowers and trees seem to be in eternal blossom and bloom, any buildings you see are pristine, and anything that seems old appears to be that way for purely aesthetic reasons and fits in perfectly with the surroundings.
>You see a mansion off in the distance, and a very large set of stairs going upwards for a nearly impossible to track height.
>You also see a lot of Phantoms, but it's the Netherworld so that was entirely expected.
>_?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 03:57:47 PM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2024, 02:23:28 AM »
> "You guys don't worry about being dead or anything of the sorts, the Netherworld is basically like Heaven so you can enter and go as you please without necessarily having to be dead."
> "I assume that mansion should be where my tutor lives so let's head there first."

> Head towards the entrance of the mansion.

Tom

« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2024, 04:12:35 AM »
> Absentmindedly comment "Here's to hoping these stairs aren't endless..."

> Start a backwards long jump on the stairs and build up enough speed to move one parallel world north, pivot 2 west and finally move on south to end up in Makai!

« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2024, 04:24:20 PM »
> "You guys don't worry about being dead or anything of the sorts, the Netherworld is basically like Heaven so you can enter and go as you please without necessarily having to be dead."

>"That's awfully convenient for us but very peculiar and brings into question the nature of life and death. I know that "Death" seems to follow you, but what would happen to your already Celestial spirit when you die? What if someone was killed while in The Netherworld? Honestly, this just makes more questions than it answers."
>"I wasn't expecting you to wax philosophical about the nature of life and death, Shion."
>"I kind of have to, considering the reason we're here.

> Absentmindedly comment "Here's to hoping these stairs aren't endless..."

> Start a backwards long jump on the stairs and build up enough speed to move one parallel world north, pivot 2 west and finally move on south to end up in Makai!

>"I'm guessing they aren't. Unless this is a form of punishment there's no way that someone made an endless set of stairs because then it would have no destination. I do have to say it looks a long way up. Thank goodness I'm on your head, I would not want to climb up this thing myself. Especially not in this size."

You align yourself carefully then start leaping backwards. Your leaping sounds start overlapping itself when you build up enough speed. You eventually completely disappear off the face of Gensokyo, but mess up your second jaunt and end up in Len'en instead.

> "I assume that mansion should be where my tutor lives so let's head there first."

> Head towards the entrance of the mansion.

>You head over to mansion and as you get closer you hear... Music?
>It sounds like a full concerto with piano, violins, trumpets, and drums playing an upbeat song.
>The Mansion itself is one of the buildings in The Netherworld that look well-maintained. Although you can tell it's old, the brickwork, paint and decorations look like they have been tended to carefully.
>_?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:37:33 PM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2024, 07:52:49 PM »
> Do we see any spirits nearby?

> Listen in closely to the direction of the music and head there, if it's coming from the mansion then the tutor or mistress should be near there.

Tom

« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2024, 12:37:49 AM »
> Is Shion as 'immortal' as a we (believe) we are?
> What about Shinmyoumaru?

> Make a mental note to be careful about summoning the Sword of Hisou here after the Shinigami's warning that it can destroy spirits.

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2024, 10:20:13 PM »
> Do we see any spirits nearby?

> Listen in closely to the direction of the music and head there, if it's coming from the mansion then the tutor or mistress should be near there.

>You see a lot of spirits nearby. Most of them are waiting right outside the mansion.
>The music is definitely coming from the mansion, and you're right at the front door.

> Is Shion as 'immortal' as a we (believe) we are?
> What about Shinmyoumaru?

> Make a mental note to be careful about summoning the Sword of Hisou here after the Shinigami's warning that it can destroy spirits.

>Shion's mortality... It's slightly complicated as far as you know.
>Shion is a Poverty Goddess (貧乏神), so she exists as long as people believe she exists. Interestingly, unlike other Gods, she and her sister can subsist off of simple acknowledgement rather than purely veneration. This means that she can exist so long as people say she exists, but otherwise she gets weaker before eventually fading away. You swear you won't let that happen, it's partially one of the reasons you're desperate to survive. This also strangely reminds you of cats...

>Shinmyoumaru follows the same rules as other Youkai but, similar to Shion, she's a bit different.
>Shinmyoumaru, as an Inchling, doesn't need veneration to continue existing. They do need acknowledgement (not fear), however. This isn't a big problem due to how well-known Issun-Boushi is (or you guess he's well-known from how Shinmyoumaru speaks of him to you). But due to the physical traits of Inchlings and the decline of their civilisation, not many people want to genuinely ally with them. They're used and then thrown away. You still remember when Shinmyoumaru one day spilled her heart out to you about the glory of the Inchlings. You personally find them quite noble and graceful, so you don't have any problems associating with them.
>The fact that, similar to the Tengu, they have an entire region they control grounds their existence somewhat.

>You keep a mental note of the Sword of Hisou being a major threat to even pull out here. It's practically an existential threat to the denizens of The Netherworld.
>_?

Tom

« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2024, 09:34:54 AM »
> Has Shion ever opened up on how she came to be a Poverty Goddess?

> Knock on the door of the mansion.  If nothing happens after a reasonable amount of time fly above in search of the music.

« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2024, 12:03:27 PM »
> What do we know of Youmu's swords? Are they also artifacts?

« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2024, 07:36:43 PM »
> What do we know of Youmu's swords? Are they also artifacts?

>Youmu's Swords, oh boy.
>Roukanken is the katana that you mainly worry about. It's forged by Youkai, or some supernatural being, for sure. Not many objects can be considered Artifacts, but Roukanken comes close. It's one of the few weapons that actually hurts you when you get hit by it. It doesn't cut through your flesh, thankfully, but it does make a fight with her much more tense and therefore more fun in your opinion.
>Hakurouken is a Wakizashi that you could consider an artifact. As far as you know, only the Konpaku Family can use it, similar to how only Celestials can use your Sword of Hisou. It does something related to cutting through confusion? You're confused on the mechanics of that thing, honestly.

> Has Shion ever opened up on how she came to be a Poverty Goddess?

>Never. She's not even mentioned how she came into existence once. You guess she just is]/i] one. You would have to ask someone with a lot of wisdom and knowledge of Youkai and Spirits to tell you to find out, you guess.

> Knock on the door of the mansion.  If nothing happens after a reasonable amount of time fly above in search of the music.

>You knock on the door and wait. It takes a moment, that you and Shion spend eating the Soul Konpeito. It tastes incredibly airy while also being strong in sweetness, like mint. But Konpeito is almost entirely made of sugar, how did they manage this? Shion is savouring every bite of each individual bit, and you follow her lead.

>Eventually the door opens and a statuesque woman looks down at you.
>"Are you here for the concert?" A concert is here?
>Shion decides to answer in your stead first, nervously. "N-no, we're here to find one "Konpaku Youmu". Is she here?"
>The woman, who you quickly note is a Ghost rather than a Phantom, glowers at the two of you. "Why are you asking?"
>Shinmyoumaru peeks out of your hat to answer. "Tutoring reasons. This is literally a matter of life and death."
>The ghost is not fazed by the small girl in your hat and instead by her statement. "...Why did you come here if you didn't want to die?"
>"It's a long story. Look, our friend here is a Celestial, she's trustworthy!"
>"She's a Celestial? Prove it."
>_?

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2024, 05:41:05 AM »
> Summon one of our keystones
> "You see these? These right here are keystones, these can only be handled by the Hinanai family which are celestials."

> Take out our Sword of Hisou
> "And you see this? This is the sword of Hisou, a celestial artifact capable of manipulating the weather."
> Make the sword of Hisou extend in order to clarify our point that this isn't a normal sword.

> "And if you still don't believe me, please go get Youmu, she can testify for me."

Tom

« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2024, 12:11:11 AM »
> Keep the sword out of reach in case the ghost gets too excited and accidentally touches it.

« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2024, 08:13:20 PM »
> Summon one of our keystones
> "You see these? These right here are keystones, these can only be handled by the Hinanai family which are celestials."

> Take out our Sword of Hisou
> "And you see this? This is the sword of Hisou, a celestial artifact capable of manipulating the weather."
> Make the sword of Hisou extend in order to clarify our point that this isn't a normal sword.

> "And if you still don't believe me, please go get Youmu, she can testify for me."
> Keep the sword out of reach in case the ghost gets too excited and accidentally touches it.

>When you take out your Keystone the Ghost raises her eyebrow a bit. Then when you take out the Sword of Hisou she lurches backwards.
>"Right, Right. I believe you. Sorry for getting in your way, dear Celestial." She gets out of your way fast, with no further suspicions.
>If only getting into parties was always this easy...

>Looking inside, you see a lot of people standing in a room that looks like an auditorium. But you can't see much more from here.
>_?

« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2024, 08:33:55 PM »
> Can we still hear the music?
> Are there any notable figures in the auditorium. Try to look for Youmu or Yuyuko in the area.

Tom

« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2024, 08:35:48 AM »
> If everyone's preoccupied, zone out and listen to the music.  Is is a song we recognize?

« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2024, 07:28:03 PM »
#Sorry for being late.
> Can we still hear the music?
> Are there any notable figures in the auditorium. Try to look for Youmu or Yuyuko in the area.

>Yes, you can absolutely hear the music loud and clear.
>You look around for any important people and you see...
>>Youmu Konpaku and Yuyuko Saigyouji. The main people you're looking for, how convenient. They seem to be enjoying the concert going on. Yuyuko in particular is waving some sort of stick that glows?
>>You also see...Komachi?! Why is she here?! Is she slacking off again?!

> If everyone's preoccupied, zone out and listen to the music.  Is is a song we recognize?

>While walking in, you listen to the music. It doesn't sound familiar to you, but Shion seems to get strangely teary when paying attention to it.
>"Good job with the Ghost out there. I did not want to pull out this mallet now of all times."
>"...Ah- yes, good job, Tenshi...
>_?

« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2024, 09:44:29 PM »
> Keep listening to the music until the concert is over. We dont want to disturb them while they're enjoying the show do we?

Tom

« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2024, 04:54:09 AM »
> Take a seat (on the floor if there are none) and enjoy the show!

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2024, 09:44:05 PM »
> Keep listening to the music until the concert is over. We dont want to disturb them while they're enjoying the show do we?
> Take a seat (on the floor if there are none) and enjoy the show!

>You sit down (on the floor as there are no seats) and listen to do the concert with Shion and Shinmyoumaru. You even take off your hat, flip it, and raise it up so Shinmy has a better view.
>The concert lasted longer than you thought. They went through roughly five different songs in different genres. The part that shocks you the most though is that there are multiple pianos, keyboards, trumpets, strings, and even drums, but only four musicians. How did they play all of those instruments without touching them? Some kind of ability?
>"The Prismriver Sisters... I'm really happy they managed to finish their concert back in the Urban Legend Incident even with what I- we- Jo'on and I did."

>You focus on your task again when you see a patch of pink and white moving through the crowd. That must be Yuyuko and Youmu!
>_?

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2024, 11:06:20 PM »
> "I see Youmu and Yuyuko over there, you guys stay here, this needs to be private."
> Hand over Shinmyoumaru to Shion, put on our hat and follow Youmu and Yuyuko.

Tom

« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2024, 02:46:02 AM »
> Start a friendly conversation with Youmu and Yuyuko!

« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2024, 10:56:27 AM »
> "I see Youmu and Yuyuko over there, you guys stay here, this needs to be private."
> Hand over Shinmyoumaru to Shion, put on our hat and follow Youmu and Yuyuko.
> Start a friendly conversation with Youmu and Yuyuko!

>"Alright. Don't worry, we'll be safe."
>You put on your hat but when you attempt to pick up Shinmyoumaru she somehow flouts the Square-Cube Law and slaps your hand away.
>She then jumps over into Shion's untended bowl perfectly, as if she had practice on this. Well that's something.

>You quickly follow Yuyuko and Youmu through the leaving crowd of the audience and finally catch up to them right outside the door.
>Yuyuko is the first to notice you. "Ah, it's the Celestial!" She remembers you? "Well, what brings you- ah, where are my manners!"
>Yuyuko then does a very polite bow. "I am Saigyouji Yuyuko, and this young woman here is Konpaku Youmu, in case you need a reminder."
>Youmu follows Yuyuko's example and bows to you as well. Isn't Yuyuko basically royalty here? Why are they bowing to you?
>"To return to The Lady's question: Why are you here in particular? Just the concert or something more?"
>_?

Tom

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2024, 03:17:18 PM »
> Where are our manners? Introduce ourselves!
> "Tenshi Hinanawi, Eldest Daughter of the Hinanawi Clan."
> Complement miss Saigyouji "The concert sure was wonderful..."

> Adopt pensive expression "Though more solemn business brought me here, you could say it's a matter of life and death..."
> Ensure we're out of earshot of Komachi before elaborating further "Earlier today we had a run in with two Shinigami claiming that my time here as a Celestial is nearly up.  We just barely managed to defeat them and learn that an order has been issued high up in the ministry to hunt me down.  No doubt more Shinigami will be sent, which brings me here asking for your house's assistance in training to fend them off for as long as possible."
> Glance back at our friends "C-can't bear the thought of leaving Shion and Shinmyoumaru alone..."