Author Topic: Anyone here who plays Touhou Lost Word?  (Read 5274 times)

Anyone here who plays Touhou Lost Word?
« on: June 07, 2023, 05:08:46 AM »
I've been playing LW for like a month now, and to be honest it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. This gacha is surprisingly very generous in its free offerings compared to other gacha games, and perhaps that's due to the fact that this isn't a PvP game. Due to how generous it is, you can pretty much play the game at your own pace. It took me two weeks before I got my lazy ass to finish chapters 1 and 2 (the story is soooooo boring, it's like I'm reading AO3 or fanfiction.net, though chapter 2 IMO is a bit better than chapter 1), and now I'm slacking off from progressing chapter 3 despite fully knowing I have to complete it for unlocking the arena, lol. :cirnotan:

Contrary to popular belief you do not need Youmu indeed to make progress as a beginner. I did reroll many times though because they say Reimu and Marisa are going to be available for free later anyway, but in the end I didn't end up relying on Youmu, as it turns out the game gives you an exchange ema at the beginning too, giving you a choice to choose from many L1 characters. I chose Takane and relied on her when I can't three star a battle with just guest characters (I always play the guests only first because it gives me a fun challenge, but it's disappointing that the devs don't seem to playtest all battles with just guest characters, making a lot of battles, especially those three-wave ones, just impossible to play without adding your own friends which are very likely to be overleveled). Now she's a level 100 pretty maxed out in all but Superior Enhance.

So that's pretty much my thoughts about the game. I'm still going to at the minimum login once a day, do at least 3 errands and collect daily freebies so as to not get too far behind. It's not a bad game, but it's not a game worth spending money or lots of time and effort to it either... :meiling:

(Btw I didn't post in this topic so I don't necropost... But if that's wrong please merge this into that topic)

Re: Anyone here who plays Touhou Lost Word?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 02:27:12 PM »
I've been playing for over a year and I've amassed a lot of friends to the point that I had to buy extra space 2 times. Haven't gotten any of my friends to Rebirth yet, but I'm hoping more non-L1 universe characters get Rebirth soon.

Also, F1 Koishi is a beast.

Re: Anyone here who plays Touhou Lost Word?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 12:11:18 PM »
I'm still waiting for Takane to get a rebirth... I think they should probably prioritize L1 first before the non-L1, lol. :P