Author Topic: TouhouFest 2024  (Read 709 times)

Funbil

• Inspiration and love are the same feeling
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Steam
    • Linktree
TouhouFest 2024
« on: March 10, 2024, 12:31:33 PM »
Recently found out that TouhouFest was coming up next month. Figured we could use a new thread for this year's event rather than trying to repurpose the one from last year. Anyway, I ran the numbers and found out it'd be pretty easy for me to go – this'll be my first time at a convention! Who else is going? Feel free to use this thread to share any plans or organize meetups, and of course discuss the event after it's wrapped up as well. It'll be super cool to see some of you there!

akudan

• looking for friends, looking for fantasy~
Re: TouhouFest 2024
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 05:03:33 AM »
I would love to go (never been to a Touhou, or really any, convention) but it's literally the week before finals and I don't really have the money to spend on a trip to California. 

Looks super cool, though, and hopefully I can go in a year or two!

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 07:42:56 AM »
I'll be making me way down again this year. Would love to hang out with anyone (message me on Discord and tell me you want to meet up for Touhoufest).

Very excited to see how year 2 goes, many people that were probably on the fence last year might be going so I'm looking forward to a noticeable step up in activity.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 02:55:07 PM »
I'll be making me way down again this year. Would love to hang out with anyone (message me on Discord and tell me you want to meet up for Touhoufest).

Very excited to see how year 2 goes, many people that were probably on the fence last year might be going so I'm looking forward to a noticeable step up in activity.
Are you going to do a panel for this year's Touhoufest? I know you did one last year and iirc you mentioned the possibility of you doing a touhoufest panel on danmaku and music syncing.

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 07:28:09 AM »
No, I couldn't think of a good way to make that idea work that wasn't just "sit and watch clips for an hour". I didn't have any other good ideas until after the deadline, when I came up with two :P Maybe in 2025.