Author Topic: How can I survive the 6h Stage of Touhou 12?  (Read 5174 times)

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
How can I survive the 6h Stage of Touhou 12?
« on: September 02, 2023, 04:17:21 PM »
I just want to get a 1cc in this game. I was so close, but alas, I lost to Byakuren and her STUPID BULLETS. So, tell me, how can I survive stage 6 to get 1cc?
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

Re: How can I survive the 6h Stage of Touhou 12?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 06:39:35 PM »
You will have to be more specific about what you're having trouble with. What difficulty are you on, and who are you using? Byakuren is a pretty tough boss, but while you don't have to master every part of her to get a 1cc, some attacks are easier to learn than others.

In lieu of actual problem points to help with, it goes without saying that in a game with as many potential resources as UFO, you want to also focus on improving your performance on everything before Byakuren so you have as many resources as possible to spend on her. Provided you don't royally mess up her final (which is bomb immune), having roughly 3/2 resources is enough to more or less ensure you can bomb or tank the entire fight without actually capturing anything. Anything less than that, for a run whose only goal is survival, is finding ways to shave off the amount of resources you have to spend to get through to the end.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 06:45:00 PM by nintendonut888 »

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 06:29:07 AM »
You will have to be more specific about what you're having trouble with. What difficulty are you on, and who are you using?

Normal Mode.

In lieu of actual problem points to help with, it goes without saying that in a game with as many potential resources as UFO, you want to also focus on improving your performance on everything before Byakuren so you have as many resources as possible to spend on her. Provided you don't royally mess up her final (which is bomb immune), having roughly 3/2 resources is enough to more or less ensure you can bomb or tank the entire fight without actually capturing anything. Anything less than that, for a run whose only goal is survival, is finding ways to shave off the amount of resources you have to spend to get through to the end.

I just only use the Red UFO's for life and rarely use the Green UFO's for bombs, so that's why I keep on losing. I'll try to get the bombs in my next gameplay. Thanks for the help and info.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 06:32:41 AM »
The way I did things in my 1ccs was to focus on red UFOs in the first three stages and then primarily switch to green UFOs afterwards. To give you an idea of just how many lives you can get, in my first lunatic 1cc I had max lives by the time I reached Ichirin. Stage 5 has the potential to give you a massive amount of bombs in particular, though IIRC the UFO route on stage practice is not necessarily the same one that will appear in a full game run.

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 09:56:45 AM »
Once again, thanks for the help, NintenDonut888!