Author Topic: Characters you would like to see again  (Read 1425 times)

Vance_croowa_08

• The entity living in your walls
  • Yo! How u doin' ?
    • vance_croowa08
Characters you would like to see again
« on: February 22, 2024, 12:06:15 AM »
What's a character that hasn't been playable for many years but that you would like to see again in a future game? Mine is definitely Meiling, she hasn't showed up in a official game since Hisoutensoku i think. She definitely deserves some attention given how she has been ignored by ZUN. Maybe she could appear in the next spin-off, that would be kinda cool :meiling:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 06:20:20 AM by Vance_croowa_08 »
"Your signature cannot span more than 5 lines"

Literally 1984

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
Re: Characters you would like to see again
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 06:15:15 AM »
What's a character that hasn't showed up for many years but that you would like to see again in a future game? Mine is definitely Meiling, she hasn't showed up in a official game since Hisoutensoku i think. She definitely deserves some attention given how she has been ignored by ZUN. Maybe she could appear in the next spin-off, that would be kinda cool :meiling:

Characters appearing in-game for the 1st time or their 2nd time? Or Characters having  appeared multiple times(like your example about :meiling: Hong Meiling)? Window Ones referencing PC-98 ones (  :meiling: Orange and Hong Meiling  :meiling: )? Outside of the games(print works) beyond being cameos?
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 08:59:39 AM »
Well... I want Letty Whiterock to appear once again, but on the fighting game spin-offs. She has a very cool ability and she is strong enough to cause a full-on incident. Yes! Maybe have a plot of her using her full potential and losing control of it, causing an incident!

Also, for PC-98 era, bring Rika back, she's too based to be left behind and forgotten, since she is actually cool and have the guts to fight against Reimu.

Spoiler:
:O::N:  :M::Y:  :M::A::M::A:
 :Z::U::N::dot:  :P::L::E::A::S::E:  :B::R::I::N::G:  :H::E::R:  :B::A::C::K: :excexc:
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

Vance_croowa_08

• Yo! How u doin' ?
    • vance_croowa08
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 09:20:11 AM »
Well... I want Letty Whiterock to appear once again, but on the fighting game spin-offs. She has a very cool ability and she is strong enough to cause a full-on incident. Yes! Maybe have a plot of her using her full potential and losing control of it, causing an incident!

Also, for PC-98 era, bring Rika back, she's too based to be left behind and forgotten, since she is actually cool and have the guts to fight against Reimu.

Spoiler:
:O::N:  :M::Y:  :M::A::M::A:
 :Z::U::N::dot:  :P::L::E::A::S::E:  :B::R::I::N::G:  :H::E::R:  :B::A::C::K: :excexc:

There are tons of characters that ZUN introduced and then just...didn't do anything with them. Take the Aki sisters for example, they appeared in MoF and then got ignored, only making some small cameos. There are many characters that deserve a spotlight in my opinion

Literally 1984

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 10:54:14 AM »
Yuuka, please! But I gotta accept that if she hasn't made it into the latest Phantasmagoria-style game, she's not coming back at all.

Vance_croowa_08

• Yo! How u doin' ?
    • vance_croowa08
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 10:56:58 AM »
Yuuka, please! But I gotta accept that if she hasn't made it into the latest Phantasmagoria-style game, she's not coming back at all.

I agree, Yuuka FTW

Literally 1984

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 02:44:14 PM »
I would normally say Remilia needs a comeback but we at least get some cameos/references of her in print works and endings so I'm lightly satisfied.

The character who I think really needs a comeback is Eiki. Even though she's a final boss, she rarely appears in anything at all. She's one of my favourite characters and it's a big shame that ZUN neglects her.

Dreamy-Eyed Yuuritsu

• 妖怪羊は幻想郷の夢を見るか?
    • YouTube
    • yuuritsu_yumegane
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 07:12:34 AM »
First and foremost I think Stage 5-Stage 6 bosses who haven't appeared in any game as a playable character following their debut game should get a chance to stand it the spotlight again. Like Kaguya, Eirin, Orin, Shou, etc...Then we could gradually move down to the characters at the lower stages.

Goomba98

• The Kinda Chestnut-Looking Guy
  • In the process of getting a new lease on life.
    • TheGoomba98#9202
    • Steam
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 12:14:12 AM »
I've really been wanting to play as Shou for a while, particularly in the fighting games so that she could have a reason to use her non-magical spear as an actual spear and not just to look cool. She's not even playable in Hopeless Masquerade, for some forsaken reason!

I also want Alice to return - not only is she both cute and cool (like many Touhou girls), but it's really weird for ZUN to say that Alice is a special character in her grand return to Windows, and then outright stop featuring her in the games after a while.

And speaking of magicians who know Marisa, I also want Patchouli to have another major game role, both because I love her elemental magic and how it's themed after the days of the week, and also because I recently realized her personality is a lot like mine - pretty much everything the Touhou Wiki says about her personality is more-or-less applicable to me as well!

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 06:41:18 AM »
I think it would be cool to see more PC98 characters coming back but I doubt it'll even happen again. But two characters from the Windows-era games that I would like to see again are the Komeiji sisters.