Author Topic: Boss Rush Patches and maybe other projects  (Read 6777 times)

redirectto

Boss Rush Patches and maybe other projects
« on: July 01, 2021, 04:06:28 PM »
I know that thprac exists and also there are a lot of patches out there but I wanted to make my own for various reasons

Why use these patches instead of the other ones
  • You can update them with thcrap: my repository
  • Changed saved folder so your Boss Rush saves won't corrupt your savegames
  • Removed all in-game text mucho texto
  • Stages look as they should when facing its midboss/boss (mostly)
  • You get resources (Power, Lives, bombs) before the midboss and before the boss (I don't know if they are balanced enough btw)
  • You can choose if you want to play with and without midbosses
  • I'm trying to make you face every attack pattern at any game (in th14 you battle both Tsukumo sisters one after the other, in th16 you face every spell from Mai, Satono and Okina, also check out future plans)
  • WBaWC and UM patches
  • Removed continues but no bombs yet
  • Support, you can contact me in order to make changes to the patches

TH14 DDC Boss Rush

v1.01 Download/Download without midbosses, If you want to patch it yourself Download patcher
v1.00 Download patcher
Changelog:
Spoiler:
TH14 DDC Boss Rush v1.01
  • Remade the Tsukumo Sisters battle
  • Remade .ecl files to be more consistent with the other games
  • Now the stages look as they should when you are facing its boss
  • Fixed Spell Practice
  • Removed continues
  • Some minor tweaks
TH14 DDC Boss Rush v1.00
  • You get a Life and a Bomb at the beggining of each stage
  • You face both Tsukumo sisters one after the other, the order depends on the shottype
TH15 LoLK Boss Rush

v1.01 Download/Download without midbosses, If you want to patch it yourself Download patcher
v1.00 Download patcher
Changelog:
Spoiler:
TH15 LoLK Boss Rush v1.01
  • Remade .ecl files to be more consistent with the other games and to fix bugs related to chapters
  • Fixed Spell Practice
  • Removed continues
  • Some minor tweaks
TH15 LoLK Boss Rush v1.00
  • You only get Power as a resource (with the scoring system you can get plenty of lives)
  • In the bossonly version you also get an extra life at stage 3 and 1 bomb at stages 2, 3 and 4
TH16 HSiFS Boss Rush

Changelog:
Spoiler:
TH16 HSiFS Boss Rush v1.01
  • You get season items before and after the midboss (about 5 levels total of seasonal shot power)
  • You get an extra life at stage 6 to aid you it will still not be enough
  • In the bossonly version you also get an extra life at stages 3 and 5 and 1 bomb at stages 2 and 4
  • At stage 5 you will face every spell from Mai and Satono
  • At stage 6 you will face every final spell from Okina Matara, Good Luck
  • Added spawning smoke to Nemuno in the no midboss version
  • Removed continues
TH17 WBaWC Boss Rush

v1.00 Download patcher
Changelog:
Spoiler:
TH17 WBaWC Boss Rush v1.01
  • Added stage breaks before and after every Boss/midboss to let you manage your Spirits Ufos, you can skip those by pressing the Z key (Shoot button)
  • Fixed Spell Practice
  • Removed continues
  • Some minor tweaks
TH17 WBaWC Boss Rush v1.00
  • You get 3 random coloured UFOs at the beggining of each stage, some UFOs related to that stage and about the same amount of resources as a NMNB
  • In the bossrush version you get an additional random ufo after killing the midboss
TH18 UM Boss Rush

v1.00 Download patcher
Changelog:
Spoiler:
TH18 UM Boss Rush v1.01
  • Fixed Spell Practice
  • Removed continues
  • Some minor tweaks
TH18 UM Boss Rush v1.00
  • You get about the same amount of resources as a NMNB without cards

Installation

If you are downloading a Boss Rush directly just unzip the files into the game's folder and launch the game (for example br14.exe)
If you are downloading a patcher unzip the Bossrush folder into the game's folder and launch patcher-bossrush.bat or patcher-bossonly.bat, there is a readme.txt with more detailed instructions

Save Files Stuff

I've modified the .exe files in order to save in a different folder instead of ShanghaiAlice, you will find a new folder Bossrush_redi or Bossonly_redi inside AppData/Roaming
If you want to use the patches as a practice patch instead of it's original purpose you can unlock everything for a game following this guide

Known bugs/glitches
  • Cosmetic glitches in some stages like the missing rain in UM stage 1

Non-bugs (won't be fixed)
Most of the bugs here are also present in the main games, I'll only fix them if I already know how to fix them and it's not hard to do so.
  • In DDC stage 4 the Tsukumo sisters keep their names between battles so if you kill Benben you will face Yatsuhashi "Benben"
  • In LoLK pointdevice mode if you get in the same position as the boss before it spawns you will get stuck dying after respawning (seems to be fixed as of v1.01)
  • In LoLK extra when you battle against Junko she is also named Hecatia Lapislazuli
  • In HSiFS stage 4 Narumi refuses to die after killing her
  • In HSiFS stage 5 Mai second spell if you time it out you will see that the spell lasts longer than it should
  • In UM stage 6 the background changes suddenly because it uses an instruction to get out of a loop

Future plans
  • I would like to create another category of patches in order to disable bombs and other game-specific cheats like cherry in PCB, Season releases in HSiFS or ufos
  • Maybe future versions of the patches will remove safespots (I'm testing the removal of the safespot of Sagume 3rd spell in LoLK)
  • WBaWC ufo removal patch
  • GFW manage resources and experience
  • EoSD manage resources, Patchouli Rush, enable PoC w/o Full Power, force max rank
  • IN manage resources, merge with 8 stages patch, adjust the requiements of time points to face Last Spells and Point items to get lives
  • PCB manage resources, Prismriver sisters
  • TD? remove spirit trance and replace life/bomb souls with lives/bombs or pieces
  • UFO? manage resources and remove all ufos
  • SA? create my own Satori Rush
  • UM card removal?

If you want to make your own patches you can download thtk (thtk releases) or join their discord (ZUNcode server) and download the latest version which is compatible with th18
Documentation for ECL, ANM and STD files for most games
ECL databases th13 th14 th15
ExpHP touhou pages for documentation on ANM, STD and MSG files
Priw8 Touhou pages for documentation on ECL, AND, STD and SHT files
Dass documentation on ECL files
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:32:33 PM by redirectto »