Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - You Can (Not) Rate Up  (Read 205292 times)

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Fate/Grand Order - You Can (Not) Rate Up
« on: February 19, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »
New thread for new forum.

Knives Out for Ryougi! NA's currently going through the Kara no Kyoukai rerun. I've no idea what's going on in JP World other than that neon multicolored girl being introduced (and somehow getting less than less interesting the more she ascends).

(All IDs copied from previous OP - if you want your ID added or removed, just give the word)
Friend IDs:

---JP---
beaver1231: 702,073,038 / 340,339,400
Chaore: 789,874,752
Jana: 602,309,163
Mr. Jovial: 693,517,823
Patorkiku: 606,389,941
qMyon: 674,355,001
trancehime: 398,240,354
yuyukos: 293,823,911
Zengar Zombolt: 861,528,643
Zerviscos: 235,589,526

---US---
Aya Reiko: 084,898,611
AzyWng: 810,842,433
Chaore: 416,340,402
commandercool: 440,432,213
Edible: 180,877,949
Ionasal kkll Solciel: 396,872,783
Jana: 468,680,095
Kasu: 836,681,458
Mesarthim: 761,320,178
Neovereign: 977,295,156
qMyon: 936,634,137
Rei Scarlette: 039,794,959
Sect: 199,652,307
Tashi: 744,042,212
yuyukos: 408,231,921
Zengar Zombolt: 744,658,052
Zerviscos: 970,709,708(Quit NA)

Official site(s):
http://fate-go.us/
http://www.fate-go.jp/

Useful site(s):
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/
https://grandorder.wiki
https://shipfu.moe/fgo/
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 08:40:15 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
Re: Fate/Grand Order - You Can (Not) Rate Up
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 11:29:01 AM »
Currently blazing through KnK at light speed myself, in an effort to hurry and max ascend Shiki. Wasteful on the apples? Heck yeah it is, but along with nobubu she's another of my favorites, so you gotta do what you gotta do

Sitting on 53/100 missions but I have to bully medusa 12 more times before I can make any more real progress, oof

Good luck any friends who are still trying to roll for Void or Fujino - my resources have been emptied and I had no luck with em.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 12:24:03 PM »
I don't have especially strong feelings for KnK, but Asagami is sufficiently novel that I broke down and dipped into my leftover paid SQ* to do a second 10-pull. Got four event CEs (including a second Handsome Gentleman), but no Servant luck. :(

*I still have 18 left over and they are completely untouchable at this point because the math now works out perfectly wrt future GSSRs

Fake Edit:

I have to bully medusa 12 more times

Given the plot of the event, I wonder what it says about the Gorgon sisters that Stheno and Medusa are residents of the apartment but Euryale isn't.

Real Edit: Whoops I brought Nitocris to the Old Incinerator quest and completly ruined Ryougi's chance to show off <_<
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:15:11 PM by Kilgamayan »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 07:45:39 PM »
US Friend ID: 084,898,611

If I get enough for another 10-roll, I'll roll again for her.  Otherwise it's time to stockpile for Summer and Skadi.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 01:44:48 AM »
Still trying to stockpile quartz for this year's new Summer event in my everlasting quest to get a damn Foreigner-class servant. Alas, I also feel obligated to pull one ten-roll on each new banner if it's event/new story chapter-related, so it's kinda slow-going at the moment.

That said, I fell in love with the animation in Fujino's NP, so I've been throwing tickets at the event banner, though I haven't gotten her so far and I doubt I will at all. At the very least I've come away with some more event CEs, so I'm not too disappointed.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 08:30:32 AM »
So...

Late last night, I was doing impulse single rolls since the Fujino banner dropped. Decided to do one for the MHXA banner. Got MHXA. Max leveled her, skilled her up a bit, turned the phone off, fell asleep. Busy day at work today, 5:00 PM arrives and I think, there was something neat that happened in FGO, but can't quite remember. Suddenly remember MHXA pull. Was thinking, wonder if it is worth posting somewhere that "I forgot I got a new 5* servant for 18 hours". Go visit MotK...

My heart dropped so much about TSO.

MHXA is now someone I'll associate with TSO. I guess you can't go too wrong with a moe sweets-loving Sith Lord with a Darth Maul extra attack. I'll keep you in my All slot for a good long while. Thank you for all that you've done and all that you continue to do.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 08:04:58 PM »
US: 977,295,156

Started this new years. Seems like if you aren't particularly lucky, early game really slams you.
Also dislike d'Eon quite a bit thanks to them ruining my first 4 star spot.

Haven't been in long enough to desire favorites or save up for someone I like. I just want good servants right now. Beggars can't be choosers yet. Aside from Gorgon from the 4 star select. She's always been useful and a clutch since obtaining her.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 11:38:35 PM »
Yeah Deon unfortunately sucks. I got Stheno as my starter character and she didn't do me any favors.

For what it's worth, you're going to be a lot better off leveling common units that you can actually max ascend than rarer units that you don't have materials for. Almost all common units are pretty viable, and especially high-priority commons include Hans, Euryale, Arash, and possibly Medea who are all particularly excellent and will be essential for the entire duration of the game.

What singularity are you on?
hot breadsticks is what we bake
we don't bake pie and we don't bake cake

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 12:12:32 AM »
Just finished London before this event started. So I'm at the Fifth now.

I think I have a good enough crew to start getting through game more comfortably. Though, some slots for a 2nd of the same class aren't as great. Like Assassin... used to be, until this event.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 02:02:06 AM »

I think I have a good enough crew to start getting through game more comfortably. Though, some slots for a 2nd of the same class aren't as great. Like Assassin... used to be, until this event.

Oh, it starts to get mean at the Sixth.  If you have her, you may want to focus on bulking up Euryale by then.

- - - - -

It feels like the CE battle drop rate is higher than normal.  I've just landed my 2nd Summer Premonition via battle drop, and I've also got one each of Chorus and Threefold Barrier the same way too.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:06:02 AM by Aya Reiko »

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 03:47:33 AM »
NA: 744,042,212

Been playing for 3 years at NA. Not exactly at launch, but pretty close to it
Therefore, the salt experience in my entire being is high
Ongoing Quests: Death's Gatekeeper

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 04:16:36 AM »

Ah gotcha, I got stuck on the early demon pillars so if you can handle those then you're doing pretty decent. Although I didn't understand how to use Mystic Codes until waaaay late in the game (I thought they used command seals for some reason) which hurt.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Lost in Seven Dimensions
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 07:33:33 AM »
ostrawberries we're at 9M Downloads already... 3 SQ from Master Missions, more tix, half AP EoR story quests, and SE.RA.PH release Servants (minus Melt) in the rate-up.

On the one hand, we're gonna just barely whiff getting those tickets for MAGARE; on the other hand, we're at least getting the March monthly tickets if you want them for her.

This is also your reminder to head back to the Hanging Gardens to redeem your extra Flavor Boosts, Lock-On Chocolates, and Surprise Chocolates. I only just remembered myself....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 07:48:31 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 07:50:07 AM »
I think there may still be a chance to use those tickets on the KnK banners, but that depends entirely on if I misunderstood the news or not.

The first reward is written to be your first login after 2020-02-24 20:00 PST. Then, so long as I'm not goofing something, the seventh available reward should be 2020-03-01 20:00 PST, right?

Void and MAGARE are lasting until 03-02 20:00 PST so we should have *just one* day to try our luck.

Well, in either case, I hope that's how it works out, but even if not, it's about time we start getting 3 SQ from weeklies. That'll be great stuff.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 01:43:12 PM »
I got Stheno as my starter character and she didn't do me any favors.

I will not tolerate such blasphemy in my house

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 02:50:33 PM »
Stheno is a horrible starter character. She should not be on the starter list and neither should Deon. But she is in the Shuten Club of 40% Shuten charismas so that's a big plus. A big plus that deeeefinitely is not of any use to new players.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 03:09:59 PM »
Stheno is the best starter character because it is very important that new players know their place in the Fate world (below Stheno).

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 06:32:09 PM »
It is very important that new players know their place in the Fate world (below Shuten's arm candy).

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 02:45:49 AM »
Funnily enough, d'Eon does get booted from the starter set later on; they get yeeted by Suzuka.

I do agree having a heavy tank in the starter set when you start with one is awkward as hell.

I just realized they made one of the cards in the Rank Up banner a question mark to hide the fact that two Alter Egos are getting buffs.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:23:30 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 04:42:42 AM »
Welp, today is officially the first time I've actually witnesses the "silver card turning gold" thing myself. I always knew about it, but I didn't know what it looks like.

Silver card stopped spinning, then started sparking with gold electricity sparks, and the card transformed into... NP2 Francis Drake :V

I really wish it were Shiki but I'm not even mad. Drake has been so useful, and also is one of my 5 or so bond 10 servants right now. I'd say she deserves the upgrade.

(also my very 2nd NP2 SSR?? that's neat)

ed: spleling
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 05:22:09 AM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2020, 05:35:14 AM »
Funnily enough, d'Eon does get booted from the starter set later on; they get yeeted by Suzuka.

I do agree having a heavy tank in the starter set when you start with one is awkward as hell.

I just realized they made one of the cards in the Rank Up banner a question mark to hide the fact that two Alter Egos are getting buffs.

Ooooh, is this when Lip and Melt get buffed? I like both of their buffs quite a lot on paper, so looking forward to it.

As far as tanks go, Mash is so busted that I've never felt like leveling up George or Leonidas was a priority at all. They both look pretty great, but Mash is stone-cold degenerate and I can't really envision needing two tanks at once. I imagine poor Deon falls into that category as well, they're arguably not better than George or Leonidas (although they do fill a pretty different role admittedly) and they're much harder to level. A substantial rework would be nice...

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2020, 05:50:02 AM »
In regard to tanks, I usually find myself using George or d'Eon when I specifically want a sacrificial tank. The 3-turn taunt helps them to soak some damage and then promptly die and get out of the way so my other units can do their thing. And you can use their guts or evade to manipulate how many turns you allow them to survive before heading out, so that's kind of cool.

For actual full-on tanking though? Honestly just Mash or Jeanne is who I go to for that kind of thing...

Sadly d'Eon's actual tanking ability is locked behind being a high ascension, when you've likely advanced far enough that Mash will cover most of your tanking needs, so s/he's just in a really awkward spot.

Although I've had d'Eon for quite a long time (picked with my very first 4-star ticket - a ticket I sometimes wish had gone to Salter, or getting Helena ealier) I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've *needed* them.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2020, 06:32:00 AM »
Ooooh, is this when Lip and Melt get buffed? I like both of their buffs quite a lot on paper, so looking forward to it.
Sorry, it's Kiara and Melt. Lip's isn't for a bit yet.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2020, 08:18:21 AM »
Don't forget to do the user survey.  Get 4 summon tickets on completion.

https://webview.fate-go.us/iframe/2020/0203_user_surv/

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 07:33:40 PM »
Opted to wait until last night to do a ten-pull on the new banner and while I didn't get Emiya Alter or Kiara, I did somehow manage to land myself Scheherazade and Astolfo.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Mesarthim

• Idiot
  • Getting lost somewhere
    • Mesarthim#2674
    • Steam
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2020, 08:09:44 PM »
US: 761,320,178

Friends list is usually full so you may need to poke me on discord if you need something in that regard. I'm known for having a lot of casters, and wavers. Particularly if I see another waver I may feel the need to shank him because I don't need NP4.
If you add me on steam you are going to be on an indefinite waiting period unless you tell me beforehand.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2020, 05:29:09 PM »
I'm pretty close to done with the current event but I looked ahead at the handful of missions I don't have and almost gave up when I saw that I needed so many more Shiki bond levels. Good thing I complained about it on the internet though, because someone pointed out to me that Shiki's bond levels 4 and 5 are way way shorter than the earlier ones. I should be able to finish up in plenty of time after all. That's a dirty trick.  ;D

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2020, 08:00:42 PM »
I managed to finish pretty safely, with 3 days left even after finishing up the last bit of farming.

Unfortunately, being busy for some of this weekend means I'm missing out on the cost cut quests and ember farming + better usage.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2020, 01:29:00 AM »
Oof, I almost lost the challenge quest with Shiki at 200 HP. But I forgot that Robin Hood's poison actually does damage and it finished her off.  ;D

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2020, 02:24:24 AM »
I've been farming the Parking Lot for literally a week for QP purposes because I've had all missions done and the shop completely bought out since less than 24 hours after the challenge quest opened as selectable. <_<; I didn't realize others had so much trouble getting Shiki's bond level up. (This thread is not the only place I've seen people discuss it.)

EDIT: Made one last push for Fujino, got Ryougi Saber instead. Great success...?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:46:08 AM by Kilgamayan »