Author Topic: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)  (Read 473593 times)

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 3)
« Reply #360 on: June 04, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »
Ok, I've been pondering it this evening and I'm not really as confident on my Beru read anymore, I think I was partly getting tilted at the open lack of care for the game but I can see a bit better now what people mean by towntelling the (lack of) reaction to pressure enough to not feel good about the lynch over other options.
##Unvote

I'm off to sleep v v soon but I'll be around hopefully within a few hrs before deadline. I'm honestly eyeing a Raik lynch but will be ok lynching the lurkers (especially bothered by meow and Abu) or Serela. Not interested in lynching zwerd today so if it were up to me that wagon would be dismantled and it's voters would move elsewhere. It's kind of insane to me that we still have 3 non-voters this late into the day.

Isn't this true for Town as well?

Also the fact Beru's attitude hasn't really changed under pressure I think is a towntell? He's not panicing or anything. Scum would naturally be a lot more self-preservative. Also I guess I kind of emphaise with Beru's 'I think everyone who's actually trying to do something is townie' stance because I have a rather similar stance.

Also; I think it's worth mentioning again. Often in MotK Town D1 the people actually posting content are town but other townies make cases on them because they're the ones with the content to make cases out of, and we often end with Town v Town D1 with Scum lurking or low-efforting.

To be fair; Beru hasn't actually done much. But there are many players who have done far less.

Like; you have abu/meow who have done literally nothing; Dormio's actually done hardly anything, same with Yasulf. You could even throw Bardiche in here alright what he has posted I like.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't at least one scum among these 5.
These 3 underlines statements fall into what I mentioned of being objective discussion of the game, and the rest at best are weak sounding reads. Coupling this with the fact that Raik has literally never put a vote down or given a strong scumread on anyone I'm convinced there's no actual desire to get the ball rolling on anything.
##Vote: Raikaria
I'm parking my vote here while I sleep.

Oh, and, @Mod: You have Yaersulf twice in the vc.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #361 on: June 04, 2020, 03:58:14 PM »
Work sucks. Anyway.

Still don't like zwerdjib. On top of what I've said earlier, I'm not a big fan of relatively neutral stance he takes with regards to Zoomy. In his first big post here, he makes the statement "i think you care more about this game than a lot of people so im beginning to think you might be green" which is a really weak statement coming from the person who just outright states things like "beru is scum". Like his previous townreads were worded much more definitely "raikaria is probably town"]/[url=https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=149.msg7660#msg7660]"serela is probably t." and it irks me. Like, it sounds to me as though he was being a bit indecisive and wanted to leave his options open on being able to swap his read really quickly if Zoomy's following posts looked scummy.
On top of that, I don't really like this statement here "i follow. i copy. i agree. i think at this point its going to be much easier to resolve a lurker slot than say dormio so im fine with a gameplan like this." Like zwerdjib thinks that I'm scum. I'm pretty sure he hasn't changed his opinion on this. But he's content not to push me because he thinks it's easier to push a lurker. Yep, I definitely don't like this one bit.

Other opinions include Zoomy sounding incredibly sane, and NuclearWaffles toning it down a bit. I still think NuclearWaffles is going to be nuked at the soonest opportunity, so that's a whatever from me.

Serela continues to exist and... not much more. Not liking this at all.
beru, AbuHumaid, Yaersulf, and meow56 are all dead slots that need to be prodded with many sticks to get them to post more opinions. Too bad I think the only thing more inactive than these slots is our mod.

oh for fire trucks sake

« Reply #362 on: June 04, 2020, 04:06:22 PM »
I'd like to call attention to the fact that Abu hasn't answered my request for his opinions on people. Seeing as I haven't done the same I'll do so so that my request isn't so hypocritical.

DTL(Down to Lynch): Abu, Nuclearwaffles, Beru
Got my eye on you >_>: Zwerdjib, Meow
Not sure: Serela, Raikaria, Daiya, Bardiche
Team Systemic Racism(A.K.A 'Murica, A.K.A Town): Dormio, Zoomy Tsugumi

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2020, 05:42:21 PM »
I'm back from work.

I'm not particularly pleased with Zoomy's case on me but hey I'm biased on that one. As I've repeatedly said; it's rather difficult to make a case when there's no content to make a case on. Also it's not like I'm the only one to not feel confident enough to place a vote. But that would be beating a dead horse. And again, the effort feels more misguided town than scum.

Also if I'm keeping track of time we only have like 4 hours left now? So consolidation becomes a thing.

Geez this is the worst Day 1. Hopefully some flips will give us some info to help me actually be able to make something Day 2.

Anyway:

1. Serela
2. Daiya

3. Beru
4. zwerdjib
5. nucleuswaffles
6. Dormio
7. Yaersulf

8. Bardiche
9. Meow56
10. Raikaria
11.  Zoomy Tsugumi
12.Abu

Red are people I'm very open to lynch. Abu/Meow haven't done anything at all of any relevance at all, and Beru isn't much better. I think most people have expressed this already.

Yellow are people I'm not 100% on lynching and are not priorities; but I'm willing to consolidate on:

Serela has his weird waffles and trying to pin his idea's credit on me for some weird reason.

Daiya has the strange appeals to other players that both me and Bardiche have pointed out

Zwerdjib has the massclaim idea at ED1 which I disliked and has done his usual tapering off since; which he did as scum before.

Nucleus is only yellow because I think he's more likly ITP than actually scum if he's not Town.

Dormio I'm fine with lynching because I haven't really been impressed with anything he's posted. That said; Dormio is probobly the lowest priority yellow.

Yaersulf hasn't done much either but I do get the feeling he's actually trying somewhat when he does post something.

I wouldn't support a Bard, Zoomy, or myself lynch. I don't like giving townreads but eh. Those are the only people I have an outright townread on. Everyone else is very slight townread ~ Null or worse.

BECAUSE THERE'S BEEN SO LITTLE CONTENT FOR ME TO MAKE READS FROM *HEADDESK*

While I would personally rather an Abu/Meow lynch on the simple basis of them being completely useless; we only have a few hours so...

##Vote: Beru

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2020, 05:42:56 PM »
Oh god the yellow is awful. I should have chosen orange. But I can't edit it so you'll have to forgive me for the sin of straining your eyes.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

AbuHumaid

« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2020, 05:45:48 PM »
OK, I'm here, so I'll catch up for real now.

I might get distracted though. Kengan Ashura is a great manga.

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2020, 05:49:00 PM »
i like tsugumi's slot. his presence has already been very healthy for the gamestate and he's done an amazing job at drawing out productivity. don't see someone like him subbing in after all this time to powerwolf, it seems like he has a real desire to solve this

the role-confirming idea was still kinda bad in retrospect, it doesn't give town much useful info and helps progress the scum poe. so slight lapse in judgement there. would've loved being able to confirm zwerd's pick being itg though

since i'm already talking about him, idt i ever made my stance on him real clear. my main gripe w/ him was that he tried to implicate me with a supposed meta read, without any real meta. felt like he was trying too hard to recontextualize and justify his push on me, and that just doesn't sit well. ik it isn't the kind of reasoning that's easy to get behind. didn't say much about his massclaim idea because i could still see him doing it as town. nai

@ with that definition of passive gameplay then sure, guess i'm guilty. i liked bard's vote on celery and decided that it'd be better to add pressure on him over yaer. a single vote doesn't do strawberries, and i was already pressing him verbally

asking raik about serela's meta doesn't mean that i was townreading him though, especially when i was openly sus of the two ppl townreading him with weird reasoning. his slot's been a hard null for me, and i just haven't been reading into him that deeply

looking at him, i can agree that his content doesn't have much meat to it. he's rational as usual when it comes to gameplay discussions, and there seems to be a reliance on his meta philosophy, like he's running his basic raikaria script. based on what he said about me and celery, there's easily cases he could've built, but they kind of just went nowhere. not exactly saying that he should've pushed for lynches or anything, but there isn't even a little bit of pressure. so ig i'd like to know what he rly thinks of our slots and why he hasn't done much w/ them. taking him out wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but i think i like a sorelle lynch better atm. his gameplay is practically a 1:1 copy of what i've seen him do as scum: make excuses for not having much content, mix in some game theory, and go for easy lynching

as for some of the inactives:
all i can say about aboo is that from what little i've played w/ him, he was lazy af in his town slot. can relate. he was playing with the intention of baiting a nk granted, but i still think it's more of an abu thing. working on him prob won't do much tonight, but if he can pop in w/ an update, then that'd be great

meowstic looks pretty bad to me. liked him when he was poking ppl near the start, but now he mostly just gives lackluster responses when adressed and sinks away. beating him till he regurgitates reads is already proven not to help much this late tho so if i live, i want to interact with him more tomorrow

yaer's acting like more of a free agent now, so i feel a bit better about him. unsure if it's more of a response to pressure, but i think there's enough doubt there for me to ease up on him. don't care for his use of the newbie card though, he's already proven to be pretty competent. appreciate his effort regardless

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2020, 05:49:51 PM »
oh, nice. two more ppl here

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2020, 06:13:31 PM »
i like tsugumi's slot. his presence has already been very healthy for the gamestate and he's done an amazing job at drawing out productivity. don't see someone like him subbing in after all this time to powerwolf, it seems like he has a real desire to solve this

the role-confirming idea was still kinda bad in retrospect, it doesn't give town much useful info and helps progress the scum poe. so slight lapse in judgement there. would've loved being able to confirm zwerd's pick being itg though

since i'm already talking about him, idt i ever made my stance on him real clear. my main gripe w/ him was that he tried to implicate me with a supposed meta read, without any real meta. felt like he was trying too hard to recontextualize and justify his push on me, and that just doesn't sit well. ik it isn't the kind of reasoning that's easy to get behind. didn't say much about his massclaim idea because i could still see him doing it as town. nai

@ with that definition of passive gameplay then sure, guess i'm guilty. i liked bard's vote on celery and decided that it'd be better to add pressure on him over yaer. a single vote doesn't do strawberries, and i was already pressing him verbally

asking raik about serela's meta doesn't mean that i was townreading him though, especially when i was openly sus of the two ppl townreading him with weird reasoning. his slot's been a hard null for me, and i just haven't been reading into him that deeply

looking at him, i can agree that his content doesn't have much meat to it. he's rational as usual when it comes to gameplay discussions, and there seems to be a reliance on his meta philosophy, like he's running his basic raikaria script. based on what he said about me and celery, there's easily cases he could've built, but they kind of just went nowhere. not exactly saying that he should've pushed for lynches or anything, but there isn't even a little bit of pressure. so ig i'd like to know what he rly thinks of our slots and why he hasn't done much w/ them. taking him out wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but i think i like a sorelle lynch better atm. his gameplay is practically a 1:1 copy of what i've seen him do as scum: make excuses for not having much content, mix in some game theory, and go for easy lynching

as for some of the inactives:
all i can say about aboo is that from what little i've played w/ him, he was lazy af in his town slot. can relate. he was playing with the intention of baiting a nk granted, but i still think it's more of an abu thing. working on him prob won't do much tonight, but if he can pop in w/ an update, then that'd be great

meowstic looks pretty bad to me. liked him when he was poking ppl near the start, but now he mostly just gives lackluster responses when adressed and sinks away. beating him till he regurgitates reads is already proven not to help much this late tho so if i live, i want to interact with him more tomorrow

yaer's acting like more of a free agent now, so i feel a bit better about him. unsure if it's more of a response to pressure, but i think there's enough doubt there for me to ease up on him. don't care for his use of the newbie card though, he's already proven to be pretty competent. appreciate his effort regardless

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

this doesnt encompass your gameplay in general, just one action

and im not looking for you to justify yourself; im just pointing out your playstyle and why i dont like it

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #369 on: June 04, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »

you said this last game

you better not be a vig this game too

beru

• im gay
« Reply #370 on: June 04, 2020, 07:24:57 PM »
hewwo I am awake now when is dl

looks like I am about to be mislynched for the crime of not caring about mafia

note to self don't let smartbomb and shadoweh make you sign up for things

beru

• im gay
« Reply #371 on: June 04, 2020, 07:52:48 PM »
you know, I don't really consider myself low activity. I have a middling postcount for this game, I'm just not writing walls

I have no idea how the rest of you are able to write so many words about a game with like 200 posts in it

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2020, 07:58:06 PM »
you know, I don't really consider myself low activity. I have a middling postcount for this game, I'm just not writing walls

I have no idea how the rest of you are able to write so many words about a game with like 200 posts in it

i dunno either tbf

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2020, 08:02:35 PM »

For what it's worth; I don't know, and I'd rather lynch Abu/Meow over you but there dosen't even seem to be enough people around to change the wagon.

beru

• im gay
« Reply #374 on: June 04, 2020, 08:07:25 PM »
well, we can try

##vote: meow

beru

• im gay
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2020, 08:10:24 PM »
normally about right now villager me would be yelling at villager me to do something villagery like making a reads wall or iso people or something

the problem with that is that I'm on mobile and this forum seems to be hostile towards mobile users. I want to look at everyone's posts and make some reads but the process is so laborious on mobile that I have kind of just given up. normally I would do real time interaction with people in a case like this but there are never people around when I'm around.

this is revenge for something, probably

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2020, 08:13:43 PM »
eh. meow getting lynched wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but it feels like too much of a shot in the dark rn.  the exact same thing happened with him last game as well, and that turned out pretty poorly.

beru

• im gay
« Reply #377 on: June 04, 2020, 08:23:04 PM »
ok. do you want to lynch anyone who isn't me

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #378 on: June 04, 2020, 08:28:53 PM »
yah, serela. guess i forgot to mention it in my wallpost, but i'm not feeling your wagon. dunno much about your meta, but i doubt you'd just double down and stick to a demotivated townie act in this situation

beru

• im gay
« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2020, 08:31:39 PM »
well thanks

it's not an act tho :x I just don't like this forum software soz

next time I play a motk game I'll make sure I have ample desktop access time

I mean, I can see my laptop from here but I can't use it right now because my gf doesn't like it when I do work or mafia when she's at my house. never thought I would be That Guy but here I am, being that guy

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2020, 08:51:43 PM »
Oh crud I woke up at like 2pm and went to work without turning on my computer, when is deadline

Haven't read thread yet will try to find a minute , it should slow down soon

beru

• im gay
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »
as far as I know dl is in 8 minutes

glgl

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2020, 08:56:16 PM »
WAIT WHAT

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2020, 08:56:54 PM »
Deadline is actually in 5 hours. Having said that. What.
I'm going to be at work and probably not around for that.

beru

• im gay
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2020, 08:58:34 PM »
how is dl in 5 hours... I thought it was now

+ in the interest of self preservation
##vote: zwerdjib

beru

• im gay
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2020, 08:59:53 PM »
OOOO ok I'm silly

the timer counts down

it doesn't have a fancy box or anything so I thought it was just written text

I'll be able to do the things I want to do later then, fingers crossed

##unvote

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2020, 09:00:51 PM »
Raikaria>Serela has his weird waffles and trying to pin his idea's credit on me for some weird reason.

Saw this while looking for a votecount, I already replied to this before but again, I only said if there's a submarine they should maybe claim, you advanced the idea significantly farther

I just realized the deadline counter is automatic I thought it was just plaintext

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2020, 09:05:48 PM »
how is dl in 5 hours... I thought it was now

+ in the interest of self preservation
##vote: zwerdjib

z

im too tired to play any more

« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2020, 09:07:44 PM »

Please un-distract yourself before deadline.

beru

• im gay
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2020, 09:10:48 PM »
z

im too tired to play any more

folding when I vote you for self pres isn't a good look br0