Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 840746 times)

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Four)
« Reply #1830 on: April 24, 2020, 05:30:57 AM »
PX used a one-shot doctor last night. We were wrong on our guess but that's alright. I was baiting a move from scum and it just. Didn't work out.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1831 on: April 24, 2020, 05:32:01 AM »
out of curiosity did you daycop one of yourselves or me

Fabloo

« Reply #1832 on: April 24, 2020, 05:32:35 AM »
day 7 daycop rofl

clearly fabloo just wanted an excuse to governor (as any alignment) purely to stretch out time and get that sick lylo daycop

Yeah. But I also really did think Tom was town.

Serela. What do you think of that lynch? It can certainly be analyzed. Was all town just tunneling Tom?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Night Three)
« Reply #1833 on: April 24, 2020, 05:34:21 AM »
Raikara. I cannot find your claim. Hopefully this will ensure the best possible results for tommorow morning.

As I quoted during Day 3 to give context to what I said were 'my only abilities', my only abilities are the ability to post in this thread and the ability to vote.

I'm Vanillia.

Tom nightkill is pure 100% unadulterated 'what'.

I hate rolespec. Also I'm growing ever more suspicious of the fact Fabloo and PX are both still alive. And that Tom was the nightkill is really; really odd. In fact, all the nightkills have seemed a little strange. For what it's worth, Governer is usually a Town ability from what I'm used to.

I can see a few explanations:

1: Scumteam is deathly afraid of Doctors or other town PR's

2: Scumteam dosen't want to 'confirm' the surviving mason

3: Scumteam is all inexperienced

4: Fabloo and PX are lying

Also; @Dormio/Conq: Did this lynch over-rule count as Town's one no-lynch?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1834 on: April 24, 2020, 05:36:05 AM »
sorry, one-shot-doc*

I already commented on that yesterday. I don't think that was a situation where Tom's potential scumbuddy could possibly defend them. There's a point where attempting to defend your about-to-be-lynched buddy really only hurts yourself.

Fabloo

« Reply #1835 on: April 24, 2020, 05:37:06 AM »
I honestly don't think the scumteam is inexperienced. I think maybe there's one experienced player in there not necessarily coaching rather being survivalist and hoping that he can use his fodder to propel himself further through the game.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1836 on: April 24, 2020, 05:37:52 AM »
Also I'm not voting atm because I don't really have time to read/case people before going to work.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Fabloo

« Reply #1837 on: April 24, 2020, 05:38:42 AM »
As for why he kept us alive? I don't know. Dormio and NNR survived for a very very long time as masons in the last game. Perhaps he thought the same. We could've been horribly wrong and he didn't fear us. Also maybe not just one but two. I don't think this scumteam is stupid as we assume. They're just biding their time.

Fabloo

« Reply #1838 on: April 24, 2020, 05:41:24 AM »
out of curiosity did you daycop one of yourselves or me

We were selfish and used it on me. I was. Really. Really. Hoping that I could bait them into me. It didn't work.

Fabloo

« Reply #1839 on: April 24, 2020, 05:42:17 AM »
That's kinda why I think scum aren't stupid. Someone saw through me and also why I gave up the gambit before I kept giving them false ammunition.

Fabloo

« Reply #1840 on: April 24, 2020, 05:45:43 AM »
Venting.

I was a little peeved BBM didn't follow through because if scum had a rolecop we could confirm it if they tried to rolecop PX once I revealed we had more abilities beyond altering the day. Instead he picked you again and it's just. Slightly unnerving. Slightly.

« Reply #1841 on: April 24, 2020, 05:47:48 AM »
I'm really sorry about being wrong about Tom guys, I was so sure about him too. :(

I'll be back in a while to try and work out what the hell's going on and who I should even vote at this point.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Night Three)
« Reply #1842 on: April 24, 2020, 05:48:30 AM »
Also; @Dormio/Conq: Did this lynch over-rule count as Town's one no-lynch?
The day has ended with no lynch!
Quote from: Rules
14) You may no-lynch TWICE throughout the game. Any further no-lynches will result in a universal loss.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:56:56 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1843 on: April 24, 2020, 05:50:54 AM »
I was a little peeved BBM didn't follow through because if scum had a rolecop we could confirm it if they tried to rolecop PX once I revealed we had more abilities beyond altering the day. Instead he picked you again and it's just. Slightly unnerving. Slightly.
his tom check idea actually sounded pretty solid but it's a bit late for that

we can have him try to confirm my role tonight instead!! but somehow I don't think this will go as planned. planning your night actions in broad daylight with scum staring at you tends to not work well. unless there's like 1 left so they're strained on night actions, or the blocker is already dead, or something.

then again. they did kill tom for us???? maybe it works great???????

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1844 on: April 24, 2020, 05:52:58 AM »
Votecount
banana spritzee (2): Serela, PX
Fabloo (1): Disquieted
Disquieted (1): banana spritzee
sb (0):
raikaria (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
PX (0):

There is currently 1 male character and 9 female characters in the game.
With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Not voting: sb, Fabloo, raikaria, Yaersulf, BigBangMeteor, Daiya

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 05:06:19 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1845 on: April 24, 2020, 05:54:36 AM »
I am assumeing then, since we did not no-lynch, we still have a no-lynch?

Because the ability to force a universal loss with an ability seems pretty silly.

And yeah; the more I think about the nightkills [Zwejb; NNR and Tom] the more I get concerned.

Even if you're trying to avoid the Doctor/Tracker ect, when the hell would you ever nightkill someone town just early-lynched?

NNR wasn't doing too much; but he really seemed convinced Smartbomb was scum.

Zwejb wasn't anyone's strongest townread, but he was sure pushing Serela.

Tom was pushing Banana

So there's not really a pattern there.

Anyway I got ~15 mins before I gtg, so any questions you'd like me to answer throw them out now because I'm working a 10hour shift + travel.

Fabloo

« Reply #1846 on: April 24, 2020, 05:55:08 AM »
So assuming everyone who has claimed are real.

Fabloo, Serela, BBM, PX

That leaves Disquieted, SB, Raikara, Banana, Yaersulf, Daiya.

I think SB is town still. Yaersulf I'm not sure. Daiya I felt was towny a bit earlier. Banana is not playing. Disquieted has lost his marbles.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1847 on: April 24, 2020, 05:57:56 AM »
Because the ability to force a universal loss with an ability seems pretty silly.
I cut paste from the wrong set of rules. The post has been fixed.

« Reply #1848 on: April 24, 2020, 06:00:15 AM »
Fabloo while you're here, I'd like to hear exactly why you thought Tom was town. Because it seems like just about everyone else agreed that he was probably scum?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1849 on: April 24, 2020, 06:02:03 AM »
I'm pretty sure Dormio is telling you not to no-lynch again or rocks fall everybody dies.

Fabloo presumably would have the peace of mind as any alignment to not governor the lynch if we'd no-lynched already! ...I HOPE

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1850 on: April 24, 2020, 06:03:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure Dormio is telling you not to no-lynch again or rocks fall everybody dies.

Fabloo presumably would have the peace of mind as any alignment to not governor the lynch if we'd no-lynched already! ...I HOPE

Dormio edited it to Two NL's.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1851 on: April 24, 2020, 06:03:32 AM »
o h

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1852 on: April 24, 2020, 06:04:06 AM »
is dormio even sure what numbers are or does he have a monkey doing it for him each time

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1853 on: April 24, 2020, 06:04:34 AM »
I'll have you know that my monkey is very highly trained.

Fabloo

« Reply #1854 on: April 24, 2020, 06:09:50 AM »
Fabloo while you're here, I'd like to hear exactly why you thought Tom was town. Because it seems like just about everyone else agreed that he was probably scum?

Instinct. Things I talked about at the end of D1 in my giant read wall. It hasn't changed too much. Also didn't feel right that a scum would just self-vote like that and the way he did as well. Looked like Tom was trying to prove a point the lynch was wrong and wanted us to suffer because of it.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1855 on: April 24, 2020, 06:10:20 AM »
Also after this do people still belive that the scumteam isn't just filled with newbies?

It would explain the nightkills.

« Reply #1856 on: April 24, 2020, 07:21:30 AM »
I am of the opinion that Tom got vigged for being obvscum (what the fire truck he flipped town) and the nightkill was blocked, honestly.

This game is a mess but also I don’t really feel like we’re losing it. Shrug.

« Reply #1857 on: April 24, 2020, 08:48:33 AM »
To reply to BBM, I think Serela being Universal Backup makes the whole “Masons existing with the powers they do” thing more likely considering there’s a contingency if one of them chokes N1 or something.

I also don’t think we should massclaim yet. Protective role still exists and I don’t want to out them. I don’t think scum actually has a roleblocker since only Serela on N3 failed an action and that could be explained by other things, like rai being scum Ascetic or something. That’s where I’m kind of interested in looking next ftr, but I might take a bit to get to it.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1858 on: April 24, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »
I'm eating dinner, wanna talk?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1859 on: April 24, 2020, 10:23:59 AM »
Gonna be brief.

Everyone is town. I cannot find a reason for anyone to be scum short of TBZ and that's cause TBZ is easy. If I was to make a list I would be fitting square pegs in round holes, frankly.

Maybe the scum is TBZ + 1. This probably means we're lynching TBZ today and being complacent. But that's really annoying to deal with.

Let's talk about the masons.

Fabloo literally hard defended Nucleus over and over again. We don't need to go over this. It exists.

Fabloo cares way too much about living, to a ridiculous degree. They're masons, we lynch PX for the security and we still have a bunch of highly townie players and roles. How do we lose here? From Fabloo's perspective knowing that there are four claimed roles and one or two theoretical unclaimed roles (protective/killing) the game is locked. Fabloo is scared because he doesn't want to die. Why?

Fabloo literally dictated night actions in the middle of the night to be completely suboptimal. Forcing Serela to track Tom is useless all around and implies Fabloo has some significant TMI on Tom. If Tom is town it's useless. If Tom is scum, what the fire truck does that say? Forcing BBM to voyeur PX to get around a rolecop that is already dead is nonsense. Forcing a doc on anyone period is just poor. Why not force a doc on Serela? Why on Fabloo?

This couldn't have been done in the middle of the day?

Why does Fabloo block a lynch on Tom? Now that we have hindsight it's cause we know he's town. But we had no idea he was town, so this is rank, and even worse, we wouldn't know Tom was town if he DIDN'T DIE LAST NIGHT. Had Fabloo blocked a lynch and say Serela had died which was to be expected, we go back to lynching Tom again and quite frankly the lynch stop was completely scumsided cause it turned out Tom was really bad at defending himself. The only way Fabloo reads Tom as town here is just blatant TMI; even worse about this is that Fabloo doesn't actually have a direction today which means he SHOULDN'T BE SO CONVINCED TOM WAS TOWN, cause he has no relative scumread to push instead on. He should be reevaluating.

You know why no power roles have died? Cause all three claimed power roles on Day 1 were scum, and if you kill a power role, people start asking questions why the masons are still alive. Night 2 is questionable but could be chalked to a doc dodge. Night 3 was deliberately planned, or a vig, and the vig should out at this point if they exist.

Quite frankly I see this as a gambit and we will lose the game to this unless a spotlight is shined on it. So we can lynch TBZ and shut our brains off cause we're ahead, but I'm staying here cause if TBZ flips town you all are going to tinfoil on absolute garbage when the answer is right here.

It doesn't even have to be hard. Just lynch a mason at some point. You also can't backup a mason god-wise but that's beside the point and flavourgaming.

And if I'm wrong and TBZ flips scum, whatever. This doesn't detract from anything if he flips scum. It has to be said.