Author Topic: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Game Over!)  (Read 840774 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Three)
« Reply #1710 on: April 22, 2020, 05:57:16 AM »
I can't count. This has been a recurring theme.
Votecount
Tom (2): Fabloo, Yaersulf
banana spritzee (2): Serela, Tom
sb (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
Serela (0):
Yaersulf (0):
Disquieted (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
PX (0):

There is currently 1 male character and 10 female characters in the game.
With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Not voting: sb, raikaria, banana spritzee, Disquieted, BigBangMeteor, Daiya, PX

Time until day phase ends: [ Expired ]

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1711 on: April 22, 2020, 06:08:49 AM »
Raikaria, is there any reason an ability would fail if targeted on you because of your role?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1712 on: April 22, 2020, 06:09:25 AM »
Raikaria, is there any reason an ability would fail if targeted on you because of your role?

Absolutely not. I have said the full capabilities of my role [much] earlier in the thread.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1713 on: April 22, 2020, 06:09:52 AM »
Cool beans, that's what BBM is asking wrt ascetic. That's all.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1714 on: April 22, 2020, 06:24:55 AM »
This is an irritating day cause Tom is probably the right lynch and is highly likely to be scum. I just don't know what happens after that.

The role clash doesn't help either cause Serela lying is slightly strange in this position. I also don't know what a reasonable answer to this interaction is that doesn't involve one person lying.

« Reply #1715 on: April 22, 2020, 12:29:52 PM »
I'm still kinda baffled that Nucleus is scum and not third party. Anyway I had a job interview that I spent a while prepping for this morning, I'll get back into the swing of things in a bit.

« Reply #1716 on: April 22, 2020, 12:31:56 PM »
General reads post-flips?

1) sb
4) Fabloo + 15) PX
8) Serela

12) BigBangMeteor

9) Yaersulf
13) Daiya

5) raikaria
10) Disquieted

2) Tom
6) banana spritzee

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1717 on: April 22, 2020, 12:41:09 PM »
Sorry but you're going to have to explain this one, these words mean nothing to me.

A manhunt game is a game with multiple third parties (eg a cult and a serial killer, or two SKs) as opposed to having a traditional mafia team. Such games are usually OC (Outside Contact), as in all players are allowed to talk and coordinate privately outside the thread by default, because catching third parties without role use is pretty hard since it's much easier for them to fake being town and they have no interactions to tie them to other scum. But I was speculating whether this game was an NOC (No Outside Contact) manhunt game because of the parts to nucleus's role that were hidden. But smartbomb's explanation that those were just the nightkill and scum chat are probably more likely. I forgot that motk likes putting those in the role PM. Although I'm not sure why the nightkill needs to be redacted.

« Reply #1718 on: April 22, 2020, 12:41:48 PM »
Okay. I read Nucleus' ISO.

##Vote: Tom

There's a lot of small buddying there and letting Tom off for not solid reasons. I tried the same for TBZ (Bard) and their engagements there at least looked a little more genuine. I think there's definite scum between the two slots but I'm not sure if it's both. I do kinda think that one scum bussed Nucleus, but finding the busser comes second to finding the off-wagon scum.

@BBM it was probably redacted if it includes scumteam info (like you are scum with X and Y and share a kill).

« Reply #1719 on: April 22, 2020, 12:42:48 PM »
I think the third ability Nucleus had though was probably not a factional thing and actually related to their role. It looks weird to drop rolecop just in the middle of two factional abilities imo.

« Reply #1720 on: April 22, 2020, 12:47:01 PM »
An alternative would be Disquieted as scum number three, but I feel like small things don't add up there.

Also wrt rolespec: I don't think scum would rand a Safeguard onto raikaria, when they could just be using it to kill a Mason, instead of NNR who was probably more lynchable today than yesterday? At least more than the masons.

Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #1721 on: April 22, 2020, 12:50:39 PM »
WHAT THE FIRE TRUCK SERELA YOU'RE IN A 1V1

Actually uh I'm still perplexed by this. Hm.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1722 on: April 22, 2020, 12:51:13 PM »
It's frustrating because I don't really want to claim fully because it will give scum info I don't really want to give them at the moment. I kind of feel like there's some other chicanery going on but also I'll feel really silly if my dumb role actually caught scum and I let it pass.

I targeted Serela with a Voyeur ability on N2. He wasn't targeted by any other role actions. So either we have a Ninja Roleblocker or a Roleblocker + Sneak or raikaria is lying or serela is lying.

It's fairly likely that scum do have some sort of Ninja/Sneak ability given Tracker and the possibility for Tracker to be backed up. But I would expect that to be attached to the nightkill, not the Roleblocker. Given motk meta is generally that scum cannot use their regular role and nightkill on the same night, it feels pretty weird for them to have used it to dodge a watcher/voyeur on serela when to their knowledge they wouldn't know to be afraid of anything except serela.

« Reply #1723 on: April 22, 2020, 12:52:57 PM »
I guess even if this was some ridiculous scum!Serela gambit where he counterclaims his buddy, I think he just drives it home for cred instead of doing uh, whatever that was. Right?

« Reply #1724 on: April 22, 2020, 12:56:00 PM »
I don't think Ninja Roleblocker would be too weird, but neither would scum Ascetic raikaria.

@Serela does your role just... fail if the target doesn't go anywhere or do you get results?

« Reply #1725 on: April 22, 2020, 12:56:44 PM »
Actually idk about there being a ninja because is Zwerd even a real tracker? It looked like a nerfed version to me.

PX

• School Idol?
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1726 on: April 22, 2020, 12:59:39 PM »
##Vote: Tom

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1727 on: April 22, 2020, 01:04:06 PM »
I'm ngl I read zwerds role properly for the first time just now and only just now realized he doesn't even see who they visited. That's pretty strawberriesty lol. I still feel like it should say "your target didn't visit anybody" as opposed to just failing.

I just feel like scum ascetic raikaria claims town ascetic. Dunno. We can try the same thing again tonight to see if it was a one-shot ability for scum but now that I've claimed I'll probably get NKed gg.

Anyways bbl work

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1728 on: April 22, 2020, 02:00:12 PM »
Considering that scum haven’t killed either mason or the universal backup -> tracker (reporter?! i noticed it didn’t specifically say zwerdjib would get results of who he’d visited earlier but I assumed that was a host mistake cause who puts a reporter in a game) you may have your work cut out for you yet, BBM.

Ugh this game is stupid. Maybe sb’s on the right track and serela misread his result as a “target didn’t go anywhere”? Other than that I can actually squint and consider a world where a ninja roleblocker goes out. Or not. fire truck lol this game took time to make.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1729 on: April 22, 2020, 02:15:27 PM »
MY BRAIN hello I just woke up.

No my result definitely was not just that Raikaria didn't go anywhere. Man, this role wouldn't be very good if you couldn't tell the difference between "went nowhere" and "failed". Well, I guess it would be, you can still catch people in lies pretty easily if they claim "doesn't go places" roles.

I actually think I kind of like this variant of watcher/tracker? It takes down the level of "GOT'CHA!" while still providing potentially pretty significant information. After hosting a couple games my favored setup to make became "role madness, but also most of the roles are very low power". Hmm. Maybe people really don't need to know the difference between "went nowhere" and "failed". B)

I'm liking the points so far for voting Tom over TBZ, by the way.
##Unvote
##Vote Tom

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1730 on: April 22, 2020, 02:18:42 PM »
This would be the part where I summarise my reads right now but.

Fabloo and PX are masons.
Serela is pretty much always a universal backup -> tracker. Or reporter. Or whatever strawberries.
BBM is probably a voyeur, I can’t see any sort of scum reasoning for claiming voyeur (the specific voyeur action ahem) in this spot.

Yaersulf has too much extended interaction with NucleusWaffles.
Daiya is too towny today, if not yesterday, with how he’s handling his own clear.

Sb is probably town, eat me.

Banana spritzee has a very outside chance of being mafia here but I really don’t see it.

Raikaria may have fakeposted to push serel- hold up didn’t he like, hardpush Tom first. The fire truck is this.

Tom doesn’t have anything going for him in either direction, and actually has a bunch of incriminating stuff. Tom you didn’t mention Nucleus either way yesterday? It was either me or Serela the whole time.

If Tom doesn’t flip mafia I’m having a word with the manager, but also, if Tom flips mafia, what the fire truck is the endgame here, I’m having a word with the board of directors. I’m tired, I’m out.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1731 on: April 22, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »
mAyBe RaIkArIa Is An UnAwArE aScEtIc

Alright I’m actually done goodnight

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1732 on: April 22, 2020, 04:21:59 PM »
I have returned from work.

Absolutely not. I have said the full capabilities of my role [much] earlier in the thread.

To elaborate on this; I did so all the way back on Page 1:

I confirm I have the fantastical ability to post in thread and vote.

Anyway I'm going back and re-reading some stuff.

Something I find quite interesting is the discord between PX/Fabloo on lynching Waffles yesterday. I'm wondering if they are actually both the same alignment. Like; PX is a Mason but Fabloo might not be. But this is me theorying stuff and simply taking Fabloo's anti-Waffles stance and attacks against me for pushing on someone who flipped red worse than most other people probably would.

I'm also going back and re-reading some stuff. Especially the last few hours of D2; and the events around the initial push on Waffles.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Re: Ys Mafia (Current Phase: Day Two)
« Reply #1733 on: April 22, 2020, 04:36:50 PM »
Votecount
NucleusWaffles (8): Yaersulf, sb, BigBangMeteor, PX, Fabloo, Daiya, NekoNekoRex, NucleusWaffles (Hammer+1!)
banana spritzee (2): Disquieted, Serela
Disquieted (2): banana spritzee, Tom
Serela (1): raikaria
raikaria (0):
Daiya (0):
sb (0):
Yaersulf (0):
Tom (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Fabloo (0):
PX (0):

There are currently 2 male characters and 11 female characters in the game.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Not voting: Nobody!

OK; first major thing: Serela isn't on his counterwagon.

we absolutely have the numbers to turbo lynch banana, right here and now

Let'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Then there's his attempt to make a Banana Turbolynch. This indicates that Serela dosen't want Waffles lynched. And Waffles is scum.

Then we have Serela's tracker claim; except:

1: Why target me with a Tracker anyway?

not the obvscum, but the possibly 'townier' scum who might be doing a nightkill in their place. So, I went after Raikaria,

But predictably for me not turning up dead, I was roleblocked :C

Firstly; after I was one of the people pushing the dude who flipped scum so hard D2; why on earth would I be targeted over someone like Banana; Tom and so on?

Secondly; isn't the roleblock rather convenient? Claim PR; then claim roleblocked.

---

Is it crazy to think that Serela+Waffles is a thing? Because Serela very quickly changes from 'don't lynch me' to 'don't lynch Waffles'. In fact; he never really pushes his own counterwagon.

I dunno maybe I'm going down the wrong path or misunderstand the ED2 Clustertruck.

But I feel like trying this to at least spawn discussion, rather than just jumping on the easy Tom/Banana wagons. [Also I think Tom's actually near hammer atm?]

##Vote: Serela

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1734 on: April 22, 2020, 04:46:53 PM »
I mean, just because they're Masons doesn't mean they have to have the exact same reads on everyone. Part of being a Mason is that the other Mason(s)' alignments are confirmed to you. Since this isn't a bastard game I'm going to assume they are of the same alignment.

Tom should claim imo. We're probably going to end up at this anyways so there's no reason to drag it out to a couple hours before phase end and then end up in a scramble.

Sb remember when we did drunk tracker? Good times. Not sure if that was better or worse than reporter.

I kinda feel like either raikaria or yaersulf is scum. Feel like it would be super basic for nucleus to just suddenly hardpush a whole scumteam with no other scum in there. That being said he was pushing yaersulf for most of the game and it feels somewhat unlikely that raikaria would protest so much to unvoting nucleus even if he was trying to bus there. So idk maybe it's just a bunch of lurkers lol

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1735 on: April 22, 2020, 04:48:56 PM »
I was really busy at EoD2, I wasn't supposed to be as present as I was during the last 30 minutes but it was getting too intense to not force RL out of the way for a bit.

Although of course I got a bit carried away wHOOPS. I would have hammered Waffles but he hammered himself before I even had the chance to swap back.

I think it's a little silly to suggest I didn't 'push my own counterwagon' (other than the end-of-day twilight zone where turboing banana sounded like a good idea for some reason). It's true I was pretty busy at the end of the day, but from the second waffles claimed I was pretty set on "dude what no lynch this".

I was already pretty clear on why I targetted you over the other options. I don't think a reasonable mod would allow a random scumteam roll of three people playing their first game of mafia to go through. Everyone else with mafia experience I have a townread on. I think the less obvious scum would be the one probably doing the nk. I also think Tom/Banana are probably going to be lynched regardless of what happens, so why would I even need to try to get a guilty on them? It's a waste of my night action.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1736 on: April 22, 2020, 04:51:48 PM »
Oh wait, banana isn't playing their first game of mafia (it's easy to forget when they NEVER POST ANYTHING BUT VOTE DROPS) and originally the slot was bard.

I guess that reason doesn't really fit there. But my latter reason of "why am I targetting someone who's probably just lurkscum and getting lynched regardless". It's not like a 'they didn't visit someone' result would clear them as town, I need to try to find helpful guilties.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1737 on: April 22, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »
tl;dr you use power roles to solve the people you can't get a solid read on. Cops shouldn't cop their strong scumreads (unless no one else believes you at all, maybe), no point getting a guilty on someone the town was about to lynch tomorrow anyway, etc

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #1738 on: April 22, 2020, 05:08:08 PM »
I would have targeted smartbomb but raikaria is an ok target.

But reporter sucks it basically just tells you if someone is lying about a vanilla claim lol. It's actually almost completely useless in a role madness game, even a low power one, because there are no vanillas.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1739 on: April 22, 2020, 05:13:27 PM »
Votecount
Tom (5): Fabloo, Yaersulf, sb, PX, Serela (L-1!)
banana spritzee (1): Tom
Serela (1): raikaria
sb (0):
Fabloo (0):
raikaria (0):
Yaersulf (0):
Disquieted (0):
BigBangMeteor (0):
Daiya (0):
PX (0):

There is currently 1 male character and 10 female characters in the game.
With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Not voting: banana spritzee, Disquieted, BigBangMeteor, Daiya
Tom is at L-1!