Author Topic: What kinds of Touhou Fan Works do You Want to Make?  (Read 3196 times)

SeroVich

• ✟ Youkai Hunter Maniac ✟
What kinds of Touhou Fan Works do You Want to Make?
« on: July 21, 2024, 09:42:27 PM »
I would be more than happy if I just make Touhou fanfics, fan arts, and lowkey fan remixes. I want to feel more productive to do something else rather than using my laptop doing nothing.
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
Re: What kinds of Touhou Fan Works do You Want to Make?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 02:44:55 AM »
drawings and danmaku fan scripts. I don't really like either of the two existing danmaku engines so I've been working on my own (in a niche programming language no less). Progress has been slow but ongoing.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 06:58:42 PM »
Fan art or comics is something I'd want to do. I even started, and I was able to draw Reimu once, but then I got swamped by another project. But, soon-ish I'll start on a Marisa piece.

(in a niche programming language no less). Progress has been slow but ongoing.
Thankfully the apex of niche has already been reached!

"I felt I couldn’t depend on the C language, so I often wrote things in assembly." — ZUN

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2024, 12:36:39 AM »
Thankfully the apex of niche has already been reached!

"I felt I couldn’t depend on the C language, so I often wrote things in assembly." — ZUN

I mean, at the time assembly was not a niche language, so that doesn't really count :P Also all the windows games are just C++ now which is definitely not niche.

The project I'm working on is in Common Lisp. I wanted to use a Scheme since overall Scheme has less warts than Common Lisp, but none of the schemes I looked at had satisfactory hot-reloading, so common lisp it was. I'm not totally counting it out though, if I can get reloading and Windows to work for say Chez Scheme I'll probably switch.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2024, 06:22:58 AM »
I mean, at the time assembly was not a niche language, so that doesn't really count :P Also all the windows games are just C++ now which is definitely not niche.
Yup, I stand corrected. (o^ ^o)

The project I'm working on is in Common Lisp. I wanted to use a Scheme since overall Scheme has less warts than Common Lisp, but none of the schemes I looked at had satisfactory hot-reloading, so common lisp it was. I'm not totally counting it out though, if I can get reloading and Windows to work for say Chez Scheme I'll probably switch.
Nice! Hopefully the project keeps on going!

SeroVich

• ✟ Youkai Hunter Maniac ✟
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2024, 09:17:58 AM »
So marumuju, curious what fan-comic projects will be. Is it going to be horror, a funny 4koma comics (like some of your posts on Pixiv), or etc.?
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2024, 07:59:46 PM »
(*゚▽゚)ノ Right at this moment I will be happy to just draw a couple of fanart pics. I don’t need a big project right now.
Although, there’s progress; I have started a Marisa picture! ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2024, 03:15:45 PM »
Making Quests, like now. It's good practice for my writing skills even though I was never passionate about it.
Making Fan-fiction. An extension of my current writing.
Making or Running a multiplayer Quest or TTRPG? I remember VanillaCake asking about Touhou-based TTRPGs and that has been stuck in my head since.
Making an actual Touhou Fan-game. I will consider this my Magnum Opus if I ever accomplish it. But I first need to become a better programmer.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2024, 04:46:06 AM »
I like making Touhou fanart, and want to make more and better ones! Making more comics would be fun.
A dream I have is to make a Touhou fangame where the girls travel to a realm like Gensokyo, but all the characters are from Korean mythology and such. I've designed three characters and a little plot so far, but I'm missing the basic components of programming and music writing knowledge xp. At this point, it's just a dream, but one can hope!

Vance_croowa_08

• ORINGLES
  • Yo! How u doin' ?
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2024, 11:07:05 AM »
i'm torn between wanting to make fan-arts and fan comics or creating fangames. Unfortunately my art skills are very sub-par so it's unlikely that i'll ever do both of these things lol
"all toasters toast toast"