Author Topic: Character Interactions you would like to see  (Read 2650 times)

Character Interactions you would like to see
« on: July 04, 2024, 03:21:57 PM »
There's a lot of characters in Touhou that I think could have either hilarious or very interesting conversations. I really liked what they did in Symposium of Post-mysticism where they had a taoist, a buddhist and a shinto god have a conversation and it was interesting to see how they differed in beliefs with what to do in Gensokyo. Or you could have some silly interactions between characters. Id personally like to see Akyuu and Eiki talk (it is confirmed that they know each other so it wouldn't be farfetched) and I think that a tea party between Remilia, Tenshi, Seiga and Joon would be fun to watch play out.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 03:24:08 PM by degradingwindow »

Suspicious person

• Just a fun loving kind of person
  • ... but what is fun ?
Re: Character Interactions you would like to see
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2024, 03:58:03 PM »
I personally am a bit saddened by the fact that Geidontei being a thing hasn't brought a plethora of character-related bar jokes. Here's one possibility for example :

An ice fairy walks into a bar ...
GIMME YOUR STRONGEST DRINK !!!

Although to be fair it doesn't need to be Geidontei, but I like to imagine how Miyoi's reactions to dumb / weird customers popping up could be
« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 04:00:55 PM by Suspicious person »

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2024, 06:32:32 PM »
Personally I would like to see more interactions between humans and youkai outside of an incident. Most of the mangas focus primarily on youkai to youkai conversations (Lotus Eaters for the most part, all the fairies ones, even a solid chunk of CDS, etc.) with the only exception being WaHH (for the most part, even though is mostly just Reimu and others). FS had something going for it (at least, in the interactions between Kosuzu and Aya) and I would like to see more of that if at all possible.

SeroVich

• ✟ Youkai Hunter Maniac ✟
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2024, 09:05:02 AM »
I would like to see how Rika interacts with Reimu once again after years of not seeing of each other. It might be funny for Rika to show up with a huge mecha in front of Reimu.
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2024, 12:57:51 PM »
I personally am a bit saddened by the fact that Geidontei being a thing hasn't brought a plethora of character-related bar jokes. Here's one possibility for example :

An ice fairy walks into a bar ...
GIMME YOUR STRONGEST DRINK !!!

Although to be fair it doesn't need to be Geidontei, but I like to imagine how Miyoi's reactions to dumb / weird customers popping up could be
It'd be fun for there to be a place where characters meet up that isn't the Hakurei Shrine during festivals. And Geidontei being a bar is much more personal so you can have more 1 on 1 conversations between characters with less distractions. And since basically everybody in Gensokyo drinks regardless of age or species, it wouldn't be farfetched to have some of them visit a bar.

Now that I think about it, an interaction between Mokou and the taoists of Gensokyo (Miko and Seiga) would be interesting since they both seem to come from that time period of Ye Olde Japan.

Suspicious person

• Just a fun loving kind of person
  • ... but what is fun ?
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2024, 05:02:25 PM »
Something else that I also find is a bit of a shame is also the complete lack of previous manga title characters not reappearing in new titles again

Kasen pretty much always hanged around the Hakurei Shrine and is honestly a bit of an onee san for Reimu, but we haven't seen her since the end of WaHH. Really hoping she drops by Geidontei or at leasy make an appearance that is more serious than a cameo in that manfa since, y'know, she's an oni ; and there being oni's fondness of booze + Geidontei 's resident japanese goblin

Another one I'd like to see make a comeback in the Lotus Eaters manga too would be Kosuzu, especially since the setting is primarily the human village. I actually find Kosuzu not appearing anymore to be pretty hilarious since at the end of FS she pretty much gets introduced to the Reimu & friends club, but we don't see her with the gang ever again. Something probably be done about this or the end of her character arc in FS is really gonna look a bit more unserious.