Author Topic: Touhou Fighting Game Concepts  (Read 3256 times)

HartWurst

• Bhavaagra, Heaven
Touhou Fighting Game Concepts
« on: June 11, 2024, 11:07:01 AM »
If a new Touhou fighting game were to be made, what would you like it to play like? What characters would you want? How would they play? This topic is just for the sake of discussing ideas for Touhou fighting games, official or not.

Starting off, I feel like Yuuma would work since she could use her giant spoon as a weapon. I think having her play similarly to Android 21 in DBFZ would make sense. Maybe give her a command grab where she bites into the opponent and gains attributes based off the temperament of the character (for example, using it on Marisa or Joon would cause Yuuma to build more meter due to greed, Cirno or Tenshi would give her a defence boost due to their confidence, etc.) Assuming the fighting game plays like Soku, that could be Yuuma's 623x. Her 236x could be sending out Eagle spirits, with the B version being a regular one while the C version is the stronger ones from 19. They could be used as a way of overpowering danmaku since they could take several hits. You could give Yuuma a 421x where she pulls a rock from the ground as a strong projectile, which she can then send at the opponent by hitting with her spoon. While 214x can be a geyser, which can control the vertical airspace. Maybe give it an air version too where it can act as a divekick, since she does something similar in her 17.5 boss fight.

SeroVich

• ✟ Youkai Hunter Maniac ✟
Re: Touhou Fighting Game Concepts
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 01:50:51 PM »
I have an interesting concept for Nemuno Sakata if she is in a fighting game. She uses her cleaver as her melee weapon, and if she was going to use a heavy shot, she'll use it as her ranged weapon and throws it against an opponent. By doing this, she just uses her bare hands to attack, unless she gets her cleaver back.
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2024, 07:31:31 AM »
 We probably won't get another fighter until after the next main title drops but I really hope we get a return to grounded combat when it does comes out since it would be a vast improvement over the current system.

HartWurst

• Bhavaagra, Heaven
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 11:06:22 PM »
She uses her cleaver as her melee weapon, and if she was going to use a heavy shot, she'll use it as her ranged weapon and throws it against an opponent. By doing this, she just uses her bare hands to attack, unless she gets her cleaver back.
Oh yeah Tenshi has that as an ability card in Hisoutensoku. I think a character centered around that could be super cool, like you could use the cleaver spinning behind the opponent to lock them in place while you try to open up their guard

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2024, 12:07:10 PM »
I want Yuuka to be in a fighting game. But instead of using bullets to fight like everyone else, she brutally smacks people with only an umbrella.

HartWurst

• Bhavaagra, Heaven
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2024, 09:54:07 AM »
I want Yuuka to be in a fighting game. But instead of using bullets to fight like everyone else, she brutally smacks people with only an umbrella.
We really need to see Yuuka again, since she hasn't appeared since PoFV back in 2009. Plus an umbrella would make for a pretty cool weapon, as Yukari doesn't really use her's for much besides her up-skill in AoCF. For instance Yuuka could use the umbrella to block danmaku, or as a shield for a shield bash. I think making Yuuka a slow powerhouse would make sense given how she plays in PoFV. Maybe even give her a mechanic where she can plant flowers to boost her mobility, kinda like Sylvanos from Rivals of Aether. Yuuka has too much potential to not be in a new Touhou fighting game