Author Topic: What are your opinions on School Education System?  (Read 1085 times)

SeroVich

• ✟ Youkai Hunter Maniac ✟
What are your opinions on School Education System?
« on: May 16, 2024, 08:45:07 AM »
What I'll say isn't that new and have been echoed every year; but I believe that it can be boring and not really fun, since I am a lazy guy and can get bored if it didn't interest me. But based of what I heard, it is even outright atrocious; down to the point where it can kill the creativity that is in us. So, I would to hear it from you guys.
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

Re: What are your opinions on School Education System?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 12:40:51 PM »
No idea about how it was in other countries in the past, but post-soviet countries had soviet-style school for quite some time, and I can say that was one genuinely superior aspect from back then. Propaganda lessons aside (which were axed once Union toppled anyway), its style was aiming quite hard to get students to care about the subjects. It did come with two problems. One, it demanded passion and creativity for ALL subjects, your preferences be damned. Two, it was very subjective and depended on teachers and their own passion and biases. I was lucky to have pretty decent ones, but I've heard horror stories about them getting too high on self-importance. Still, it felt like a much more effective system for those who cared to study, compared to modern test-based one that feels extremely dry and prone to apathy on both sides in comparisson.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 02:17:29 AM »
It's not amazing, but it's better than nothing.

Also, in my experience education tends to be a "takes a village to raise a child deal." Most of the highest performers I knew had parents who were very involved with the system. A lot of the people I see complaining about schools aren't those, and at that point, you have one adult(likely overworked and underpaid) for 30+ kids, and at that point, what else can you expect?

SeroVich

• ✟ Youkai Hunter Maniac ✟
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 11:38:41 AM »
No idea about how it was in other countries in the past, but post-soviet countries had soviet-style school for quite some time, and I can say that was one genuinely superior aspect from back then. Propaganda lessons aside (which were axed once Union toppled anyway), its style was aiming quite hard to get students to care about the subjects. It did come with two problems. One, it demanded passion and creativity for ALL subjects, your preferences be damned. Two, it was very subjective and depended on teachers and their own passion and biases. I was lucky to have pretty decent ones, but I've heard horror stories about them getting too high on self-importance. Still, it felt like a much more effective system for those who cared to study, compared to modern test-based one that feels extremely dry and prone to apathy on both sides in comparisson.

So, do you think that they are good? And do you want it to return?
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 04:27:30 PM »
Some things could be picked up from that system, at least. Colleges and universities still work that way, as far as I know. While I guess tests do make sense for some subjects (like math, physics etc.), there probably needs to be a different approach to stuff like literature, history and the like.

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 08:45:55 PM »
A good term,or even a shining beacon, of comparison and scale among and about today(generations) Education Systems would be able to help,according to their talents,directions,activities, provide,appreciate,build bridges with,awareness,c0-commentaries,localisation(beyond the Middle-Ages EcclesialLatin-to-more modern Englishes Ones by O.Father.Minor. Father Noel Muscat of Malta...although there might be an ITAlian one as well but not longer openly share...) "Magnum Opera"(Extraordinary Works) such as this and referenced ones https://franciscanstudies.com/2018/10/03/chronicle-of-the-24-generals-of-the-order-of-friars-minor-in-a-new-english-translation/ .
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 08:48:05 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "