Author Topic: What will you do in Gensokyo?  (Read 1574 times)

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
What will you do in Gensokyo?
« on: February 05, 2024, 05:40:40 AM »
If you, out of nowhere, get transported to Gensokyo, and you have no tool to defend yourself. What will you do?
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

Re: What will you do in Gensokyo?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 10:34:11 AM »
Get Eaten by Rumia
Get Pranked by Fairies
Be Victim to Yukari Fooling Around Again.

Alright, apart from the obvious circumstances.
I would run as fast as possible to the nearest Hill or Mountain. Good Luck and it's either The Hakurei Shrine or the Youkai Mountain which has an escalator to the Moriya Shrine. Bad Luck and it's the Nameless Hill and I can only pray that my death will be short.
If I survive and gain any sort of stability, I would probably start studying Theology or the ecology of the Youkai in Gensokyo.
Studying the Divinty and their nature falls perfectly in line with most other residents and wouldn't raise any brows. Studying the Youkai might get me accused of being part of Secret History Society or something. However, it's gamble that's much safer than the initial one of survival

Vance_croowa_08

• The entity living in your walls
  • Yo! How u doin' ?
    • vance_croowa08
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 01:13:41 PM »
Depends on where i spawn. I will either get eaten by a youkai or safely taken home by Reimu or others. Gensokyo is vast, really vast and almost every place is lethal to humans. If i do spawn in, let's say the human village i will probably ask for help but it would be useless cause nobody in Gensokyo speaks or understands Italian (or any other language that isn't japanese for that matter). There's no true way of surviving it :(
"Your signature cannot span more than 5 lines"

Literally 1984

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 02:30:53 PM »
If dropped off in the middle of nowhere, shout for Yukari, saying I'm probably sick and can cause an epidemic if eaten by youkai.

If/once in safety of the village, would apprentice to a local healer or herbalist, so that I could deal with my frequent sicknesses at least. In case of language barrier being a thing, I think I'd actually pick up Japanese quickly, since last time I binged anime I did start understanding spoken language somewhat.

If Sumireko is any indication, picking up magic isn't THAT hard in Gensokyo. I do have quite high energy levels, if I do say so myself, so I might end up being able to use it quite quickly. Not just for self-defense, but for healing as well, lay-on-hands style. Another way I could be helpful to people there. That would also mean I could brave traveling outside the village to get in touch with and help the incident resolvers. Might try to get friendly with some youkai girls, for extra safety and fun. Definitely would drop by Kourin's, to school him on use of items and maybe swindle him out of a few. Maybe might even do business with the bigger places, like Scarlet Devil Mansion or House of Eternity.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 08:13:48 PM »
As much as I appreciate the setting, there's simply nothing for me to do in Gensokyo, so I'd just go taunt Yuuka.

Vance_croowa_08

• The entity living in your walls
  • Yo! How u doin' ?
    • vance_croowa08
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 08:17:49 PM »
As much as I appreciate the setting, there's simply nothing for me to do in Gensokyo, so I'd just go taunt Yuuka.

Messing with Yuuka doesn't sound like a good idea to be honest lol
"Your signature cannot span more than 5 lines"

Literally 1984

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 05:11:40 PM »
If I were to get isekai'd to Gensokyo, my first step would naturally be to find shelter. The best best to go would he the human village, it's located in the middle of Gensokyo, most roads lead there and it's sandwiched in between a lot of notable landmarks like Misty Lake, Youkai Mountain and Hakurei Shrine. All while also avoiding Reimu and Yukari since they would just send me back.

The next problem would be the language barrier. Sanae probably has a basic grasp on English because of her high school days so I'd probably go to Moriya Shrine and ask her to teach me Japanese. If not my other choice would be to go to Meiling and have her teach me in Chinese but being close to the domain of the infamous Scarlet Devil would be dangerous for a human like me.

Copying CyberAngel's idea. Once I'm done I would go to Kourin and start a partnership with him. I teach him how to use all the items he gets and in return he will provide me protection and maybe some earnings from his shop (if he even gets any). I'd also try to drill into his head how to actually run a shop and earn a profit.

Then I would start trying to learn magic so that I can stand a chance against youkai and if I ever get good enough I would transform myself into a magician youkai.Maybe I'll build a nice house in the human village to settle down in, disguising myself as a human.

From there on I can basically just go and fool around.  I'd definitely go visit Mokou and Aya. Pretend to get scared by Kogasa, see a Prismriver concert .etc. And if I ever get a chance, I would go to the SDM and finally meet Remilia Scarlet herself.

I would personally try to find a way into the Lunar Capital and spit on the floor. If I'm going out, I'm taking them down with me.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024, 07:33:35 PM »
Then I would start trying to learn magic so that I can stand a chance against youkai and if I ever get good enough I would transform myself into a magician youkai.Maybe I'll build a nice house in the human village to settle down in, disguising myself as a human.

Good luck mastering "Abandon Food", should be possible nowadays.

I would probably just integrate into the Myouren Temple. Although most of the folk there are Youkai, no-one is going to be suspicious of a novice Theologist in a Buddhist Temple, though the questions of "How do you know so much about Iesua?" Is going to be difficult to answer.
Also, the Secret History Society (Damn them! Ruining the repuation of all curious Humans!). And the skin colour (Okay, I know Black Japanese people exist, but they're a rarity). And the potential incident (Hey, if it's a religious conflict I can be a Stage 1 boss).

On second thought, Gensokyo is a silly place. Let's not go there.
Alternatively I might also work for Suzunaan, Lord knows that someone needs to watch over Kosuzu sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:48:01 PM by WitheringFlowerCrown »