Author Topic: In Defiance Of Transience (Tenshi Quest)  (Read 13446 times)

Re: In Defiance Of Transience (Tenshi Quest)
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2024, 10:34:58 PM »
> "Are you sure about this? We'll be constantly prowled by Shinigami and we'll have to move a lot. Also don't you all have your own responsibilities to fulfill?
> Do not forget to thank them sincerely for their friendship such as theirs to follow you through  future hardships.

> Of course if either or both cannot follow together without abandoning their own responsibilities,or mostly so,point out the facts in a tone and way both truthful to the aforementionted ones and respecftul to their earnest motivation and friendship.

>You thank your friends for their willingness to plunge themselves into danger for your sake, but try to explain to them your worries of their safety and their possible responsibilities. Shinmyoumaru puts her chin up confidently in reply.
>"Don't worry, if we work together then the Shinigami will be remarkably less of a threat. I honestly thought it would be more scary to face them, but they couldn't even stand up to Inchlings!"
>"And besides, look at how big I am now-"

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] Weather: Sprinkle
Effect: All inherent abilities that come from the user's Spirit are enhanced to their maximum potential.

>The Weather is now Clear

>"Waugh!" Shinmyoumaru falls as she returns to her original size, as well as all the other Inchlings that are no longer Meterlings. She and the others manage to catch themselves on the ground though. Shion's Aura dissipates as well.
>"Ugh, well, even without a size advantage I can still contribute. I'm used to "Punching up", both figuratively and literally." Something tells you that the literal is more fitting here.
>"And about my responsibilites... I had a discussion with the others living here. Partitioning the food, dealing with visitors, dealing with 'rude guests', they should be self-sufficient for a long period of time."

>"As for me..." Shion starts "I don't really have any major responsibilites, I'm pretty sure my little sister can take care of herself." Shion chuckles awkwardly.
>"Besides, I'm pretty sure I'm more dangerous to myself and everyone around me than the Shinigami are directly towards me. Also, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I had the opportunity to help you retain your lifespan, didn't take it, then later found out that you succumbed to the Shinigami."
>"Ooh, speaking of the Shinigami: These Peaches will help us detect any Shinigami nearby in case they come after us individually." Shion points to the Peach-Rose and Peach-Lotus on her's and Shinmyoumaru's head respectively.

> Perhaps a better strategy would be to set the stage so they 'overhear' this bit of dialogue.  Is there somewhere out of sight of the Shinigami but close enough that they can overheard us pretending to discuss this with Shion and Shinmyoumaru?  After all, covertly obtained information from the enemy is more trustworthy than their own words.
>...but the fact the 3 Shinigami would so conveniently overhear our discussion while it is supposed to be secret to them ,and to such a precise location such as the Lunar Capital,would defeat the fundamental purpose...

>...and,most importantly, both Person-wise Celestial-Wise, making bases & plans about & around lies & deceits is going to backfire sooner or later causing more troubles and harm rather than solutions and mend.

>Yes, they are in a room nearby. You could "conveniently" scooch closer to the door so that they could hear clearly.
>There is the worry of whether this will damage your chances for something better later but, surprisingly for your long age, you were never good at long-term decision making.
>There's also the question of if it's suitable Celestial behaviour, but you've never been a bastion of proper Celestial behaviour to begin with.
>_?

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2024, 04:03:07 AM »
> Sigh
> "I guess it can't be helped, you better pack up a lot because this will surely be a long journey."
> "Also I'm assuming both of you will stay with me in the Child of Maire's house.... maybe she wouldn't mind a few extra guests."

> "But before we head out, we have to deal with our little Shinigami problem"
> Silently approach the door to the room the Shinigami are in and try to listen in for any suspicious sounds.

Tom

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2024, 04:25:27 AM »
> Assuming there's no alarming sounds, reseal the Shinigami using the Sword of Hisou before beckoning Shinmyoumaru and Shion over to someplace that's certainly out of earshot of the Shinigami.
> Whisper "I'm been pondering what to do with these three and have decided the best strategy would be sending 'em off on a wild goose chase."
> Brief Shinmyoumaru and Shion on our plans of planting the idea of escaping Gensokyo by allowing them to overhear a conversation between the three of us thinking about going in hiding.  Celestials do not lie after all, though as a Flawless Strategist we have something better than lies.

> Return to outside the door where the Shinigami are being kept let our previously choreographed conversation play out:
> Tenshi: "Judging by the fact their bosses really wants to get their hands on the Sword of Hisou for some reason, these won't be the last Shinigami we'll be seeing..."
> Shion: "What about hiding somewhere they'll have a hard time finding?"
> Shinmyoumaruru "Or escaped to someplace beyond their reach or jurisdiction?"
> Tenshi: "Heaven would be too obvious, not to mention the trouble it would bring to everyone else living their boring, but peaceful lives there."
> Tenshi (After a short pause): "Say, I wonder when the next full moon is?"
> Take a couple steps away and after a few moments Shinmyoumaru and Shion in unison: "Perfect, they'll never find you there!"

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2024, 09:12:13 PM »
> Sigh
> "I guess it can't be helped, you better pack up a lot because this will surely be a long journey."
> "Also I'm assuming both of you will stay with me in the Child of Maire's house.... maybe she wouldn't mind a few extra guests."

>You sigh, mostly out of exasperation. They really are going to follow you to the ends of the earth then hell and back, aren't they?
>"Oh yeah, lots of stuff. Unlike Shion here, I packed camping equipment along with clean water. And if that runs out, I have a handy cleansing tool right here." Shinmyoumaru says as she raps the Miracle Mallet with her knuckles. Is that really a responsible use of an artifact?
>"Hey! I packed a lot of food because I almost always get hungry." Shion's voice becomes despondent. "It's like no matter how much I eat I always have a hole in me that can't be filled."

>"Oh, and about where we'll sleep: I don't think Shion will be welcome in the Village, let alone the Child of Miare's house, considering her... powers and reputation. That's part of why I got the camping stuff, I'm not going to have her be alone outside. We'll be sleeping together! Like a hiking trip!"
>"Thanks for the solidarity, but are you sure? I wouldn't want to be the reason you sleep in an uncomfortable situation."
>"Shion, no situation is uncomfortable if it's with you."
>Shion goes silent at that.

> "But before we head out, we have to deal with our little Shinigami problem"
> Silently approach the door to the room the Shinigami are in and try to listen in for any suspicious sounds.

>You go to the door and you hear some slight chattering, what are they even...

> Assuming there's no alarming sounds, reseal the Shinigami using the Sword of Hisou before beckoning Shinmyoumaru and Shion over to someplace that's certainly out of earshot of the Shinigami.
> Whisper "I'm been pondering what to do with these three and have decided the best strategy would be sending 'em off on a wild goose chase."
> Brief Shinmyoumaru and Shion on our plans of planting the idea of escaping Gensokyo by allowing them to overhear a conversation between the three of us thinking about going in hiding.  Celestials do not lie after all, though as a Flawless Strategist we have something better than lies.

>You walk in and just see Lavana explaining the Spell Card Rules and Gensokyo's balance to the other Shinigami.
>Lightly tapping them with your Sword of Hisou is easy, they barely budge. Lavana even continues expositing while being pricked.
>When you leave you herd Shion and Shinmyoumaru to a secluded place and explain your plan.
>"I'm in." Wow, no hesitation from Shinmyoumaru.
>"Wait, you're going to the Moon?! Why did you not tell us?!" You calm Shion and clarify the plan with her. Though that outburst will probably make the next part more plausible.

> Return to outside the door where the Shinigami are being kept let our previously choreographed conversation play out:
> Tenshi: "Judging by the fact their bosses really wants to get their hands on the Sword of Hisou for some reason, these won't be the last Shinigami we'll be seeing..."
> Shion: "What about hiding somewhere they'll have a hard time finding?"
> Shinmyoumaruru "Or escaped to someplace beyond their reach or jurisdiction?"
> Tenshi: "Heaven would be too obvious, not to mention the trouble it would bring to everyone else living their boring, but peaceful lives there."
> Tenshi (After a short pause): "Say, I wonder when the next full moon is?"
> Take a couple steps away and after a few moments Shinmyoumaru and Shion in unison: "Perfect, they'll never find you there!"

>You enact your plan with Shion and Shinmyoumaru. Almost all of you were perfect actors, "Almost", because Shion was stuttering for some of her lines. But that just makes it more convincing in your opinion.
>The reactions of the Shinigami in the next room were gold.

>"She's not wrong, we're probably not going to be the last ones sent after them. Who knows, maybe one of the Kishin Chiefs will come in person.

>"Heaven would be way too obvious, she's right. Also, how strangely caring of her to worry about other Celestials, are we sure the personality profile for her was accurate?"

>"Wait, did she just say the damn Moon?! No way, nuh uh, I'm going to have to see her at the next full moon to believe that!"

>You and Shinmyoumaru need to walk away from the door before you snicker or laugh. This plan gave you the feeling of playing a prank on someone with your friends.
>_?

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2024, 06:32:19 AM »
> Step away from the room for a few minutes so that we may laugh and snicker.
> Walk back in to the room and address the Shinigami.

> "Good news for you guys, your information has proven to be useful for my plans for the future. If you obey and answer my questions I will consider letting you go."

> "Who exactly are these "Kishin Chiefs" you were trying to contact earlier when you sent the spirit during our battle? Just how strong are they?"

> "Do you know a certain Shinigami called Komachi?"

> Look at Lavana: "Was this your first time trying to capture a Celestial? Why the career change?"

> "How much do you know about the sword of Hisou?"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 06:34:44 AM by degradingwindow »

Tom

« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2024, 03:36:35 AM »
> Complement Shion and Shinmyoumaru on their acting performance!

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2024, 08:50:33 PM »

> "Good news for you guys, your information has proven to be useful for my plans for the future. If you obey and answer my questions I will consider letting you go."

> "Who exactly are these "Kishin Chiefs" you were trying to contact earlier when you sent the spirit during our battle? Just how strong are they?"

> Look at Lavana: "Was this your first time trying to capture a Celestial? Why the career change?"

> Study note and compare not just each one of their answers, but also  each one  body language, expressions, reactions, any other useful telling, gauging, hinting, alike sign,   from up to when they comprehend each question down to when they have done answering it.

> Also take note of differences and similarities between thel
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2024, 04:02:17 PM »
> Complement Shion and Shinmyoumaru on their acting performance!

>You would away from the door before you and Shinmyoumaru split your sides.
>"They actually fell for it!"
>Shion is looking at the two of you, wondering what's so funny, while you congratulate the two of them on a performance well done.
>After you calm down you walk back into the room of Shinigami.
>"Back so soon, Tenshi?"

> Study note and compare not just each one of their answers, but also  each one  body language, expressions, reactions, any other useful telling, gauging, hinting, alike sign,   from up to when they comprehend each question down to when they have done answering it.

> Also take note of differences and similarities between thel
>"Oh, we're playing 20 questions now?"

>Ichiko, the Shinigami who sent the spirit in the battle, answers the first question. "Kishin Chiefs are Oni who reside in Hell, New Hell that is. They are extremely powerful even by Oni standards and command lesser Oni in tormenting those who fall into Hell. They also work with the Yama to assassinate any beings who extend their lifespan too far, usually Hermits or Celestials, because they disturb the concept of Saṃsāra."
>"To give you a picture of how powerful they are, Celestial: The Kishin Chief I was trying to call, Suiki, once gathered all of the water in this Land of Fantasy, super-pressurized it, created a columnar jet of water powerful enough to disintegrate rocks on contact, and maintained it for multiple days." Ichiko leans forward, probably to add emphasis. "She did all of that, to kill one Taoist Hermit. She wasn't successful in the end though, damn Hermits and their tricks."

>Ichiko raises her eyebrow in confusion when thinking of the second question. "Is Komachi not the Ferryman in charge of the River Sanzu here?"

>Amaryllis nods. "Yes, she is. I got no idea about her other than that though. I barely come here."
>Lavana, unlike the others, perks her head up. "Oh yeah, Komachi! I know her from my younger days. I wonder how she's doing nowadays?"

>"You're interested in my life story, huh? Well alright, this was my first time trying to capture a Celestial and your guess is right, I was a Ferryman to be specific. As for why I became what I am now... It was because my job was boring."
>"Just day-in-day-out wandering to-and-fro the River Sanzu delivering Souls for processing was really boring. I tried to cheer myself up by going to the Road of Liminality more often but the festivals that supposedly could even bring dead people back to life couldn't lift my spirits. I was still a hard worker but I took no joy in anything I did, I just wanted to leave that river as soon as possible, which is funny because The Ministry consider Ferrying a cushy job. Eventually someone higher up probably took pity on me and I was moved to Reaper work. Much more enjoyable, I get to go outside now, fight more often, and try different food. This change was recent, about a century ago."
>Huh, for some reason you can sympathise with this story.

>"As for our information on the Sword of Hisou..."
>"It's a Celestial Artifact, meaning only Celestials can use it, and they often choose their wielder, which means it sees you as a worthy wielder for some reason. There are other Celestial Artifacts but yours was given top priority because it can destroy spirits, which means they don't get sent to Heaven or Hell and they don't even get reincarnated. This can greatly disrupt the Cycle of Saṃsāra if used improperly." Ichiko's face becomes more glum. "The Weather Manipulation capabilities of the Artifact was something I only found out today, for some reason our higher ups never bothered to tell us about the Spirit-Altering Weather effects."

>_?

« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2024, 04:24:57 PM »
> "You poor Shinigami, your higher ups didn't even bother to tell you the proper information before sending you out to get me. If I weren't so merciful, you three would be 6 feet under."
> "I am satisfied with your answers, do you have any inquiries to ask before I let you go?"

> It seems that the real threats against us are going to be the Kishin chiefs. Do we know anything about oni exterminators?

Tom

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2024, 09:27:32 PM »
> Wonder what trick the Taoist Hermit could've used to block a water jet so powerful it could split rocks...

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2024, 06:41:57 PM »
> "You poor Shinigami, your higher ups didn't even bother to tell you the proper information before sending you out to get me. If I weren't so merciful, you three would be 6 feet under."
> "I am satisfied with your answers, do you have any inquiries to ask before I let you go?"

>"Good, I hope to never see you again and the feeling is likely mutual."
>"Amaryllis, that's rude! Really, she could've done worse than this."

>"Questions..."
>"How are your parents doing? Safe?"
>"How come your friends are so willing to fight for your life? I would like to have the same kind of friendship but something tells me that's not very healthy."
>"Could you take a look at my Spirit Weather? I'm just curious, seems like a fun parlour trick!"

> It seems that the real threats against us are going to be the Kishin chiefs. Do we know anything about oni exterminators?

>Not really...
>Reimu's specialty is exterminating Youkai, but you know that she only cares when it affects Humans or Gensokyo as a whole. Never mind the fact that she dislikes you, she's going to consider this outside her jurisdiction.
>You struggle to think of another until you realise something. Shinmyoumaru is a descendant of Issun-Boushi, maybe she has some Oni-slaying prowess? Just maybe?

> Wonder what trick the Taoist Hermit could've used to block a water jet so powerful it could split rocks...

>There's no way that Hermit blocked or just took the brunt of the attack, the target was a Hermit and not a Celestial, and so didn't have access to the diet that would give a hardy body. So that means the Hermit dodged and escaped the assassination attempt... but how? Maybe the Taoist made a secret exit or something?
>_?

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2024, 03:17:24 AM »
> "They're doing fine I guess, I don't really talk to them a lot though."

> "I guess we have something that is deeper than a normal friendship and we've been through a lot of incidents as well.
> "And why would you call that kind of relationship unhealthy? Isn't it normal to desire to protect the ones you love? You Shinigami probably have no value of life, after all you see more dead people in a day then someone eats rice bowls in their entire life."

> "Fine, but don't ever compare my previous Sword of Hisou's ability to parlour trick."
> Take a look at her spirit weather and inform it to her.

Tom

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2024, 02:16:34 AM »
> Ponder where and how we're going to let them go.  We don't want them following us or otherwise snooping around...

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2024, 06:00:47 PM »
> "They're doing fine I guess, I don't really talk to them a lot though."

> "I guess we have something that is deeper than a normal friendship and we've been through a lot of incidents as well.
> "And why would you call that kind of relationship unhealthy? Isn't it normal to desire to protect the ones you love? You Shinigami probably have no value of life, after all you see more dead people in a day then someone eats rice bowls in their entire life."

>Shion speaks as well. "I'm willing to fight for Tenshi because I believe she would be willing to do the same for me."
Lavana looks down and away from you in commiseration. "Protect the ones you love...?"
>"Thanks for the insight, Tenshi, Shion."

> "Fine, but don't ever compare my previous Sword of Hisou's ability to parlour trick."
> Take a look at her spirit weather and inform it to her.

>"Alright, alright. Didn't know you take this seriously."
>You point your Sword of Hisou towards her and the colour of the blade changes, from the typical Scarlet to a bright white, it glows dimly. It's the colour of a Pale Sun, usually only seen in midday. Though it's bright enough to be visible through clouds, it also does not offer any warmth to those in need.
白い太陽
>Weather: Pale Sun
>Effect: Distance between people shrink, Defence becomes weaker.

>Lavana seems mesmerized by the blade. "Seems... Fitting, somehow. What a gentle glow."

> Ponder where and how we're going to let them go.  We don't want them following us or otherwise snooping around...

>Hmm, a tough decision. Leaving them anywhere random is bound to end badly, but you don't really know of any proper jails that can keep in entities like Shinigami. You're not sure at all where you could trap them...
>At best you could let them go at The Road of Liminality. It's far enough from The River Sanzu and Hell that you won't get caught immediately but close enough that they would be more willing to go back to their higher-ups rather than chasing you.
>_?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 06:07:26 PM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

Tom

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2024, 09:28:39 AM »
> Let them know we'll be escorting them to the Road of Liminality then, where we will part ways.
> Will we be able to get a head start running away by sealing them right before we make a run for it?  Like does being sealed inhibit their ability to chase us down?

« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2024, 11:27:51 PM »
> Let them know we'll be escorting them to the Road of Liminality then, where we will part ways.
> Will we be able to get a head start running away by sealing them right before we make a run for it?  Like does being sealed inhibit their ability to chase us down?

>"So close to our home? How generous of you."
>"The Celestial is mostly like doing this out of convenience, not generosity."
>"Come on, let a Shinigami dream."

>You would get a head-start if you Sealed them. Their Distance Manipulation would be sealed and their flying greatly hampered. They would basically have to chase you on foot if they wanted to at all.
>_?

« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2024, 03:43:05 AM »
> Look at Shion and Shinmyoumaru, "You guys ready? we have to get going now but first let's make sure to give our dear guests a proper farewell."

> Take a look at our inventory and make sure there's nothing missing.
> Head off to the Road of Liminality with the Shinigami tied up on top of a keystone.

Tom

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2024, 08:24:30 PM »
> Eavesdrop on any conversations they may be having on the way.

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2024, 10:01:11 PM »
> Look at Shion and Shinmyoumaru, "You guys ready? we have to get going now but first let's make sure to give our dear guests a proper farewell."

> Take a look at our inventory and make sure there's nothing missing.
> Head off to the Road of Liminality with the Shinigami tied up on top of a keystone.
> Eavesdrop on any conversations they may be having on the way.

"The Heavenly Trio's Inventory":
>Sword of Hisou: A Celestial artifact that chooses its wielder, in this case, you. It can Identify one's Spirit and manipulate weather phenomena utilising Spirit and Scarlet Energy. It can also morph into different shapes and is bonded to you so it's always on hand and convieniently takes practically no storage space. It can also Manipulate and seal a person's Spirit.

>Keystones: You have a near infinite supply of these. Only the Nai Clan (that you belong to) can manipulate Keystones, they're essentially large slabs of black granite wrapped in shimenawa rope. You use these in a variety of ways, as a platform for flying, as a shield, as bullets, as options, the sky is the limit as they say. You surprisingly haven't had to use their main purpose, supression of earthquakes over a long period of time, all that much.

>Heavenly Peaches: You're sick of these but you still keep them on you. These peaches are the only food in Heaven and over a long period of time of eating only them they give you superhuman endurance and strength. Eating one immediately gives you a huge surge of endurance and strength as well as healing most wounds. Ignoring that your hat continues to grow these things everytime they're plucked, you could quite easily go to your portion of Heaven and grab more, not that you would unless you were desperate. They immediately rot and wither the moment Shinigami get close, making them a convenient sensor for Shinigami.

>Peach Rose: A Decorative Rose worn by Shion on her hair. It rots near Shinigami like any other Heavenly Peach. It was mainly made as a way of checking if Shinigami were hunting her, but she insists that it's also a sign of the bond between you and her.

>Peach Lotus: A Decorative Lotus worn by Shinmyoumaru on her hair. It rots near Shinigami like any other Heavenly Peach. It was mainly made as a way of checking if Shinigami were hunting her, but she insists that it's also a sign of the bond between you and her.

>"Black Needle Blade": A sword made out of your keystones that Shinmyoumaru made. She carries it in conjunction with her "Shining Needle Sword" and Miracle Mallet. It's a keystone, which means it has all the qualities of one. Including being a container of energy.

>"Emergency Food": All of the food packed by Shion. She promises that she'll only go through it as a last resort. Despite your instincts, you trust her on that.

>Camping Equipment: Equipment for outdoors exploration packed by Shinmyoumaru. She shrunk it and it seemed to stick, so it's very easy to carry.
>"Yep, we're ready! Oop, wait."
>Shinmyoumaru flies up to your head, lifts up your hat, and climbs under it. "This is just a safety precaution, and so we can stay close so you don't lose track of me in this size." You can somehow hear Shinmyoumaru perfectly through your hat.

>You get a keystone for each Shinigami and tie them in the Shimenawa rope. You then put them together on their own prisoner transport keystone. Then you leave for the Road to Liminality, it shouldn't be long since it's near the Youkai Mountain.

>The Shinigami talk a bit in hushed voices, they try to be discreet but they're bad at it. Even if they were good, Shion is nearby and they don't notice her for some reason.

"So, what're your plans when you get back to Higan and the Ministry?"
>"I'm going to ask for why we weren't given more details, then request back-up. I'm also going to ask Komachi a couple of questions since Tenshi had to have mentioned her for a reason. I didn't even think she would remember a Shinigami's name, let alone a Ferryman."
>"Requesting back-up for a situation like this is going to take a while. This Celestial's hunt is already out of order, trying to get the Ministry to invest resources into this will be tough."
>"I know that, but I have to try at least, it's standard operating procedure. I say that, but to be honest, I kind of don't want to ask for back-up."
>"What? Why?"
>"The chase, the fight, it gets me excited. If I just go back then I'll be sitting around waiting for another case where the Kishin Chiefs are going to do all the hard work again. I want to fight, I like to have a challenge."
>"...Are you a masochist, or something?"
>"What?! No!"

>From then on the hushed tones become less interesting.

>You're right over Youkai Mountain. This is quite ironically the closest one can get to physically entering Heaven and simultaneously the way to the Road of Liminality, and subsequently River Sanzu and Higan.
>_?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 02:02:26 PM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

Tom

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2024, 12:44:57 AM »
> It may still be daytime but occasionaly one can see the moon in broad daylight.  If so, gaze at it absentmindedly for a few moments on the way (in view on the Shinigami of course).  Just long enough for them to subconsciously notice it but not long enough for them to comment on it.

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2024, 01:43:10 PM »
>  Advance ahead toward the Road of Liminality and try our best to avoid any nosy tengu while we're near the mountain.
> Keep listening to their conversations just to make sure they're not doing anything suspicious

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2024, 03:22:32 PM »
> It may still be daytime but occasionaly one can see the moon in broad daylight.  If so, gaze at it absentmindedly for a few moments on the way (in view on the Shinigami of course).  Just long enough for them to subconsciously notice it but not long enough for them to comment on it.

>You look up at the sky and surprisingly can actually see The Moon in full daylight. You look at it for a while and ponder what lies up there. The Lunar Capital, home of the Lunarians. They consider Life impure. Therefore Death, the abscence of life, is also impure. They also dislike Immortality for the same reason. Gazing upon a Pure Place puts a sick feeling in your stomach for some reason. Maybe because it reminds you of Bhavaagra.
>You realise that you stopped for a while and the Shinigami are staring at you.
>"We moving?"

>  Advance ahead toward the Road of Liminality and try our best to avoid any nosy tengu while we're near the mountain.
> Keep listening to their conversations just to make sure they're not doing anything suspicious

>You head forward once again. Some Wolf Tengu see you as it is nearly impossible to escape their sight. Thankfully you are a Celestial, and they never bother you. Surprisingly there are no Bird Tengu; they're the nosiest of the bunch.

>The Shinigami say nothing important for the remainder of the trip. A large amount of talk about bureacracy. How could they work in such a structured job? The processing of souls is more mundane and mind-numbingly dull than you thought.

>You see multiple stalls selling food and trinkets next to a river behind the Youkai Mountain. This must be the Road of Liminality. It's ironically very lively, with festivities and attractions all over. Candy, chances to catch goldfish, and souvenirs for sale. You are actually a bit curious about how Soul Candy tastes; new gastronomy from Earth has always intrigued you.
>_?

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2024, 06:20:51 PM »
> Check the price on the Soul Candy and see if we can afford to buy at least 3.

> Try to find a secluded place to leave the Shinigami in.
> Is the Shimenawa rope unbreakable? Would it be better for us to just leave them there trying to untie themselves?

Tom

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2024, 07:24:16 PM »
> Remember to re-seal them with the Sword of Hisou to give ourselves a head start!

« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2024, 06:50:21 PM »

> Is the Shimenawa rope unbreakable? Would it be better for us to just leave them there trying to untie themselves?

>You quint your eyes to look at the stall signs and see that the prices are actually pretty cheap. You can definitely afford three of them.
>You see a neatly stacked set of rocks nearby and consider that a good place to leave them.
>>Lavana stifles a laugh.
>Shimenawa was orginally made to restrain supernatural entities. Whether to keep them out of a location or keep them in. It's not unbreakable but by their very nature the Shinigami will have a hard time breaking out.

>You lightly prick them before absonding.
>_?

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2024, 12:09:37 AM »
> "I guess this is where we bid farewell Shinigami. Your information has proved to be useful for me. Don't even try to chase after me, your efforts will be futile.

> "Farewell, I doubt that we'll ever see each other ever again."
> Take a short glance towards the moon.

Tom

« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2024, 01:07:24 AM »
> As we step away pause and glance back at Lavana for a moment "Despite our differences I wish you success in your new career. Perhaps in a different time and place we would've been friends, we're more alike than we each care to admit..."

« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2024, 08:53:57 PM »
> "I guess this is where we bid farewell Shinigami. Your information has proved to be useful for me. Don't even try to chase after me, your efforts will be futile.

> "Farewell, I doubt that we'll ever see each other ever again."
> Take a short glance towards the moon.

>"Great, I hope we never meet again."
>"Amaryllis, you do know that if we don't neutralise her then this job is a failure right?"
>"Anyway, good luck up there. I've heard the food is terrible since they never eat meat and they use something called 'Molecular Gastronomy' or someother."

> As we step away pause and glance back at Lavana for a moment "Despite our differences I wish you success in your new career. Perhaps in a different time and place we would've been friends, we're more alike than we each care to admit..."
>Lavana stares at you for a second, then chuckles. "You're a weird Celestial, you know that? Not a problem though, it's been nice seeing you. I was being genuine on wishing you luck up there."
>_?

« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2024, 09:06:01 PM »
> Leave the area and head towards a stand that sells soul candy that is far away from their sights.

> Buy 3 pieces of soul candy, one for us, one for Shinmyoumaru and one for Shion.

Tom

« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2024, 09:18:59 PM »
> Ponder what "molecular gastronomy" might mean?
> How close are we to the Netherworld's gate?