Poll

Most Popular Touhou Fan Content....ever

Fumos
Marisa Stole the Precious Thing
Sakuya's Rampage
Bad Apple!
Cirno's Perfect Math Class

Author Topic: Most Popular Touhou Fan Content  (Read 5544 times)

Most Popular Touhou Fan Content
« on: October 27, 2023, 02:02:48 PM »
Touhou is a franchise well known for having fans that "love the series, never played the games" and most of these fans get their information from fan content.
Fan content has been very important to the legacy of Touhou in the modern day and that made me think, what's the most popular Touhou Fan Content?
I've seen people talk about the 'best' but not the most 'popular'.
I'm counting everything as fair game, from doujins to Drama CDs to even soap holders.
These are my picks:
•Fumos
•KKHTA(more infamous than famous)
•Scarlet Police on Ghetto Patrol
•Cirno's Perfect Math Class  :cirnotan:

I picked these because they're more well known outside of the touhou fandom and chances are you first heard of Touhou through these.

I want to know everybody else's opinion, maybe make a poll to ultimately decide the most popular Touhou fan content.

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
Re: Most Popular Touhou Fan Content
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 03:59:08 PM »
Started a topic about this and didn't even include the GOAT, Bad Apple?

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 04:16:16 PM »
Sakuya's Rampage is probably up there with the best of them.

moons1de_

• moons1de_?
  • moons1de_
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 01:01:37 AM »
Sakuya's Rampage is probably up there with the best of them.
Sakuya's Rampage was probably the earliest experience I had with anything Touhou related, so I would say it's a very big contender with the big music videos like Bad Apple!! or Cirno's Perfect Math Class.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 01:31:10 PM »
Started a topic about this and didn't even include the GOAT, Bad Apple?
I literally had to slap myself in the face for forgetting Bad Apple, it's on par with the popularity of fumos.

One thing that I noticed is that half of the suggestions are EoSD related, which really goes to show how popular and indicative of Touhou EoSD is.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 09:14:07 PM »
If we're going for the best:
Marisa Stole the Precious Thing

This thing is so simple yet it has so much meme potential. From "Marisa Tanked My Score With an Incredible Hand" to "Master Stole the Precious Padoru" and "MrBeast Stole The Precious Thing", it seems like every fandom that has existed for long enough has a version of that PV. And let's not lie to ourselves, it's extremely catchy.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023, 11:45:22 PM »
The poll is ready, we will now decide the most popular Touhou Fan Content....ever and forever!!!!

Dreamy-Eyed Yuuritsu

• 妖怪羊は幻想郷の夢を見るか?
    • YouTube
    • yuuritsu_yumegane
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 07:00:17 AM »
At least right now, the fumos are one of the trendiest things around over here in Vietnam's internet culture. People bring them to Japanese festivals and such, but unfortunately many fumo owners doesn't even know what Touhou is.

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 10:40:39 AM »
Probably not my first experience with Touhou, but the first Touhou related thing I can remember watching often was a Chirumiru meme, so I'd say it deserves to be considered, too.

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 04:01:39 PM »
At least right now, the fumos are one of the trendiest things around over here in Vietnam's internet culture. People bring them to Japanese festivals and such, but unfortunately many fumo owners doesn't even know what Touhou is.
It's interesting that even though fumos aren't exclusive Touhou based, (there's lots of fumos for other franchises) they've been linked to the Touhou franchise and when you think fumo you think Touhou.

I'd say that right now fumos are the most popular Touhou "thing", we're past the days of Bad Apple and Cirno's Perfect Math Classroom, soon the fumos will be all that's left, they're coming for your jobs next....

And I'm also jealous of people with fumos who don't know what Touhou is because I can't get any where I'm from :(

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2023, 03:16:09 PM »
And I'm also jealous of people with fumos who don't know what Touhou is because I can't get any where I'm from :(
I feel you. In my country you can import them but it's going to be really expensive, and the economy is really bad so spending 55-75$ + shipping + import costs for a fumo is a big no-no