Author Topic: Which Touhou Girl are you?  (Read 9791 times)

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
Which Touhou Girl are you?
« on: August 31, 2023, 06:26:15 PM »
I'm going to revive a thread from the old MotK forums --> https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=20805.0. The reason is because the thread here made me interested about what's our personalities that are similar to the Touhou characters. First, I'll tell mine.

My closest personality similar to a Touhou character is Nitori Kawashiro. (Huh, surprising...)
https://app.gemoo.com/share/image-annotation/555938415012847616?codeId=M03d01pmLlgAR

Well, let's see the runner-up!
https://app.gemoo.com/share/image-annotation/555936851657334784?codeId=Mp1e61kQ7Wk9N

... So, I'm Aya. I mean, I CAN be a very curious guy at times, if I'm in a good mood, so maybe it suits me.

So, go check it out. And respond after completing it. Don't worry, it isn't long  :meiling: .
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
Re: Which Touhou Girl are you?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 02:56:19 AM »
My favorite character is Marisa, but I actually identify more with Reimu.

I've had a privileged life, not lavish or anything, but throughout my childhood and adulthood things just went really smoothly for me. Middle school and high school were fine, got out of college without too much difficulty, got into a good job, got promoted at said job, each step has just felt awkwardly successful.

There might be impostor syndrome/perfectionism in there somewhere, but I'll disregard that.

Which reminds me of Reimu, who's naturally talented, "coasting" through life as it is, but somewhat lazy and a bit aimless. So I identify with her a lot.

williewillus

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 02:56:54 AM »
oh, I just realized this is an actual personality quiz not just a discussion topic lol. Taking the quiz now.....

williewillus

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 02:59:04 AM »
I got Mokou and Reisen :P

You are ...

More Specialized than Open
    More Headstrong than Flexible
    More Innocent than Knowledgeable
    More Isolationist than Intervening
    More Utilitarian than Harmonious

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 12:54:11 PM »
Here's the app, for convenience:
http://whichtouhou-147401.appspot.com/
(credits to lonemaestro)

My results this time are... Suika and Marisa? Well, I wouldn't say I like Suika much, but I do respect her for being smarter than she looks. And admittedly, I'm also more prone to observing events or manipulating from sidelines than engaging anything directly. Marisa though... more of a miss, I feel. I'm nowhere near as social or meddlesome.

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 01:37:09 PM »
Marisa though... more of a miss, I feel. I'm nowhere near as social or meddlesome.

Spoiler:
Are you going to steal my laptop?? (¬_¬ )

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 01:51:14 PM »
While I was roaming around the forum, I found LoneMaestro in one of the threads and found his blog website. I then searched Touhou in the search box, which caused me to find the 'updated' version of 'Which Touhou Girl are you?' Link: https://thekurantoblog.com/which-touhou-are-you/

Now, let's start doing the quiz.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 02:40:03 PM »
Satori and Patchouli. That's more like it. I am indeed good with animals and overly empathetic with people. And I do tend to take an almost scientific approach to whatever I'm interested in (and Patchy is someone who's closest to being a scientist in Gensokyo).

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 10:44:27 PM »
Okaaaaay, I got Kokoro as the closest character to have the same personality, and Cirno as the runner up. No wonder people say that there's no common sense in Gensokyo!

I'll show the images.

Images: https://app.gemoo.com/share/image-annotation/557092316768563200?codeId=v69g5m06WanxQ&origin=imageurlgenerator
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 11:07:23 PM by Sir Scaravich »

Ran_Yakumos_biggest_fan

• just a guy who REALLY likes ran
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2023, 10:41:49 PM »
ran

i think like a computer sometimes, and somedays i feel 900 years old.

and i like  ran a lot

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2023, 06:04:53 PM »
I got Aya
Aya is one of my favorite characters
my profile pic is Aya
I look like Aya irl
clearly the universe is trying to tell me something  :cirnotan:

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2023, 08:34:01 PM »
I got Aya
my profile pic is Aya
I look like Aya irl

You will now become Aya.

Do not resist, accept your transformation...

moons1de_

• moons1de_?
  • moons1de_
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2023, 12:25:29 AM »
I got Aya
my profile pic is Aya
I look like Aya irl
Prepare for your ayassimilation...  :meiling:

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2023, 03:15:31 AM »
I really wanted to do the quiz, but for some reason I was IP banned from the website for both of the quizzes.  :cirnotan:

I mulled over it since then but it only occured to me recently to use a VPN, so I did and my results were:

More Open than Specialized
More Flexible than Headstrong
More Intervening than Isolationist
More Harmonious than Utilitarian

My closest match was Sanae. I don't really feel like I'm Sanae-like but now that I think about it we both share some similarities..

Runner-up is Reisen, Not one I expected either, maybe all those Reisen turning into a table videos that YouTube has been recommending is taking its toll on me.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
    • jaxter0987#6704
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2023, 10:55:08 PM »
Alice, runner up Mokou from the old version of the quiz. I was fine with the results given the quiz maker's summary of those two.

More Specialized than Open
More Isolationist than Intervening
More Utilitarian than Harmonious

But then I got Reisen, runner up Youmu from the updated quiz which makes even more sense and these two are among my favorites. Sakuya is my absolute favorite but I'm not surprised I'm not more like her.

One metric did change between the two quizzes though and that is the second quiz determining I'm more Flexible than Headstrong, while the others were the same. I've always thought of myself as stubborn so this came as a surprise but I retook the updated quiz twice, changing the answers to some questions I was on the fence on to the other one I had in mind and still got the same result. I forgot how silly and fun these kinds of personality quizzes can be.

Funbil

• Inspiration and love are the same feeling
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Steam
    • Linktree
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2023, 05:34:04 PM »
This is a cute idea! My closest match is Aya as well, she seems to be popular in this thread. I wonder if Aya-types are more inclined to use internet forums?

I never thought about it much before, but I suppose Aya and I are pretty similar. My friends often remark about how much I notice things about them, their patterns of behaviors, their unspoken tastes, things such as this. I guess a word to use might be "perceptive." As well as nearly all my hobbies involving some sort of analysis or research. I also consider getting into proper career journalism with some regularity, if my current situations ever wind up changing. It's interesting to see this all reflected in such a short quiz which, if I'm being honest, I had trouble answering pretty often. The answers I had to choose never really perfectly reflected the way I'd realistically react. But hey, in the end it wound up figuring me out pretty well!

My runner-up was Suika, which was surprising. She isn't be a character I would choose for myself, but the way they describe her does wind up being accurate to me. Yet another character with a focus on being observant, among her other traits like being generally relaxed yet unyielding and confident in herself. It's a lot easier to say these kind things about a fictional character than it is to say about myself...!!

Typing all this out though, what strikes me the most is how different of a person I am now compared to when I was younger. I would have certainly pulled extremely different characters even just five years ago, let alone ten or so. Tests like this are a fun opportunity to reflect on yourself and consider not just what kind of person you are, but what kind of person you've become. The nuance of that sounds a little silly, but maybe you know what I mean.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2023, 07:20:32 AM »
My closest match is Aya as well, she seems to be popular in this thread.
This comment piqued my interest so I decided to figure out which character is the most common of them all. Nobody kept track of it in the old forum so for the sake of data collection I counted them all myself too. I didn’t count retakes and I if somebody did both the new and old quiz, I counted the old one because it has more plentiful data to work of off.

In total, 70 people did the quiz and posted their result on this forum.

Top 5 Most Popular Closest Matches   
  • Reisen - 12
  • Marisa - 8
  • Aya - 7
  • Mokou - 6
  • Sakuya - 6

Top 5 Most Popular Runner-ups
  • Reisen (again) - 7
  • Mokou - 7
  • Satori - 7
  • Aya - 5
  • Suika - 5

Looking at these results you should have a pretty big clue on the top 3

Most Common Results:
  • Reisen! - 19
  • Mokou - 13
  • Aya - 12
  • Marisa - 10
  • Sakuya - 9
  • Satori - 7
  • Suika - 7
  • Yuyuko - 7
  • Byakuren - 7
  • Ichirin - 7
  • Suwako - 5
  • Futo - 4
  • Nitori - 4
  • Reimu - 3
  • Kokoro - 3
  • Miko - 3
  • Sanae - 3
  • Mamizou - 3
  • Yukari - 2
  • Meiling - 2
  • Remilia - 2
  • Koishi - 0
  • Flandre - 0
  • Cirno - 0
  • Youmu - 0
  • Shinmyoumaru
  • Komachi - 0
  • Patchouli - 0

Only Closest Match/Runner-up pairs that appeared frequently enough to have relevance are:
  • Reisen/Mokou
  • Marisa/Satori

Reisen by a big gap is the most common, her personality is very grounded and is very temperate compared to other residents of Gensokyo, which reflects the forum very well, as everyone here is pretty chill so I don’t have to worry about anyone here starting any globe-wide incident. Mokou wasn’t a character that I was expecting to show up as much, maybe it implies that everyone here is introverted and depressed? Also, I’m genuinely shocked that I haven’t seen a Patchouli yet, her introverted personality feels right at home with that of Mokou’s (or maybe I recorded the results incorrectly)
Gensokyo has a lot of nutjobs “special minded” people so as expected some characters like Cirno, Koishi, Flandre and Shinmyoumaru didn’t appear at all because if your personality is like Koishi’s then I don’t think you’re not okay in the head  :cirnotan: (I expected Remi to be part of this group as well but apparently two people got her so I’m surprised). There’s a clear relation between sanity and placement, with the most sane characters taking top spots and the more unhinged ones ranking lower.

Fun Fact: If you take the average of each letter of this data (e.g more people ended up with Specialized rather than Open characters) then we the personality trait of, SHKSU, which technically means that if we were to combine all the personalities of everyone here and merged them into one being we would get.......
Sakuya!

That’s how I interpreted the results, what do you think? I’m interested to hear others’s opinions on the data.

Note: I may have gotten some minor mistakes when obtaining the data so if you see a contradiction I’ll be sure to fix it, I’ll probably update the list in the future if a significant amount of more people post their results here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 05:41:20 PM by degradingwindow »

Inunaki

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2023, 02:11:08 PM »
I got Alice Margatroid, with my runner-up being Fujiwara no Mokou.

I'm not sure how many characters were included in this test, but I would say I relate to Parsee Mizuhashi the most. Still, can't complain about my results.

akudan

• looking for friends, looking for fantasy~
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2024, 05:51:04 AM »
I got Reisen as my closest, with Alice as a runner up.  I was a little surprised by Reisen, and consider Alice to be a better fit for me personally.  The bit in her bio about being a little self-absorbed hit me close to home, since I like to stay in my own headspace and tend to disregard others as a result.  I'm a really big fan of these types of quizzes though, even if they are a little buzzfeed-ish. 

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2024, 03:56:02 PM »
For the first version of the test I got Aya with Nitori as my runner up, but for the updated version I got Sakuya with Nitori as my runner-up. I really don't get how I got Sakuya lol

akudan

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2024, 04:05:06 PM »
For the first version of the test I got Aya with Nitori as my runner up, but for the updated version I got Sakuya with Nitori as my runner-up. I really don't get how I got Sakuya lol
Maybe you're secretly a maid?  Aya and Sakuya both have that kind of aloof, better-than-you sort of feeling though.  I think they have more in common than people usually consider.  If your runner up was Nitori, then you might just be pretty level-headed overall. 

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2024, 05:14:59 PM »
I re-took the quiz today, and the results I got were Reisen as the closest match, and Youmu as the runner-up. I wonder why?  :cirnotan:

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2024, 07:10:22 PM »
Aya and Sakuya both have that kind of aloof, better-than-you sort of feeling though.  I think they have more in common than people usually consider.
Never considered that. Then again I don't like the implication that I think I'm better than others

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2024, 09:20:41 PM »
I got Aya with the older quiz and Nitori with the newer one! I think the universe is telling me that I should change my major to engineering :}

Miminena

• Obliteration <3
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2024, 10:13:27 PM »
I got Reisen with runner-up Youmu. Youmu feels fairly accurate, but I don't know enough about Reisen to tell how well she fits me.
Ah, your danmaku is beautiful. Simply amazing.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2024, 05:35:25 PM »
My result was Fujiwara no Mokou.

(specialized headstrong innocent isolationist utilitarian)

Perhaps due to being ostracized for so long, Mokou is a loner by nature and chooses not to socialize with humans or youkai. Nevertheless, to those whom she's acquainted with, she speaks bluntly and with lively personality.
Now let's examine these traits each in turn.

Specialized - yes. I have a few niche areas I'm knowledgeable in and I'm largely useless otherwise.
Headstrong - somewhat, I suppose. The alternative being "flexible", I guess I can alter my behavior somewhat according to the social situation at hand, but I won't change my beliefs to accomodate anyone.
Innocent - er, not really. I've seen things.
Isolationist - does that mean I'm a loner? If so, yeah, big time.
Utilitarian - well, not in the ethical philosophy meaning of the word. The opposite is given as "harmonious", so I'm guessing it has more to do with interpersonal interactions than anything else. In this regard, I am very selective in who gets to be my friend, so I guess the answer is "yes, in a way".

The runner-up girl was Patchouli. Ironically, while Patchouli is among my Touhou favourites, I've never had any strong feelings about Mokou.

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2024, 12:51:48 AM »
Had a friend of mine take the quiz. For the first version he got Nitori with Aya as his runner up and for the second version he got Satori with Patchouli as his runner up. Nitori, Satori, and Patchy all feel pretty fitting knowing him.

Goomba98

• The Kinda Chestnut-Looking Guy
  • In the process of getting a new lease on life.
    • TheGoomba98#9202
    • Steam
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2024, 11:58:11 PM »
You know, I don't mean to be That Guy™, but lonemaestro themself actually restarted the thread on this new forum! I'm still going to support this thread since it's newer and even taught me that there was an older version of this quiz, but for now I'll just repost my original result:
You are:
Neither Specialized nor Open.
More Headstrong than Flexible.
More Innocent than Knowledgeable.
More Isolationist than Intervening.
More Utilitarian than Harmonious.

Closest Match: Fujiwara no Mokou

Runner-Up: Shinmyoumaru Sukuna
I might see if these results are still accurate soon, and maybe even take the old quiz for fun.

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2024, 05:17:33 AM »
(Older Test)
https://whichtouhou-147401.appspot.com/
You are ...
More Open than Specialized
More Knowledgeable than Innocent
More Intervening than Isolationist
More Harmonious than Utilitarian

Closest Match : Yuyuko(...? Should have been Suwako according to the opening post by the app-author on https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=20805.0 ,but...?)
Runner Up : Aya(...?)

(Much Newer Test) https://which-touhou-2.uk.r.appspot.com/
You are:
More Open than Specialized.
More Headstrong than Flexible.
More Knowledgeable than Innocent.
More Intervening than Isolationist.
More Utilitarian than Harmonious.

(Full Roster) https://which-touhou-2.uk.r.appspot.com/roster
Closest Match : Kasen(...?)

Runner Up: Eirin(...?)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 03:59:47 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

akudan

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2024, 12:55:41 AM »
To be honest, I like the older test better, since the results at the end have a lot more substance to them.  The art and roster of the newer test are nice, but there's only like 2 sentences about each character and their personalities.