Author Topic: Strawberry Bose Translation and Gameplay Changing Patch Center  (Read 744 times)

Memomecha

• Memoca's Mech
  • BY THE POWER OF THE SEA!
    • Twitter
    • Memomecha#1311
Strawberry Bose Translation and Gameplay Changing Patch Center
« on: February 22, 2020, 08:51:55 PM »
Done by Validon originally.

I've been posting a bunch of stuff about this translation project over back in my LP thread for Nightmare of Rebellion, but I figured it would be a good idea to shift any conversation, progress reports, screenshots, etc. over to Touhou Projects instead of clogging up the LP thread. So, that said, once I actually have the gameplay patch for NoR in a releasable condition, I'll be editing the next post (which I'll reserve for all the downloads, etc.) to include it, some example screenshots, etc., the same for when I move on to the other games. This includes Devil of Decline ~ Banquet (the other translation thread will stay for Devil of Decline ~ Festival), Touhou Quest, Marisa's Kirisame Magic Shop, Nightmare of Rebellion, and Phantasmal Summoners 2.

With that said, here's what's up with the NoR translation right now. I'm still going through item.srsdb, which is probably the largest file of them all to work through, and currently need to just get the descriptions done (I otherwise did all the names and removed all the furigana). enchant.srsdb, which had the enchantment related information, is also done. There's a few more files I am going to touch upon before releasing a "bare basics" patch, including monster.srsdb, chr.srsdb, and cond.srsdb. Once those are done, I'll make the bare basics patch and begin work on a full-er gameplay patch. The files more or less work the same way, so while I need to edit the .srsdb files as .txt files due to how the tool I got works, the .srb files (in other words, Global.srb) and the image files can be handled the exact same way as before.

Downloads

Genius of Sappheiros

Patches are for version 3.00 (but should be compatible with 3.01)

Genius of Sappheiros V Stat Growth Rate Patch
Img.pak Update

Nightmare of Rebellion

All patches are for version 2.09 of Nightmare of Rebellion.

Version 0.01b
game.tarc
img2.tarc

Images 0.01c
img2.tarc

Images 0.01d
img2.tarc

Detailed Patch
Detailed Patch with Doppel Rate Up
Detailed Patch with Doppel and Drop Rate Up

List of Doppel Rates for Doppel Rate Patch

Devil of Decline ~ Banquet/Festival

All patches are for version 3.03 and 2.11 of Devil of Decline.

Version 0.05e

Version 0.01
game.tarc
img.tarc

Faster Element Leveling Patch (Half Requirements)
Faster Element Leveling Patch (Adjusted Curve), includes Detailed Patch (still in beta, weapon descriptions not changed, some typos in skill descriptions)
Faster Element Leveling Patch (Adjusted Curve) with no Element Level Spark requirement, includes beta Detailed Patch

Touhou Quest ~ Infinite Spellcard

(None yet)

Marisa no Kirisame Mahouten (Marisa's Kirisame Magic Shop)

(None yet)

Phantasmal Summoners 2 ~ Tag Duelist

(None yet)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:10:18 PM by Memomecha »
Going into buisness once more.

Memomecha

• Memoca's Mech
    • Twitter
    • Memomecha#1311
Re: Strawberry Bose Translation and Gameplay Changing Patch Center
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 09:07:56 PM »
Welcome to MotK 3! I guess since we're starting here a fresh, I might bring in something. Obviously, these came from the original forums, and I'm going to hopefully make a few of you happy before the old ship goes down. Translation work will be continued in a bit by me and hopefully some others, like Vadimon. Now I'm going to try to modify shinigami drop rates in Devil of Decline Banquet (and Festival) so that they'll not be absolute RNG, and maybe buff some of them.

See you all soon
-Memomecha!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 12:29:41 AM »
What does the img.pak update for GoS actually do?  I presume well enough the other patch's purpose.

Memomecha

• Memoca's Mech
    • Twitter
    • Memomecha#1311
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 01:41:48 AM »
What does the img.pak update for GoS actually do?  I presume well enough the other patch's purpose.
I don't know.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 02:38:21 PM »
I don't know.
The translated link from the old board seems to be dead, but it looks like menus, resistances, BGM names, character names in battle, text like "BOMB +1", and also the ending of the main game.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 02:43:53 PM »
It's nice to see that people are still willing to work on translating these games.

Memomecha

• Memoca's Mech
    • Twitter
    • Memomecha#1311
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 08:16:13 PM »
OK, just to be clear: I don't know how to decrypt these. If Validon comes back to this new site, maybe he would help. But I can't seem to make the decryption tool a bit easier to understand (or mauve could also try to give me advice). But when I can understand a bit more about it, I can help translate and edit the games so that shinigami are a lot easier to get in Devil of Decline.

Tom

• Systems Developer
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 02:53:38 AM »
Are the story dialogues translated in the DoD patch?

Memomecha

• Memoca's Mech
    • Twitter
    • Memomecha#1311
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 11:33:27 PM »
Are the story dialogues translated in the DoD patch?
No. And neither is some of the stuff within the 3.00 version thing. I didn't make them as a reminder. Validon did, but since the dude hasn't come back yet, I just made this thread so that it didn't get trapped when the old thread caves in.

Validon98

• Utahime says hello!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 02:25:21 PM »
Haven't really touched this stuff in awhile, honestly I was thinking of getting back to it in some way but then both time got away from me (as will happen with jobs) and also the tools I used are less kind to me on my new laptop. I can try doing work again on my old laptop but honestly I don't know when I'd get to it. I'm sorry for not leaving better information behind, to the point even I'm having trouble remembering everything.

I will say that there is something I want to do, but it isn't a patch. Since GoSV and DoDW have been out for awhile now, once I have the necessary time and motivation, I'd love to put reference spreadsheets together for them, since otherwise I don't have a clue how to translate patch things on the Switch (and I don't want to risk bricking mine), but I think it would be nice for people who would want to try the console versions to have something of a translation reference so that they don't have to rely on a Google translated wiki or something like that.

Other than that, I dunno how much more help I'll be. Sorry for not having better gotten things together for people interested in continuing this.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 07:51:29 PM »
I actually have recently starting playing DoD:W and boy it'd be nice to have a reference sheet for the weapon skills. Everything else I'm pretty much fine on, and the jp wiki is pretty helpful. But weapon skills? In battles is ok, but when it comes to swapping... oomph, not being able to see the ranges in the menu like in DoD:PC makes it troublesome. (also, generic shikigami buff/debuffs with identical range/mp)

Validon98

• Utahime says hello!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 03:31:43 PM »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17hfAQ8P327QZKK1_TLHVDpeKOhAefOhu2o9iNZ2xnrI/edit?usp=sharing

I started getting this kind of spreadsheet together before. It's very incomplete at the moment but it at least has weapon skills filled out for the moment with translations and any special effects (but not specific numbers, etc.). I'll try to pick away at this moreso with other skill types, weapons, etc. I have it set so people can comment, so if people have information on the required element levels for some of the skills I don't have filled out, it'd be nice for reference (I have all the ones for slash skills, just not stab or strike).

EDIT: I should note that since this is recent, I've done another translation pass at some things, so I've adjusted some commonly known translations. Been thinking a bit about other common terms we've been using and what might be better translations or otherwise shorter ones, like changing Element Power to Element Intensity (to separate it from Power as in base damage, rather than "Power" as in how much extra weakness damage it does, the two use different kanji in Japanese as well). Was also thinking of changing Permanent to Ailment, since... I honestly don't know where Permanent came from in the previous translation? Variety gets used in katakana, so it can stay, and Quick is accurate, but Permanent is almost always referred to in the Japanese as "Abnormal State," so I don't get where it came from in the GoS translation. Status effects as a whole (of all three types) are otherwise referred to in katakana as Conditions. I dunno, just thoughts on the matter, I think some of the original translations could stand to be adjusted for clarity.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 12:01:09 AM by Validon98 »