Author Topic: Fantasy Maiden Wars - English Patch Repository  (Read 44110 times)

Fantasy Maiden Wars - English Patch Repository
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:34:28 PM »

==INTRODUCTION==

Hello, Shrinemaiden forums. This thread will serve as a translation patch repository for the numerous Fantasy Maiden Wars games (Genso Shojo Wars in japanese). Fantasy Maiden Wars is a strategy RPG done in the style of the Super Robot Wars games, a series of crossovers between a ton of different robot animes and video games. Fantasy Maiden Wars, for the most part, is a retelling of pre-Ten Desires-era Touhou games starting from the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and ending with an original scenario. In order, the games go Scarlet (S), Mystic (M), Eternity (E), and Dream (D), and Complete Box (X/CB), an all-in-one compilation of every game.

Our group, the White Jade Belvedere, are a collection of SomethingAwful forums users who have been compiling patches for the games based on a series of translation Let's Plays on the forums, all of which are available for reading on the Let's Play Archive now.

Translation efforts for Scarlet, Mystic, and Eternity are more or less done. There are a few things in Mystic and Eternity that were left untranslated; these are for purely technical reasons that would make the game impossible to play or significantly hamper the game experience. We ask for your understanding regarding these issues.

==PATCH LINKS==

All patches are first uploaded to the Akurasu wiki. Patches will also be linked here for courtesy. To patch your game, simply drag and drop the data files in the zip/rar archives into the respective game's data folder. BE SURE TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL DATA FILES SOMEWHERE. YOU WILL NEED THEM IN CASE YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE GAME OR SOMETHING ELSE HORRIBLE HAPPENS. Just to be safe, please.

Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet (English patch v1.02)
Originally made by Deranged and some other fairies on pooshlmer. They seem to have all vanished off the face of the internet since then.
Requires game version v1.1.2. Sanbondo have since released a 1.2.0 patch for Scarlet, this translation will definitely not work if you try to use it on 1.2.0.

Fantasy Maiden Wars Mystic (English Patch v1.1)
Originally made by us, the White Jade Belvedere, both before and after we became the world class translation group we are today formally congealed into an organized group.
Requires game version v1.2.0.  Currently up-to-date.

Fantasy Maiden Wars Eternity (English Patch v1.1)
Originally made by us, the White Jade Belvedere.
Requires game version v1.2.0. Currently up-to-date.

Fantasy Maiden Wars Dream (English Patch v.51)
Contains skills, abilities, weapons, items, spirits, danmaku effects, and scenario dialogue for Chapters 56, 57, and 77.
Currently being worked on by us, the White Jade Belvedere.
Requires game version v1.2.1. Currently up-to-date.

We are working on a translation patch for Fantasy Maiden Wars Complete Box! Since the game is currently still unfinished, I have nothing to show publicly. However, that will change in the future...

Godspeed, Sheephu the hedgehog.

==WHITE JADE BELVEDERE STAFF ROLL==
Parentheses indicate currently inactive members.

Translators: Clarste, (Hokuto)
Let's Players: Golden Battler, (BlitzBlast)
Proofreaders and thing-doers: Ryza, a cartoon duck, nook, also Golden Battler, Nages
Hackerman: Roonespism, (Yamsman)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 02:33:02 PM by nook »

Re: Fantasy Maiden Wars - English Patch Repository
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 07:39:29 PM »
Hello, new shrinemaiden. This thread has been moved over from the old forums.

We are still working on the patches for Dream and Complete Box. There is expected to be a big update to CB in June that will hopefully contain the rest of the content, so most of the heavy-duty work on that will have to wait until then. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 11:53:32 AM »
Hello, the link to the english patch for Fantasy Maiden Wars Dream (ver 0.51) died. I download it and can't unzip it at all. Please help.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 02:34:28 PM »
That is odd... I was able to download and extract it just fine. I have re-uploaded the file and changed the appropriate links just to be sure.

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 12:54:47 AM »
So how are things going? How was the update? Was it really the last?  :cirnotan:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 01:00:04 AM by lemeee »

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 01:40:11 AM »
Hello, can I get some assistance on decrypting the data files? I want to rip effects from this game. Please I have been the entire day digging and trying to and managed to find a c++ source code pastebin but I have almost to no skill in it and all my attempts to run the code and install c++ compilers were for naught.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 04:14:55 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if someone here has seen what formula is used to determine critical hits in the first game, Scarlet.

Let's just say I'm having a wonderful time with Yuuka in Chapter 10, and that I'm convinced a Reimu with 178 Skills using an attack with a critical modifier of +10% and not other skills to increase it is incapable of achieving a critical hit against a 197 Skills having opponent. I've heard it's possible for Marisa to perform a critical hit with an attack having a critical hit modifier of +20%, but I've tried so hard and didn't get so far.

I know this thread is for the english patch, but I figured talking about game mechanics only found in the code on the last most-active thread I've seen wouldn't be too rule-breaking.

Is the formula ( User Skill + Attack's critical modifier) - ( Enemy Skill ) in case none of the opponents have any skills having an impact on critical hit ratios ? Or does level come in play in the formula ?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:46:30 PM by AKIRA115 »

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 11:12:45 PM »
If I may ask, what's the progress on translating Complete Box?  Are you still waiting for NG+ to hit?

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 08:49:07 AM »
Does any of these contain translated in-battle dialogues, beside Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet?

EDIT: It's been a few years now, but I keep getting an error when trying to run Gensou Shoujo Taisen COMPLETE BOX. No matter what I try, the game keeps crashing right at start up. I receive an error related to GSWBINFile.dll and the game closes. All the previous 4 games run fine individually, but the COMPLETE BOX just won't. Assuming this is (easily) doable, any chance to apply the COMPLETE BOX (future) translation to the individual games? The idea of not being able to play all seasons in full english makes me want to cry.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 08:51:36 AM by arukaizer »

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 02:56:02 AM »
Is the translation team doing fine? The long silence is very concerning, but I hope the team is doing well.

If it's alright with ya, I can help out with the Dream translation.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2021, 10:09:23 PM »
Hey my man, sorry for asking this after so much time but is your team still working on the patches? It's has been more than a year so I hope everything is going just fine

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2021, 08:50:19 PM »
Don't really blame ya for moving all focus towards Complete Box, but leaving Dream only partially translated is still really irksome as a player that's started from Scarlet and gone through with save transfers.

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 12:10:27 AM »
Any updates on the Dream patch? With the translation LP of Dream long done, the main dialogue left should just be the pre-battle quotes that weren't featured in the LP....and fixing the text wrapping issues mentioned in the LP. Still quite a bit admittedly, but that's been a while since a reply.

CB will definitely take a while, given the sheer amount of new pre-battle quotes, the stage intermissions, and the Ace quotes but getting Dream squared away will close out the original games.

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2022, 06:29:18 AM »
It seems the Switch port is coming out at the end of this month, and I think I heard that it's accompanying the final patch for Complete Box? I recall hearing this is a bottleneck for the translation team, so perhaps things will begin to move from here on out?

I've only ever played the first game, years ago, but it's probably my favorite Touhou fangame to this day, so I'm definitely looking forward to one day being able to play the rest.

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »
It seems the Switch port is coming out at the end of this month, and I think I heard that it's accompanying the final patch for Complete Box? I recall hearing this is a bottleneck for the translation team, so perhaps things will begin to move from here on out?

The final big patch they were talking about was the New Game+ mode that has already been released on PC a few months ago, with the patch the Switch version is based on being the last bug-fixing patch from late January. https://twitter.com/sanbondo/status/1486308448052871171

Them not having much progress on Complete Box makes sense given the sheer amount of new text, without even counting the four new stages, and having to figure out the game's new workings.  I was mostly asking about the W.I.P. patch for Dream, which had it's final patch years ago, isn't dependent on Complete Box's release, and had the bulk of it's main translation done in the translation LP.  Asking for an update on it's status after 2+ years seems fair.

The bottleneck you are thinking of was probably one of Clarste's post about a CB translation patch https://clarste.tumblr.com/post/632260487553433600/any-updates-about-the-complete-box-english-patch#notes
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 02:05:36 PM by seki108 »

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2022, 02:28:08 AM »
I think it's fair to ask for an update. It has been a long time.

Unfortunately I can't see an updated translation patch for Dream ever releasing. With the final update to Complete Box and the incoming release of -Dream of the Stray Dreamer- for Switch, FMW4 is a deprecated product both in terms of story and gameplay. The time is simply better spent working on the completed version. I understand if people are disappointed hearing this, especially after so long without any updates, but it is how the team collectively feels.

That being said, I won't give a date or a timeframe for the release of a translation patch for CB, either. Without even getting into the technical aspects of such a patch (good lord that font needs to be changed) there is still a humongous amount of text to translate (2 extra story chapters, 5 Meeko chapters, a new alternate ending route only available on NG+, ~900 new pre-battle conversations, not to mention existing chapters where text was changed between their original games and CB).

We will continue to work hard and make this translation the best it can be. Thank you for your patience, and understanding.

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 08:43:44 PM »
Thank you very much for an update on the Dream patch. It may not be the greatest news, but it is great to have an answer one way or the other (and the decision does make perfect sense).  Good luck and thanks for all of your hard work!

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2022, 05:17:45 AM »
Don't worry, take as long as your team needs to make this product the best it can be! I've been waiting a long time for it - I can wait longer, and will be happy to enjoy it when it's finished.

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 01:50:41 AM »
Would it be okay to ask for another status update? Really appreciate the work put into the original games and don't mind waiting however long it will take, but just wanted to check if it was still an active project.

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 02:38:12 AM »
Hi, thanks for all your hard work! I'm a huge fan of the GSW series and would be more than happy to help out with the translation side of things if you need any extra translators:)

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2022, 08:09:25 PM »
Thank you for your interest. However, at this time we do not feel we need to bring in additional members to the team. Work is progressing slowly but surely.

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2022, 08:02:48 AM »
Hello translation team, i wasnt sure where else to put this. just reached 25r, but when it gets to the map, it only loads a still of the map. i cannot move, no music plays, nothing loads. it isnt performance error, because the computer doesnt read it as lagging. i swap data 4 and 5 out for the old untranslated ones, and it works fine. any idea why this happens? should i run in a different compatability?

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2023, 02:25:12 AM »
Is there any news for when a translation for the menu stuff will be available for the complete box?

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2023, 01:06:11 AM »
Yeah, I'd like to know how the translation of the Complete Box is going too, so is it possible to know how it's going?

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2023, 09:42:29 PM »
Is there any news for when a translation for the menu stuff will be available for the complete box?
On Akurasu page for Complete Box, there is a menu patched linked in the translation patch section. Haven't tried it personally, but others on the Akurasu discord have and said it worked good.

On a different note, I'm still wondering where Pikasprey got the timeframe for CB not getting a full patch for another two years. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere I can find but he sounded confident in whoever told him.

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2023, 04:07:03 PM »
On Akurasu page for Complete Box, there is a menu patched linked in the translation patch section. Haven't tried it personally, but others on the Akurasu discord have and said it worked good.

On a different note, I'm still wondering where Pikasprey got the timeframe for CB not getting a full patch for another two years. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere I can find but he sounded confident in whoever told him.
AspreyFM, not Pikasprey
Technically I told him that. Though I said 2025 at the earliest, based on what I've seen so far in said Discord. I think he stopped reading after he read "2025"

Also very sadge that he's gonna get cliffhangered at the 3rd game.  Exactly how difficult is it to patch Dream by the way? I'd imagine it's very difficult, but maybe I'd want to give it a shot?

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2023, 05:59:27 AM »
AspreyFM, not Pikasprey
Technically I told him that. Though I said 2025 at the earliest, based on what I've seen so far in said Discord. I think he stopped reading after he read "2025"

Also very sadge that he's gonna get cliffhangered at the 3rd game.  Exactly how difficult is it to patch Dream by the way? I'd imagine it's very difficult, but maybe I'd want to give it a shot?

woops, must have been half asleep for that one

Ah. I mostly don't use Discord and trying to dig through posts in the Akurasu discord got old quick.  I don't doubt it will take till then, but I just wanted to know if there was an official announcement on an official channel I didn't know about.

I can't say personally how difficult it is, but the team did translate the first two stages and the last one in the Dream patch before it was canceled to focus on CB, so it's doable. 

Heck you can even tell Asprey about the two dream chapters if he wants to end on a different cliffhanger lol Still, it was great hearing somebody really like FMW instead of just reading it. Hopefully he'll remember resupply units exist next game, even though he is on Easy

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2023, 02:45:59 AM »
Hate to ask for updates but it has been a few months and I'm just curious, anyone heard any news that I haven't?

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2023, 02:26:42 AM »
Hate to ask for updates but it has been a few months and I'm just curious, anyone heard any news that I haven't?

As far as I know, the last was this from Clarste in August "Translation efforts are ongoing, but it’s more of a marathon than a sprint. Especially since we already left tons of text untranslated in previous games, like combat dialog and library stuff."    https://clarste.tumblr.com/post/724770716486107136/do-you-happen-to-know-if-the-fmw-complete-box

While it sounds like the 2025 at the earliest prediction is accurate, it definitely sounds like they are going the full mile for it to be as complete as the FMW 1 patch.......assuming they can change everything and not have the game brick (like FMW 2).  REALLY glad to hear the extra stuff is on the menu.