Author Topic: Neo Gensokyo Quest - Part 3  (Read 184985 times)

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Neo Gensokyo Quest - Part 3
« Reply #330 on: July 14, 2022, 04:30:53 PM »
Aya:

> "Great, thanks. Back in a flash."
> Take flight and head toward our non-tengu group.
> Along the way, before we get there: "So, how are you doing, 'Lady Himekaidou'?"
Aya:

> You head towards your party.
> "S-Still going on with the princess act? You miss carrying me that much?"

> Cirno looks to be absent. Though Satori and Koishi are here, as well as Utsuho and Orin.
>_
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #331 on: July 14, 2022, 04:39:15 PM »
Aya:

> "Oh, you know very well there's no part of your body I wouldn't love to have in my hands at all times. That 'Lady Himekaidou' stuff wasn't originally from me, though, one of the mob here started with that. You missed it because you were asleep at the time, but when we arrived back home, all Boss got was a 'Miss', and I didn't get any title whatsoever. They didn't even use my family name! But the rank-and-file know to put some respect on your name. Maybe Princess Bird was more apt than I originally figured."
> "Not that that's a problem, of course! Folks should be putting respect on your name. It does serve to emphasize my earlier point, though, Boss. I'm sure you don't really need the reminder, but your position is very precarious, and you'd serve yourself well dwelling on how you can maintain it, or if you even want to maintain it. I'm not going to tell you what to do, for reasons I think you can deduce on your own. But I will remind you of what I said earlier; I don't believe I've yet disobeyed a direct order from you today. Keep that in mind too."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #332 on: July 14, 2022, 04:46:48 PM »
Aya:

> "Oh, you know very well there's no part of your body I wouldn't love to have in my hands at all times. That 'Lady Himekaidou' stuff wasn't originally from me, though, one of the mob here started with that. You missed it because you were asleep at the time, but when we arrived back home, all Boss got was a 'Miss', and I didn't get any title whatsoever. They didn't even use my family name! But the rank-and-file know to put some respect on your name. Maybe Princess Bird was more apt than I originally figured."
> "Not that that's a problem, of course! Folks should be putting respect on your name. It does serve to emphasize my earlier point, though, Boss. I'm sure you don't really need the reminder, but your position is very precarious, and you'd serve yourself well dwelling on how you can maintain it, or if you even want to maintain it. I'm not going to tell you what to do, for reasons I think you can deduce on your own. But I will remind you of what I said earlier; I don't believe I've yet disobeyed a direct order from you today. Keep that in mind too."
Aya:

> "I know. I was going to try and throw you into lead over most of them some way, but you kept putting me up instead."
> "If it's a problem, I could-"
> "No, it's fine. Aya's clearly had this planned out. It'd worsen things to go against it now."

> "Welcome back, Big Bird." Tokiko greets.
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #333 on: July 14, 2022, 04:50:52 PM »
Aya:

> Wave at Tokiko.
> "Hey there, Little Bird. How you holding up?"

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #334 on: July 14, 2022, 04:52:04 PM »
Aya:

> Wave at Tokiko.
> "Hey there, Little Bird. How you holding up?"
Aya:

> "Fine. Sorta miss the surface already though. Less people falling on your head."
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #335 on: July 14, 2022, 04:53:56 PM »
Aya:

> "Oh, yeah, that green-haired girl, right? I don't think that'll be a problem again, but you shouldn't get complacent, just in case."
> Look to Koishi.
> "Hey there, Koishi. I guess we were both kinda right about getting back here. That wasn't remotely how I remember the tunnel going."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #336 on: July 14, 2022, 04:56:45 PM »
Aya:

> "Oh, yeah, that green-haired girl, right? I don't think that'll be a problem again, but you shouldn't get complacent, just in case."
> Look to Koishi.
> "Hey there, Koishi. I guess we were both kinda right about getting back here. That wasn't remotely how I remember the tunnel going."
Aya:

> "Told you. The others are weird too."
> "You should be more careful next time. You could've gotten stuck in the middle of those changes." Satori speaks.
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #337 on: July 14, 2022, 04:59:09 PM »
Aya:

> Look ever-so-slightly sheepish.
> Gesture back at the tengu crowd.
> "Well, I mean, I needed to reconnect with my sisters, and they were down here, so...things just kinda happened. Do you mean to say the tunnels themselves are still in the process of physically moving and changing? That's pretty wild if so, even given the circumstances."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #338 on: July 14, 2022, 05:04:12 PM »
Aya:

> Look ever-so-slightly sheepish.
> Gesture back at the tengu crowd.
> "Well, I mean, I needed to reconnect with my sisters, and they were down here, so...things just kinda happened. Do you mean to say the tunnels themselves are still in the process of physically moving and changing? That's pretty wild if so, even given the circumstances."
Aya:

> "I'm sorry, I was warning my sister." Satori explains. "I'm also no eyewitness, so I cannot say for sure, but I don't believe they're actively changing."
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #339 on: July 14, 2022, 05:08:22 PM »
Aya:

> "Oh, sorry, my mistake. I was going to wonder about that train, though, if the tunnels were still shifting...it can move pretty fast in two specific directions, but I don't know how well it can move in any of the other directions."
> Gesture at Koishi specifically while still talking to both Komeijis.
> "Regardless, it's good to see the primary mission of this subgroup going underground has been accomplished."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #340 on: July 14, 2022, 05:18:12 PM »
Aya:

> "Oh, sorry, my mistake. I was going to wonder about that train, though, if the tunnels were still shifting...it can move pretty fast in two specific directions, but I don't know how well it can move in any of the other directions."
> Gesture at Koishi specifically while still talking to both Komeijis.
> "Regardless, it's good to see the primary mission of this subgroup going underground has been accomplished."
Aya:

> "Thank you." Satori expresses.
> "What's our next focus, given Sanae is secure and you've tagged the Tengu down here?" Miko questions.
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #341 on: July 14, 2022, 05:48:33 PM »
Aya:

> "That's...a very difficult question for me specifically to answer. I can only really speak to and from my experiences as a rank-and-file karasu. But...well, okay. You are here, Lady Toyosatomimi, Lady Komeiji-"
> Gesture to each in turn as we say their names.
> "-and Lady Yakumo and a Daitengu are at least able to listen in. If people of your standings value the thoughts of someone of my standing, I can at least offer my broad opinion on the matter. "

> "So Gensokyo has radically changed on a fundamental level, blending our fantasy with the outside world's non-fantasy. To me, originally, the major overarching question was 'How do we change it back?'. After my experiences so far, though, it occurs to me that there's an even-more-basic question than that...and that question is 'Do we want to change it back?'. Some things that have changed as a result of this incident have been negative, or at least I'd argue they're negative, but other things that have changed have been positive, or at least seem positive on the surface. With that in mind, even if reverting everything were as simple as flipping a switch, I feel there should be some sort of Gensokyo-wide consensus on whether or not we should flip that switch at all."
> "So that would mean some sort of...I don't know, council, maybe? Involving those authority figures present and listening, as well as many others. Reimu would need to be involved. Lord Tenma, or someone representing them, would need to be involved. The Scarlets, the Netherworlders, the Lunarians, the Moriyas, Lady Hoshiguma, the Myourens, the Shining Needle Castle residents, they'd all need to be represented. I assume any decisions would require Ibaraki-douji and Matara-jin being on board, though Lady Yakumo can speak to that better than I. The Hieda clan deserves a seat at the metaphorical table. Depending on how Gensokyo-y they want to be, it may do to include the Kiketsu, Keiga, and Gouyoku alliances. Maybe even the Yorigami family. And there are probably others I'm forgetting about that can and should be considered. Whatever the details may end up being, I think it would be best for some group of people, one that represents as many different areas and people of Gensokyo as possible, were generally agreed to be qualified as decision-makers, at least for as long as Gensokyo-wide decisions need to be made, and then have that group of people make decisions on how to go forward with regard to the current circumstances."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #342 on: July 14, 2022, 06:16:48 PM »
Aya:

> "That's...a very difficult question for me specifically to answer. I can only really speak to and from my experiences as a rank-and-file karasu. But...well, okay. You are here, Lady Toyosatomimi, Lady Komeiji-"
> Gesture to each in turn as we say their names.
> "-and Lady Yakumo and a Daitengu are at least able to listen in. If people of your standings value the thoughts of someone of my standing, I can at least offer my broad opinion on the matter. "

> "So Gensokyo has radically changed on a fundamental level, blending our fantasy with the outside world's non-fantasy. To me, originally, the major overarching question was 'How do we change it back?'. After my experiences so far, though, it occurs to me that there's an even-more-basic question than that...and that question is 'Do we want to change it back?'. Some things that have changed as a result of this incident have been negative, or at least I'd argue they're negative, but other things that have changed have been positive, or at least seem positive on the surface. With that in mind, even if reverting everything were as simple as flipping a switch, I feel there should be some sort of Gensokyo-wide consensus on whether or not we should flip that switch at all."
> "So that would mean some sort of...I don't know, council, maybe? Involving those authority figures present and listening, as well as many others. Reimu would need to be involved. Lord Tenma, or someone representing them, would need to be involved. The Scarlets, the Netherworlders, the Lunarians, the Moriyas, Lady Hoshiguma, the Myourens, the Shining Needle Castle residents, they'd all need to be represented. I assume any decisions would require Ibaraki-douji and Matara-jin being on board, though Lady Yakumo can speak to that better than I. The Hieda clan deserves a seat at the metaphorical table. Depending on how Gensokyo-y they want to be, it may do to include the Kiketsu, Keiga, and Gouyoku alliances. Maybe even the Yorigami family. And there are probably others I'm forgetting about that can and should be considered. Whatever the details may end up being, I think it would be best for some group of people, one that represents as many different areas and people of Gensokyo as possible, were generally agreed to be qualified as decision-makers, at least for as long as Gensokyo-wide decisions need to be made, and then have that group of people make decisions on how to go forward with regard to the current circumstances."
Aya:

> "A wise thought. Gathering the voice of Gensokyo would avoid many conflicts from everyone trying to survive and thrive in the midst of this." Miko speaks. "I've been a bit narrow minded and only really concerned about the villagers, especially given that's the most drastically affected area we know of so far."

> "Daiyousei and Shingyoku both seem to be exercising some cautionary effort. The former bringing that Makai Goddess over to Gensokyo and... fixing an issue or two." Yukari speaks within you. "While the latter has aided in keeping more things,  mostly people, from passing into Gensokyo as much as recently. Given we have people like that, and probably more,  covering us, we may be able to gather up without too much issue."

> "But those issues likely still exist." Satorin speaks up. "It's likely many of Gensokyo's residents, especially those you mentioned with the most influence on an area, have problems of their own they'll be caught up in trying to fix before they'll want to discuss where to go next..."
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #343 on: July 14, 2022, 06:25:40 PM »
Aya:

> Nod at Satori.
> "Right. Just as one example, the Shining Needle Castle currently faces a pretty major crisis in that their home is still high in the air, but basically none of them can fly properly anymore, so they have no way of...really going anywhere or doing anything, to put it bluntly."
> "It might help if we had long-range communication set up for people of interest to use to contact each other. The kappa, or at least one specific genius inventor kappa, already has something like that going, but I've no idea how widespread it can be at the moment."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #344 on: July 14, 2022, 06:41:51 PM »
Aya:

> Nod at Satori.
> "Right. Just as one example, the Shining Needle Castle currently faces a pretty major crisis in that their home is still high in the air, but basically none of them can fly properly anymore, so they have no way of...really going anywhere or doing anything, to put it bluntly."
> "It might help if we had long-range communication set up for people of interest to use to contact each other. The kappa, or at least one specific genius inventor kappa, already has something like that going, but I've no idea how widespread it can be at the moment."
Aya:

> "I was working on long distance instantaneous movement, but I can start on that. I already made a few." Nitori speaks up.
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #345 on: July 14, 2022, 06:43:48 PM »
Aya:

> "If you wouldn't mind."
> Look back up to Miko and Satori.
> "I can deliver these devices easily enough as long as I know where the recipient is. The question, then, is who should we prioritize."
> "Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, it's a bit unrelated, but do either of you happen to know where Suika Ibuki is down here?"

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #346 on: July 14, 2022, 06:47:18 PM »
Aya:

> "If you wouldn't mind."
> Look back up to Miko and Satori.
> "I can deliver these devices easily enough as long as I know where the recipient is. The question, then, is who should we prioritize."
> "Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, it's a bit unrelated, but do either of you happen to know where Suika Ibuki is down here?"
Aya:

> "She's probably watching the fight over by the bridge." Koishi answers.
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #347 on: July 14, 2022, 06:48:03 PM »
Aya:

> Oh heck.
> Look over at the bridge. Who's fighting?

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #348 on: July 14, 2022, 06:51:38 PM »
Aya:

> Oh heck.
> Look over at the bridge. Who's fighting?
Aya:

> You can't see from here.
> "Oh right. Yuugi and Cirno wanted to duel." Tokiko adds.
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #349 on: July 14, 2022, 06:52:24 PM »
Aya:

> "Oh, so that's where-"
> Blink, then facepalm.
> "Oh no."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2022, 07:02:48 PM »
Aya:

> "Oh, so that's where-"
> Blink, then facepalm.
> "Oh no."
Aya:

> "What's wrong?" Tokiko asks.
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2022, 07:03:36 PM »
Aya:

> "The fight's not going to last very much longer now."
> Keep an eye out for the ice fairy's sudden arrival.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2022, 07:15:15 PM »
Aya:

> "The fight's not going to last very much longer now."
> Keep an eye out for the ice fairy's sudden arrival.
Aya:

> You get chills, but Cirno does not arrive to her call.
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2022, 07:18:21 PM »
Aya:

> Blink again.
> "Huh. Did she figure out how to control it?"
> Shake our head.
> "Well, whatever. Lady Toyosatomimi, Lady Komeiji, would you be willing to pardon me a moment whilst I track Miss Ibuki down? It would give you a chance to discuss amongst yourselves who you think is most worth getting one of the currently-precious-few communication devices our genius inventor kappa is so generously providing."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2022, 07:26:11 PM »
Aya:

> Blink again.
> "Huh. Did she figure out how to control it?"
> Shake our head.
> "Well, whatever. Lady Toyosatomimi, Lady Komeiji, would you be willing to pardon me a moment whilst I track Miss Ibuki down? It would give you a chance to discuss amongst yourselves who you think is most worth getting one of the currently-precious-few communication devices our genius inventor kappa is so generously providing."
Aya:

> "That said, I do need to get back to the mountain to get enough tools to work with." Nitori adds.
> "Sis, of course." Koishi says. "I've got things to deal with. Like my pets. Yours know you're fine,  Satori."
> "Mm... I suppose."
> "Go on ahead." Miko nods.
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2022, 07:29:07 PM »
Aya:

> Nod.
> "Alright. Be back in a moment."
> Take flight and begin heading toward where we think the bridge is.
> Along the way, before we arrive: "Okay, Boss. I guess you and I are going to need to have a serious private chat sometime real soon."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2022, 07:42:21 PM »
Aya:

> Nod.
> "Alright. Be back in a moment."
> Take flight and begin heading toward where we think the bridge is.
> Along the way, before we arrive: "Okay, Boss. I guess you and I are going to need to have a serious private chat sometime real soon."
Aya:

> You take off.
> "What have you done now?" Megumu sighs.
> You can see the two duelists and the bridge. Doesn't look like they're fighting right now for their gathered crowd
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2022, 07:51:08 PM »
Aya:

> "No, I mean, like, all the authority strawberries we keep trying to push on each other. It occurred to me during all that stuff I just said that, if I mean what I'm saying here, then I have to give honest, weighty consideration to what you're saying. In the immediate, I would honestly still really rather not be admin, but if you, of all people, are trying to push me toward that, then you must have a good reason for doing so, and if it would possibly be to the benefit of our people and Gensokyo on the whole, then I owe it to you and to everyone to at least entertain the idea. Obviously Lord Tenma would need to voice their thoughts as well before we really did anything meaningful, but...yeah. I guess that...it's a bit hard to put it into words. I guess that it's not that I want Shameimaru and Boss to have a serious private chat...it's that I want Aya and Megumu to have a serious private chat, so I can best know where I stand on things. If that makes sense."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 08:29:53 PM by Kilgamayan »

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2022, 09:32:31 PM »
Aya:

> "No, I mean, like, all the authority strawberries we keep trying to push on each other. It occurred to me during all that stuff I just said that, if I mean what I'm saying here, then I have to give honest, weighty consideration to what you're saying. In the immediate, I would honestly still really rather not be admin, but if you, of all people, are trying to push me toward that, then you must have a good reason for doing so, and if it would possibly be to the benefit of our people and Gensokyo on the whole, then I owe it to you and to everyone to at least entertain the idea. Obviously Lord Tenma would need to voice their thoughts as well before we really did anything meaningful, but...yeah. I guess that...it's a bit hard to put it into words. I guess that it's not that I want Shameimaru and Boss to have a serious private chat...it's that I want Aya and Megumu to have a serious private chat, so I can best know where I stand on things. If that makes sense."
Aya:

> "Im sure everyone in here thinks youd be- no, that you are a good leader. Though I do understand it's a different case to think about if we're talking about leading a small group versus a large one. If you're not confident in that, for one reason or another, let's just continue through your current plan. It's just a bit of a step up for me, but it'd be a large leap for you, on top of what you've been doing already."
>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2022, 09:36:01 PM »
Aya:

> "Well, like I said, let's you and I chat about it at some point in the near future."
> "Mildly unrelated, but would you like your shirt back? Serious time seems to be ramping up, so I imagine you want to be presentable to both Lord Tenma and random strangers."