Author Topic: Which video games (non-Touhou) would you play with your Touhou / Seihou girl?  (Read 7268 times)

Madame Emiko

• Shingon-mitama no Kuusou Tenshi
  • Artistic Talent in Full Bloom!
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
NOTE: Plz don't be angry at me because i discuss about Seihou in MoTK. You know, Seihou is distantly related to Touhou since IIRC ZUN works on it. It also has several similarities with Touhou.

Recently I've just seen a post about which movies should we seen with our fav Touhou girls. Now as my first topic here, I am going to present you the choice of choosing which video game (non-Touhou nor Seihou) would you play with your favourite Touhou girl. As a bonus, I will allow you to pick a Seihou character that you like in addition to picking a Touhou character that you like.

My choices:

- Play OMORI with Satori Komeiji in order to show her the consequences of being a hikikomori for life, and encourages her to be more open with strangers and friends.
- Play Yume Nikki with Doremy in order to make her see how weird people's dreams are, in an attempt to confuse her and do a little bit of trolling on her :meiling:
- Play GTA with Reisen to show her what is true action (no intention to make her commit crimes, I want to play GTA with her just for fun).
- Play Deltarune with Muse (Seihou) because Deltarune's story is the inspiration for the story of a Seihou fangame I am going to make, which can evoke some memories of her adventures while we are playing Deltarune together. :notes:
- Play Friday Night Funkin' and its mods with Raiko in order to show how good are FNF music, and to show her the most poggers bits of modern music.

If you have any ideas on which video games would you like to play with your favourite Touhou / Seihou character, feel free to reply to this post.

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
Based on my Touhou Sorter results, my top 10 are below in order from 10 to 1.

10) Rinnosuke: Probably some shopkeeping tycoon game.
9) Sakuya: Perhaps that one game called House Flippers, where you're pretty much cleaning up disgusting, run-down houses.
8) Momiji: Some sort of game about being a guard (couldn't find anything specific).
7) Reimu: I never thought about it until now, but Reimu is somewhat of a superhero, at least in terms of powers and incident-resolving. So I would choose what I believe to be the best superhero game ever: Spider-Man for the PS4.
6) Marisa: An Elder Scrolls game. While I have played Oblivion (I only remember the beginning though), Skyrim would probably be a better option because of its expansive number of mods to download.
5) Alice: The Sims. You basically control semi-sentient dolls in those games.
4) Koakuma: I wouldn't know. Almost everything is fanon in regards to anything relating to her, except a short description by ZUN that only says that she's troublesome and mischievous like a fairy. I don't get into fanon much anyway, and at this point I've been researching video games relating to characters' traits (from little to no avail) for 80 minutes so I'm just moving on.
3) Yuuka: Plants vs. Zombies. Sounds fitting.
2) Nitori: Probably Minecraft because of its various engineering elements.

And finally, my favorite.
1) Okuu: Probably the easiest answer for me, which is the Fallout series. I mean, it's all about a post-apocalyptic wasteland caused by the Cold War never ending, resulting in total nuclear annihilation. It was also once my favorite game of all time, so I could be by her side, guiding her through it all. Ok I need to stop before I fangirl about her all day. And to stop fantasizing about being her girlfriend

Madame Emiko

• Twitter
    • YouTube
MOAR:

- Play Angels of Death with Yumemi and Muse (Seihou) in order to show them how cruel the characters of the game are, and how rotten the people of the modern times (such as the characters in the game) are compared to the people of the past who values traditional moralities. (But also partially for the church-themed stage in that game)
- Play a city-building / political simulation game with Miko, since she is based on a historical political figure.
- Play Touken Ranbu with Youmu because the game is about handsome swordsmen guys who represents Japanese swords in history.
- Play Fate / EXTRA or Fate / Extella with Remilia since it somewhat reminds her of her supposed heritage...
- Trolling your friends in Minecraft Co-Op mode with Yukari by making her put up several Nether / End portals and have them enter it, only to have Yukari smashing the portals right after they enter it.
- Also play Minecraft with Momoyo / Keiki because obvious.

Hope this sounds interesting!

Goomba98

• The Kinda Chestnut-Looking Guy
  • In the process of getting a new lease on life.
    • TheGoomba98#9202
    • Steam
NOTE: Plz don't be angry at me because i discuss about Seihou in MoTK. You know, Seihou is distantly related to Touhou since IIRC ZUN works on it. It also has several similarities with Touhou.

Dude, I won't be angry with you! Because Seihou is basically an offshoot of Touhou, but it's not big or popular enough to have its own forum like Len'en, I'm certain this is the best place to discuss it. I even had to revert a few edits on the Touhou Wiki made by someone who apparently thinks it shouldn't have Seihou information. I'm also one of those people who thinks things like Seihou need more love, so I'm totally cool with you mentioning Seihou here. Hell, I'm even glad that you're making a Seihou fangame! A Seihou fangame!! Those are three words I never thought I'd see together before I read this thread! Bonus points since your fangame is inspired by Deltarune, which I bet is going to be my favorite indie RPG when it's finished. You go, big guy or girl!

But enough of that. Here's my ACTUAL contribution to the thread: (I hope it's okay that some of these characters aren't my absolute favorites.)

• Because Kasen Ibaraki has the ability to guide animals, I'd LOVE to play Pokémon with her. (Pokémon is actually my second favorite game series behind Touhou.)
  • In terms of specific Pokémon games, I bet Tenshi Hinanawi would be interested in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team because the plot of that game is all about natural disasters, just like SWR.
  • I'd play Portal with Yukari Yakumo for obvious reasons, but also to see if she could manipulate the boundary between Touhou and Portal so she can show up as a character in that game and both cheat through the puzzles and troll GLaDOS.
  • Yuuma Toutetsu would probably love the Kirby series, because Yuuma and Kirby basically have the same ability (absorbing anything and making it their own power).
  • For today's Seihou-related thing, I want to see Erich play Kirby: Planet Robobot, because the dynamic between Erich and his daughter Vivit is STRIKINGLY similar to the dynamic between President Haltmann and his daughter Susie: both scientists here founded companies that tried to make a scientific revolution (Erich wants to harness cactus power and Haltmann wanted to achieve eternal prosperity by invading other planets), and both their daughters got lost in another dimension after a scientific accident.

As is usual for these threads, I'm going to edit this post with more ideas if nobody else posts in-between.

Madame Emiko

• Twitter
    • YouTube
Bonus points since your fangame is inspired by Deltarune, which I bet is going to be my favorite indie RPG when it's finished. You go, big guy or girl!

Yeah, my fangame is inspired by not only Deltarune, but also Genshin Impact (which is like a fad right now) and magical girl anime such as Sailor Moon and Pretty Cure.

And plus despite I am a girl IRL, feel free to call me they / them since I like gender anonymity online.

BONUS (moar):
- Play Undertale with Eiki, so that she will know the black-and-white morality seen in that game (namely the routes of Pacifist, Neutral and Genocide)
- Play any of the Saints Row games with any of the animal mafia characters (Yachie, Saki, Yuuma), since Saints Row is basically a game series about a crime gang, albeit might or might not be a big organized crime gang.
- Play any of the Persona games with Sumireko, since Persona is a game series filled to the brim with esoteric references (including tarot, psychology, and religious themes)
- Play any of the games in the Pretty Rhythm series with the Prismriver sisters (might or might include Raiko as their bandmate) since Pretty Rhythm series is a game series revolving around idols and music.
- Play Counter-Strike or Team Fortress 2 with Gates (Seihou) because as far as I know, his clothing kinda reminds me of a military shooter / sniper.

Hope you found them interesting!

Hello! This is my frist post on MotK, after days of lurking here, i wanted to contribute on this thread because it fascinates me in some way. So here are my thoughts!

• Reisen
I would like to introduce her to the Serious Sam (probably the classics) games because for the fast-paced nonstop-action gameplay it has.
You face hordes of enemies incluiding headless kamikazes running at you or Alien Cyborgs with equipped with Lazers and Rocket launchers.
Or probably Killing Floor because of the gunplay,  surely she'll enjoy exterminating specimens with Akimbo Desert Eagles on a Lunar Base. with a grin on her face...

• Cirno
I think she would enjoy more playing 'basic' platformers, because i dont think she will have enough patience for challenging games.
Introducing her to Super Mario World on the SNES would be really fun, showing her secrets paths and strategies will be enough for her to play on her own.

1) Okuu: Probably the easiest answer for me, which is the Fallout series. I mean, it's all about a post-apocalyptic wasteland caused by the Cold War never ending, resulting in total nuclear annihilation. It was also once my favorite game of all time, so I could be by her side, guiding her through it all.

Hum... I wonder what kind of Fallout game Utsuho will play? I think she would be the kind of gal that prefers to shoot instead of talking, probably Bethesda's Fallout 3 will be good for her, because of the Balance of Action and Simplicity it has, but i think you will have a better answer than me! '^^
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 07:12:38 AM by Not a Lunatic »

Madame Emiko

• Twitter
    • YouTube
MOAR:
- Play any of the games in the Persona series with Sumireko (best choice is Persona 5 since that is the most well-known game of the Persona series), since Persona is about mysterious / esoteric aspects.
- Play Plants vs. Zombies with Yuuka and Yoshika, since obvious. Wonder if there are any PvZ PvP games. If there are any, then I would arrange Yuuka to battle against Yoshika, to which I would frequently buffed Yuuka so that she would always win Yoshika in such matches.
- Play Hollow Knight with Wriggle, since obvious (Wriggle is almost literally an INSECT, and Hollow Knight is a game about insects)
Hope this is a good addition to the list!

Goomba98

• The Kinda Chestnut-Looking Guy
  • In the process of getting a new lease on life.
    • TheGoomba98#9202
    • Steam
- Play any of the games in the Persona series with Sumireko (best choice is Persona 5 since that is the most well-known game of the Persona series), since Persona is about mysterious / esoteric aspects.
Why stop with the Persona games? Wouldn't Sumireko also like a lot of the games in the greater Megami Tensei series, as they explore some of the same themes in Persona (though with much less focus on the psychology aspect)? I actually think ZUN himself is a big fan of Megami Tensei, as xJeePx (someone who made English patches for the PC-98 Touhou games) pointed out that a lot of things from the PC-98 Touhou games, especially Makai-related stuff, reference Megami Tensei. I bet all this is why Potemki11 (the creator of Udongein X) is making a MegaTen-inspired Touhou fangame where you play as Sumireko; I hope they include PC-98 references in that game like in Udongein X. Therefore, I think I'd play an old Megami Tensei game with Sumireko.

My pick would be Left 4 Dead 2 with the Prismriver Ensemble, can see how they might not approve of the game's attitude towards the undead, and I don't suppose I could trust them completely to not abandon me at the end of a campaign and Leave me For Dead(tm), but I can't really think of any better four player co-op games that I've played, and I'd rather not just go with the extremely mundane and obvious option of Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

Madame Emiko

• Twitter
    • YouTube
Why stop with the Persona games? Wouldn't Sumireko also like a lot of the games in the greater Megami Tensei series, as they explore some of the same themes in Persona (though with much less focus on the psychology aspect)? I actually think ZUN himself is a big fan of Megami Tensei, as xJeePx (someone who made English patches for the PC-98 Touhou games) pointed out that a lot of things from the PC-98 Touhou games, especially Makai-related stuff, reference Megami Tensei. I bet all this is why Potemki11 (the creator of Udongein X) is making a MegaTen-inspired Touhou fangame where you play as Sumireko; I hope they include PC-98 references in that game like in Udongein X. Therefore, I think I'd play an old Megami Tensei game with Sumireko.

Actually, Persona deals more with mystic / abstract things like tarot and psychology, which would fit Sumireko better than Megami Tensei. Personally I would prefer to play Megami Tensei with Yumemi more (based on my HC where she is heading to study theology in order to become the first theology professor in her family's institute).

Plus Persona is more modern in setting than the Megami Tensei series, to which Sumireko would appreciate since she is a girl from the modern times. In Persona there are also characters that would be symbolic of today's youth cultures (which is also something Sumi would appreciate): For example, Futaba Sakura (or whatever we called that long-haired girl with glasses in Persona series) would represent the hikokomori / otaku culture.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:13:03 AM by KharaPlz »