Author Topic: VSync patch not working for EoSD with wine  (Read 6369 times)

JasonS05

VSync patch not working for EoSD with wine
« on: January 14, 2022, 04:57:58 AM »
I have the EoSD English patch version on my Ubuntu machine and it works great with wine, but there's one problem: the window is absolutely tiny (640x480 on a 1920x1080 monitor). Of course there's no way I can play effectively like that. So, I downloaded the VSync patch and put vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini, and vpatch_th06_unicode.dll in the EoSD folder and launched the game through vpatch.exe instead and it worked great (after renaming th06e.exe to 東方紅魔郷.exe of course), except that the VSync patch didn't do anything (as far as I can tell it's as if I just launched 東方紅魔郷.exe directly). I know it's not working because I changed the resolution in the vpatch.ini file to 1280x960 but the game is still 640x480. I also tried changing other settings such as FPS and VSync (which should bump up my fps to 120) but the game stubbornly refused to run at anything other than 60 fps. I've tried googling, searching on other forum posts, and just doing everything I could think of, but the VSync patch just isn't working. With no other solution in sight, I've come here and made this post.

P.S.: I'm running the game through this .sh file:

cd "/path/to/EoSD/folder/"
wine ./vpatch.exe

JasonS05

Re: VSync patch not working for EoSD with wine
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 09:58:23 PM »
Okay I got it working, I was just a little bit of an idiot to not try this sooner. Turns out the resolution changes only happen in windowed mode, and to enable windowed mode I need to set "enabled = 1"  under the [Window] section of the .ini file. I had assumed that the resolution change worked in full-screen mode too which is why I hadn't tried this before, but apparently that's not the case. The game still won't run at anything other than 60 fps and I don't think the VSync is working, but that's not a problem for me since I only care about the resolution right now.