Author Topic: Marisa Quest  (Read 3299 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Marisa Quest
« on: September 08, 2021, 04:46:59 PM »
// Let's see how this goes...

>You are Marisa Kirisame, and you want a firetruck.
>You read about them once in a book you borrowed from Rinnosuke. At the time you just thought of them as "one of those Outside World things", but as you watch your house burn to the ground around you you can't help but wish they were in Gensokyo, too.

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 07:19:08 PM »
>What's our body condition? #I'd make the "Check our chest growth" joke but that seems unfitting considering the fire.
>Do we know how our house got torched? Potion brewing gone wrong? Tongue slipped while incanting? Wait... Don't say that our Mini-Hakkero became sentient again?!

>Did we grab our important stuff?
>>On that note: Full Inventory, please.

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 08:04:55 PM »
>What do we know about fire trucks?

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 10:56:32 PM »
>What's our body condition? #I'd make the "Check our chest growth" joke but that seems unfitting considering the fire.
>Do we know how our house got torched? Potion brewing gone wrong? Tongue slipped while incanting? Wait... Don't say that our Mini-Hakkero became sentient again?!

>Did we grab our important stuff?
>>On that note: Full Inventory, please.
>You're fine, though your clothes are a little singed.
>You were doing some maintenance on your mini-hakkero when it suddenly sparked and lit the house on fire. Thankfully it was pointing away from you when it lit up.
>However, you're pretty sure you disabled your mini-hakkero before starting maintenance. And disabling it is a pretty tedious process that requires tools--you'd think you'd remember if you forgot to do it.

>Inventory:
>>Mini-Hakkero: Your trusty mini-hakkero. You use this thing a lot in your attacks, most notably your signature Master Spark. It should be disabled right now, but you're not sure if it actually is.
>>Spell Cards: Your spell cards. You always carry these things with you. They've stayed pretty much the same since the IN incident. Some of them use your mini-hakkero.

>The only other object you would consider important that's not already on you would be your broom. It's sitting near the entrance.

>What do we know about fire trucks?
>The book you borrowed had a lot of pictures, so you have a pretty good idea of what they look like. You also know that they can shoot out a lot of water if given a source.

Okuu's Fallout

  • Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 11:38:42 PM »
> Desperately and quickly grab it without concern for our safety #Since we're Marisa.

>Doesn't Patchouli know water magic? Could she get here in time?

// I'd think Marisa would do something like that, but I'm not 100% sure.

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 02:14:29 AM »
> Desperately and quickly grab it without concern for our safety #Since we're Marisa.

>Doesn't Patchouli know water magic? Could she get here in time?

// I'd think Marisa would do something like that, but I'm not 100% sure.
>You quickly grab your broom before it catches fire. Honestly, you're pretty surprised it hasn't already burned up.

>Your house is already pretty crispy. It doesn't seem likely that you'll be able to save it.

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 07:10:23 PM »
>We could grab some water? Don't we have some of that for potion brewing?
>>Actually whatever amount of water we have couldn't possibly solve a house fire.


>Leave before we burn down with the house!

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 12:40:57 AM »
>We could grab some water? Don't we have some of that for potion brewing?
>>Actually whatever amount of water we have couldn't possibly solve a house fire.


>Leave before we burn down with the house!
>You quickly get the heck out of dodge.

>As you reach the edge of the clearing, you turn around just in time to see your house collapse. Good thing you left when you did.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 06:10:33 AM »
> Affirm that we have our Tsuchinoko as well. Or that it's already somewhere safe. Or that Tsuchinoko Not Real
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 06:14:12 AM »
>The books we borrowed from Patchouli, are they protected by magic?

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 04:05:36 PM »
>As the fire winds down, you think about other things you own (or "own").

> Affirm that we have our Tsuchinoko as well. Or that it's already somewhere safe. Or that Tsuchinoko Not Real
>As time has passed, you've allowed the Tsuchinoko to roam around a little and hunt for food. Today is no exception. Your Tsuchinoko should be fine.
>On the other hand, you don't know where it hunts. So where it is right now is an open question.

>The books we borrowed from Patchouli, are they protected by magic?
>They are. All of Patchouli's books are protected against potential threats, and fires are no exception.

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 08:32:17 PM »
>Who could we call for help in removing the rubble?
>>Alice might be nearby?
>>Patchouli? But she might ask us give back the stuff we borrowed!
>>Reimu? But how would we convince her to help?

>Make a mental note to go to Kourin for a check-up on the Mini-Hakkero when we can.

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2021, 09:52:08 PM »
>Who could we call for help in removing the rubble?
>>Alice might be nearby?
>>Patchouli? But she might ask us give back the stuff we borrowed!
>>Reimu? But how would we convince her to help?

>Make a mental note to go to Kourin for a check-up on the Mini-Hakkero when we can.
>All of those people would probably help you if you asked them.

>You make a note to bring the mini-hakkero to Kourin when you have the time.

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 10:05:20 PM »
>Alright, Alice is our neighbour and therefore the closest. Let's go to her house on our broom!

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2021, 02:16:44 AM »
>Alright, Alice is our neighbour and therefore the closest. Let's go to her house on our broom!
>With the fire pretty much over, you hop on your broom and fly off to Alice's house.

>It's not long before you arrive. A few dolls are flying about, but the place is otherwise quiet.

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2021, 01:41:46 PM »
>Walk to the front door and knock.
>Shout out "Hey, Alice! You in?! I've got somethin' urgent to talk about!"

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2021, 03:38:41 PM »
>Walk to the front door and knock.
>Shout out "Hey, Alice! You in?! I've got somethin' urgent to talk about!"
>You knock on the door and shout out. Soon enough you hear a voice from inside.
>"You don't have to shout Marisa, I heard the knocks just fine."
>Alice opens the door.
>"Besides, the dolls let me know I..." Alice hesitates.
>"What happened to your clothes?"

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2021, 04:03:12 PM »
>"This?  Just dirty from redecorating.  Can I get you to lend a hand? My place burned to the ground."

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2021, 07:34:21 PM »
>"This?  Just dirty from redecorating.  Can I get you to lend a hand? My place burned to the ground."
>Alice flinches. "What!?"
>"What do you mean, your place burned down!?"

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2021, 12:52:41 PM »
>Say deadpanned: "I mean my house burned down."
>"My house is now rubble 'cause of a malfunction. I need to clear the place to recover some stuff and maybe rebuild it."
>"I figured 'cause you're my neighbour, and ya got technically more than two hands, you could help? Please?"

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2021, 10:38:47 PM »
>Say deadpanned: "I mean my house burned down."
>"My house is now rubble 'cause of a malfunction. I need to clear the place to recover some stuff and maybe rebuild it."
>"I figured 'cause you're my neighbour, and ya got technically more than two hands, you could help? Please?"
>Alice takes a second to compose herself before nodding.
>"Of course I'll help. Lead the way."
>A few dolls gather around her.

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2021, 02:34:32 PM »
>Head back to our house, or what remains of it, with Alice.
>>Make some small talk. "So, how you been? Any plans, or was ya day boring 'til I came?"

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 03:01:12 AM »
>Head back to our house, or what remains of it, with Alice.
>>Make some small talk. "So, how you been? Any plans, or was ya day boring 'til I came?"
>You start heading back home with Alice.
>"I'm fine. I was planning to do some cleaning before you showed up."
>"What I'm curious about is what you were doing to cause your house to burn down."

Okuu's Fallout

  • Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2021, 12:50:11 PM »
>You start heading back home with Alice.
>"I'm fine. I was planning to do some cleaning before you showed up."
>"What I'm curious about is what you were doing to cause your house to burn down."
>"Ah. I was doing some maintenance on my mini-hakkero before it sparked and burned the place down..."
>"I swear I deactivated it though..."

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2021, 03:36:13 AM »
>"Ah. I was doing some maintenance on my mini-hakkero before it sparked and burned the place down..."
>"I swear I deactivated it though..."
>"Is it deactivated now?"

Okuu's Fallout

  • Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2021, 12:54:56 PM »
>"Is it deactivated now?"
>"..."
>"I don't know. I was too busy with getting out that I didn't do anything else. Plus, I need the correct tools to do it, and those're probably gone with the fire."

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2021, 07:54:28 PM »
>". . .That is a very good question."

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2021, 12:00:18 AM »
>"..."
>"I don't know. I was too busy with getting out that I didn't do anything else. Plus, I need the correct tools to do it, and those're probably gone with the fire."
>". . .That is a very good question."
>"Maybe there's some way we could figure out if it's deactivated, even without those tools."
>"Do you have it with you now?"

Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »
>"Yeah."
>Pull the Mini-Hakkero out.
>"I'm planning on getting Rinnosuke to look at it after clearing the rubble."

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Marisa Quest
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2021, 06:04:19 PM »
>"Yeah."
>Pull the Mini-Hakkero out.
>"I'm planning on getting Rinnosuke to look at it after clearing the rubble."
>"Oh, I see."
>Alice pauses.
>"Though, is it really a good idea to be carrying it around like this? What if it flares up again?"