Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F  (Read 15987 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2020, 06:06:02 AM »
No. Some text will just overflow, still. Although when I tried it in Wine, the font did look a bit weirder than Windows, but it was still playable, I guess.

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2020, 08:29:43 AM »
Having difficulty getting the text to display right in Wine. I downloaded that meiryo font and put it in c:\windows\fonts, but it's still using a font that's too wide for the text box. Did I miss a step?

have you tried putting it in the "~/.fonts" folder and then running fc-cache? i think wine reads from there too

VIVIT

• Cactus-powered autonomous domestic appliance
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2020, 05:29:48 PM »
No. Some text will just overflow, still. Although when I tried it in Wine, the font did look a bit weirder than Windows, but it was still playable, I guess.
The issue is that I cannot get the font to change. It is still the same small-enough-to-be-hard-to-read-but-wide-enough-to-overflow monospace typeface.
have you tried putting it in the "~/.fonts" folder and then running fc-cache? i think wine reads from there too
Yes. I've also tried putting it in the system-wide font directories. But again, no change.

« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2020, 06:23:13 PM »
Are you talking about Labyrinth 1 or 2? Because 2 should have a readable font by default

1 also has a better font than default, but only worked for me when I launched the exe in japanese locale using locale emulator, no idea if wine has an option for this

VIVIT

« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2020, 02:02:12 AM »
Labyrinth 2. By default it had rectangles. After installing some fonts, it had this too-wide-but-still-too-small monospace type.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2020, 08:28:58 AM »
For whatever it's worth, I had a very similar problems with LoT 2 at first. Running it normally would present a font that appears to match the one in your screenshot; it actually cuts off both horizontally and vertically. Running it with Japanese locale (I'm using a separate piece of software here, for reasons I can't remember anymore) produces a font that still sometimes cuts off half a letter on the right, but is otherwise perfectly functional and readable. I'm a "proud" Windows user though, so no idea if this is feasible in Wine.

VIVIT

« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2020, 04:12:27 AM »
Aaaand that would be it. A locale issue. It turns out that HerbalNekoTea's shift-JIS locale files (which I mentioned in my own thread about running Seihou in wine) were the missing link in this case.

« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2020, 04:54:33 AM »
Might you be able to link us to that thread? I can't find it on search and I'm interested in playing this game under Linux too

VIVIT

« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2020, 05:21:18 AM »
Here's the thread, and here's the relevant link from that thread. That page explains matters. Apparently it's a huge breakthrough for playing visual novels on Linux, too.

VIVIT

« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2020, 08:08:46 PM »
Another question. Is there a way to make the game display bigger? If I try to maximize the window, the display stays the same size in the corner and the rest of the window is all black.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2020, 08:27:43 PM »
Resizing by dragging the edge of the window works fine for me...

« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2020, 08:56:48 PM »
Labyrinth 1 can't be resized by normal means but has a very buggy fullscreen mode, 2 can be scaled drawing the edges of the window but that will butcher the pixel fidelity, so i dont like using it.

VIVIT

« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2020, 10:36:26 PM »
not for me lol
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2020, 11:36:12 PM »
On Windows you can sort of force a fullscreen mode using third party software, but again, no idea if this can be done with Wine.

Then again your screenshot looks perfect, why attempt to improve perfection?

VIVIT

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2020, 01:13:28 AM »
Because that resolution is tiny on my monitor.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2020, 02:05:40 AM »
Because that resolution is tiny on my monitor.
I know, I was just kidding about the second screenshot! It's broken but beautiful.

Is the program I linked a viable option?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 02:09:51 AM by nav »

« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2020, 02:48:13 AM »
Easiest solution I can think off is changing resolution of the screen to something smaller, so the small screen will fill more, but it will look awful.

Either that or using a windows system and try it there, the windows resize drag works perfectly on windows but the pixels will be a bit blurry, and that annoys me a bit, dual boot should be an option if you know how to set it up