Author Topic: An Out of Context Incident  (Read 84125 times)

Re: An Out of Context Incident
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2021, 10:50:20 PM »
>What is our opinion on killing fairies? Are we indifferent, or against it by nature?
>You're indifferent.
->Sidhe and fairies are both fae but aren't the same 'species'*.

*Quotes because magic allows lineages that normally shouldn't exist

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2021, 10:56:02 PM »
>Can our cloaking spell extend to Marisa?
>Can we muffle sounds?
>How much energy would it take to do so in either case?

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2021, 12:27:24 AM »
>Can our cloaking spell extend to Marisa?
>Can we muffle sounds?
>How much energy would it take to do so in either case?
>You've never made another invisible, but you believe you can
>Yes. 

>The invisibility you have no idea, a glamour would cost 1 to use it on Marisa and maintain it, and muffling noise would cost 1 energy per person.

« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2021, 01:57:05 PM »
>"What if we mix approaches?"
>"I could use Glamour to make myself look like a regular fairy maid and approach."
>"Then you can be... yourself, and blast them before rushing in. And I move in after, with any number of excuses. Like 'chasing' you."
>"This allows me more time, and allows you to follow your usual instincts. A good start, is it not?"

« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2021, 09:25:49 AM »
>"It should work. Plenty of fairies get in my way to get out of work."

>Marisa nods to herself, "Yep, some of them come looking for me, some pop themselves, and others hide.  If ya get lost then just follow one of the fairy maids."

>The witch's eyes move from you back to the yard, "You'll hafta make sure none of them see ya coming in.  Ready?"

« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2021, 03:16:23 PM »
>"A Mix of Invisibility to get into position, then Glamour should do it."
>"I'll use Invisibility, rush to the statues to hide myself. Then use Glamour and emerge as you rush in."
>"I'm ready."

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2021, 06:27:08 AM »
>Marisa straddles her broom

>You are thrown off you feet and onto your back
->Pain throbs through your body momentarily
-->You can see through bottom of the bush and the ground Marisa and the fairies.

>All the fairies scream in surprise
->The fairies near the flowers dive into the beds.  The screams from the fairies from the hedge maze turn from shock to delight as they charge the witch.

>Several balls of light flash into existence in Marisa's hand before the orbs rush into the fairies and explode leaving a shimmering powder where a small humanoid had been.  Soon Marisa disappears from sight.

« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2021, 09:13:47 PM »
>Recover. That broom has the blowback of an RPG mixed with the speed of a Motorcycle!

>Follow the plan
>>Activate invisibility to approach the statues for a blind-spot.
>>>Glamour to make ourselves look like a fairy maid. Should be easy, just our current body in the maid's uniform.

>'Chase' (Read: Follow) Marisa.

« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2021, 10:30:08 PM »
//Sorry for the delay

>With a gentle push of your spirit your form vanishes from sight. Your body silently floats over the bush and to the statue.
>Dazed fairies push themselves out of the flowerbeds.  The lawn near the maze glitters from the new coat of fairy dust

>The surviving fairies go back to their work except for a few surviving fairies that were working on the hedge.  They pay you no mind as you cross the yard and hop through an open window.

>The house has a thick scarlet carpet and walls adored with old electric lights.  Doors line the hallway you found yourself in.

>As your following the glitter you are tackled from behind to the floor by a larger being.  A much bigger fairy maid has sat herself down on you.

>"I caught her!" The maid yells.  The shuffle of feet sound from behind doors.

« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2021, 05:30:02 PM »
>"W-wait! The Black-white intruder might get away! Why are you sitting on me?!"
>Try to get out from under the fairy maid.

« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2021, 06:14:36 PM »
>You squirm and wiggle a few inches out from underneath the larger fairy.

>"Nice try, but. . ."
->The maid's hand slides through your hair

>"Oh, uh. . .you aren't that fairy.  Sorry. . ."
>The fairy maid gets up with a red face and an uneasy smile.

« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »
>"Which fairy are you talking about? Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop."
>"Are we dealing with multiple intruders in one day? I would rather prioritise the witch."
>Look at the trail of glitter, if it starts disappearing then continue the chase.

« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2021, 11:27:34 AM »
>"The fairy who stole the name May. She was calling herself Mayrisa."

>Stealing a name.  Mayrisa either made the person unable to use that name for themselves or stole all the traits that made them unique.

>"Oh, you must be new.  That's why I didn't recognize you. No, I thought you might be the fairy.  I don't think we can win Miss Patchouli's prize,  but I can help you if you want."

>The glitter seems to be staying.

« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2021, 10:41:48 PM »
>"...Ah, I see."
>>Ogle Examine the large fairy. Anything that stands out apart from her size?

>"Let's walk, or rather fly, and talk."
>>Follow the fairy dust/glitter.
>>"So, could you give me more information about the 'stolen name' situation? I might need a reminder."

« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2021, 04:57:29 AM »
>The larger fairy looks older than your current form, her wings are too small, and she has very curly black hair.  She could be in her early adolescence.
>A necklace adorns the fairy's neck and she has earrings unlike the fairies you've seen since waking up.

>The maid nods and walks after you.
>"You have to work here awhile before you hear about it.  So, the fairy was nameless and ran into an outsider."

>The fairy raises a hand, "It didn't go the way anyone would expect.  Seeing the outsider got her curious and the two talked, but eventually the fairy got jealous and killed the outsider before stealing the outsider's name: May."

>She shakes her head, "Disgusting, but not the worst."

>"She came. . ." The maid's face turned red while her body shook. "She came here and practiced martial arts with Meiling.  That fairy started to call herself Mayling!" From the fairy's mouth came a grinding noise of teeth.

« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2021, 06:00:15 PM »
#Sorry for the extremely late response. No excuses.

>Ruminate on the latest iteration of this... Phenomenon: Mayrisa. This explains why she's so eccentric, but also increases her possible danger. Questions on the outsider can wait for now.
>Put a hand on our chin. "...So we have a habitual name-changing, or stealing, fairy on the loose? Sounds terrible combined with the Witch breaking in."

« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2021, 04:59:30 AM »
>Mayrisa could have just stolen the name so no one could ever call the human by that name.  The other possibility is Mayrisa took everything that made that human them and added it to herself.  The Sidhe blacksmiths used a similar proccess to add traits to their wares.

>The bigger fairy scratches her cheek, "Maybe?  She doesn't always come with Marisa, but the fairy always goes towards the library."
"Marisa annoys Miss Patchouli,  but is liked by everyone here."

>Descending a set of stairs leads you to a hallway in front of a set of giant doors that stand ajar.

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2021, 05:00:46 PM »
>Ah, her coming with Marisa and always going to the library points towards Mayrisa adding or stealing attributes to herself. But Marisa still being identifiable as Marisa moves it away from 'stealing' and towards simply adding. We may need to confront her about that some day.
>Do we know how the Sidhe blacksmiths' process of trait addition and transference work in our world? What did it require?

>Look at the doors, then at the large fairy.
>"I'm guessing this is the library?"
>"And before we continue, what's your name? If you have one. I'd like to have some way to refer to you."

« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2022, 06:51:34 AM »
>The smiths have kept trait addition and transference a tightly held secret.
>There have been rumors that the smiths shape their wares to give them traits of the objects they mimic, they trade contradictory traits, or the metal works have figure out how to change traits to their opposites.

>The fairy maid knocks hard enough on the door to open it the rest of the way.  Bookcases litter the room and extend towards the roof.  The back of the room is so distant that you cannot see it.
>She grins at you, "Welcome to the Scarlet Devil Library."

>"Sorry cousin, I go by Liana.  Cousin, have you chosen a name?"

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2022, 01:43:58 PM »
>The smiths have kept trait addition and transference a tightly held secret.
>There have been rumors that the smiths shape their wares to give them traits of the objects they mimic, they trade contradictory traits, or the metal works have figure out how to change traits to their opposites.

>The fairy maid knocks hard enough on the door to open it the rest of the way.  Bookcases litter the room and extend towards the roof.  The back of the room is so distant that you cannot see it.
>She grins at you, "Welcome to the Scarlet Devil Library."

>"Sorry cousin, I go by Liana.  Cousin, have you chosen a name?"

>In our world, do people (specifically those in their village/town) refer to new acquaintances as "Cousin"? Or is that just a thing in this world?

>"Eillia, that's what I have chosen. A pleasure to meet you, Liana."

>Follow Liana into the library and observe our surroundings.

« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2022, 06:35:11 AM »
>If there is a town that refers to new acquaintances as "Cousin" then you've neither seen it nor heard of it.
->People might refer to new acquaintances as brother or sister to emphasize closeness.  Cousin has a closeness, but also keeps a distance.

>"Eillia, that's a beautiful name."

>The library is massive.  You cannot see the end.  A large path run through the middle of the library with bookcases packed close together running along both sides.  Railing on the second floor and third floors provides a view of even more book shelves. Potted plants dot the room along with tables.  Antique light fixtures litter the room while providing warm light. 

>Red haired women are picking up books off the floor and placing back on the shelves.  The women are all wearing a similar outfits of black dresses over white blouses and have wings on their back and heads. Liana breathing harder stays close to the plants.

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2022, 08:10:32 PM »
>"Eillia, that's a beautiful name."

>Blush a little. "Why thank you. I am flattered."

>"Oh, you must be new.  That's why I didn't recognize you. No, I thought you might be the fairy.  I don't think we can win Miss Patchouli's prize,  but I can help you if you want."

>"Wait, earlier you mentioned 'Miss Patchouli's prize'. I don't recollect hearing anything about a contest, however. Could you remind me?"

>Red haired women are picking up books off the floor and placing back on the shelves.  The women are all wearing a similar outfits of black dresses over white blouses and have wings on their back and heads. Liana breathing harder stays close to the plants.

>What species would we know to resemble those women?

>"Is something wrong? Your breathing seems to be off."

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2022, 07:58:58 PM »
>"Miss Patchouli is offering her sweets for a week to any fairy that beat Marisa or keep her out of the library.  Is this your first day because our cousins are talking about it constantly?"

>You don't recognize them off hand, but they could be shapeshifters as well.
->Feeling for their magic leaves you with nothing until your own magic brushes against their soul. The women shiver at the touch to their souls.  It takes a moment until you realize that their magic is the same as the background magic.

>That is weird and not something you've ever seen

>Liana motions at the books. "Don't they feel wrong to you? So straight and organized? Artificial?"

« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2022, 07:44:10 PM »
<Bump>

« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2022, 08:33:30 PM »
>"Shouldn't books be organised? Or at least, I assume that Miss Patchouli likes them that way."

« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2022, 04:31:10 AM »
>"Well, yes.  It feels almost like a forest, but. . .not quite and wrong.  Cousin, does the orderliness not bother you?"

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2022, 05:41:14 PM »
>"Well, yes.  It feels almost like a forest, but. . .not quite and wrong.  Cousin, does the orderliness not bother you?"

>"Well, I have worked as a maid for a while now, just somewhere else, so it does not bother me too much. Rather, I quite enjoy seeing things all tidy and orderly after I've worked hard to clean up a mess. Now come on, let's continue."

>Continue forward while looking for evidence that could have been caused by Marisa.

« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2022, 06:42:02 AM »
>Liana stares at you wide eyed in disbelief, "No, way.  You're pranking me.  It's a fairy rule to tell the truth after a prank!"  Her body shakes, "That's so neat!" A chuckle escapes her lips.

>Following the trail of fallen books deeper into the library.  More of the librarian's assistants cleaning up books and singe marks in the carpets.

>Glowing star projectiles and metal sawblades fly out from further ahead.  With a thought you fly up and towards the the commotion.  Marisa is surrounded by several orbs that fire beams of light into a person clothed in purple.

>Marisa gives thumbs up in your direction, "Right on time.  Patchouli and her books will help get you out of that fairy body."

>The woman in purple clothes laughs and coughs.

« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2022, 03:54:01 AM »
//If anyone has questions concerning this quest, I would be happy to answer them

« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2022, 11:24:35 AM »
>"Oh this isn't a prank Liana, I hope I can do as well here as I did back then."
>Turn to Marisa
>"I think we should calm the situation before asking her... You ruffian!"
>How much confidence do we have in dodging projectiles?

#I do wonder why you went with a fairy for the Player Character, and a more traditional non-Touhou fairy at that. More interesting? Comfortable power level?