Author Topic: An Out of Context Incident  (Read 85430 times)

Re: An Out of Context Incident
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2021, 05:58:30 AM »
>You don't have any training or experience with throwing things like that.
->You could throw a dagger, a sword, a needle or various other sharp weapons, but that would be because of being in an extremely desperate situation.

>You do have some experience with a bow though you have touched one in several centuries.
->Before becoming a maid you did help your family by hunting rabbits and making coin by keeping vermin out of farmers' fields.
-->You were rather mediocre at it even by human standards.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2021, 06:03:00 AM »
>"Throwing weapons aren't my specialty unfortunately. I do know a bit on how to wield a bow, though I haven't touched one in centuries and my talent with it can be best described as mediocre... I'm more well versed in standard maid duties, alongside some musical talent, sewing, knitting, bartering human relics, Glamour spells and luck manipulation."
>What is the extent of our luck manipulation?

« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2021, 08:00:18 AM »
>Your luck manipulation affects an area of about the size of a large house around a target

>Giving good luck would have things like a person noticing money, tools working longer than they should, malfunctions in alarm sensors, enemies near you suffering bad luck, beneficial accidents, etcetera
 >Giving bad luck a person might find their clothes snagging on breakables, tripping on their own feet, their darts always missing the dartboard in the pub, small objects getting underfoot, jars not sealing, old floorboards giving way underfoot, etcetera
->Luck manipulation is weird because it feels like your manipulating something other than reality.

>"Huh, must be a head maid trait.  Glamour?" Marisa asks.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2021, 08:19:54 AM »
>"Glamour spells are spells that alter senses, such as disguising an object as another object or changing the flavor of food, as well as making one's appearance presentable to somebody of high social status..."
>"You know, now that I think of it, I wonder..."
>Attempt to use Glamour to make ourselves resemble what we're supposed to look like, albeit as if we were presenting ourselves to our lord.
>Of successful:
>>"Okay, if that worked, then I should've altered my appearance with Glamour to resemble what my true body looks like, albeit with some minor cosmetic alterations as if I was meeting with someone of high status such as My Lord..."
>is it only sight and taste that Glamour alters or does it extend to other forms of perception as well?

« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2021, 09:29:37 AM »
>Marisa's eyes widen in surprise while the sound of scraping against wooden floor comes from Rinnosuke

>The word goes dark. For a second you are confused until you remember this isn't your body. It takes a moment as you cast your spell and you then you can see again.

>Marisa speaks to a point above your head, "So, that's what a sidhe looks like.  Even without yer spiritual presence I can tell yer not human.  Probably shouldn't enter the human village like that."

>"It is disconcerting. Appearing as this would be much better than as a fairy." Rinnosuke glances at Marisa.
>Marisa shrugs her shoulders.

>Glamour also includes touch, smell, and hearing.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2021, 10:38:53 AM »
>What's the duration of a glamour spell? Is it a set duration or is it indefinite provided we spend energy to maintain it? Does the caster need to be conscious/awake to maintain a glamour effect?
>Are there any other limitations?

>Is our "presentable form" just a less ugly version of a normal Sidhe or is it just a well dressed version of us?

« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2021, 03:06:19 PM »
>A glamour spell will gradually fade on its own, but can be maintained indefinitely.
->Magic is changing the rules of reality in an area.

>You don't need to be awake for the effects.

>There are ointments and seeing stones that allow a person to be unaffected by glamour.

>Glamour is detectable by anything that can sense magic.

>Your "presentable form" is your old sidhe body made unnaturally beautiful by human standards and clothed in your old maid uniform.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 08:17:07 PM by Philosopher »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2021, 03:14:38 AM »
>"To be fair it's not entirely what a sidhe looks like, as this is my 'presentable form'. Without it I would appear more or less the same, except far less beautiful by human standards..."
>"Anyway Glamour does have its limitations. For instance, it doesn't fool magic senses, so anything that can specifically sense magic can detect its use. Additionally, there are certain ointments and seeing stones that can render one immune to the effects, but otherwise it can alter any sense regarding a person or object and lasts until it fades."

>Are we insecure at all regarding the innate ugliness of sidhe?

« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2021, 03:22:23 AM »
>Marisa circles you mumbling under her breath
>Her arm passes through your glamour and brushes against the crown of your head

>"So its like an illusion.  It'll make sneaking into the SDM easier."

>You are a little insecure in appearing without glamour.
->Sidhe aren't supposed to show their true forms though in practice most don't bother with glamouring themselves in front of family and friends.
-->The idea of showing your true appearance to a human does make you squirm.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2021, 03:35:30 AM »
>How much energy does maintaining glamour take?
>Do we have more or less energy in this body.
>Is there any differences between glamour and true illusion magic?

« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2021, 04:09:32 AM »
>It depends
->Factors that would effect the energy cost include distance and if your constantly supplying energy or doing it all at once
-->You supply the energy constantly and have enough practice that it isn't noticeable
--->If the other person remained close (within ten feet), it would be tiring to supply the glamour the energy
----->If you were to pour in all the energy at once you believe it would leave you drained and not last at long, maybe three hours

>Magic comes from the spirit, so you have the same amount of energy.

>At their peaks glamour can trick reality while illusion trick people
->Glamour also needs a target unlike illusion magic.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2021, 04:18:01 AM »
>"Similar but not quite. There are differences between the two. For instance, glamour always requires a target to be used, and can affect a wider range of entities than true illusion magic."
>"That being said, it would also aid in infiltration. Though as I previously mentioned it's not the only stealth based magic I have at my disposal."
>Dispel the glamour.

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2021, 04:38:44 AM »
>Marisa nods
>"It is useful if we run into a hallway full of fairy maids."

>The witch thinks for a minute
>"Invisibility and glamour wouldn't work on Meiling, the gateguard, but Patchouli won't be on guard for those."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2021, 12:19:44 AM »
>"I see, and is this implied 'gate' the only entrance to this place?"

« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2021, 12:25:10 AM »
>Marisa gives a small shake of her head
>"Nah, I rarely use it anyway.  If you come though we have to be on the look out in case she's patrolling."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2021, 07:01:06 AM »
>Marisa gives a small shake of her head
>"Nah, I rarely use it anyway.  If you come though we have to be on the look out in case she's patrolling."
>"Noted."

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2021, 07:19:20 AM »
>"If you don't have any more questions then let's get going."

>Marisa walks towards the door, "Later, Kourin."

The large hums in response and begins to read.

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2021, 02:11:36 AM »
>"If you don't have any more questions then let's get going."

>Marisa walks towards the door, "Later, Kourin."

The large hums in response and begins to read.
> Exit the shop

> "Lead the way, Marisa."

>Follow her

« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2021, 09:31:10 AM »
>You follow Marisa outside where she lets out a whistle and holds out her hand.  Moments later a broom flies out of the forest and into her hand.  She rides the broom into the sky and waits for you.

>"Domi Bhuoga," Despite using the words for flight you don't feel the regular feeling of weightlessness nor the usual way reality unfolds.
->Having used the spell many times before you recreate the process of flight then with the words you find yourself in the sky with Marisa.

Spirit Stamina
*Stamina is the energy your soul has for casting magic.  When it hits zero Elilia will be mentally tired, spells will have a chance to fail, and there will be a delay in actions and reflexes.
**Using magic other than glamour and invisibility will cost stamina.
***Spells that are continuous that you keep going will cost no further stamina

>Marisa leads away from the forest and towards the mountains.  The two of you fly over fields of grass until you get a bank of fog.

>Marisa pauses near the mist.  "I forgot to mention that the fairies at the mansion don't like uninvited fairies.  So make sure ya dodge their danmaku unless you're into exploding into fairy glitter.  So make sure ya don't get hit."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2021, 09:42:03 AM »
>Do we know any defensive magic or personal wards?

« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2021, 07:04:17 AM »
>You know several wards against possession.
>You also have a ward that slows spells and a spell that can redirect spells.
->Redirecting spells can be used to change the path of spells, but you can be overwhelmed if there is too much power behind the spell.
>Finally know a ward to make yourself immune to blades

« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2021, 01:30:30 PM »
>Continue following Marisa.
>>Ask a question: "Do you know if the Fairies at the Mansion have a roll call or register of sorts? If not, I may have a plan to sneak into the Mansion."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2021, 08:12:30 PM »
>How effective is the redirecting spell?

« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2021, 07:48:55 AM »
>Marisa leads you across the lake.  Several times she glances at the sun and changes direction.
>From the mist a scarlet mansion emerged.  A red headed person stands in front of a metal picket gate that surrounds the mansion.  Older looking fairies in French maid uniforms are watering the lawn with watering cans.
>The Mansion's clock reads 9:15.

>"Nah, they have fairies constantly working on and off for them."

>The redirecting spells is very effective.

*The redirect spell will allow you to redirect danmaku and lasers, but a master spark would overwhelm you.
**You are also limited to redirecting one bullet at a time presently.

« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2021, 02:42:56 PM »
>Turn to Marisa. "Marisa, how do you usually enter the Mansion discretely?"
>"I could use glamour to disguise myself as a fairy maid, or use invisibility. Either one would give me more time inside the Mansion after we sneak in. Then we head to the library."
#I'm suggesting ideas, but they're most likely sub-optimal. Any others can strike out or add more to these.

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2021, 07:06:58 PM »
>"She lives in the Scarlet Devil Mansion and is friends with a vampire. I'm going to borrow some books that may help."

>Rinnosuke casts a knowing look at Marisa

>"How good are ya at sneaking?  Cause that's how we get into the Scarlet Devil Mansion and into her library," Marisa looks you up and down.

> Cast an accusing look towards Marisa.
-> "Marisa, have you ever returned a book that you have borrowed?"

« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2021, 02:44:54 AM »
>"Usually I sneak in through one of the windows.  That sounds like a good plan."

>Marisa smiles at you, "I'll return them when I die.  It's not like a hundred years is anything for youkai."

« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2021, 01:05:33 PM »
>Gaze at Marisa incredulously.
>"...I cannot say you're wrong about the lifespan of Youkai, but I would not call it 'borrowing' in that case."
>"Regardless, you seem to be a repeat 'visitor' at this library so your window entrance sounds promising."

« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2021, 09:09:19 AM »
>Marisa leads you to the side of the mansion then stops the fence.  She peers over the bush growing on the other side of the fence and hums.

>On the other side you can see a few fairies with absentminded faces who are trimming a hedge maze.  The fairies' eyes wander over to the flowers their kin are watering.
>The flowers come to the fairies abdomen and wave lazily in the breeze.  The fairies her are more attentive about their work, but you see statues poking out of the flowerbed that would offer protection.

>"Normally I'd just blast them and head in, but . . . " Marisa's glances at you, "I can fly us through, but everyone would know we're here."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2021, 10:41:18 AM »
>What is our opinion on killing fairies? Are we indifferent, or against it by nature?