Author Topic: Youmu Quest - Many Duties of a Half-Phantom  (Read 25979 times)

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Youmu Quest - Many Duties of a Half-Phantom
« on: November 28, 2020, 11:27:33 PM »
So; my life got hectic. Really hectic. As happens when you work in healthcare during a global pandemic and IRL happens. But it's calmed down now. I have a bit more time.

Combine this with a case of Writer's Block and you have what happened to Rumia Quest. Well; that and I think I over-complicated things for myself and ended up with too many plates, plot threads and even attempts at game systems.

Well; the last few days I've gotten that GM'ing itch again, as I get a bit more free time. And I also had an idea pop into my head.

First big different thing. I'm actually running a quest with a less obscure character who's more established in the lore and a higher-tier character. So there should be less of a need for me to start powering the character up; making new abilities and having to set limits; ect.

Second thing: Due to work pressures; don't expect daily updates, but I will try. [Holidays have me working 11/14 days however, and an 8-day on the trot section coming into it so... yeah]. But, not pressing myself like that should help avoid burnout.

===

> You are Youmu Konpaku

> You are a being that is actually unique; to your knowledge; as a Half-Human Half-Phantom.

> This makes you a being of contradiction. You are dead and alive simultaneously. It also gives you some rather unique racial abilities and quirks.

> You are a young woman [Well; you're almost 60, but in terms of your species, you're just under 20 in full human years] with many duties. Your official title is 'Gardener' but you're also a swordplay instructor, bodyguard; maid, and general problem-solver. All of these matters you are employed by Yuyuko Saigyouji [As has your family been employed by her before you.] She; in turn, is employed by the Yamaxanadu, making the Yama technically also your superior.

> Due to your racial preferences, equipment and personal style, you focus more on speed and skill than raw power. With Roukanken; your katana [Which is almost as large as yourself] you don't need raw strength anyway, as the things the blade cannot cut are next to none. This speed and skill naturally lends yourself to being pretty formidable in danmaku fights as well, should the need arise.

> You are currently standing guard outside of Hakugyokurou, both in defense of Lady Yuyuko so no mischievous spirits annoy her [And so she doesn't annoy any unfortunate spirits...], and in the event anyone tries to approach the Saigyou Ayakashi. Ever since you and Lady Yuyuko tried to bring it into bloom, you know better than to let anyone mess around with that tree again. Besides; the Ayakashi is technically part of the garden, so you see it as your responsibility.

> Your body is split into two halves.

> The main body that most people call 'Youmu' is the humanoid one, but your phantom half floats by your side. Many affectionally call this 'Myon', but it's still you, Youmu. The phantom can fly a short distance away from you [No more than 3 meters, which is also it's tip-to-tip size. It cannot be forced further away from you either without great difficulty and pain]. Your Phantom self can interact with objects, although it lacks hands. It cannot pass through walls, because it's not a full phantom. It has no independent thought, as it is you, but it can also act separately of the main body, almost like a fifth limb.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
Re: Youmu Quest - Many Duties of a Half-Phantom
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 09:28:38 AM »
So; my life got hectic. Really hectic. As happens when you work in healthcare during a global pandemic and IRL happens. But it's calmed down now. I have a bit more time.

Combine this with a case of Writer's Block and you have what happened to Rumia Quest. Well; that and I think I over-complicated things for myself and ended up with too many plates, plot threads and even attempts at game systems.

Well; the last few days I've gotten that GM'ing itch again, as I get a bit more free time. And I also had an idea pop into my head.

First big different thing. I'm actually running a quest with a less obscure character who's more established in the lore and a higher-tier character. So there should be less of a need for me to start powering the character up; making new abilities and having to set limits; ect.

Second thing: Due to work pressures; don't expect daily updates, but I will try. [Holidays have me working 11/14 days however, and an 8-day on the trot section coming into it so... yeah]. But, not pressing myself like that should help avoid burnout.

===

> You are Youmu Konpaku

> You are a being that is actually unique; to your knowledge; as a Half-Human Half-Phantom.

> This makes you a being of contradiction. You are dead and alive simultaneously. It also gives you some rather unique racial abilities and quirks.

> You are a young woman [Well; you're almost 60, but in terms of your species, you're just under 20 in full human years] with many duties. Your official title is 'Gardener' but you're also a swordplay instructor, bodyguard; maid, and general problem-solver. All of these matters you are employed by Yuyuko Saigyouji [As has your family been employed by her before you.] She; in turn, is employed by the Yamaxanadu, making the Yama technically also your superior.

> Due to your racial preferences, equipment and personal style, you focus more on speed and skill than raw power. With Roukanken; your katana [Which is almost as large as yourself] you don't need raw strength anyway, as the things the blade cannot cut are next to none. This speed and skill naturally lends yourself to being pretty formidable in danmaku fights as well, should the need arise.

> You are currently standing guard outside of Hakugyokurou, both in defense of Lady Yuyuko so no mischievous spirits annoy her [And so she doesn't annoy any unfortunate spirits...], and in the event anyone tries to approach the Saigyou Ayakashi. Ever since you and Lady Yuyuko tried to bring it into bloom, you know better than to let anyone mess around with that tree again. Besides; the Ayakashi is technically part of the garden, so you see it as your responsibility.

> Your body is split into two halves.

> The main body that most people call 'Youmu' is the humanoid one, but your phantom half floats by your side. Many affectionally call this 'Myon', but it's still you, Youmu. The phantom can fly a short distance away from you [No more than 3 meters, which is also it's tip-to-tip size. It cannot be forced further away from you either without great difficulty and pain]. Your Phantom self can interact with objects, although it lacks hands. It cannot pass through walls, because it's not a full phantom. It has no independent thought, as it is you, but it can also act separately of the main body, almost like a fifth limb.

// Understandable,and more  and Modesto for explaining about "Rumia Quest", and Very Well Done for the Much More Important Real.Life(maybe sort of "Intensive Aid&Care Sanitary and Paramedic Operative and Assistant? )//

// (The Game System is Good and it has Inspired MoTK. V3,)Any Hope for a Q&A or an "Assorted Curiosites&Creativity " or similar, at some likely future  point and at its proper thread, for ""Rumia Quest: Revival"//

// A Few Starter, Occasional, Complementary Replies to Start Raikaria's Youmu Quest//

> Important, or at least Interesting, Relations,  Activities and Locations,besides the" Main Ones"?

> Take Altitude for better Vantage point and Sightings, the  floating should. Alternate between over top and under the top of Walls&Gates.

>Pick  a Side to Observe while Myon the Other in 2 Mt Distance from us 2,move in a  " Steady  Rotational Surveillance Rounds".
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

Tom

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 10:01:22 AM »
// Oh so we get Stage 5 boss playable protagonist abilities this time?  Interesting~

> While our half phantom can't phase through tangible obstacles, can it pass through other semi-tangible items such as danmaku, familiars or magic barriers?  Also can we change it's shape to fit through places we can't?  Like through a small window?

> Is cutting through danmaku with our Roukanken blade considered unfair according to the shrine maiden's rules?

> Are we afraid of ghosts?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 02:34:20 PM by Tom »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 10:39:28 AM »
//Guess who's back.
//Back again.
//Rai is back!
//Tell a friend.
//Guess who's back. Guess who's back. Guess who's back. Guess who's back. Guess who's back...

//Silly song references aside, it's good to see you back. Was honestly starting to worry about you considering covid and all.

>Look around.
>Check chest for usual growths.
>Spellcards on hand
>Inventory
>Relationships. (Additionally do we have a crush or otherwise romantic interest on anyone, particularly anyone of a lunar rabbit variety?)
>Most recent incident that we know of.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 10:46:44 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 11:39:59 PM »
>Look around.
>Check chest for usual growths.
>Spellcards on hand
>Inventory
>Relationships. (Additionally do we have a crush or otherwise romantic interest on anyone, particularly anyone of a lunar rabbit variety?)
>Most recent incident that we know of.

> You look around. You see the usual scenery around Hakugyokurou. The ground is a snowy-white, with various small cherry-blossom trees dotted around; mostly outside the walls that surround the Zen Garden. You can see some spirits floating around above the trees, in the violet sky.

> Error - Growths not found.

> For someone who actually dosen't use them often, you have a lot of spellcards, although you generally only have the magical stamina to use 3~5 of them in a given fight; depending on which spellcards and what amount of power you put into them.

- However, your primary spellcards which you prefer to use include:
> Ghost Sword "Fasting of the Young Preta" [And it's upgraded versions]
> Hell Realm Sword "Two Hundred Yojana in One Slash" [And it's upgraded versions]
> Animal Realm Sword "Karmic Punishment of the Idle and Unfocused" [And it's upgraded version]
> Human Realm Sword "Fantasy of Entering Enlightenment" [And it's upgraded versions]
> Heaven Sword "Five Signs of the Dying Deva" [And it's upgraded versions]
> Six Realms Sword "A Single Thought and Infinite Kalpas"
> Human Sign "Slash of Present World"

You have other spellcards, but these are your mainstays. It is worth noting that you have also managed to devise two 'Impossible' spellcards that are not allowed to be activated under general Spellcard rules; Light Sign "Light Flash of the Netherworld"; and Higan Sword "Hacking Slashes of Hell and Paradise".

> Aside from your clothing and spellcards, you carry Roukanken and Hakuroken.

Roukanken is a katana that is far too unwieldy for normal humans, but you are not a normal human. Forged by Youkai, the things this blade almost as large as yourself cannot cut are next to none. This fact plays into your fighting style very well, as you're not actually that physically strong, but you don't need to be strong to slice things with Roukanken.

Hakuroken is a Wakizsahi, and is a family heirloom. You well told by your Grandfather that it 'slices through confusion'; although you're not entirely sure what that means. The blade seems to cause spirits to vanish, but dosen't seem to do too much to living beings besides the obvious physical damage. You found the blade outside your room on the day that he vanished.

> Your primary and most important relationship is with your employer; Yuyuko Saigyouji. Despite knowing her for all your life; her whimsical nature makes it hard for you to understand what she's going on about most of the time, and she seems to be well aware of this fact and enjoys teasing you somewhat. Despite her youthful appearance, she's well over 10 times your age, but given she's a full-ghost, she doesn't age anyway. She doesn't act like it usually; but she is very intelligent and very powerful. She can't leave the Netherworld in most cases however, she either needs permission from the Yama, or the interference of...

> Yukari Yakumo is the main visitor to the Netherworld. She can come and go using her manipulation of boundaries, particularly the boundary of Life and Death. Yukari is even harder to get a handle on than Yuyuko, but seems to have known her for a very long time. She usually ignores you, and you ignore her technical trespassing into the Netherworld for the most part... because you know you couldn't stop her anyway; and besides; Lady Yuyuko likes her company.

> The Yamaxanadu; Eiki Shiki, is Lady Yuyuko's superior. She's generally amicable, although somewhat high-stung and can get carried away lectureing people, although you know she does it from a good place and reason. You don't get to speak to her much, and in fact you only ever met her rather recently.

> You are an acquaintance of Reimu Hakurei. Usually; when Yuyuko sends you to the world of the living, you end up bumping into her, usually investigating the same issue. Reimu is a little bit suspicious of you, due to that one time you stole spring, but she seems that way around pretty much everyone.

> Marisa Kirisame is someone you've met a couple of times but not really interacted with too much. You don't trust her, because even you know her reputation as a thief, but she's also not done anything to really offend you either.

> Everyone else you've either not met or hardly interacted with enough to have much opinion. Notable omissions include:

- Ran Yakumo/Chen - Yukari doesn't bring them to the Netherworld usually, although Ran was brought a couple of times during that whole Ayakashi incident, but you never interacted with Ran.

- The Primsriver Sisters - While they could go to the Netherworld; they usually; as Poltergeists, stay in the Living World. As such, you don't really interact with them. You are aware of them however, since they like to linger near the Border of Life and Death; often using their music to help guide and soothe souls entering the Netherworld.

> The Beast Spirit Incident. As the incident involved animal spirits; Lady Yuyuko sent you to investigate. You reported back to Yuyuko; who was being visited by the Yama at the time. The Yama mentioned that the whole Afterlife's systems are basically breaking down due to a mixture of 'funding issues' and 'bureaucracy'. You... don't know who funds the Afterlife, or how it can be having budget issues.

---

Something worth noting, as a Half-Ghost, you have the rather unique ability to pass freely through the Barrier of Life and Death, since you are both dead and alive. As far as you are aware; only the Yama, Yukari and Yuyuko [although she usually dosen't use it] can do this. However, Reimu kind of... broke in during the 'stealing spring' thing you did, and the Barrier has never really recovered from that, and strong mortals have been able to pass through since.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 12:42:48 AM »
//Err... I think you missed the others' posts.

Tom

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 06:00:49 AM »
// Previous post still stands

> Lets pre emptively try and put a stop to Yukari's visits just once to show that we can!  Surely Yuyuko will be impressed at how far our training has come, and Yukari wouldn't mind the change of scenery~

> Think of ways of doing so...
> Messing with the barrier is probably ineffective since she'll just undo our hard work, and Yukari will probably figure out quick if something's different, so...

> Hold out Roukanken and focus on it, hoping it helps us cut through our confusion to reach some sort of revelation or new angle we hadn't thought of before!

> If nothing happens, try to focus on imagining ourselves slicing through barriers of distractions

> Still nothing?  Try again while saying the thing!!  "The things that cannot be cut by Roukanken, forged by Youkai, are next to none!"

> If we still got nothing snap out of it with a disappointed look...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 06:31:27 AM by Tom »

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 09:25:09 PM »
// (The Game System is Good and it has Inspired MoTK. V3,)Any Hope for a Q&A or an "Assorted Curiosites&Creativity " or similar, at some likely future  point and at its proper thread, for ""Rumia Quest: Revival"//

> Important, or at least Interesting, Relations,  Activities and Locations,besides the" Main Ones"?

> Take Altitude for better Vantage point and Sightings, the  floating should. Alternate between over top and under the top of Walls&Gates.

>Pick  a Side to Observe while Myon the Other in 2 Mt Distance from us 2,move in a  " Steady  Rotational Surveillance Rounds".

> Relations were already covered

> Your main non-work activity is practicing your swordplay and cooking. Lady Yuyuko is somewhat of a gourmet.

> You fly up and observe. You note that the Ayakashi has something smal under it, but write this off as the tree attempting to lure someone or something under it to drain them. It may be sealed; but it still has enough power to make feeble attempts at this sometimes.

// Oh so we get Stage 5 boss playable protagonist abilities this time?  Interesting~

> While our half phantom can't phase through tangible obstacles, can it pass through other semi-tangible items such as danmaku, familiars or magic barriers?  Also can we change it's shape to fit through places we can't?  Like through a small window?

> Is cutting through danmaku with our Roukanken blade considered unfair according to the shrine maiden's rules?

> Are we afraid of ghosts?

/ I did say I wanted to try a stronger character/more established. I simply thought Youmu might be more interesting.

> In danmaku fights; your phantom self counts as a familiar. You can either have it passively doing nothing and be immune to danmaku, but also not block it; or have it be tangible and able to block; but be damaged by; danmaku. Myon cannot change shape.

> You can cut danmaku, although the ability to do is limited to a 'charge', you have to stop shooting for about a second to use that defensive ability. It's essencially you cancelling out danmaku with a danmaku-infused sword slash. Or a bomb, but that takes up a lot of stamina, enough that it'll generally cost a spellcard use [Or at least force you to use the weakest version].

> You are afraid of ghosts unless they approach you normally, from the front, without trying to scare you. You can get spooked quite easily; especially by ghost stories. You've also never been scared of Yuyuko; despite her being a ghost.

// Previous post still stands

> Lets pre emptively try and put a stop to Yukari's visits just once to show that we can!  Surely Yuyuko will be impressed at how far our training has come, and Yukari wouldn't mind the change of scenery~

> Think of ways of doing so...
> Messing with the barrier is probably ineffective since she'll just undo our hard work, and Yukari will probably figure out quick if something's different, so...

> Hold out Roukanken and focus on it, hoping it helps us cut through our confusion to reach some sort of revelation or new angle we hadn't thought of before!

> If nothing happens, try to focus on imagining ourselves slicing through barriers of distractions

> Still nothing?  Try again while saying the thing!!  "The things that cannot be cut by Roukanken, forged by Youkai, are next to none!"

> If we still got nothing snap out of it with a disappointed look...

> You consider ways to try and mess with Yukari.

> You meditate; while holding out Roukanken. You attempt to think on the topic; and then think of your battle-boast... about the best thing you could think of is trying to cut one of Yukari's gaps just before she appears, maybe the bows at the edges. But you're not sure if that would do anything, as you don't think portals can be sliced. Also; you're not even use if that's a good idea if it would work. Who knows what would happen if you cut one of those eldritch things.

> And you remember you're using the wrong sword. Hakuroken is the one that slices confusion.

Tom

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 10:30:54 PM »
> Ahh embarrassing!  After mentally scolding ourselves for such an obvious oversight try again with the right blade.

> Regarding the tree, it can't actually drain someone can it?  Like we can safely ignore it, right?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 01:23:32 AM »
>Wait, if Roukanken can supposedly cut almost anything, then couldn't it hypothetically cut confusion just as well as Hakurouken?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 07:40:21 PM »
> Ahh embarrassing!  After mentally scolding ourselves for such an obvious oversight try again with the right blade.

> Regarding the tree, it can't actually drain someone can it?  Like we can safely ignore it, right?

> You meditate on Hakuroken. Unfortunetly; you're still not coming up with any anti-Yukari ideas that; at the very least, don't turn into murder attempts.

> The Ayakashi is a wicked; evil tree that Lady Yuyuko's own body is holding back; using it's power over Life and Death to drag it into the Afterlife. The tree beckons people under it; and then drains their souls and lifeforce and feeds upon them to strengthen itself. While the dead can resist it's abilities better, Lady Yuyuko is the only one you know of to be immune to it; and that is likely due to her own body being within the Ayakashi's roots.

> This is why part of your duties include keeping others away from the tree, as not only is it dangerous to them, but the tree would grow stronger. Right now it is in a state of starvation, and it's powers are at their weakest due to this.

> Since the Ayakashi also feasts on souls; even the spirits are not safe; and those that linger under it will be lulled into a sleep; before fading away.

>Wait, if Roukanken can supposedly cut almost anything, then couldn't it hypothetically cut confusion just as well as Hakurouken?

> Roukanken's 'cutting' is in a literal sense. It slices materials, physical things. To slice the metaphysical you need a tool specifically made to do so.

Tom

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 08:22:06 PM »
> Got nothing better to do so head on over to the Ayakashi to investigate.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 06:28:35 PM »
> Got nothing better to do so head on over to the Ayakashi to investigate.

> You approach the Ayakashi, but not too close. Just so you can get a better look at what it is that is under it.

> You see something quite surprising, and concerning. A flower. Not a withered one which got blown near either. A rare flower known as a Netherbell. It's stem look normal; but then it curves over downwards, with large; glossy petals that are a deep, royal purple, and shimmer with a very faint, eerie light.

> Nothing should be growing under the Ayakashi however...

Tom

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2020, 06:56:56 PM »
> Interesting, here's something you don't see every day...

> If we think we can get close enough to touch it:
>> Head on over to wherever we keep our gardening tools and grab a small spade/shovel
>> Return and dig a circle around the flower and pick it up
>> Move and plant it at some other place in the garden we think Lady Yuyuko would appreciate it.

> If we don't think we can get close enough to touch it:
>> Try and find Lady Yuyuko for help or suggestions

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2020, 06:11:58 AM »
> Interesting, here's something you don't see every day...

> If we think we can get close enough to touch it:
>> Head on over to wherever we keep our gardening tools and grab a small spade/shovel
>> Return and dig a circle around the flower and pick it up
>> Move and plant it at some other place in the garden we think Lady Yuyuko would appreciate it.

> If we don't think we can get close enough to touch it:
>> Try and find Lady Yuyuko for help or suggestions

> The flower is right next to the Ayakashi's trunk. You do not think it wise to approach.

> You therefor decide to find Lady Yuyuko; who; unless she wandered off in the last few moments, should be inside.

> You find Lady Yuyuko peacefully sitting in the main room, at a table, drinking tea.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 07:06:34 AM »
>Approach respectfully.

Tom

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 09:00:34 AM »
> Once we've approached
> "Lady Yuyuko could you maybe help with a little issue out in the garden? A small flower has grown right next to the Ayakashi, and I would like to move it someplace else before it withers away but I can't get close enough. So if you could help me dig it out it would be great, it's a rare Netherbell after all"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 09:10:09 AM »
> "Lady Yuyuko could you maybe help with a little issue out in the garden? A small flower has grown right next to the Ayakashi, and I would like to move it someplace else before it withers away but I can't get close enough. So if you could help me dig it out it would be great, it's a rare Netherbell after all"
>Add:
>"Though on the other hand it kinda worries me a bit as well... Nothing's supposed to grow that close to it, from what I remember..."

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2020, 07:27:00 PM »
>Approach respectfully.

> Yuyuko looks at you.

> Once we've approached

> Yuyuko is quiet for a few moments.

>Add:
>"Though on the other hand it kinda worries me a bit as well... Nothing's supposed to grow that close to it, from what I remember..."

> After this; the Ghost nods.

> "Yes, nothing is supposed to be able to grow under the Ayakashi, and yet, this flower is defying that." Yuyuko responds. "If the flower managed to grow and bloom under the Ayakashi; I see no reason to move it. In fact, if it's adapted to thrive under the Ayakashi; moving it could kill it."

> The ghost gets up; and starts to head outside.

> "However, that does not mean I do not wish to see this sight. A Netherbloom is rare; after all. For one to sprout in my own garden is a rare opportunity."

Tom

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »
> "Aaah I didn't think of if that way...  Your wisdom is truly appreciated Lady Yuyuko!"

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 09:18:23 PM »
> "Aaah I didn't think of if that way...  Your wisdom is truly appreciated Lady Yuyuko!"

> Yuyuko nods. "Sometimes things are more complex than they first appear; Youmu."

> Yuyuko exits the palace and enters the gardens.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 02:46:45 AM »
>Follow

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 06:20:08 AM »
>Follow

> You follow Yuyuko; who stops before the Ayakashi; observing the flower.

> She is quiet for a short while.

> "How unusual." Yuyuko remarks, before she turns back to you.

> "Youmu; may you have a look around outside the grounds and see if anything unusual is happening there with the flora?" Yuyuko asks.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 07:27:39 AM »
>"Certainly, Yuyuko-sama."
>Bow respectfully and begin a patrol route, making sure not a single leaf is left out as we scour the gardens!

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »
>"Certainly, Yuyuko-sama."
>Bow respectfully and begin a patrol route, making sure not a single leaf is left out as we scour the gardens!

[I kinda forewarned of this delay. Holiday period + extra work]

> You head outside the palace grounds; as Yuyuko requested.

> Outside the walls of the palace itself; are many trees in near-permanent blossom; lining the pathway heading up the hill. However, something immediately becomes apparent.

> There are many Netherblooms. Each tree seems to have one underneath it. Each one near the trunk.

Tom

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2020, 09:55:06 PM »
[I kinda forewarned of this delay. Holiday period + extra work]

> You head outside the palace grounds; as Yuyuko requested.

> Outside the walls of the palace itself; are many trees in near-permanent blossom; lining the pathway heading up the hill. However, something immediately becomes apparent.

> There are many Netherblooms. Each tree seems to have one underneath it. Each one near the trunk.
> What are the chances, it'll be something impressive to show at the next flower viewing event!

> How rare is it to find a Netherbloom, like do we find one a month, one a year etc?

> Keep walking and admiring the blooms, see if they're more concentrated in some areas than others

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2020, 11:23:44 PM »
>It is kinda suspicious though...

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2021, 06:58:56 PM »
Spoiler:
We can find Marisa, shes very good with growing blooms, also the Bamboo Forest doctor may be able to help, how do we approach? Recite our mantra and go? Maybe  :cirnotan: