Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - You Can (Not) Rate Up  (Read 206927 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Lost in Seven Dimensions
    • YouTube
    • Steam
Re: Fate/Grand Order - You Can (Not) Rate Up
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2020, 05:47:53 AM »
It's interesting to note the voting trends. 3rd place had twice the votes of 4th place, us of all people placed 6th, and even Chris had just over one in one thousand votes for him.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 06:59:54 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2020, 06:01:06 AM »
I am mildly upset that there was not a cutscene after the fact where the various Servants that were "involved" hear about the adventure and weigh in on what they think of their corresponding people.

But I am not one-one-hundredth as upset about that as I am upset about the player character losing out TWICE on hearing a confession from Stheno. ;_;
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2020, 07:01:25 AM »
I am mildly upset that there was not a cutscene after the fact where the various Servants that were "involved" hear about the adventure and weigh in on what they think of their corresponding people.
I can just imagine Euryale screaming in rage, and Lancelot and Fionn wondering about their particular ironies.

Is anyone (else) going for the Summer 1 Servants this time around? What are your plans for the new batch of 30 Quartz? I used a ten-roll on the 10M banner, and netted me some yuri pirates, so I'm happy about that; the Quartz batch is going toward my Ortlinde/Skadi funds.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 07:27:46 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2020, 05:17:48 AM »
I really should pull for Skadi because I have several of the things that work well with her at the right NP levels, but I'm gonna save my quartz for a mediocre 4* I probably won't pull any copies of on a summer banner with two other Servants I don't want because that is the FGO way. Ideally I'd like ~3 copies of Beach Banana so I can grail her.
hot breadsticks is what we bake
we don't bake pie and we don't bake cake

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2020, 06:15:39 AM »
I might drop a few Quartz into attempting Ushi Summer myself.

But argh you just reminded me that Summer BB's also in that space. And double argh Okitan is almost upon us, too....

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2020, 08:04:28 PM »
Yeah, I wish BB was the 5* on the Beach Banana banner instead of Jeanne. I hear good things about Jeanne but BB is super weird and interesting, and I had just started playing when the original BB came out so I couldn't do the event and own no Moon Cancers as a result. And the game kind of expects you to own BB after a certain point.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2020, 05:18:17 AM »
2 10-rolls (and a few tix) later and I now have a Kiyo-lancer... and NP2'd her on the same 10-roll.  Also NP2's Rider-Martha on the first 10-roll.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2020, 05:22:11 AM »
Nobbu?  Nobbu!

GUDAGUDA Legend inbound.  Ready your SQ for chasing after OkiTan and Izo.

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2020, 04:36:56 PM »
How's everyone doing with the challenge quest for this event? This is the first CQ where I was able to take my own vanilla Jeanne along, so for the very first time I tried out an arts stall team (and it was really fun!) (edit: oops i lied this is the 2nd time, memorial quest SAlter was a mashu/hans/sup!jeanne thing lol)

Setup was Jeanne / DPS / Support!Merlin, starting with Lancer Alter as the DPS for that sweet defense ignoring NP to wipe the first HP bar. Through some kind of strange convenience, Nobu decided to crit her down instantly once her job was done, so instead of having to plugsuit in Shiki, she just came out for free. LAlter probably would have been my NP2 Li Shuwen if only he wasn't still stuck at level 1 because Ryouma demanded all the exp for event missions...

After that it was dealing with the assassin lifebar through neutral damage (Shiki also having a defense ignore NP helps a lot) and then nuking the rider lifebar real quick since it would be a huge danger to Merlin that could've thrown a wrench in everything if he suddenly died.

Final stretch was a swap-in for Ryouma to take down the caster lifebar, and that was the end of that. All in all a very fun experience.

I also went back in there and tested if Jeanne could solo it down, and she can, so there's that too if anyone needs an easy although very slow strategy to slowly burn it down.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2020, 05:10:32 PM »
How's everyone doing with the challenge quest for this event?

No one here is doing as good as the NP5 Circe No Direct Damage dude tbh

I'm still deciding how I want to handle it. My best resources are Li Shuwen or Enkidu, Sanzang, Jack, and Ryouma or Rider Kintoki. The biggest question for me, I think, is whether I want a Merlin, a Jeanne, or an Okitalter for support (I don't have any of them myself). Once I figure that out I'll probably know what I want to do.

EDIT: Went Enkidu/Li/Support Merlin/Mash/Jack/Rider Kintoki and things were going great until Kintoki got crit killed from full HP the turn before Nobu went Full Caster. :( Some day I'll complete one of these things without using the Command Spell revive.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:48:50 PM by Kilgamayan »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2020, 07:04:32 AM »
I'm still chipping away at the last few Yodo missions, myself, so I haven't gotten around to fighting off weirdo Nobbu yet. I'm going to feel out making Kiara my anchor so I can more or less ignore her defense matrix for most of her bars, even though Hijikata is probably a better choice thanks to his combat bonuses. I'd love to use Melt, but there's no way I'm going to be able to tank her anti-Divinity shots and the bonus damage from purging her defense matrix off.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2020, 03:55:26 PM »
How's everyone doing with the challenge quest for this event?

Somehow beat it w/o using any CS's.

Went Lu Bu(w/ KScope)/Sanzang/Support Merlin/Shiki/Ozy/OG Mash.
Things didn't go according to plan.  Lu Bu got rid of most of her first bar.  However Shiki got taken out before taking out the Rider Bar.  Managed to beat her by NP spamming w/ Sanzang and Ozy.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2020, 06:30:47 AM »
eyyy Passionlip's getting her Interlude buff right after Gudaguda ends!

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2020, 06:24:59 PM »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2020, 02:18:56 AM »
My god, the quality of life improvements~

The loading times still seem long, but combat runs soooo much smoother.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2020, 06:03:43 AM »
Just how many new features did we get early?

Only did the LB2 gacha once, gotta save for Summer '19 re-run.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2020, 06:27:57 AM »
The wait before Bryn gets on the banner is physically painful.

EDIT: Gigguk recently put up a video about him playing gacha games, and he spent four hundred dollars grabbing NP1 Astolfo during the Apocrypha prep gachas, after getting Mordred in two ten-rolls and god knows how many sumanai, a Jack, and Vlad.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:47:12 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2020, 02:41:51 PM »
Every day I am a little more thankful I did not need to sell my car to get JAlter off of ticket luck.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2020, 03:13:14 AM »
Fire Emblem Heroes has had duo units for a while (two characters who take up a single team spot and fight together, so for all intents and purposes they're one unit) and Magia Record has some coming up. I know
Spoiler:
FGO has Dioscuri
but I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen more fanservicey duo units already. That seems like it could be a lot of fun and potentially a real gacha sales hit. I'd love to see Artoria&Bedivere, Jeanne&Jeanne&Jeanne, Ishtar&Emiya, or a Nero&Lizardbeth idol duo. What kind of crazy combination units would you want to see if FGO ever introduced that as a mechanic?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2020, 04:37:10 AM »
It'd probably be interesting to see the couples get duo units (e.g. Brynhild and Sigurd; Artemis and Orion), though in terms of kinda crack, I'd like to see Amakusa/Semiramis as a duo unit for the strawberriess and giggles.

Anyway, yay got Ortlinde on my first roll! Brynhild eluded me again (not hard, considering I only budgeted 90 Quartz), but at least she left me a Prisma Cosmos and Demonic Bodisattva as consolation. (EDIT: After some consideration (and reading on Reddit that we're apparently due a ton of Quartz on the anniversary update), I decided to vent the last of my pre-anniversary Quartz, and did in fact net Brynhild.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:56:07 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2020, 06:51:22 AM »
Sooooo...  The GSSR (assuming it'll be the same as JP)
Class-based, and now only 15 Paid SQ.

If you're going for it, which one are you going for?
I'm leaning strongly towards Berserker since whatever I get I'd consider a win for me.  My current 5* roster:
Saber- OG Saber, Mordred, Musashi, Okita (& a Double-Grailed SAlter)
Archer- Ishtar, Arjuna (& a Double-Grailed Chloe)
Lancer- Scathach, Karna, LAltria
Rider- NP2 Ozy, NP2 Iskandar
Caster- NP2 Waver, S-12, Illya, Sanzang, Tamamo
Assassin- NP2 Shuten, Osakabehime
Berserker- Raikou
Extra- Sherlock, JAlter, Melt, Abby

I may consider Assassin or Archer, but each only have a couple of servants I'd want, the rest are... eh.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2020, 10:36:09 PM »
I don't have a 5* Rider or a 5* Berserker but I'm going Extra anyway because I either get the person I want more than anyone else in the game right now or a Limited Special Class Servant

The literal worst-case scenario for me pulling on Extra is NP2ing JAlter and I really cannot complain about that

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2020, 01:20:17 AM »
It's a tough choice for me, the two banners I want to pull most (Extra and Caster) both include one servant each that I really... really don't want. I'll refrain from saying who for each banner as I would not want to insult anyone's waifu or husbando.

Extra has the high probability of giving me several NP levels on Salieri which is very nice, as well as all the nice SSR options in there. And Caster, I might finally get my own Waver or Merlin... but having gotten a random tamamo spook just recently, it made the decision all the more difficult because now there's more chance of a dupe where my only SSR caster before was CasNero (and I wouldn't have been opposed to an NP2 for her).

In the end I'm probably gonna end up going with caster.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2020, 03:49:30 AM »
I'm definitely going Assassin, the worst-case scenario would be I guess MHX, who I wouldn't be thrilled with but would still probably get plenty of use out of. Semiramis and Cleopatra are both whatever, they're cool but don't thrill me. But anything else would be pretty amazing.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »
I'll refrain from saying who for each banner as I would not want to insult anyone's waifu or husbando.

You can't just set that pot on the fire, fill it up, and then not stir it. :(

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2020, 07:07:46 PM »
You can't just set that pot on the fire, fill it up, and then not stir it. :(
Alright alright, since I've always known you lot to be a friendly bunch, I'll give in lol. Ya'll better be gentle if you have to bring out the torches and pitchforks

So the ones I don't want myself are Kiara and Schez, as for Kiara I wouldn't exactly say I "dislike" her, but at least for me personally there's something kind of off-putting about her whole... everything going on I guess. She's got a somewhat interesting backstory and she has had some pretty good character development, so I respect her as a good character, but eghhhh she's definitely not bad but I myself can't get into that. And in terms of gameplay, being at NP1 she wouldn't enable anything that I don't already have too, so if I rolled her instead of someone else it'd feel like such a missed opportunity compared to most of the rest on the banner.

Schez I know is a pretty controversial character (although she deserves much better!) but I don't blindly hate her like a lot of redditors do, far from it. However, story-wise so far she's been... really bland to me. I heard she gets better development later which is really nice, poor girl doesn't deserve all the flack he gets. But at least for now there hasn't been something to make me interested in her yet as a character. Gameplay-wise people tend to call her useless as well but I've done my own research there and I've come to the opposite conclusion, it appears that she rather kicks a lot of ass inside her niche. But it is a niche that has some pretty big overlap with other servants I own, so I don't think I'd want to invest so much exp and materials into her right away if I did get her... and while I don't have any real complaints about her actual design, I'm not really a fan of the particular art-style. So at least for me, she doesn't really have anything drawing me in and no real upsides to having her along.

So those are the two that would be, at least for me, the most disappointing GSSR pulls. Anyone else I either like them a lot or at the very least could put their kits to a lot of good use. They both seem to be good characters in their own right, but they don't mesh well with me at all and they are better off in another Chaldea for another master who can truly appreciate them more.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2020, 06:07:33 AM »
I mean, those are perfectly good reasons. Nothing worth bringing out the tiki torches, even.

As for me, I'm running Extra and praying I don't get Jeanne, because as much as the defense boost at NP2 helps screen enemy action outside of NP turns, it doesn't help nearly as much as literally any other potential NP2 in the relevant categories.

If I didn't manage to grab Brynhild, I would have likely contemplated running Lancer, but given I already have Karna and NP2 Tamalancer, reducing the Lancer weight even more makes it an easy answer.

Also blugh I need to get around to beating LB2 because we need a sombrero on our head to get mom to wake us up to watch Onicure, plus I need to get around to Aurora Steel farming for Ortlinde; but I do not have the motivation right now.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:12:53 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2020, 05:05:42 AM »
All of the Statesman Re-Run is live...

Just what do I do with the extra Bunyan's?

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2020, 05:38:33 AM »
All of the Statesman Re-Run is live...

Just what do I do with the extra Bunyan's?

You can keep some extra bunyans if you want to use her as a swap-in-swap-out buffer by keeping her a lower level so she dies quicker. Works better if you happen to have taunt CEs, but either way, it's some kind of an idea to put on the backburner for maybe potential future use. Better than just burning her anyways since it gives more options even if they're reeeeeally niche ones.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2020, 10:34:52 PM »
My body is ready for the maintenance tonight. Question is, are we going to take down the servers a la JP New Year 2018?