~Beyond the Border~ > Akyuu's Arcade
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
<< < (2/4) > >>
degradingwindow:

--- Quote from: moons1de_ on October 23, 2023, 10:57:37 PM ---I honestly envy people who can even be proficient at more than one character, as I only can play Ness extremely well while if I try other characters I get destroyed because of character differences clashing with my muscle memory.

I have played some other Smash games. I've played Smash 4 and Ultimate the most, some of Brawl and 64, and I haven't bothered with Melee even though it's one of my favorites to watch and learn about. I've wanted to get Melee for quite some time now but I don't want to bother spending money on an actual system or spend money on a USB-compliant Gamecube Controller for an emulator.

--- End quote ---

I heavily respect the hustle of being a Ness player, it's tough out there with so many people hating on the poor guy.

I recently watched a video on aMSa, a Yoshi player and it still baffles me how 22 years later, this game still has an active community.

I'm a cheapstake so whenever I emulate or need a controller I use a cheap Logitech USB controller(The same one that was used in the Titan submarine that went to the Titanic).

I guess I would like to play Melee too, but only for novelty purposes.

hyorinryu:
I've been too busy to bother with anything needing skill for years. I wouldn't mind playing people here though. I'm warning you though. I'm just a casual.
HartWurst:

--- Quote from: degradingwindow on October 23, 2023, 01:36:49 AM ---It's amazing how the "hate" for the Ness PK Fire has seeped into Lucas as well. Some people think Lucas is just Ness's echo fighter and they assume both their PK Fires do the same thing and people just say "Don't you dare spam PK Fire at me".

My friends say my Cloud play is much better than my Lucas play with makes me sad because I actively spend more time playing and practicing with Lucas and I only play Cloud when I get Lucas burnout :/

Have you played the other smash games?
I'm a smash ultimate normie, the most I know about other smash games is that fox is great in melee.

--- End quote ---

Cloud is a really accessible character compared to Lucas since his moves are a lot simpler. Lucas' moves require a lot of practice and game knowledge to know how to use well like his recovery and his aerials. But good Lucas players are really fun to watch, so I hope that you keep practicing with him and make him your best character.
degradingwindow:

--- Quote from: HartWurst on January 09, 2024, 06:11:43 PM ---Cloud is a really accessible character compared to Lucas since his moves are a lot simpler. Lucas' moves require a lot of practice and game knowledge to know how to use well like his recovery and his aerials. But good Lucas players are really fun to watch, so I hope that you keep practicing with him and make him your best character.

--- End quote ---
Cloud is basically just a swordfighter and the Limit system is just an extra add-on.
I started playing Lucas because of his source material (Nintendo please localize Mother 3). Lucas fits my game style more than Ness. I still haven't mastered the DJCZ but I can pull off all the other Lucas tricks easily enough.

Who are your mains? You seem to be well versed in Ultimate.
HartWurst:

--- Quote from: degradingwindow on January 10, 2024, 12:20:55 AM ---Cloud is basically just a swordfighter and the Limit system is just an extra add-on.
I started playing Lucas because of his source material (Nintendo please localize Mother 3). Lucas fits my game style more than Ness. I still haven't mastered the DJCZ but I can pull off all the other Lucas tricks easily enough.

Who are your mains? You seem to be well versed in Ultimate.

--- End quote ---

My main has been Hero since he's come out, but as of late it feels like my Hero has been getting worse so I've been experimenting with other characters. Haven't found one which I can stick with though, since a lot of them have aspects which I really don't like, even if I like the rest of the character. Plus none of them have as much dumb RNG as Hero.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version