~Beyond the Border~ > Akyuu's Arcade
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
(1/4) > >>
moons1de_:
I know this forum can be pretty diverse so not everyone has access to the game or just hasn't played it, but I've yet to see any discussion of it on this new rendition of the forums so I might as well make a contribution. But the main reason I'm making this post is because I'm curious to see if anyone plays it a lot or just has some sort of experience with playing it (with friends, family or whenever I suppose).

I've been playing the game quite a lot recently since I've been bored with everything else life has given me, so I've kind of become good at the game. Any characters you guys specifically play or do you just play any character you feel like playing?

Thanks for any feedback!!
degradingwindow:
I've played smash causally with friends when I still had Nintendo Online.

My main is Lucas but I also like playing Cloud and Villager.
moons1de_:

--- Quote from: degradingwindow on October 19, 2023, 01:20:54 AM ---I've played smash causally with friends when I still had Nintendo Online.

My main is Lucas but I also like playing Cloud and Villager.

--- End quote ---
I'm so glad Ness and Lucas got buffed significantly in Smash Ultimate. Although they aren't "top tier" material, they still do pretty well and can dominate a lot of match-ups with other characters (Also it's nice to be able to prove that Ness and Lucas are viable characters now seeing as fellow players and myself always got hated on for "spamming" PK Fire). Cloud isn't as great as he was in Smash 4 but I used to destroy people with him and he still does great. I don't really have any experience fighting a Villager player or playing as him, he seems to be a pretty alright character and can do really good with some match-ups.
degradingwindow:

--- Quote from: moons1de_ on October 21, 2023, 08:59:38 PM ---I'm so glad Ness and Lucas got buffed significantly in Smash Ultimate. Although they aren't "top tier" material, they still do pretty well and can dominate a lot of match-ups with other characters (Also it's nice to be able to prove that Ness and Lucas are viable characters now seeing as fellow players and myself always got hated on for "spamming" PK Fire). Cloud isn't as great as he was in Smash 4 but I used to destroy people with him and he still does great. I don't really have any experience fighting a Villager player or playing as him, he seems to be a pretty alright character and can do really good with some match-ups.

--- End quote ---
It's amazing how the "hate" for the Ness PK Fire has seeped into Lucas as well. Some people think Lucas is just Ness's echo fighter and they assume both their PK Fires do the same thing and people just say "Don't you dare spam PK Fire at me".

My friends say my Cloud play is much better than my Lucas play with makes me sad because I actively spend more time playing and practicing with Lucas and I only play Cloud when I get Lucas burnout :/

Have you played the other smash games?
I'm a smash ultimate normie, the most I know about other smash games is that fox is great in melee.
moons1de_:

--- Quote from: degradingwindow on October 23, 2023, 01:36:49 AM ---It's amazing how the "hate" for the Ness PK Fire has seeped into Lucas as well. Some people think Lucas is just Ness's echo fighter and they assume both their PK Fires do the same thing and people just say "Don't you dare spam PK Fire at me".

My friends say my Cloud play is much better than my Lucas play with makes me sad because I actively spend more time playing and practicing with Lucas and I only play Cloud when I get Lucas burnout :/

Have you played the other smash games?
I'm a smash ultimate normie, the most I know about other smash games is that fox is great in melee.

--- End quote ---
I honestly envy people who can even be proficient at more than one character, as I only can play Ness extremely well while if I try other characters I get destroyed because of character differences clashing with my muscle memory.

I have played some other Smash games. I've played Smash 4 and Ultimate the most, some of Brawl and 64, and I haven't bothered with Melee even though it's one of my favorites to watch and learn about. I've wanted to get Melee for quite some time now but I don't want to bother spending money on an actual system or spend money on a USB-compliant Gamecube Controller for an emulator.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version