~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

Touhou-style Album Thread: BEEG UPDATE (TM)

<< < (6/15) > >>

Impakt:
Seems like discussion here has stalled out. I have emailed NRT and tweeted at them as well, which seems to be the only way to get your hands on Elemental Quintet these days (as of 2018...). Will reply back if I make progress.

Separately I purchased The Artificial City. It's ok but probably not worth the $17 I paid for it. Would host somewhere if people are interested.

Popcioslav:
Thanks a lot of for keeping the thread bumped, gotta update the images over the course of Christmas whenever I will have the time. Technically Burnyuho did release another minicrossover album and Useless made Smells Like Beer 3&4 so I will also include and compile that in the nearby future.

--- Quote from: Impakt on December 17, 2022, 04:34:13 PM ---Seems like discussion here has stalled out. I have emailed NRT and tweeted at them as well, which seems to be the only way to get your hands on Elemental Quintet these days (as of 2018...). Will reply back if I make progress.

Separately I purchased The Artificial City. It's ok but probably not worth the $17 I paid for it. Would host somewhere if people are interested.
--- End quote ---
As you might know, I'm interested in both.
I'm only just now making double sure I'm saving whole albums, because I see them taken down so often.
I might actually be one of the few people still having any Rapture of Khione songs because I only saved one, the stage 2 boss theme made by Jani.

--- Quote from: Wookywok on December 04, 2022, 03:12:10 PM ---Well, if this thread is getting bumped anyway, I might as well post the album I made...

https://wookywok.itch.io/awakening-deep-mythos

--- End quote ---
Looks solid, I'll listen through to it.

Anyways, as for the rest of the albums shared, I'll try to include them, but, small explanation:
- I've been mostly including high quality eastern albums to spread info about them, gilde's help also helped in making an info dump of sorts for them. I know it's just my personal preference, but I'd prefer to mostly include things I find at least almost as good or interesting as stuff ZUN or Kaisendo Team makes and ones that have an extra barrier of entry like translations and extra story, with a lot of western albums, I don't see the need for a forum thread when all that's needed to get the gist of it is the youtube video/download link, but of course you can always suggest anything.

- I know not every artist is fine with spreading the word and free downloads of their work. For something that is available only via discontinued or japanese only sites, they usually understand and I think noone will mind or at least harass me about it, but I've been told to avoid sharing work of some composers whose albums have been mentioned, but of course you can always suggest anything.

- Personal bias. I'd rather not include anything from people I personally know, worked with or had issues with in the past, unless I can really look past that, but of course, list of those people (especially the last part) in Touhou community is too expansive, so you can always suggest anything.
And most importantly, thank you for keeping this thread alive.

Impakt:

--- Quote from: Popcioslav on December 22, 2022, 04:20:06 AM ---
Anyways, as for the rest of the albums shared, I'll try to include them, but, small explanation:
- I've been mostly including high quality eastern albums to spread info about them, gilde's help also helped in making an info dump of sorts for them. I know it's just my personal preference, but I'd prefer to mostly include things I find at least almost as good or interesting as stuff ZUN or Kaisendo Team makes and ones that have an extra barrier of entry like translations and extra story, with a lot of western albums, I don't see the need for a forum thread when all that's needed to get the gist of it is the youtube video/download link, but of course you can always suggest anything.

- I know not every artist is fine with spreading the word and free downloads of their work. For something that is available only via discontinued or japanese only sites, they usually understand and I think noone will mind or at least harass me about it, but I've been told to avoid sharing work of some composers whose albums have been mentioned, but of course you can always suggest anything.

- Personal bias. I'd rather not include anything from people I personally know, worked with or had issues with in the past, unless I can really look past that, but of course, list of those people (especially the last part) in Touhou community is too expansive, so you can always suggest anything.
And most importantly, thank you for keeping this thread alive.

--- End quote ---

Noted. I share your quality-threshold for inclusion here. I mostly prefer these fully baked doujin projects vs random youtube or soundcloud uploads. Artificial City download here. I took a stab at translating song names but it's just google translate. Not $17 worth of value in my opinion vs some of the free options but I guess good to have it for fellow enjoyers. May buy Silent of Soul for same reason next month.

No progress on Elemental Quintet even though i see NRT has been active on twitter since I tweeted at them. Will probably just need someone who has it to directly upload as i've done.

--- Quote from: Popcioslav on December 22, 2022, 04:20:06 AM ---I might actually be one of the few people still having any Rapture of Khione songs because I only saved one, the stage 2 boss theme made by Jani.

--- End quote ---

Looks like this might be track 6 by Roka Enzaki. I think Roka is active with the Paradise of Boundaries latin american Touhou circle

Popcioslav:

--- Quote from: Impakt on December 27, 2022, 02:20:58 PM ---No progress on Elemental Quintet even though i see NRT has been active on twitter since I tweeted at them. Will probably just need someone who has it to directly upload as i've done.

--- End quote ---
No need to!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jg1PYVrnVLpm-99j1hteKJ9R6G49KNI2?usp=share_link (will take it down if NRT or anyone involved wishes so)

I've found it after checking through my old discord messages for the 5th time (I swear I couldn't find it before). I also thank you for the Artificial City download.
Over next few days I'll also add at least links to Artificial City to OP (if simply because of how long I've been looking for the full version), Memory of Dreams Pillow (lots of good tracks, especially 5th stage boss theme, Festive Drums) as well as Wookywok's Awekening Deep Mythos (wasn't expecting cheeptune mixed with ZUN style to sound as good and both Stage 3 and Extra Boss theme really stuck with me), Sunshiny of Frenzy (a 4 stage mini album by Misora I've found while browsing) as well as anything I've missed in between and has been mentioned in this thread, like Kuroha's stuff and Blue Moon Rhapsody.

Also found OST to a project called Touhou Prosperity and Hunger. It has a couple of good songs. Here's the booth link: https://booth.pm/en/items/3792376
And despite having the above OST on my phone for months, I've just now realized there's also the youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSvCoiSVzcSFFnEu0KsoV_5qho1ZBD2E
and other albums from the author. I'll consider it, even though it does feel a bit off I think?

--- Quote from: Impakt on December 27, 2022, 02:20:58 PM ---I think Roka is active with the Paradise of Boundaries latin american Touhou circle

--- End quote ---
Thanks, I remember Roka being a big help back in the day, it also turns out I actually also have the two songs by Useless as well from that project. Might slowly piece together that demo OST as well with help from others.
Anyways, if you want to buy and share Silent of Soul, I'd be grateful, but you guys have already done more than enough. Seriously, thanks and happy new year to you!

Impakt:
Wow, thank you. Will let you know on SoS.

Yeah I won't post all of them here since it's not the point of the thread, but that Paradise of Boundaries group has several good remixed/ remastered ZUN albums like Lotus Land Story. I think they have one or two original albums as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version