~Beyond the Border~ > Akyuu's Arcade
Magic the Gathering/TCG thread: Secret Lairs and Oko scares
<< < (4/4)
commandercool:
Yeah I haven't updated Arena in a while because my laptop's wireless card is on its last legs and I don't want to subject opponents to my shaky connection, but I've really been enjoying watching Ikoria streams. I hope there'll be a chance to play paper sealed with it some day. It looks fun. Potentially pretty complicated, but fun.
commandercool:
Just opened my Ikoria box. My box topper was the forbidden Spacegodzilla, the box itself was okay. Three triomes, five mythics, nothing TOO crazy, but definitely fine. I was really hoping for an Ozolith and didn't open one, but a buddy did so I'm sure I can get his once trading becomes a thing again.
commandercool:
So what do you guys think of the hubbub around changing the hybrid rule in Commander? Saffronolive keeps arguing "The only argument against it is just saying 'But color identity!' and that's not a real argument", but like... I feel like it kind of is? People like Commander because deckbuilding restrictions are fun and interesting, so I feel like chipping away at them isn't super worth it unless the upside is huge. The upside of allowing hybrid cards in any matching color identity doesn't seem like it has huge upside. I dunno, I wouldn't be super upset if the rule got changed, but I would prefer it not change unless there's a big reason to that I'm not seeing.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version