~Hakurei Shrine~ > Tech Support

Strange Controllers

(1/4) > >>

Anna:
I haven't been a Touhou fan for very long but the series has captured me with it's lore and characters. But the reason I'm on this tech board is because I'm somewhat of a,"video game masochist(?)." My first interaction with Touhou was through my (ex-ish?)boyfriend and I immediately caught interest. However I love difficulty in games,and I wanted harder. So I got a program to run my Logitech Joystick as my arrow keys and played Touhou 15 on Lunatic. My problem however is that I wanted harder and more...ludicrous. I now have in my possession a Sega Dreamcast fishing rod controller,but my usual program won't respond to it. I was hoping maybe some people here could help me figure it out?

Anna:
Also me being a new user and not knowing how this works and everything I'm kinda screaming internally rn becuase I do not know how to join in on things so ahhhhhhhhhhh

deice:
the dreamcast fishing rod is probably one of the more unorthodox controllers out there, so because it was designed for very limited use (and is pretty obscure), most mapping programs such as joy2key don't natively support it. maybe if you were really dedicated you could hire a technician and give them a lot of money so they could analyze and design an adapter for it, but that would probably be excessive.

if you want a more difficult touhou experience, there's always arbitrarily imposed limitations and ultra patches. not sure if touhou 15 has an ultra patch yet, but there's the black label version with scarcer resources and faster bullets

Niektory:
I have a feeling you might have trouble finding people who have experience playing Touhou with a fishing rod controller. :D

I can't really offer any advice other than trying different programs if your "usual" (you could name it at least) doesn't work. Did you try AntiMicro?

Anna:

--- Quote from: deice on March 04, 2020, 07:11:19 PM ---the dreamcast fishing rod is probably one of the more unorthodox controllers out there, so because it was designed for very limited use (and is pretty obscure), most mapping programs such as joy2key don't natively support it. maybe if you were really dedicated you could hire a technician and give them a lot of money so they could analyze and design an adapter for it, but that would probably be excessive.

if you want a more difficult touhou experience, there's always arbitrarily imposed limitations and ultra patches. not sure if touhou 15 has an ultra patch yet, but there's the black label version with scarcer resources and faster bullets

--- End quote ---

good thing I just ordered this lol
https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Dreamcast-Controller-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00K7YK0YA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version