Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1053098 times)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 4
« Reply #2490 on: March 19, 2020, 04:00:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure the scumteam thought Serela was a governor, not a cop. It's really the only thing that makes sense as to why he didn't die. This is probably also why sb isn't showing up because he's incredibly tilted at the fact that Kilga put a cop and a vig and masons in the game and the scumteam probably has... I'd have to guess a roleblocker maybe, tops. So after three mislynches we're still favoured to win. Take that as a mafia member; how mad would you be that town has done nothing right and are yet still favoured to win?
That's why I have a bad feeling about this. It looks too simple. It suggests one of our assumptions might be wrong.

What if Prims was killed to provide cover for Serela, so he could say "I was investigating him, totally not shooting him!" But breadcrumbing his nightkill... nah, that's too crazy.

I'm gonna be real after Tommy flipped town while playing like that my motivation to play the game just died.
Yeah, Tommy "why am I always wagoned" Duskfall. "You can't townread me confidently! I'm the best scum player mwahaha!" was an insult to injury.

« Reply #2491 on: March 19, 2020, 04:35:57 PM »
Doing absolutely nothing gets you lynched, there's no scum benefit it in because you cede control of the lynch and people don't town read you, and on top of that people really like lynching people who aren't there and talking.
Sure, it's bad to do as scum, but terrible to do as town. If we assume both you and zwerdjib are town, then your lack of votes yesterday meant we needed unanimous remaining town votes to lynch scum. (or bussing, but we all know there are no buses in Gensokyo)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #2492 on: March 19, 2020, 06:21:42 PM »
Just a reminder of Refa's last post.

Just going to put my final reads that was in reply to Shadoweh before the hammer (and changed a lot after the hammer TBH, for one it doesn't have her at the top).

DON'T WANT TO LYNCH
Dormio
NNR
Oarfish
Raikaria
Nuxl
Duskfall

MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT
Zwerd
Serela

THESE PEOPLE ARE 100% SCUM AFTER THESE NIGHTKILLS PUSH THE fire truck OUT OF THEM
SB
Conqueror

NON ENTITIES
ActionDan
Niektory

Okay, see you later.

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #2493 on: March 19, 2020, 09:23:25 PM »
sigh this is another dodge-modkill post for a bit.

I barely glanced at this last night (only looked at Raikaria's vote post) then went to sleep. I'll glaze over the walls of the last 2 pages

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2494 on: March 19, 2020, 09:40:10 PM »
That's why I have a bad feeling about this. It looks too simple. It suggests one of our assumptions might be wrong.

What if Prims was killed to provide cover for Serela, so he could say "I was investigating him, totally not shooting him!" But breadcrumbing his nightkill... nah, that's too crazy.
Yeah, Tommy "why am I always wagoned" Duskfall. "You can't townread me confidently! I'm the best scum player mwahaha!" was an insult to injury.

Or Serela could've just pretended to cop someone else who was the night kill. You're right in that Serela could've chosen the N1 kill on purpose, but that doesn't mean it had to be Prims. Prims was killed deliberately over other choices.

« Reply #2495 on: March 19, 2020, 09:48:13 PM »
True.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2496 on: March 19, 2020, 10:01:30 PM »
i like how half the living players are just 'yeah i don't really... feel like playing very hard anymore. here's my vote, later'. I'm in this group too, but I'm probably about to peace out in a coffin so I don't feel TOO bad about it.

Altho' I might have to do a little rereading and critical thinking when wagon consolidation comes up zzzzzzzzzzzz

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2497 on: March 19, 2020, 10:04:14 PM »
I mean whoever's the town in the group should feel ashamed tbh.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2498 on: March 19, 2020, 10:08:29 PM »
tbf the argument of "I bet scum is really demotivated because town's done everything wrong and is still currently probably in favor of winning due to roles" is, I imagine, quite accurate for the scumteam's current level of investment and I can't blame them, but it'll take 'til endgame to see who that all actually applies to

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #2499 on: March 19, 2020, 10:32:42 PM »
I mean whoever's the town in the group should feel ashamed tbh.

I mean I'm trying but it feels like I'm the only one.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #2500 on: March 20, 2020, 12:12:03 AM »
Vote Count 4.2

O4rfish (Rumia) (0):
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (0):
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (2): Dormio Ergo Sum, Raikaria
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (0): NekoNekoRex, NekoNekoRex, Dormio Ergo Sum
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (3): NekoNekoRex, Disquieted, Conqueror, Conqueror
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (2): Serela, Serela, Conqueror, sb
Disquieted (Reimu Hakurei) (0): Conqueror
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0): Raikaria
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (0):
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (4): O4rfish, zwerdjib, ActionDan, Niektory

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch. You have a bit over 23 hours remaining to vote.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #2501 on: March 20, 2020, 12:32:57 AM »
query (Playerbase)
{
        cout <<(unvote)
        cout <<(scum)+(zwerdjib)
}
##Unvote
##Vote: zwerdjib

[/quote]

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #2502 on: March 20, 2020, 12:34:16 AM »
// I hate phoneposting.

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #2503 on: March 20, 2020, 12:53:53 AM »
Continuing this game is difficult knowing Serela will fulfill her Ultimate Destiny and complete the Eldest Elite Prophecy to throw the game at LYLO once more
Right after this Disquieted votes O4rfish and Serela drops his bomb. THE PLOT THICKENS

Seems like we're set to get the prophecy fulfilled by leaving The Serela Question for later. But trying to avert prophecies tends to be futile anyway.

So anyway, assuming Serela is town, the likely scum team seems to be Conqueror, sb, zwerdjib and ActionDan. Raikaria and Disquieted less likely.
Still thinking which one to vote. Re-reading stuff.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #2504 on: March 20, 2020, 01:03:14 AM »
query (Playerbase)
{
        cout <<(unvote)
        cout <<(scum)+(zwerdjib)
}
##Unvote
##Vote: zwerdjib

what happened there

« Reply #2505 on: March 20, 2020, 01:04:51 AM »
So I have come to the uncomfortable realization that I'm a lot less invested in playing when I'm not under suspicion. 

« Reply #2506 on: March 20, 2020, 01:11:29 AM »
##Vote: sb

« Reply #2507 on: March 20, 2020, 02:05:27 AM »
sb at L-2

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #2508 on: March 20, 2020, 02:17:32 AM »
rai, there are a number of reasons nuxl could have died over me that have nothing to do with me being potentially mafia. if sb is scum that's reason enough for nuxl to have died yesterday.

I don't really care to defend myself from cases like "SB has had bad scumreads in a game where we have only mislynched town" (despite NNR's scumreads being similarly strawberries) and "SB has done nothing, if you ignore everything in their posts". Maybe smartbomb is scum for it? I dunno though, Refa's subout seemed townie. If I get lynched though, don't just turbo Conq tomorrow for the exact same strawberries that I'm being blamed for.
weren't you suspecting me yesterday? you agreed with smartbomb's case on me lol, what happened with that?

Sure, it's bad to do as scum, but terrible to do as town. If we assume both you and zwerdjib are town, then your lack of votes yesterday meant we needed unanimous remaining town votes to lynch scum. (or bussing, but we all know there are no buses in Gensokyo)
I will concede I'm not having the best game right now, yes. Although when I left it looked like Dan was going to get lynched easily without my vote. Despite what people in this game have said about no lynches and majority, we played on this site for a good number of years with maj lynch only and fairly low volume, and no lynch still only happened a handful of times. i've sat out on lynches while not voting in past games when it looked like there was wide consensus for a lynch, this isn't something that i only did in this game. although in this game it was more because i missed out on deadline than anything else. but that's for reasons outside the game.

People keep talking about Serela's claim but you don't even need his claim to evaluate him, just look at how he played the end of d3 wrt trying to hold the duskfall wagon hammer hostage to force a zeep lynch through. most tellingly, duskfall flipped town. serela just isnt that motivated to make that kind of play as mafia to try and save someone who isnt on his own team. it would have to be good acting for the sake of theatrics but im pretty sure serela's acting as mafia isnt that good; he would just have let it gone through.

anyway this game is dragging. if people don't have anything to say let's just move on to the next day before we all flake. sb sounds like he gave up and he would def be fighting back here if he was town here. well i guess serela should say stuff before he likely poofs tonight.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2509 on: March 20, 2020, 02:35:00 AM »
honestly I don't think I have a lot to add. I still have too many townreads to solve the game through anything other than PoE rather than scumhunting. SB today looks pretty bad so due to PoE I buy him being scum, zwerd is still probably scum, Dan looks better than before but through PoE he probably has to be scum anyway. I'd be really surprised if Rai or Refsmartbomb aren't town, Niek I had my reasons for townclearing and refsb seems to mirror the sentiment... and conq or niek is probably the last scum just because they literally would have to be?

mirroring sentiment to just finish consolidating, decide between lynching zwerd or SB, and moving on. Extremely little happened in the last 24 hours and half the players or more are about ready for the game to work towards it's end it looks like

« Reply #2510 on: March 20, 2020, 03:29:04 AM »
OK then, I guess I'll go to sleep with

##Vote: zwerdjib (L-2)

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

« Reply #2511 on: March 20, 2020, 03:34:30 AM »
Oh, and almost forgot. Get well raikaria.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2512 on: March 20, 2020, 03:57:16 AM »
I actually do have something to say, made more relevant by the fact that Conqueror's at least trying now, which is good.

There is a distinct issue that the reason why the game is dead is not because scum have wholly given up, but because their win is pretty much secure in the way we're going. We could lynch through three mafia but if the fourth is safely ensconced in nonsense we lose regardless. Thing is short of Oarfish playing a don card extremely well I can't see how this is going to work. But it's a possibility.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2513 on: March 20, 2020, 03:59:34 AM »
what happened there

Also are you serious. Come on dude.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #2514 on: March 20, 2020, 04:36:11 AM »
Also are you serious. Come on dude.

did you miss the [/quote] mishap?

i honestly might just get a sub but id feel bad putting someone in just to be lynched so im very conflicted on my feelings for this game

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2515 on: March 20, 2020, 04:59:44 AM »
zwerd... literally not even voting his counterwagon (which he has a full one, somehow)... i don't even

and sb isn't exactly
doing any better here

i swear to god if either of you people flip town @_@

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2516 on: March 20, 2020, 05:01:59 AM »
it's very realistic for town!zwerd to get sb lynched instead here with just a -semblance- of trying to participate

but he's just

not even bothering to vote him up to l-1

and sb went like two days without posting before dropping an 'eh, i'm done, here i'll vote this guy i guess'

*hands on head* this makes sense if they're just defeatist scum but this is absolutely surreal

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2517 on: March 20, 2020, 05:34:28 AM »
zwerd... literally not even voting his counterwagon (which he has a full one, somehow)... i don't even

and sb isn't exactly
doing any better here

i swear to god if either of you people flip town @_@

nah it's ok me too thanks

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #2518 on: March 20, 2020, 05:57:09 AM »
I have nothing to add except that I would still rather see an SB flip today.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #2519 on: March 20, 2020, 06:07:27 AM »
Ya looking through

I favor lynching sb now. That one post today just reads as giving up as scum. Not going to vote just yet though.

Among the other thoughts swirling in my head, playwise, is that I sense I'll be the designated mislynch tomorrow (or possibly sometime later). I'm seeing myself hand waved into the POE scum pile by Serela/Smartbomb/Conq. I'm pretty fine with that, there's no way I'll ever leave that territory and I have a lot of leftover feelings of accepting that fate yesterday too.

Mechanically, there are a few things that caught my eye wrt Serela's cop claim. I guess this is mainly directed at Smartbomb but also I'm just thinking in general.

I'm pretty sure the scumteam thought Serela was a governor, not a cop. It's really the only thing that makes sense as to why he didn't die. This is probably also why sb isn't showing up because he's incredibly tilted at the fact that Kilga put a cop and a vig and masons in the game and the scumteam probably has... I'd have to guess a roleblocker maybe, tops. So after three mislynches we're still favoured to win. Take that as a mafia member; how mad would you be that town has done nothing right and are yet still favoured to win?

It was pretty clear sb didn't believe Serela was any sort of information role; whether you choose to believe that's TMI that sb knows more of the setup than he's letting on is up to you. But yeah, he was definitely caught off-guard by Serela's claim and it shows pretty clearly and is why I'm theorizing this in the first place.

This is not believable to me. Let's assume a competent scumteam. And let's also assume the scumteam has the power to disrupt or at least counter a cop, which if serela's claim is true, they'd have to have. As of yet, no other informational role has been claimed. One could argue that masons alone might fill that gap but we're at a point of the game where only masons + vig have been revealed so we're missing something. If Serela is claiming emphatically that Oarfish is town and that he won't be lynched on Serela's watch. That should still be a concern of scum even if they thought that just meant oh governer (and then they'd have to think it makes sense for Serela to really really really want to govern Oarfish). Basically, why wouldn't scum at least action on Serela anyway even if they were close to sure Serela was not a cop just in case? I don't think scum would do that unless there is an advantage somewhere to Serela being left alive and untouched. To me that suggests a GF. Either Oarfish or someone else that scum might have wanted to be copped. (Or Serela is lying, but masons + cop + vig seems barely ok because there are situations where vig clashes with masons/cop).