Author Topic: Bored of Touhou? So do I...  (Read 1251 times)

SeroVich

• ✟ Youkai Hunter Maniac ✟
Bored of Touhou? So do I...
« on: October 04, 2024, 06:36:04 PM »
We know that if we enjoy the same thing for a longer period of time, eventually we'll feel bored and tired of it, and go out to find new interesting series that catches our eyes (or return back to the old series we used to enjoy). Sooooooo, I'm feeling that fatigue with Touhou right now, not even playing Touhou 1 that much :P. I am now just into other stuff, like Higurashi, maaaybe the Law of Ueki, bits of Seihou Project and I wanna play Devil May Cry (even though I don't have physical copies, and getting the games on Steam is nothing but a dream, due to the prices :meiling:.). So, how you guys get over this kind of fatigue?

CyberAngel

• Hope is the first step on a road to disappointment
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
Re: Bored of Touhou? So do I...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2024, 08:21:14 PM »
Coming back in a month or a few helps. Works for me even to improve gameplay skills due to relearning everything and seeing stuff I couldn't before.

SeroVich

• ✟ Youkai Hunter Maniac ✟
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 01:45:18 PM »
Coming back in a month or a few helps. Works for me even to improve gameplay skills due to relearning everything and seeing stuff I couldn't before.

Useful advice. Thanks!  :cirnotan:

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2024, 09:25:45 PM »
It's kind of sad to see yourself growing bored of a long-time fixation, but like you said, it's bound to happen sooner or later, no point in trying to go against it.

Still, touhou has a way of sticking with you, fanart of the characters online, or the music and its many covers. For me at least these things inevitably, given enough time, build up the nostalgia needed to pull me back into the games for a while.

Though I'll probably never play them with the same vigor as when first discovering them.

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2024, 01:56:32 AM »
It's kind of sad to see yourself growing bored of a long-time fixation, but like you said, it's bound to happen sooner or later, no point in trying to go against it.

Still, touhou has a way of sticking with you, fanart of the characters online, or the music and its many covers. For me at least these things inevitably, given enough time, build up the nostalgia needed to pull me back into the games for a while.

Though I'll probably never play them with the same vigor as when first discovering them.

Yeah, the way I like to think about it is, your love for it doesn't really ever go away, it just becomes a part of you. Like I don't play the official games for hours on end nowadays, but I used to, and those are still lovely memories and time well spent, and I'll still be excited for new games and fangames to come out.

Vance_croowa_08

• ORINGLES
  • Yo! How u doin' ?
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2024, 11:37:35 AM »
I don't know why or how, but i just can't seem to get tired of Touhou. It has been my hyperfixation for almost 3 years now (which is honestly something i did not expect) and i am so emotionally attached to the characters that i just can't stop loving it! My mind has been Touhou hijacked basically lmao
"all toasters toast toast"

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2024, 07:03:24 AM »
You will naturally return after some time, usually one or a few months. I just started playing Touhou games again after a few months of doing other things like watching anime and playing Summer Pockets RB (amazing visual novel btw). Yesterday I 1cc'd Dream Logical World (on easy tho :( ) and I'm still thinking about the last spellcard from stage 5.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2024, 01:24:24 PM »
Maybe try exploring some Touhou music in genres you didn't ever think you'd normally enjoy. I generally dislike jazz, but last year I spent quite a bit of time listetning to Touhou jazz - think SWING HOLIC and DDBY. Folky Touhou tunes are great too if you never tried those. I dislike traditional music, but Japanese artists can do wonders with pipes and strings.