Author Topic: Have you guys ever wondered how cats get shelter during a rainy weather?  (Read 2688 times)

SeroVich

• ✟ Youkai Hunter Maniac ✟
I all times wonder how they even get some kind of shelter. I mean, for sure in my case, there's some places that's keeping them felines safe. How about yours, men?

CyberAngel

• Hope is the first step on a road to disappointment
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
Re: Have you guys ever wondered how cats get shelter during a rainy weather?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 09:30:02 PM »
I've mostly seen strays hide from rain and cold in basements. They probably love hanging out near heating systems.

That said, my town has plenty of "cat houses" made by people who care. As big as doghouses but with extra "shelves" for multiple cats, with old blankets, food trays and water bowls.

SeroVich

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2024, 03:09:01 AM »
[Well, from where I live from, they go to a parking area, since it is easy to go to; with no doors blocking their way.

Well, unfortunately, they don't have any kind of cat houses. Not many people care about stray cats where I live.... (╯_╰)

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2024, 04:21:42 PM »
My country doesn't have (many) stray animals going about, but I remember that during my childhood in the countryside the cats can very easily enter some abandoned houses or sheds. They only need a very tiny opening. At least I often found our cat lounging about in our different sheds, and all the doors and windows were locked.

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2024, 10:13:27 PM »
Oh from my country,Italy ,outdoors house and the almost-rare stray cats t is either under the underside a parked vehicle,the hotter the engine the better for cat-warm, more or less close-by a house,or external close-by-houses veranda spaces  , preferring dry-wood  or low-porosity stone sections, and at least the more covering and knit-together house-garden big shrubs. " 

For feral cats individuals or colonies it is either ,as long as overall hanging-out is mostly-low, and approach is relatively low ,"man-made cat-kennels for feral cats ",a briefly-used shed, the underside of a no-longer-used parked vehicle or even just a " big natural veranda-like  space with no or few visitors".

of
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 10:16:24 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

SeroVich

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2024, 04:32:29 AM »
Anyhow, why are there many stray cats on the streets? The streets are even more dangerous than a natural biosphere.

CyberAngel

• Hope is the first step on a road to disappointment
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2024, 11:40:40 AM »
No, not even close. Plenty of places to hide, lots of food in trash, and dangerous places (roads) are static and easy to avoid. Uncontrollable reproduction used to be a huge problem in cities until trap-neuter-release became the norm, and even that isn't a perfect control method because good luck catching every single one.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2024, 01:18:47 PM »
Our outgoing cat tends to return all wet during rain, so she presumably doesn't actually hide anywhere unless the precipitation is overwhelming. I don't know about strays, I never see any around our place, but if there are any, the stairs under our balcony would provide very good shelter.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2024, 04:14:14 PM »
Around my area, most stray cats tend to hide in garages (most garages here are open air which means they're basically just a roof balanced on 4 sticks), roofed balconies and if by chance someone leaves a window or door open, they tend to go inside and chill. Due to that, their tendency to steal food and rummage around trash cans, people don't like them that much. Some going as far as pouring boiling water on some of them and other sorts of degenerate actions so I'd actually say people are more dangerous towards cats than the rain.

But atleast when it comes to rain, the stray cats around here are much better off than the stray dogs since they can't pull those same maneuvers and they're generally much bigger than cats.