Author Topic: Which Touhou Girl are you?  (Read 9766 times)

Re: Which Touhou Girl are you?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2024, 01:19:47 PM »
I had already done the new version of the quiz on the new thread the creator made.
These were my results back then.
Quote from: Which Touhou Am I? (2021)
    You Are:
    More Specialized than Open.
    Neither Headstrong nor Flexible.
    Neither Innocent nor Knowledgeable.
    More Isolationist than Intervening.
    More Utilitarian than Harmonious.

Closest Match: Alice Margatroid
    Runner-Up: Fujiwara no Mokou

I decided to also do this one because the old and new quiz have enough differences to matter and I did that one 3 Years ago, things about me may have changed.
These are the current results.
Quote from: Which Touhou Am I? (Old, 2024)
    You are ...
    More Specialized than Open
    More Headstrong than Flexible
    More Innocent than Knowledgeable
    More Isolationist than Intervening
    More Utilitarian than Harmonious

Closest Match: Aya Shameimaru
    Runner-Up: Fujiwaru no Mokou

This is just as accurate as the previous result, especially when describing my current personality.
I often ask other people about themselves when I can, why they hold the opinions they do, why they feel the way they feel. And I try to be polite and curt when doing so because these are fairly personal questions but I can't help myself. (Aya)
Though the "Polite and Curt" bit is just when I'm asking regular people, with those I consider acquiantances or friends I usually either ask directly and bluntly, as a way of allowing me to know more about my comrades. I don't have a lot of them after all. (Mokou)

qMyon

• Still chilling, even in 2024
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2024, 12:40:12 PM »
It's been seven years since I took the old quiz, so let's see how things changed.

For reference, I got Reisen with Meiling runner-up back then.

First one gave me Hata no Kokoro with Reisen runner-up, and the updated one gave me Futo with Reisen runner-up again. As I thought, I've changed since then - but not that much!

lonemaestro

• a.k.a. kurantoB
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • kurantoB
    • kurantob.itch.io
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2024, 02:57:54 AM »
It's been seven years since I took the old quiz, so let's see how things changed.

For reference, I got Reisen with Meiling runner-up back then.

First one gave me Hata no Kokoro with Reisen runner-up, and the updated one gave me Futo with Reisen runner-up again. As I thought, I've changed since then - but not that much!

At this point, I'd just accept Reisen as the only true answer :3

lonemaestro

• a.k.a. kurantoB
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • kurantoB
    • kurantob.itch.io
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2024, 02:59:40 AM »
I got:
    More Open than Specialized.
    More Headstrong than Flexible.
    More Knowledgeable than Innocent.
    More Isolationist than Intervening.
    More Harmonious than Utilitarian.

Closest Yukari and runner-up Sumireko (!?)
It's been this way for a while, and yeah, my answer's changed since the last version of the test. Not that I'm not happy with the result but being lumped in alongside Yukari does give me this weird sense of responsibility...

Hi, hello, it's me. The creator of this Buzzfeed quiz. I used to check this thread more often from time to time, but now I'm more active on Touhou Gamedev Discord than the forums. Maybe that'll change soon...

7 years. That's how long this thread's been alive. It's amazing how my interest in, Touhou even, has lasted this long.

Seriously, thank you all for investing the time and brain energy into this project, it really means a lot. I wasn't ready to see it elicit this much self-reflection and thoughtfulness coming from the community at large (but then, I am still sort of new to putting myself out there to begin with.) Even now as I look back I'm kind of eh with the way the questions were posed, as well as some of the answers. I guess there's room for improvement in everything if you squint hard enough ... But it's such a relief to see a majority of the responses be positive, as in, y'all were more or less happy with the matches. If anything, I only hope that the quiz had at least some influence on whichever cosplay you decide to go in when heading to a con somewhere.

To be honest, I like the older test better, since the results at the end have a lot more substance to them.  The art and roster of the newer test are nice, but there's only like 2 sentences about each character and their personalities.

Fair point. I remember writing the character descriptions a bit shorter and more generic the second time since it felt like the more I wrote the more the character archetype was boxed in, hence more room for errors in my own read on the characters, not to mention the mismatches with whoever's doing the quiz. Guess I went too far huh.

This comment piqued my interest so I decided to figure out which character is the most common of them all. Nobody kept track of it in the old forum so for the sake of data collection I counted them all myself too. I didn’t count retakes and I if somebody did both the new and old quiz, I counted the old one because it has more plentiful data to work of off.

I...... wow. You actually went ahead and-
What is there to say now, except, we all have a little Sakuya in us am I right.
(Seriously, that was quite the undertaking. Much admiration.)

Since the making of Version 2, there have been 3 new official games and 6 new characters (Yuuma, Son, Enoko, Chiyari, Hisami, Zanmu) and I'm still debating on when would be a good time to update this, if ever. Plus, I think the roster as it stands now isn't perfect - I don't think I came up with a set of criteria when choosing who to include that I'm 100% happy with.

Anywho, don't have much else to say to this. Thanks for keeping the thread alive and... long live the fandom...

VanillaCake

• Oh Hey Hi
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2024, 02:19:48 AM »
Suika and Aya as a runner up, hm

I don't really see that much connection with Suika, i read her as more of a out-going person which is essentially my exact opposite, lol

Aya however... to be honest with myself i might be a bit nosy from time to time

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2024, 08:21:17 PM »
A production From the 2011 https://www.deviantart.com/whitemoltres/art/Touhou-Personality-Test-264627113 provided as downloadable by its Author, if one has a Deviantart Account,  but just up to https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Double_Spoiler and yet it includes https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/PC-98.
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "