Author Topic: Seija Quest 3  (Read 117033 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tom

  • *
Seija Quest 3
« on: May 28, 2023, 07:00:02 PM »
> Seija Quest Part 3

> You're Seija Kijin the rebellious Amanojaku.

> Tonight you were supposed to be accompanying Shinmyoumaru to the Full Moon Festival at the Hakurei Shrine, to help her feel a little more comfortable around these powerful and influential humans and Youkai.  She's pretty much your only ally in Gensokyo who hasn't forgotten you after your exile so you accepted helping her, even though you're an Amanojaku.

> However while walking up the long stairway to the Hakurei Shrine you spotted one of Aya's newspapers under the shrine's gate and the headline caught your attention, it read:

                             A Competition among Gensokyans
                                      To Fulfill all Ten Desires
Wealth? Knowledge? Prestige? Magic? Longevity? Any one of them can be yours~
Whoever can successfully cause an Incident without being caught will have their
greatest wish fulfilled~!
Everyone interested should gather at the Hakurei Shrine Grounds at Sunset.

Also in this Bunbunmaru issue:
>Another year of excellent crop yields thanks to Minoriko's blessings. (Page 2)
>The Kraken confirmed!?  Eyewitness reports from fishermen about strange sightings
under Misty Lake's surface! (Page 3)
>Reading Tarot Cards 101!  5 cards link you to your past, present and future, according
to an expert.  But which cards provide the highest accuracy of readings?  We compare results
from 5 different sets of cards across 30 individuals. (Page 4)
>An exclusive interview with Village Physician Unshou about the health benefits of
smoked herring, a village delicacy. (Page 5)


> The details about this competition were revealed during the Full Moon Festival.  A doll named Iris claimed that incidents have become mere nuisances and troublemakers are only dealt a simple slap on the wrist for causing them by a weak, misled by Youkai Hakurei Maiden.  Iris has promised that whoever causes a successful unresolved incident will get their greatest wish fulfilled, thus sparking conflict among the major forces in Gensokyo.

> The first incident happened shortly after Iris' announcement when the Hakurei Shrine was thoroughly destroyed by Mima with the assistance of Marisa and Yuuka.
// Since this quest is "chapter-ized" into different incidents full summaries won't be included for each one, though they are linked below:
> First Incident - The Hakurei Shrine destroyed once more: Thread 1 Thread 2

> After the incident's conclusion Seija invited Reimu to spend the night at the Shining Needle Castle as Iris repaired the Hakurei Shrine.
> Following concerns from the librarian and princess, Mokou spent the next day investigating Alice for a possible connection to the doll Iris.  This unfortunately was inconclusive though some potentially interesting communications were found.
> After having met the librarian Patchouli during the Full Moon Festival (and subsequent incident) she quickly took interest in you and invited you to visit her at the Scarlet Devil Mansion's library (this is where you are now!).

> After an excruciatingly long walk through endless identical looking aisles the bookshelves open up into a rectangular area.  Several pieces or what looks like magical research equipment are set up along the edges of the "room" and in the center is a large round table with stacks of books taller than the Hakurei Shrine!
> The librarian approaches a dismantled Iris doll and gestures at it.  "Koakuma only finished taking it apart before you arrived, not only is Iris tough to knock out but the dolls are very tricky to take apart without setting off the gunpowder.  We can consider Mima very lucky to be an evil spirit..."

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 08:26:03 PM »
> "Damn, wow."
> Have a curious look over the pieces.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 04:17:50 AM »
> "Damn, wow."
> Have a curious look over the pieces.
> There's a small pile of gunpowder in a glass box, various pieces of doll clothing among a few springs and screws.
> Patchouli points at the gunpowder "Unlike the puppeteer's dolls which are connected to her through magical strings, Iris dolls either have some degree of autonomy or are telepathically controlled...  While autonomous dolls may sound far fetched, as research in that field was never pursued seriously it does seem more plausible than one individual being able to telepathically control tens of these with precision needed to give Koakuma and I trouble taking them down..."

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 04:27:27 AM »
> "Hmm. Some of those pieces look pretty tiny"
> Pull the coin back out.
> "Do you think that trick I showed you yesterday would help you investigate them up close? Or do you think you've learned everything you can from them already?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 08:58:07 AM »
> "Hmm. Some of those pieces look pretty tiny"
> Pull the coin back out.
> "Do you think that trick I showed you yesterday would help you investigate them up close? Or do you think you've learned everything you can from them already?"
> Her eyes sparkle "That ... is indeed an interesting ability.  I assigned Koakuma last night to locate our literature on transformative magic and the Oni species" she points at the two-story tall pyramid of books on the table "We were sifting through it this morning before we got rudely interrupted by a certain foul mouthed doll..."
> The librarian retrieves a notepad from the table and scribbles something down before pointing at your hand and eagerly asking "Let's see what you can do with that coin!"

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 01:23:43 PM »
> "You got it. Here, hold it in front of you like yesterday if you don't mind."
> Offer the coin to Patchouli.
> If she takes it and holds it in front of her, stand somewhere open, and swap properties with the coin.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 07:38:02 PM »
> "You got it. Here, hold it in front of you like yesterday if you don't mind."
> Offer the coin to Patchouli.
> If she takes it and holds it in front of her, stand somewhere open, and swap properties with the coin.
> You switch places with the coin and end up on Patchouli's palm.  Her eyes practically glow with excitement!  The librarian casts a few spells with her free hand to examine the large coin behind you as she whispers to herself "I could use a familiar with such an ability...".

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 08:01:15 PM »
> ...Let's ignore that 'familiar' comment for the time being. If we're gong to be in that relationship with anyone, we're going to be the dominant entity.
> "Do you want me to switch with you again, or are you content how you are?"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 08:31:05 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2023, 07:28:01 AM »
> ...Let's ignore that 'familiar' comment for the time being. If we're gong to be in that relationship with anyone, we're going to be the dominant entity.
> "Do you want me to switch with you again, or are you content how you are?"
> She notes a few things down and asks "Could you show me what the largest objects you can transform are?"

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2023, 10:43:54 AM »
> "That depends on what you've got available."
> Undo the swap with the coin.
> "What's the largest thing you have here that's one single solid object, rather than a combination of smaller objects? Like, I couldn't transform with that entire pile of books you have going there, I could only do one book in it at a time."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 10:46:35 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2023, 12:51:55 PM »
> "That depends on what you've got available."
> Undo the swap with the coin.
> "What's the largest thing you have here that's one single solid object, rather than a combination of smaller objects? Like, I couldn't transform with that entire pile of books you have going there, I could only do one book in it at a time."
> The librarian asks "Oh, so individual objects only?  I wonder what constitutes an object tough..."  as she flips pages in her notebook and sketches various patterns the spells she cast on the coin form.
> After a few minutes she stands up and whispers something into a book "I've asked my assistant to bring in some larger 'individual' objects to test with.  While we wait could you explain what happens when you focus on an object to transform?  Do you see something appear, do you "reach out" towards the object?" she asks eagerly

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2023, 12:58:34 PM »
> What do we remember of how it works from our experimentation yesterday? (Don't say anything about this yet.)

> Grin just a little bit.
> "So you're saying we have a time limit on how long we're going to be alone..."
> Advance on Patchouli in (what is hopefully) a non-threatening manner.
> "..and you want to know about things like that? Has our cute little librarian truly not considered...other ideas for what could be done without the presence of others?"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 01:08:39 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2023, 01:29:28 PM »
> What do we remember of how it works from our experimentation yesterday? (Don't say anything about this yet.)

> Grin just a little bit.
> "So you're saying we have a time limit on how long we're going to be alone..."
> Advance on Patchouli in (what is hopefully) a non-threatening manner.
> "..and you want to know about things like that? Has our cute little librarian truly not considered...other ideas for what could be done without the presence of others?"
> The librarian is unfazed by your advances (you're tiny anyways!) and continues taking notes while commenting "Anything that contributes the greater pool of knowledge and magical science..."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 01:34:05 PM by Tom »

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2023, 01:30:16 PM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2023, 01:33:55 PM »
// Oops missed that!
> The librarian takes a step back while continuing to take notes and comments "Anything that contributes the greater pool of knowledge and magical science..."

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2023, 01:35:35 PM »
> What do we remember of how it works from our experimentation yesterday? (Don't say anything about this yet.)

> "That's fair. Though there are still things that can be done while your questions are answered and you take your notes~"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2023, 01:50:46 PM »
> What do we remember of how it works from our experimentation yesterday? (Don't say anything about this yet.)

> "That's fair. Though there are still things that can be done while your questions are answered and you take your notes~"
> Patchouli rolls her eyes at the change of your tone of voice and persistence.
> Returning to her notes she comments "My interests are purely academic... that ability intrigues me which is why I wish to learn more about you."

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2023, 02:00:18 PM »
> Look slightly disappointed, then shake it off.
> "Very well, as you wish."
> "Anyway, I'm not really a scholar, so I probably can't provide details as fine as you'd like. From my perspective, I simply decide to swap properties with the object I'm targeting, and my magic makes it happen. I'm not even entirely sure what it looks like to someone else."
> Swap with the coin again, since she'll probably want to see us in action again.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2023, 02:06:46 PM »
> Look slightly disappointed, then shake it off.
> "Very well, as you wish."
> "Anyway, I'm not really a scholar, so I probably can't provide details as fine as you'd like. From my perspective, I simply decide to swap properties with the object I'm targeting, and my magic makes it happen. I'm not even entirely sure what it looks like to someone else."
> Swap with the coin again, since she'll probably want to see us in action again.
> Patchouli casts some type of magic-sense spell that makes the air shimmer as you focus on the coin and changes color the moment the inversion happens.
> "Excellent!" she praises
> After casting a bubble barrier over the coin she asks you undo the switch to see if it will bypass the spell.

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2023, 02:10:05 PM »
> Try undoing the swap.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 02:18:18 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2023, 02:28:13 PM »
> Try undoing the inversion.
> The bubble barrier shatters like broken glass with a loud piercing sound! "I-Impressive...  I could only imagine it's applications in a danmaku duel..."
> She retrieves a star shaped pendant with a glowing red crystal in it's center from the table and hands it to you. "It's an elemental crystal, it enriches red magic and provides magical energy.  When Koakuma returns with the larger objects I'd like to see if it enables focusing on larger objects than you could without it.  It'll let me narrow down the types of magic being used based on whether it's affected or not!"

> Obtained: "Red Crystal Pendant" - Apparently enriches red magic and provides magical energy

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2023, 02:33:18 PM »
> "Sweet, thanks! Actually, with what you've said in mind, let me try something..."
> Focus on the pendant, try swapping with one of the stacks of books on the table. Make sure to try to swap with the entire stack at once, rather than any of the books individually. (if we feel like the swap is going to go through, but with only one of the books, then stop it so it doesn't go through.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2023, 06:55:19 PM »
> "Sweet, thanks! Actually, with what you've said in mind, let me try something..."
> Focus on the pendant, try swapping with one of the stacks of books on the table. Make sure to try to swap with the entire stack at once, rather than any of the books individually. (if we feel like the swap is going to go through, but with only one of the books, then stop it so it doesn't go through.)
> Wearing the pendant you find it easier to magically locate the books.  You try and imagine them as a group held by gravity and succeed!  You're now standing atop the table, taller than you've ever been before.
> "Fascinating..." the librarian absentmindedly comments as she examines the now smaller stack of books laying where you just stood.

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2023, 06:58:47 PM »
> "Whoa! That's certainly new."
> How large is Patchouli compared to the new us (or some specific part of the new us)?

> "So, for your notes, that felt like I was able to treat the stack as a single group, instead of a slew of individual books."
> Look around at the other stacks.
> "That makes me wonder how that can be applied...would it be okay if I built a different shape using a stack or two?"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:15:48 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2023, 04:52:19 PM »
> "Whoa! That's certainly new."
> How large is Patchouli compared to the new us (or some specific part of the new us)?

> "So, for your notes, that felt like I was able to treat the stack as a single group, instead of a slew of individual books."
> Look around at the other stacks.
> "That makes me wonder how that can be applied...would it be okay if I built a different shape using a stack or two?"
> She claps and complements "Fantastic!"
> The librarian tries to pick up one of the now small books "I-I can't move it, it's as if weighs more than the whole stack!" before gesturing for you to continue and try different shapes.

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2023, 04:56:37 PM »
> Huh, interesting. How heavy do we feel, if we can tell? Report this information to Patchouli.
> Then, using whatever stacks we need, form a 4x4 grid of books on the floor as a base, and then pile the books in vertical stacks all along the edge of of the base but not in the middle, until we have we have something like a square silo with no roof that is tall enough to fit, say, one-and-a-half vertically-stacked Patchoulis inside.
> "There, that should do. Now, for the kicker...do you have anything handy that can float on its own and isn't a book that we could put inside this tower? If you'd be willing to go in there yourself, that would work great, but you don't have to."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 05:00:08 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2023, 05:17:01 PM »
> Huh, interesting. How heavy do we feel, if we can tell? Report this information to Patchouli.
> Then, using whatever stacks we need, form a 4x4 grid of books on the floor as a base, and then pile the books in vertical stacks all along the edge of of the base but not in the middle, until we have we have something like a square silo with no roof that is tall enough to fit, say, one-and-a-half vertically-stacked Patchoulis inside.
> "There, that should do. Now, for the kicker...do you have anything handy that can float on its own and isn't a book that we could put inside this tower? If you'd be willing to go in there yourself, that would work great, but you don't have to."
> While assembling the stack of books you occasionally gaze at their titles and notice most are on transformative magic, some are on sensing magic while a few are on Oni history.  One particular book catches your eye because you've seen it before... no you actually own an identical one.  It's a history book that contains several sections on Oni-Inchling historical conflicts, the origins of the Miracle Mallet and the lineage of the Inchling royal family.  Last you remember it was in your bedroom closet, you hope Shinmyoumaru didn't come across it while "redecorating" the castle...
> She laughs nervously "Maybe if I knew how all this worked I'd volunteer..." and enchants a book to float in mid air, allowing you to move it to the center of the square "cylinder" you built.

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2023, 05:22:29 PM »
> Chuckle.
> "You could always volunteer your assistant when she arrives, I suppose."
> Return to our previous spot on the table, and undo the swap with the stack of books.
> Then, focusing on the pendant, try swapping with the "cylinder" of books, imagining them as a group held together by gravity like before. Make sure to also imagine that the floating book is not part of the "cylinder" and is not held to any of the other books by gravity, since it is floating independently of them.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

  • *
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2023, 05:37:10 PM »
> Chuckle.
> "You could always volunteer your assistant when she arrives, I suppose."
> Return to our previous spot on the table, and undo the swap with the stack of books.
> Then, focusing on the pendant, try swapping with the "cylinder" of books, imagining them as a group held together by gravity like before. Make sure to also imagine that the floating book is not part of the "cylinder" and is not held to any of the other books by gravity, since it is floating independently of them.
> You undo the switch try to imagine the "cylinder" of books as a single object, excluding the floating book inside.  Upon swapping you find yourself standing in front of Patchouli noticing her eyes widen in shock.  You reflexively glance around but spot nothing amiss?

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Seija Quest 3
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2023, 05:39:10 PM »
> Look to where we were. Is the cylinder there?
> Give our body a quick look-over without moving very much.
> If we still can't find anything wrong, ask: "What's wrong?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH