Author Topic: Who is the creepiest Touhou character in your opinion?  (Read 5572 times)

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
Who is the creepiest Touhou character in your opinion?
« on: August 29, 2023, 10:27:52 AM »
I pick Yuyuko because one, ghosts are scary to me and second, she can kill all people in Gensokyo with a snap of her fingers. I mean, that ability will make people be away from ya! So tell me, who is the creepiest Touhou character for you, and y o u alone?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 02:23:37 PM by Sir Scaravich »
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
Re: Who is the creepiest Touhou character in your opinion?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 07:27:34 PM »
Imma just bump this just to gain more attraction.

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 02:53:53 AM »
From a human world perspective, Maribel is pretty scary, especially in the later discs as her power starts to fully awaken.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 01:09:19 PM »
I actually find Medicine somewhat unsettling. Most human-like youkai are reasonable and don't attack humans without need. But she is a very young one and doesn't have experience socializing. Meaning most shown encounters with her are her trying to poison whoever she comes across. While PoFV did result in her having deals with Eirin and probably having more peaceful interactions, I don't think youkai can change their mindset that quickly. She just gives off the vibe that's closest there can be in Gensokyo to something like a rogue AI that's unaware of the Three Laws of Robotics.

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 01:30:14 PM »
I actually find Medicine somewhat unsettling. Most human-like youkai are reasonable and don't attack humans without need. But she is a very young one and doesn't have experience socializing. Meaning most shown encounters with her are her trying to poison whoever she comes across. While PoFV did result in her having deals with Eirin and probably having more peaceful interactions, I don't think youkai can change their mindset that quickly. She just gives off the vibe that's closest there can be in Gensokyo to something like a rogue AI that's unaware of the Three Laws of Robotics.

It has been years ever since the PoFV incident, so maybe she has been more mature and less of a megalomaniac doll over the years. But still, she is still crazy of a youkai, that even youkais themselves stay away from her. 💀💀

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 10:18:55 PM »
I nominate Seiga Kaku as the creepiest Touhou character ever walked on Gensokyo. Why? She used Yoshika as a zombie puppet, just to be used for her wicked ways, born from her deceitful heart. Poor Yoshika... :(

Dreamy-Eyed Yuuritsu

• 妖怪羊は幻想郷の夢を見るか?
    • YouTube
    • yuuritsu_yumegane
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 07:27:44 AM »
I can't really take anyone seriously in Touhou nor think of anyone as scary due to how whimsical ZUN displays them in the games lol

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2023, 09:59:02 AM »
I can't really take anyone seriously in Touhou nor think of anyone as scary due to how whimsical ZUN displays them in the games lol

Byakuren literally brainwashes Sanae in one of UFO's bad endings.

Vance_croowa_08

• The entity living in your walls
  • Yo! How u doin' ?
    • vance_croowa08
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 10:55:28 PM »
Byakuren literally brainwashes Sanae in one of UFO's bad endings.

She didn't really brainwash her, she just kidnapped her. Sounds goofy as heck
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 10:58:07 PM by Vance_croowa_08 »
"Your signature cannot span more than 5 lines"

Literally 1984