|~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!|
|東方蒼神縁起V (Genius of Sappheiros) released on Steam|
One of better known fan JRPGs is now available on Steam. This is the port of Vita updated version with new content (and Lingering Summer Heat expansion already included), so it's worth checking out even if you've already played the original PC version.
It's in Japanese only though, and the existing translation patch isn't likely to work.
Page on English wiki (doesn't cover new Vita content):
For those who aren't aware, the big gameplay changes in the V version are:
- Each character can have up to 6 normal skills, 6 spellcards, and 2 last spells equipped at once (instead of just being able to equip 6 of any kind of skill)
- Drop rates increased massively
- Satori can learn any skill at any level. In addition it feels like their learn rates have increased as well
- The game's level and stat curve have been adjusted heavily. The main game's curve now ends roughly at level 55, and there's a soft level cap of 70 that you must unlock after completing the Lingering Summer Heat content. Because of this, everyone now learns their skills at earlier levels.
- It's no longer possible to recruit Mokou or Byakuren early
- The bonus items from the Kourindou vending machine are also gone
- Akyu can be recruited after doing a bonus dungeon that unlocks right before fighting the final boss
- They broke the Bhava-agra puzzle on purpose so it's much easier to navigate lol
- The minimap is gone
- You can press START/+/the menu button to exit a dungeon at any time. Exiting a dungeon automatically saves the game and restores your party to full strength, as if you used a healing circle. However, exiting a dungeon or using a healing circle respawns all enemies.
It's worth noting that there's a "language" setting in the options, so maybe we'll get an official translation one day.
Shame I can't already go through the game in Japanese because I'm getting this weird graphical glitch where all text is huge for some reason, so I guess I'll just wait for now. I also had some trouble figuring out how to edit the controls, which Steam by default sets up with WASD for movement and the mouse buttons to confirm, so I guess that's something.
| Message Index|