Author Topic: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 99099 times)

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2022, 06:16:56 PM »
> "...It's...I don't know. No and yes?"
> Inhale and exhale deeply.
> "Okay, so...I don't know if you feel this too, but I...just don't really do north. That's where Higan and the Netherworld are, and no thank you, I am not ready. Moving north is generally bad. Going further north than our Temple is completely out. Even just sitting facing it is bad. Gives me the willies, as today's human kids say. I always, always know where it is, so I know to avoid it."
> Gesture back at the tree.
> "But sitting there just now...I was facing north. And it didn't bother me a bit. I didn't even know it was north...I think I simply don't have that automatic knowledge in my head anymore."

>Tojiko nods. "I don't feel it like that, but I understand what you mean. Do you feel okay? You're not uncomfortable, right?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2022, 06:19:17 PM »
> Take a moment to calm ourselves down and assess how we're feeling.
> While (or after) making that assessment, consider: might we be Capital-R Ready?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2022, 08:08:09 PM »
> Take a moment to calm ourselves down and assess how we're feeling.
> While (or after) making that assessment, consider: might we be Capital-R Ready?

>You don't feel like that direction is bothering you; which is strange enough that the absence of the feeling kind of bothers you.
>You...don't think so? You don't feel compelled to go anywhere. Surely you're feel compelled, right?

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2022, 08:28:33 PM »
> "...I mean...a little. I don't remember the last time north didn't bother me, so the lack of botheration is a bit bothering, in that it's a change from normal. ...I wonder if I should try facing and traveling north a little more often, to see how it feels?"
> Shake our head a bit.
> "Sorry, this is distracting from the immediate. I can figure it out as I go along. Let's go somewhere. We should probably track down whoever else is searching for me and call them off, for one thing."

« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2022, 09:08:47 PM »
> "...I mean...a little. I don't remember the last time north didn't bother me, so the lack of botheration is a bit bothering, in that it's a change from normal. ...I wonder if I should try facing and traveling north a little more often, to see how it feels?"
> Shake our head a bit.
> "Sorry, this is distracting from the immediate. I can figure it out as I go along. Let's go somewhere. We should probably track down whoever else is searching for me and call them off, for one thing."

>"Yeah," say Tojiko. "Maybe they'll have reported back to the mansion by now?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2022, 09:15:35 PM »
> Nod.
> "Worth checking out, yeah. If you could lead the way, though, it'd be appreciated."
> If Tojiko gets moving, follow.

« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2022, 11:07:56 PM »
> Nod.
> "Worth checking out, yeah. If you could lead the way, though, it'd be appreciated."
> If Tojiko gets moving, follow.

>You follow her northward into the forest.
>Things are fairly peaceful this evening. You can hear faeries in the distance, laughing and playing. There's a bit of danmaku noise, but it's much more calm than it was this afternoon, when they were quite agitated. Every so often a stray leaf floats free, wafting across the path on the way to the ground. It doesn't take long for Misty Lake to appear through the trees ahead. Soon the walls of Scarlet Devil Mansion are plainly visible. Leaving the tree line, you come out reasonably close to the gates. Meiling notices you and waves.

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2022, 11:09:55 PM »
> Wave in response.
> "They found me!"

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2022, 01:19:20 AM »
> Wave in response.
> "They found me!"

>"She's intact!" Tojiko says, as the two of you draw closer.
>"Very good," says Meiling. "They're still headquartered in the library. Are you okay, Captain?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2022, 02:07:56 AM »
> "That's a hard question to answer in full. But for our purposes, more or less, yes. I might still to stay stay some number of knots away from Yukari, though. But she'd know better than me."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 02:32:14 AM by Kilgamayan »

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2022, 02:59:27 AM »
> "That's a hard question to answer in full. But for our purposes, more or less, yes. I might still to stay stay some number of knots away from Yukari, though. But she'd know better than me."

>"She's probably with Patchouli in the library," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2022, 03:53:31 AM »
> Nod.
> "Thanks. I'll be wary."
> Enter! (If we're permitted) and head to the library.

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2022, 05:05:54 AM »
> Nod.
> "Thanks. I'll be wary."
> Enter! (If we're permitted) and head to the library.

>You head inside and make your way toward the library. The front hall is as it was last time, you know a scroll covered with crudely drawn flowers has been added to the collection by way of draping it off of the edge of display table.
>The library is darker than the main chamber, the evening's gloom dominating the windows in a way that the candlelight can't quite dispel. You hear conversation toward the middle of the library, and the pitter patter of small feet running between the some shelves off to the side. Approaching the center of the library, you see Patchouli is in her spot, studiously ignoring Yukari and Remilia nearly, who are chatting over tea.

>_

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2022, 05:12:39 AM »
> Nudge Tojiko lightly and take on a very quiet tone.
> "Can you let Yukari know I'm here but the Formless One might be attached to me somehow?"

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2022, 02:53:13 PM »
Reposting these to remind myself to mention them (especially the bold) to a party more knowledgeable than either currently-present ghost mook.
>You remember...at one point, there was suddenly land within you. And where the land was, part of you appeared. It was then that it began. It was only a short time, then that land went back, and you back to where you belong. But...you also fell somewhere...

Quote from: It's Purvis! on 11-08-2022, 08:10:39
>You feel as though you rejoined with the rest of yourself, but...also you have not. Something is not as it should be.

Quote from: It's Purvis! on 18-10-2022, 04:16:37
>Looking through them, the strange part is that there's a kind of gap. It became aware while it and Gensokyo switched places, in a sense. Then it switched back...or...hm, no. No, now you're starting to get it. You think that this entity was separated from the water when it was switched back, the same way peoples' memories of the event were. And then there was a gap, it wasn't aware at all, dormant. You don't understand what happened there, but then something occurred, and it ended up here.

// "Bold parts"= final 1/3 part of the 1st+2nd quotes and most of the final&3rd quote//

Quote from: Kilgamayan link=topic=412.msg26849#msg26849
date=1666847559
> "Can you let Yukari know I'm here but the Formless One might be attached to me somehow?"

> Once Tojiko has floated away to reach  and warn Yukari prudently do try to. ,while being also self-conscious and on guard for "ˋParts of the Formlessness", "gradually meditate  about the same Yukari Yakumo"...

>...anything off or particular of notice to feel,or maybe is it only "Yukari-wise" and she is going to indirectly share this news ?"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 03:09:28 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2022, 04:52:28 PM »

>"Right," Tojiko says, floating off ahead.

> Once Tojiko has floated away to reach  and warn Yukari prudently do try to. ,while being also self-conscious and on guard for "ˋParts of the Formlessness", "gradually meditate  about the same Yukari Yakumo"...

>...anything off or particular of notice to feel,or maybe is it only "Yukari-wise" and she is going to indirectly share this news ?"

>As far as you can tell, you don't feel anything new or worrisome happening. it doesn't feel like there is anything within you that's going to go out of control.
>Tojiko approaches the others. Yukari looks toward you, as does Remilia. You note Patchouli peek over the edge of her book for a moment.Yukari gestures for you to come join them.

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2022, 05:07:19 PM »
> Well, alright, if she feels safe...
> Saunter on over. (Do our best to saunter while still treading lightly, it would not do to clomp around like we have a peg leg while we're in a library.)

« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2022, 09:40:51 PM »
> Well, alright, if she feels safe...
> Saunter on over. (Do our best to saunter while still treading lightly, it would not do to clomp around like we have a peg leg while we're in a library.)

>By now, you're largely used to your body again, and you manage to sauter over.
>Remilia looks as relaxed as ever, in her element with her teacup in hand. Yukari looks...less frazzled now. More like she's just trying not to lean back and start snoring in her plush seat.
>"Ah, Captain, it has been too long," Remilia says. "You are doing better now, We trust?"
>Yukari simply looks at you expectantly, practically mimicking Patchouli's usual ways.

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2022, 10:12:55 PM »
> Nod to the Lord of the house.
> "Mostly, thank you. Things are still a little strange, but for entirely different reasons. Thanks for the threads, by the way."
> Look to Yukari.
> "Long story short, your Formless One attached itself to me somehow. Pretty sure it's actually still there, not that I can really feel it at the moment."

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2022, 11:58:19 PM »
> Nod to the Lord of the house.
> "Mostly, thank you. Things are still a little strange, but for entirely different reasons. Thanks for the threads, by the way."
> Look to Yukari.
> "Long story short, your Formless One attached itself to me somehow. Pretty sure it's actually still there, not that I can really feel it at the moment."

>"Ah, is that one of Ours?" says Remilia. "No matter, use it as your please. It suits you."
>"More than just attached, I would say," Yukari replies, before sipping her own tea. "Blended would be a better word."

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2022, 11:58:57 PM »
> Blink.
> "...Uh. What?"

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2022, 03:27:45 AM »
> Blink.
> "...Uh. What?"

>"You can take off something that's attached," Yukari says. "Unmixing something is...much more tricky, we'll say."

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2022, 03:30:53 AM »
> Let our eyes go a little wider.
> "Uh...I...don't know that I want random ocean horrors just becoming a part of me!"

« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2022, 05:07:02 AM »
> Let our eyes go a little wider.
> "Uh...I...don't know that I want random ocean horrors just becoming a part of me!"

>"Why don't you start at the beginning?" Yukari says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2022, 01:09:10 PM »
> "Oh, uh, sure. It's kind of a two-parter, so..."
> Recount our encounter with the other Minamitsu, including what we know about who she is.
> To Remilia: "I'm pretty sure Sakuya had a similar encounter; I found her teleporting all around a room while fighting something I couldn't perceive. Tojiko tells me she isn't talking about it, which is fine, that's her right. But I thought I should let her mistress know that it happened at all, just in case."

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2022, 04:43:41 PM »
> "Oh, uh, sure. It's kind of a two-parter, so..."
> Recount our encounter with the other Minamitsu, including what we know about who she is.
> To Remilia: "I'm pretty sure Sakuya had a similar encounter; I found her teleporting all around a room while fighting something I couldn't perceive. Tojiko tells me she isn't talking about it, which is fine, that's her right. But I thought I should let her mistress know that it happened at all, just in case."

>Both of them are quiet as you speak. Remilia gives you a little nod in response; it's hard to register just how much of this she understands. Patchouli sets down her book to listen at as well.
>"Hm. Curious," says Yukari at length. "It is consistent with what the others have told me."

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2022, 05:18:11 PM »
> To Yukari: "Right, I figured. Seemed like we all got got, from what I saw encountering everyone else."
> To Remilia: "I will admit I tried to help Sakuya fight whatever she was fighting, but only succeeded in accidentally hitting her a couple of times. I'd like to apologize to her before I head home, if that's okay."
> Back to Yukari: "Despite overcoming my nightmare self, I got lost in the process of her chasing me. I wandered around semi-blindly, before eventually...hearing something through the water. Hearing, and eventually feeling, tasting, and pretty much every other sensation you can think of. My guess at this point is that I was swimming through memories everyone had of where that other me came from. It got more and more oppressive as I pushed on, eventually feeling like I was in someone else's body, even, someone a little bit shorter. Then...I'm pretty sure the Formless One latched onto me, and took over mentally. All it desired was to 'flow to the low places', or something. It seemed disturbed by its own sentience, really. It was all I could think about, if one could even consider it 'me' thinking at that point."

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2022, 11:46:44 PM »
> To Yukari: "Right, I figured. Seemed like we all got got, from what I saw encountering everyone else."
> To Remilia: "I will admit I tried to help Sakuya fight whatever she was fighting, but only succeeded in accidentally hitting her a couple of times. I'd like to apologize to her before I head home, if that's okay."
> Back to Yukari: "Despite overcoming my nightmare self, I got lost in the process of her chasing me. I wandered around semi-blindly, before eventually...hearing something through the water. Hearing, and eventually feeling, tasting, and pretty much every other sensation you can think of. My guess at this point is that I was swimming through memories everyone had of where that other me came from. It got more and more oppressive as I pushed on, eventually feeling like I was in someone else's body, even, someone a little bit shorter. Then...I'm pretty sure the Formless One latched onto me, and took over mentally. All it desired was to 'flow to the low places', or something. It seemed disturbed by its own sentience, really. It was all I could think about, if one could even consider it 'me' thinking at that point."

>"It wanted your substance," Patchouli says. "I'm sure of it. Remember what I told you, there was nothing there that was real."
>Yukari is quiet, perhaps thinking about something. Remilia just seems to be listening; she doesn't seem to have anything to offer at this point, other than a nod when you mentioned Sakuya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2022, 12:48:22 AM »
> "Yeah, I had thought about that a bit while everything was happening. It was pretty difficult to perceive when it wasn't actively taking me over. In thinking about it, though, the sensation of another smaller body is odd, given I eventually realized, or at least perceived myself, as a huge body of water."

« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2022, 04:14:23 PM »
> "Yeah, I had thought about that a bit while everything was happening. It was pretty difficult to perceive when it wasn't actively taking me over. In thinking about it, though, the sensation of another smaller body is odd, given I eventually realized, or at least perceived myself, as a huge body of water."

>"I can imagine," Yukari says at length. "Were you not a youkai, I doubt you would have been able to perceive anything at all."
>"This ocean, then," Remilia says, sipping her tea. "It is within you still?"

>_