Author Topic: Hunting for Touhou RPG's  (Read 5434 times)

Kirisame Cola

• The stardust flavored soda beverage that keeps Gensokyo coming back for more!
  • Tenshisad's the name, awful bits are my game
    • Twitter
    • Kirisame Cola
    • Steam
Hunting for Touhou RPG's
« on: September 07, 2022, 10:16:11 PM »
big RPG consumer here and recently I've been craving a fun and enjoyable Touhou RPG experience. I've played a fair few but I haven't quite found one that I'm a big fan of. Any recommendations?

(To make things easier or harder for you guys here's a list of Touhou RPGs I have played)
  • Labryinth of Touhou 1 & 2
  • Touhou Hack and Slash
  • Puppet Dance Performance
  • Tale of Beautiful Memories
  • Three Fairies Hoppin' Flappin' Great Journey
Keep on writing!

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
Re: Hunting for Touhou RPG's
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 10:36:37 PM »
"Reimu's Awesome Holiday" on Gamejolt is probably one of the funniest games I've ever played. It's an RPG with graphics that look like they were drawn by a 5-year old, but it just adds to the experience. It's hilarious. The battle style is reminiscent of Final Fantasy. It's very funny. Its plot is actually very well written, but it's also funny. Seriously, I cannot begin to describe just how much humor is jam-packed into this game.

And lastly, I just have to say it:

"Oi, Reimu"

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 10:45:28 PM »
It's a strategy RPG, but I could not recommend Fantasy Maiden Wars enough. It's a very high-effort crossover between Touhou and Super Robot Wars gameplay, giving a retelling of the series from EoSD through Hisoutensoku, offering two different scenarios per game and with the ability to carry progress over between games. I've only played the first game (of four), but it is still probably my favorite Touhou fangame of all time. The big caveat is that the fourth game still does not have a fully finished translation patch, meaning you'll have to rely on videos for the grand finale for now.

Validon98

• Utahime says hello!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 04:29:16 AM »
I'll always go to bat for the Strawberry Bose Touhou RPGs. Genius of Sappheiros, Devil of Decline, and Nightmare of Rebellion are all very loosely Romancing SaGa-esque games. On the harder side and a little wonky difficulty-wise, but they're all good times. I can also second Reimu's Awesome Holiday, it's both a joke-y comedy game and also just generally pretty solid, and will always second Fantasy Maiden Wars even if it is more a tactics game than a full on RPG.

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 07:05:42 PM »
    big RPG consumer here and recently I've been craving a fun and enjoyable Touhou RPG experience. I've played a fair few but I haven't quite found one that I'm a big fan of. Any recommendations?

(To make things easier or harder for you guys here's a list of Touhou RPGs I have played)
    • Labryinth of Touhou 1 & 2
    • Touhou Hack and Slash
    • Puppet Dance Performance
    • Tale of Beautiful Memories
    • Three Fairies Hoppin' Flappin' Great Journey

Besides the very warmly recommended-seconded,and re-re-re-recommended-seconded  :cirnotan: :fullpower:, all the listed from your opening post and onwards... TOUHOU ,or (TOUHOU)'s Titles AROUND MOSTLY-RPG and UPWARDS, ACCEPTABLY MOSTLY-TRANSLATED or ALREADY  UNDERSTANDING ENOUGH and UPWARDS ....

MAINLY PURE RPG -3rd Party Wikia updated,but not recently ){1st.Turn-Based Classics STORY-RPG in Full-Open Post-End Game Beta Test/2nd.Turn-Based STORY-RPG Visual Novel in " " " Mid-Beta Test}[/li]

[li]https://nanase.itch.io/touhou-grimoire-of-the-elemental-castle/devlog/127082/first-post
    [/li][/list] { MAINLY PURE RPG - it should receive...sooner or later...,as the Author/Arrtist Nanase had announced A Direct/Indirect Sequel} [/li][/list]

{Touhou Labyrinth's 1"( 1.5) MOD-HACK " }

• "Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity "{Remilia's Story AND Sakuya's Story AND the 2 Post-Game Extras}
    • "Predecessor to AoSC (Youmu on.Yuyuko's Request & Quest )"
    { BOTH are Action 2d-3d RPGs,but not as STORY-RPG / BACKGROUND RPG-STORY as all the mentioned ones)[/li]

[li]"The Disappering of Gensokyo"[/li][/list] {  Balanced Real Action-Exploration-Story RPG  )
     [/li][/list]

• "Mystia's Izakaya"
    {MiIXED Calendar-Cooking-"Izakaya" Restaurant MANAGEMENT Friendship-Resourcer RPG }[/li]

[li]The Series of "Mistery of Gensokyo - Tower of Desire (ToD) -Gensokyo Wanderer   "{Turn & Action RPG Floor-Dungeon & Equip Crawler }
     [/li][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[/list]

{Fewer Purer & Classic-er RPG-TYPES ; it is Advisable to link-looking into.Author(s) &  Circle & Company & Sites or " Term-Highlighg & Search Apart i" s Advisable about the NEWEST TITLES both
    MIXED-RPG-MIXED-GENRES TYPES and/or PURER & CLASSIC-ER}[/li]
    [li]RPGLIST "https://moriyashrine.org/files/category/43-rpg/{same as above , Idem }  [/li]
    [/list]

[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 06:00:35 AM by Branneg Xy »
    1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
    2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
    3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
    " FRA ALU BI Darcanix "