Author Topic: 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - RP Thread Edition  (Read 14966 times)

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
//Hello everyone! As I have a (semi)-concrete plan for CoVE now, I am ready to post what was the original idea for it: an RP thread. I will be posting the first chapter plus a tiny bit of the second. A few minor tweaks will be applied for additional context, as this is not the "official" story. Which leads me to another point: If you have read CoVE, please try not to apply that story here. As far as this goes, it's an entirely different story. Finally, please be patient with me. It is inevitable that the story will start to sidetrack from the main plot, so I will probably steer back to it if I notice too much divergence. However, I'm purposefully leaving parts of the story blank. This is because I want others to have a partial say (within character) in where the story goes, just to make it a little better. Anyway, that's enough rambling for now. If anything else comes to mind, I'll add that info as we go. Now. enjoy!

東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence

Yukari Yakumo, the Gap Youkai. Her ability is to manipulate boundaries, no matter what that might entail. That person is you, and you will soon discover the truth behind not only Gensokyo and the outside world, but the entirety of everything you know.

--------------------

One day, while thinking about the extent of your ability, you thought about how powerful you truly are. You can instantly kill someone by manipulating the boundary of life and death, or the opposite by bringing a corpse back to life. You can even manipulate the boundary between human and youkai, human and demon, etc. However, this would be taboo due to its danger to the balance of Gensokyo.

As you are thinking about this, you remember that painting you got from the outside world. It's an illustration of a massive wave with a snow-capped mountain in the distance. You took after that black-white magician and "borrowed" it from a museum. It is a bit disappointing, however, since it's supposed to be the original yet is so small. No matter, you think, I'll just hang it above the vanity.

While you gather everything to hang it, you think about how Ran could be doing this for you, but then remember that you are trying to rely less on your shikigami for the time being.

You've gathered everything now, and head towards the vanity. You continue to think about your powers. While you continue pondering that, you slip. You try to catch yourself, but that pesky shelf you put up bonked you on the head.

As you fade out of consciousness, you think, I should get rid of that shelf.

--------------------

You have a vision. There is a man operating a long, narrow, flat device. You recognize it as a keyboard, not unlike Lyrica Prismriver's. However, it doesn't sound like a keyboard, but rather what you recognize as the sound of Merlin Prismriver's instrument. What was it called again? A trumpet? Yeah, that sounds about right. It does seem a little different than what it's supposed to sound like, but maybe it's just your imagination.

During what seems like a few hours, you observe the man working on a computer, a type of shikigami from the outside world. It appears that he somehow was able to get the music onto the computer, at least that's what you assume. It looks like what you believe is a "software", a feature of computers, somehow made the music "visible".

After some time, it seems like he finishes. The music that plays is... strange, but pleasant. Serious, but tame. Exciting, but slow-paced. Composed of mostly piano, but with snippets of that unique trumpet. The man seems pleased with his creation, and gives it a title: "夜が降りてくる ~ Evening Star".

The vision starts to fade away, but before it completely fades, you notice he adds one more detail. This time, you see it clear as day. Your mind blanks for a second, then you go still, chills running down your spine. The vision fades away, and you see black. All you can think about is those last three words he added:

"Yukari Yakumo's Theme"

--------------------

"Mistress?" A quiet, soothing voice speaks. "Mistress Yukari, are you alright?!" Now an eager, energetic voice speaks. There can only be two beings in the world with those voices.
"Chen, calm down please. This is Mistress Yukari we're talking about, she's most likely fine."
"MISTREEESSSSS?!"
Ran snaps a little, "Chen, be quiet! I told you, she's fine!" Chen doesn't listen.

You are fully conscious now. All you need to do is get up.

>_

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
Re: 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - RP Thread Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 10:04:30 PM »
//If anyone needs help or something, feel free to ask!

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 02:18:49 AM »
> "Mm. What are you so worried about? I just took a short nap to gather some curious thoughts."
> Gather our bearings and examine our surroundings.
> "Though, that was quite the experience... how intriguing."

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 02:41:47 AM »
>Is the shelf still here?

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 03:12:08 AM »
> "Mm. What are you so worried about? I just took a short nap to gather some curious thoughts."
> Gather our bearings and examine our surroundings.
> "Though, that was quite the experience... how intriguing."

>Ran seems confused at first, then sighs and shakes her head. Fitting, considering this is the bathroom. Then again, you are pretty narcoleptic, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise to her if it was true. Though Ran is essentially a supercomputer, so she's certainly already figured it out by now.

>Figuratively gathering your bearings, you look around the bathroom. Unsurprisingly, there is a toilet, sink, tub and shower, all themed with ornate, silver trimmings. There is also a vanity, which you usually use for makeup... and what Chen uses as her arts and crafts table when no one's watching. The painting is still hanging above it.

>"Let me guess," Ran says, "According to your body position from where we found you, taking in the knowledge of a new element to the room, and the shelf that seems to have snapped, I would conclude that you were displaying a painting above the vanity when you slipped and crashed your head into the shelf. You then lost consciousness, in which even I do not want to think of what your mind was showing you while you were out." Yep, spot on as always.

>Is the shelf still here?

>That depends on what you qualify as "still there". You could say yes, in which there is half a shelf still there. Or you could say no, in which the other half is on the vanity's counter, just barely missing the mirror when it fell.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 03:44:49 AM »
> "Quite perceptive. Now, do you have any idea about what I was thinking of? I'd be quite surprised if you were."

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 06:11:52 AM »
//Hello everyone! As I have a (semi)-concrete plan for CoVE now, I am ready to post what was the original idea for it: an RP thread. I will be posting the first chapter plus a tiny bit of the second. A few minor tweaks will be applied for additional context, as this is not the "official" story. Which leads me to another point: If you have read CoVE, please try not to apply that story here. As far as this goes, it's an entirely different story. Finally, please be patient with me. It is inevitable that the story will start to sidetrack from the main plot, so I will probably steer back to it if I notice too much divergence. However, I'm purposefully leaving parts of the story blank. This is because I want others to have a partial say (within character) in where the story goes, just to make it a little better. Anyway, that's enough rambling for now. If anything else comes to mind, I'll add that info as we go. Now. enjoy!

東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence

Yukari Yakumo, the Gap Youkai. Her ability is to manipulate boundaries, no matter what that might entail. That person is you, and you will soon discover the truth behind not only Gensokyo and the outside world, but the entirety of everything you know.

--------------------

One day, while thinking about the extent of your ability, you thought about how powerful you truly are. You can instantly kill someone by manipulating the boundary of life and death, or the opposite by bringing a corpse back to life. You can even manipulate the boundary between human and youkai, human and demon, etc. However, this would be taboo due to its danger to the balance of Gensokyo.

As you are thinking about this, you remember that painting you got from the outside world. It's an illustration of a massive wave with a snow-capped mountain in the distance. You took after that black-white magician and "borrowed" it from a museum. It is a bit disappointing, however, since it's supposed to be the original yet is so small. No matter, you think, I'll just hang it above the vanity.

While you gather everything to hang it, you think about how Ran could be doing this for you, but then remember that you are trying to rely less on your shikigami for the time being.

You've gathered everything now, and head towards the vanity. You continue to think about your powers. While you continue pondering that, you slip. You try to catch yourself, but that pesky shelf you put up bonked you on the head.

As you fade out of consciousness, you think, I should get rid of that shelf.

--------------------

You have a vision. There is a man operating a long, narrow, flat device. You recognize it as a keyboard, not unlike Lyrica Prismriver's. However, it doesn't sound like a keyboard, but rather what you recognize as the sound of Merlin Prismriver's instrument. What was it called again? A trumpet? Yeah, that sounds about right. It does seem a little different than what it's supposed to sound like, but maybe it's just your imagination.

During what seems like a few hours, you observe the man working on a computer, a type of shikigami from the outside world. It appears that he somehow was able to get the music onto the computer, at least that's what you assume. It looks like what you believe is a "software", a feature of computers, somehow made the music "visible".

After some time, it seems like he finishes. The music that plays is... strange, but pleasant. Serious, but tame. Exciting, but slow-paced. Composed of mostly piano, but with snippets of that unique trumpet. The man seems pleased with his creation, and gives it a title: "夜が降りてくる ~ Evening Star".

The vision starts to fade away, but before it completely fades, you notice he adds one more detail. This time, you see it clear as day. Your mind blanks for a second, then you go still, chills running down your spine. The vision fades away, and you see black. All you can think about is those last three words he added:

"Yukari Yakumo's Theme"

--------------------

"Mistress?" A quiet, soothing voice speaks. "Mistress Yukari, are you alright?!" Now an eager, energetic voice speaks. There can only be two beings in the world with those voices.
"Chen, calm down please. This is Mistress Yukari we're talking about, she's most likely fine."
"MISTREEESSSSS?!"
Ran snaps a little, "Chen, be quiet! I told you, she's fine!" Chen doesn't listen.

You are fully conscious now. All you need to do is get up.

>_

// Even If I am not going to partecipate,save maybe for  the future and occasionally, as an help to the   :extend: present all eventual and future Players   :fullpower: or Interested ones,here are the 2 Story Links,2 different format, to "... Touhou CoVE (4 Chapters so far)", on your starting Topic https://www.shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=343.msg25306#new ... //

// ... Since it is still useful but glossed over ,the Beginning also contais the Start of Chaper 4 ...

//...Please Keep In Mind that,as the Author&Parser OkuuFallout specified , while the RP-Thread has a starting connection from its Story-Format and the former is connected to the latter to some extent...the RP is also going to be Different and Divergent //
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:31:31 AM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 11:42:58 AM »
//Thank you Branneg, I appreciate that.

> "Quite perceptive. Now, do you have any idea about what I was thinking of? I'd be quite surprised if you were."

>"Like I said, I do not wish to think about where your mind wandered this time. It can be quite a disturbing place at times."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 12:46:50 PM »
> "You don't take me for a fair and innocent young maiden with a pure mind? How hurtful, Ran~"
> How's the painting?
> "Perhaps it was this shelf's time to go anyways. It's hardly been welcome, wouldn't you agree?"

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 01:55:08 PM »
>"Sorry, Mistress. I was just talking about how you treat that one Celestial. You still talk in your sleep occasionally, contemplating how you should punish her next."

>The painting is perfectly fine. A good thing, that is, since it's a priceless treasure.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

>"...Sure. You haven't put anything on it in the past few years it's been there, after all."

>"I suppose I should have asked this first, but are you alright? Does it hurt?"

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2022, 02:51:32 PM »
> "As you presumed earlier, I'm fine. Thank you for the concern though, Ran. You as well,  Chen."
> ...Does it still hurt though?

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 04:17:29 PM »
>Ran bows. "Of course, mistress." Chen beams and responds with "You're welcome, Mistress!"

>You don't know how long you've been out, but it must have been enough for your youkai body to heal.
>>In other words, it does not hurt.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 04:29:16 PM »
> "Sorry for interrupting whatever you two were doing just to worry about me. Now where was I?"
> Grab the painting again to put it up.
> Who do we go to when we have something on our mind? Yuyuko? Ran? Reimu?

> Do we know how to work one of those computers? Does Rinnosuke possess a working one? Would we bother that Sumireko for use?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 04:32:54 PM by Neovereign »

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2022, 09:11:23 PM »
>"No worries, Mistress. Chen was the one who discovered you." She frowns a little. "She has already admitted that she wasn't coming into this room for its intended purpose."
>You start putting the small painting up on the wall. You already framed it preemptively, so all you have to do is nail it on.
>When you have something on your mind, you usually speak to whoever you feel like talking to at the time, if you talk to anyone at all. It could be Yuyuko, could be Reimu, could be someone else. While Ran is there too, she's more of a listener than a discusser, so you usually don't try to get into a topic with her.

>You don't know entirely how to operate a computer, but you have learned the basics from your trips to the outside world.
>You know a surprising amount about outside world technology for a youkai, so you know how to operate them.
>>Rinnosuke probably does have a working computer, but he has no source of power for it to function.
>>>Sumireko's an... interesting individual. While even more knowledgeable about the outside world than you are, she's still a teenager, so kind of hard to deal with. It would still be worth consulting her though, she would probably enjoy the idea of teaching what she falsely thinks is an "old granny" about modern technology.
>>>Sumireko could help, but it wouldn't be necessary, unless you need to use those websites where you can post various things for the world to see.

//Edit: I placed strikethroughs through my original text since I found out that Yukari actually knows a lot about outside technology, which was confirmed in Curiosities of Lotus Asia when she recognized an iPod and even showed knowledge about the Nintendo Game Boy and DS.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 04:58:26 PM by OkuuFallout »

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2022, 05:34:20 AM »
> "As for yourself?"
> Continue with the painting, then. Let's be a bit more careful this time, especially since we're using nails and such now.

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2022, 11:43:58 AM »
//Real quick. Did anyone get the Back to the Future reference? Bonking your head in the bathroom and having a vision?

>"I was reading an American cookbook when Chen came to get me. Despite being very fatty usually, American food is still quite good apparently.

>You carefully nail in the single nail you need to hang up the painting and place the painting on the wall.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2022, 02:23:31 PM »
//Not me, I'm afraid.
> "There we go."
> Admire our work with something that's not our work.
> "Does that mean you have some ideas to cook up for us today?"

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2022, 02:52:05 PM »
>You admire the historical masterpiece that is kind of small compared to most priceless paintings. It is certainly beautiful.

>"I'm not quite sure I understand most of the book, but we could try to bake an apple pie. According to this recipe, we need sliced apples, flour, sugar, milk, cinnamon and butter. Could you perhaps gap these from the outside world, mistress?"

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2022, 03:23:43 PM »
> "All of them?  You don't want any ingredients procured from Gensokyo?"

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2022, 12:30:47 PM »
>"I wouldn't know if there are any of those ingredients here. Perhaps milk, but I don't know about the others."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2022, 05:57:21 PM »
> "Alright. Do you already have everything else prepared? "

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2022, 01:32:01 PM »
>"Yes, Mistress. All I need are the ingredients to make the dish."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2022, 03:36:30 PM »
> "I suppose I shouldn't keep you held up then."
> Do we have anything else we wanted to get to after framing that picture? Or are we free to head for the Outside World.

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2022, 05:30:04 PM »
>"What do you mean, Mistress? Can't you just directly gap them here?"

>You didn't have any plans afterwards. To be honest, you were planning to take a nap, but it seems Ran is somewhat eager to try this "apple pie" out. Ultimately, it is your choice.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2022, 05:21:35 AM »
> "I mean to say I'll go get them now, so you should get ready to continue. What did you think I meant?~"
> Open a gap to the Outside World

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2022, 05:24:29 PM »
>"...Nevermind, Mistress. I'll see you when you get back."

>You open a gap to the Outside World.
->Where do you go?

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 04:32:13 PM »
> How would we normally obtain things? Do we have some money? Do we steal? Do we bring some unfortunate sap to Gensokyo while doing all three with their money?

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2022, 05:09:05 PM »
>Since youkai need to consume humans to live and how the Human Village is protected, one of your responsibilities is to gap humans from the outside world.
->Once they arrive, they need to find their way to either the Human Village or the Hakurei Shrine, in which they can choose to go back home or stay in Gensokyo at the Human Village.
-->However, the majority suffer the fate of being consumed by the youkai. When this happens, they leave any personal belongings they had on them behind. That is when you come in. Since those belongings can't be left laying around, you grab them, refurbish them if needed, and sell them at the Human Village.

>So yes. You have money. But rather than appearing before Outside World humans, you just take the items you need, and leave behind the amount of money that they sell for.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2022, 05:19:56 PM »
> Let's head near the vicinity of a store, then. Out of view, of course.
> We can squeeze into tiny gaps like in a sidewalk or between two goods, right? That should make taking some easier.

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2022, 02:32:54 PM »
//I'll probably start to speed things up around reply #40, based on where we're at.

>You gap to an alley near a main street in a downtown area. Immediately, you hear the sound of a large number of people. You look down towards the street, and see a few market stalls. You recognize them as stalls during a farmer's market. You should be able to find everything here.

>You have two options:

>Gap the ingredients directly and leave money in its place.
>Disguise as a human and do it the, ugh, normal way.