Author Topic: Guidance Quest - Iteration II  (Read 24168 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Guidance Quest - Iteration II
« on: June 03, 2022, 04:21:24 AM »
>Gensokyo.

>It is one of the last few havens for the supernatural on Earth, isolated from the rest of the world for centuries and is home to a diverse population consisting of humans, youkai, fairies, ghosts, and many others.

>These people live in balance, governed by a set of laws known as the Spellcard Rules that emphasizes duels based on beauty and dodging rather than pure displays of power. In theory, these laws allow humans and weak youkai to have a fighting chance against those that are far stronger than them, and indeed this has been proven true several times over the years since its adoption.

>This way of living has lead to life in Gensokyo being mostly peaceful, if not a bit chaotic at times, with only the occasional incident to shake things up, though these tend to be resolved by the efforts of a certain few.

>Presently, it has been quite some time since the last incident occurred, but the winds of change are always blowing. Something new lies on the horizon, and only time will tell how it will play out, and what your role in it will be...

>However, before anything can begin, a simple question must be answered...

Who, in this world, will you choose to follow?

>Flandre Scarlet - The younger sister of the vampire Remilia Scarlet. She almost never has the chance to go out, mostly being confined to the mansion due to a poor control over her power.

>Koishi Komeiji - A young satori that sealed her third eye shut to escape the prejudice against her species, unintentionally sealing off her conscious mind in the process. Yet something still stirs inside this "Empty shell"...

>Sariel - Makai's Angel of Destruction. <A chance was given, and a chance was wasted. Her destiny is out of your hands...>

>Maribel Hearn - An outsider who is on the cusp of unlocking her potential, trying to find the fabled land of Gensokyo with her best friend Renko.

>Someone else? - May lead to unpredictable results. Choose carefully.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Guidance Quest - Iteration II
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 06:12:24 AM »
>Sariel - Makai's Angel of Destruction. <A chance was given, and a chance was wasted. Her destiny is out of your hands...>
//I feel this is unfair to say given the "chance" was forced to be carried out by those that arrived too late to vote. But, nonetheless...

> Flandre Scarlet.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 01:07:29 PM by Neovereign »

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 09:49:20 AM »
> Flandre Scarlet.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 11:53:14 PM »
//I feel this is unfair to say given the "chance" was forced to be carried out by those that arrived too late to vote. But, nonetheless...
//Honestly didn't intend for it to come off as harsh. Blame me trying to be poetic or something. may or may not have also been unable to think of any better wording while keeping the entity in character. Plus I was tired at the time.

//Will wait an extra day to see if anyone new wants to jump in before starting this off.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 02:37:21 AM »
> Flandre Scarlet.
>...
>...
>...

>Of the many locations in Gensokyo, the Scarlet Devil Mansion is among the more well known. Located on the shores of Misty Lake, the SDM has a long and rich history, even before coming to the hidden eastern paradise. In more contemporary times, it has played roles in several incidents, mainly in the form of its inhabitants either being participants or helping to bring them to a resolution. The most infamous incident it was involved in, though, was the Scarlet Mist Incident, one of the earliest incidents to occur after the adoption of the Spellcard System, as well as the event that practically put it on the map.

>The owner and mistress of the mansion is Remilia Scarlet, a young looking yet highly charismatic vampire who's been alive for at least 500 years and possesses the ability to manipulate fate itself. At her side is Sakuya Izayoi, a perfect and elegant maid with powers over time and an undying loyalty to her mistress. Other inhabitants of note are Hong Meiling, the mansion's gatekeeper; Patchouli Knowledge, a magician and librarian with fluctuating health; and Koakuma, a demon from Makai serves as Patchouli's assistant and familiar.

>However, there is another important inhabitant of the mansion. Deep within the confines of the SDM's basement, a young, blonde girl with peculiar looking wings laid alone on a bed, looking rather bored with only stuffed animals suffering varying degrees of damage to keep her company.

>With a small yawn and a stretch, the girl began to wonder what today would bring...
>_

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 02:40:09 AM »
> What time is it? Or what time does it appear to be?

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 02:48:26 AM »
>How are we doing?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 03:28:04 AM »
> What time is it? Or what time does it appear to be?
>Flandre immediately snaps to attention at the sound of a strange, unfamiliar voice. Instinctively, she glances around for the source but doesn't find one, had she imagined that?

>How are we doing?
>"...Hello?" Flandre asks out loud, "Who's there?"
>'Did sis send me a new playmate...?'
>_

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 04:30:02 AM »
> "Hello. Someone... Special to you, you could say."

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 04:32:49 AM »
>A guide? Friend?

>Not a fairy maid.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 04:42:47 AM »
> "Hello. Someone... Special to you, you could say."
>"...Someone special?" Flandre responds to the voice as she hops off the bed, determined to find the source.

>A guide? Friend?

>Not a fairy maid.
>"A guide...?" she questions, as she looks inside and under all the furniture in her room, "...You're really good at hiding by the way."
>_

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2022, 04:59:43 AM »
>We lack physical form so we should be impossible to find.
->I think.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2022, 07:57:53 AM »
>Were you bored?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2022, 08:02:25 AM »
>We lack physical form so we should be impossible to find.
->I think.
>"Really?" she raises an eyebrow, "I'll be the judge of that..."
>'Maybe I can see if I can find their eye... hmm... but sis gets upset if I accidentally break the furniture...'

>Were you bored?
>"I was, until you came along. Now I get to play hide n' seek~"
>She pauses for a moment, before splitting into four identical copies, each of them beginning their own search for the source of the voices... or was it a single voice? They honestly seemed to blend together, almost like a mini voice of legion, so it's difficult to tell...
>_
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 08:04:46 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2022, 08:12:39 AM »
>Voices.
>Please don't play with my eye.  We can't play if you send us to the Sanzu River.

>Are we winning hide and seek?

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2022, 08:40:35 AM »
> There isn't a lot we can play like this... But we can keep you company.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2022, 08:46:56 PM »
>Voices.
>Please don't play with my eye.  We can't play if you send us to the Sanzu River.

>Are we winning hide and seek?
>"I would say you're doing a pretty good job so far, but I know this basement like the back of my hand, so you can't hide forever~"

> There isn't a lot we can play like this... But we can keep you company.
>"So did my sister put you up to this? People normally don't come down here on their own unless they're sis, Patchouli, Meiling, or Sakuya..."
>_

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2022, 09:27:28 PM »
>Challenge - Accepted :heart:

>I don't think Remi did.  We came to visit and help you.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2022, 09:37:19 PM »
> We'll help each other. Then again, it doesn't look like you need much help with anything...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2022, 09:51:56 PM »
>Challenge - Accepted :heart:

>I don't think Remi did.  We came to visit and help you.
>"Help me with what?" Flandre questions, "...This isn't about my powers is it? I told Remi I was getting better..." all four of her pout.

> We'll help each other. Then again, it doesn't look like you need much help with anything...
>"Well I do want to go outside, but I'm not sure how much help you'd be able to help with that..."

>Your charge has defined an objective:
>>Escape the Scarlet Devil Mansion - (Reward: ???)
>Something shifts within your bond. New information has revealed itself to you.

??: ? UNLOCK CRITERIA: Complete at least one objective.
???????? UNLOCK CRITERIA: Complete at least one objective.

Objectives:
-Escape the Scarlet Devil Mansion (Reward: ???)
>_

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2022, 10:31:55 PM »
>Oh just help in general. We aren't party poopers that'll tell you that you need this and that or you won't be successful. If you want to go outside, we'll help you. So, why aren't you normally allowed to go outside?

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2022, 10:42:31 PM »
>If you're going outside then don't forget an umbrella!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2022, 11:19:01 PM »

Objectives:

>Oh just help in general. We aren't party poopers that'll tell you that you need this and that or you won't be successful. If you want to go outside, we'll help you. So, why aren't you normally allowed to go outside?
>"Something about being unable to control my powers and it being for the protection of myself and others." she waves her hand side to side, "I've been getting better though. I only completely break my playmates a third of the time now! Unless it's Marisa. Marisa is the best playmate."

>If you're going outside then don't forget an umbrella!
>"Unless it's already night... What time is it anyway? There aren't any windows down here so it's usually hard to tell."
>_

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2022, 11:28:55 PM »
>Not sure.  We're limited to the area around you.

>You should still take an umbrella.  There  areplenty of stories of people drawing out time, but now, bam, you pull out an umbrella and ruin their dastardly plans!

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2022, 01:19:01 AM »
> Oh? Confident huh. Let's see how good you are then. Do you have a few targets you can demonstrate your power on?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2022, 01:34:21 AM »

Objectives:

>Not sure.  We're limited to the area around you.
>"Oh..."

>You should still take an umbrella.  There  areplenty of stories of people drawing out time, but now, bam, you pull out an umbrella and ruin their dastardly plans!
>"So you're saying to beat up people with an umbrella?" she blinks, "Why would I use that when I have Laevateinn?" she summons the wand/staff/sword/thing in question. "Plus then I'd risk breaking the umbrella, which would be bad if it's sunny out."

> Oh? Confident huh. Let's see how good you are then. Do you have a few targets you can demonstrate your power on?
>"Hmm..." one of her clones opens a trunk in a corner and tosses a partially smashed vase to her, "I can use this!"
>She carefully sets it on the floor and concentrates, clutching the vase's already fractured eye in her hands, but she doesn't squeeze... She just want to demonstrate...
>The vase seems to vibrate for a moment but otherwise remains intact...
>_

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2022, 01:39:45 AM »
>. . .I never said that part aloud.  Are you a satori vampire? :P
->But seriously it would be in case you lost track of time.

>Oooh, can you use the eye to shape things? Like make the vase pieces into the shape of a keep?
->????Wait, can you target the paint on the vase or is all of it connected to a single eye?

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2022, 01:48:27 AM »
> Impressive. How long can you keep holding that without breaking it?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2022, 03:44:57 AM »

Objectives:
>. . .I never said that part aloud.  Are you a satori vampire? :P
->But seriously it would be in case you lost track of time.
>"Ah." she replies, still keeping her focus on the vase's eye.

>Oooh, can you use the eye to shape things? Like make the vase pieces into the shape of a keep?
->????Wait, can you target the paint on the vase or is all of it connected to a single eye?
>"That would be silly. It wouldn't even be destroying things if I did that." she pauses, before considering your words.
>"I've only ever seen one eye on an object. But I wonder..."

>In her attempts to concentrate further, she accidentally flexes her fingers by a slight amount, causing the damaged eye to rapidly deteriorate in her palm until...
>The vase explodes spectacularly, leaving a decent sized scorch mark on the floor.

>"...Oops."

> Impressive. How long can you keep holding that without breaking it?
>"I could've probably held it longer..." she pouts, her clones doing the same.
>_

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2022, 03:47:12 AM »
>Eye within eyes?  That would be a funny looking creature.