Author Topic: Doll Quest - Foundation  (Read 112223 times)

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2022, 09:01:05 PM »
>Nod at Marisa's words

> Marisa dosen't react to you nodding.

> "So it's different... Well, I think we know what's wrong with Alice..."

> Marisa looks at you silently; but expectantly for a few moments.

> "I mean, she's not with you. So it can't be good." she says, sounding less cheery than usual.

> Marisa hesitates. "I suppose that's why Eirin isn't out here, right?"

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2022, 09:10:30 PM »
> "Okay, so don't interrupt me, because you need to hear all of it to understand. So first, Eirin says Alice chipped off part of her soul to make me, but she cracked or damaged her own in the process. And the part that went to me became my soul, so I can't use mine to restore Alice's. So, Miss Kaguya is keeping her eternal or something so that we can find someone or a way to mend Alice's splintered soul. Do you know anyone who can do such?"

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2022, 10:21:36 PM »
> "Okay, so don't interrupt me, because you need to hear all of it to understand. So first, Eirin says Alice chipped off part of her soul to make me, but she cracked or damaged her own in the process. And the part that went to me became my soul, so I can't use mine to restore Alice's. So, Miss Kaguya is keeping her eternal or something so that we can find someone or a way to mend Alice's splintered soul. Do you know anyone who can do such?"

> Marisa thinks for a few moments.

> "No-one comes to mind. I don't remember anyone with any soul-powers. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give up! Just because I don't know anyone doesn't mean there isn't anyone." Marisa says. "I don't have time to stick around here moping, and if Alice is safe here, I don't need to worry about lugging her around!"

> Without hesitation, Marisa kicks off the ground with her broom and flies off at pace.

> "Nothing can stop her when she's fired up like this." Undonge says. "Marisa's a bit of a hothead who likes to rush off and do her own thing. She's always trying to solve problems before Reimu can..."

> "A bit of a hothead?" Tewi mockingly asks. "Try volcano-head Undonge."

> The rabbit in pink looks at you. "What are you gonna do? If you wanna leave the forest I can get some rabbits to lead you out."

> "You are welcome to stay here if you please as well." Kaguya adds, the Princess still clearly fascinated by you.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2022, 10:36:00 PM »
> Look back the way Marisa went off.
> "Uh... Well, I'm definitely not as fast or strong as her, I'm pretty sure. So I won't be able to find someone as well as she would. I think it's better if I stay nearby Alice for now."

//Any objections, Phil?

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2022, 10:40:12 PM »
//None, Olympia is a newborn

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2022, 10:29:15 PM »
> Look back the way Marisa went off.
> "Uh... Well, I'm definitely not as fast or strong as her, I'm pretty sure. So I won't be able to find someone as well as she would. I think it's better if I stay nearby Alice for now."

//Any objections, Phil?

> "You do not need to be strong or fast to go out and meet people." Kaguya says. For some reason, the two rabbits give the Princess a look that almost screams 'you're talking about going out?'.

> Tewi smirks at you. "What, are you scared of going off alone or something? How old are you anyway?"

> "Stop pestering her Tewi." Undonge says. "She didn't even know what her ability was until just now, so she's probably only just been created. Besides, it's not as if Miss Margetroid could have stayed conscious long with that Soul Fracture."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2022, 03:02:54 AM »
> "A few minutes old at best... maybe not even an hour yet. I definitely don't want to die and have Alice finally wake and wonder what happened to me."
> Think for a bit...
> "But... I believe there are some things I'm curious about, that I should probably try to follow along."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 03:34:10 AM by Neovereign »

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2022, 03:16:31 AM »
>Shrug before we answer

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2022, 07:32:34 PM »
>Shrug before we answer

> "A few minutes old at best... maybe not even an hour yet. I definitely don't want to die and have Alice finally wake and wonder what happened to me."
> Think for a bit...
> "But... I believe there are some things I'm curious about, that I should probably try to follow along."

> "Oh." Tewi responds, clearly a bit surprised.

> "What is it that you are curious about?" Kaguya asks.

> The previously injured bunny hops out of the front of the palace, hopping over to the uninjured adult and the babies. It's fur hasn't fully grown back, but it's showing no signs of injury as it hops now. The other rabbits seem quite happy.

> "Next full moon I'm going to give her a peice of my mind." Kaguya says quietly to herself.

> "Princess, how do you know it was her and not the Fire Rat's Robe?" Tewi says in an innocent sounding fashion, but the smug look on her face says it all.

> Kaguya grumbles.

> "It's not like you need an excuse to fight Mokou to the death on the night of the full moon anyway." Tewi continues. "It's the highlight of your month."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2022, 08:28:44 PM »
> "I'm curious about Alice's other dolls. And some things in her house."

« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2022, 08:42:35 PM »
>"You've fought Mokou to the death multiple times?"

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2022, 10:30:45 PM »
>"You've fought Mokou to the death multiple times?"

> "Yes." Kaguya replies.

> The two rabbits give Kaguya a look.

> "Oh yes. We're immortal." Kaguya elaborates. "Death doesn't stick to us for more than a second or two. Fuijwara even stylizes herself after a Pheonix. So we can freely fight without any spellcard rules or other silliness, because we don't need to worry about hurting each other."

> "I'm curious about Alice's other dolls. And some things in her house."

> Undonge thinks. "Yes, it might help to gather more information about whatever process she used to create you. Knowing what exactly she did may help Master reverse-engineer the process. One moment."

> The taller rabbit re-enters the palace, and then returns with a small book. She flips through it.

> "There's directions here somewhere from when she ordered medication before. Ah; there we go! With you being whisked here by Kirisame, I doubt you'd have the route home memorized."

> Undonge looks at Kaguya.

> "I trust you do not object to me accompanying the doll on this task? I can gather any useful information and then return to give it to Master."

> "Go ahead." Kaguya says. "Having you resolve problems brings good to the name of Eientei after all; and me by extension."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2022, 01:43:59 AM »
> "Oh. The Princess... Er, Princess's pet will be welcome company."
> Smile.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2022, 08:49:03 PM »
> "Oh. The Princess... Er, Princess's pet will be welcome company."
> Smile.

> The taller rabbit sighs.

> "You can call me Reisen. I guess my full name is Reisen Undongin Inaba, although those all came from different people. I guess Undonge works too, but don't just call me Inaba please..."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2022, 08:52:04 PM »
> "Okay Reisen. You know how to get back to Alice's house from here?"

« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2022, 09:04:52 PM »
>Nod and give our guide a thumbs up

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2022, 09:37:10 PM »
> "Okay Reisen. You know how to get back to Alice's house from here?"

> "By memory; no. Using the directions from her historical order of medication, yes." Reisen answers, tapping the cover of the pocketbook she had retrieved from the palace.

>Nod and give our guide a thumbs up

> Reisen nods, but then adds something.

> "One rule. Do not look directly into my eyes. I'm not sure if it would effect you, since you're not biological and thus technically lack a brain for me to scramble, but still; better to be safe than sorry. Looking into my eyes can cause insanity. It's a part of my ability, and unfortunately; I can't turn it off fully. I can only weaken it to the degree that you're only at risk with direct contact."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2022, 09:47:03 PM »
> Nod nod.

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2022, 01:20:08 AM »
>Nod nod

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2022, 08:47:38 PM »
> Nod nod.

> Reisen nods, and begins to walk towards the edge of the clearing. She stops to make sure the rabbits and the babies are alright, before she continues.

> "I'm not sure how fast you can move, if I start getting too far ahead, please let me know."

> Reisen enters the bamboo forest.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2022, 09:16:56 PM »
> Catch up to her and cling onto her arm to be carried!

« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2022, 09:19:37 PM »
>Then crawl up so we can ride on her shoulder

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2022, 09:39:57 PM »
> Catch up to her and cling onto her arm to be carried!

>Then crawl up so we can ride on her shoulder

> You catch up to Reisen, firstly grabbing the sleeve of her arm, and then hoisting yourself up onto her shoulder.

> "I... I guess that works." the rabbit says. She seems slightly uncomfortable with the situation, but dosen't remove you.

> You swiftly reach the edge of the Bamboo forest, with Reisen seemingly knowing the way around it very well. When you do this, you see the night sky for the first time, the night having fallen while you were at Eientei.

> Reisen briefly stops; reading from her notebook again.

> Suddenly; she tenses up; turns around and points a finger into the sky. You see a small group of figures in the air.

> Followed by a barrage of various-colored orbs heading your way.

> "It's a fairy pack! The type that love to play danmaku with anyone else they find and won't take no for an answer." Reisen says. "I can deal with them but you might want to hold on."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2022, 09:40:37 PM »
> Hang on tightly, and watch her work!

« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2022, 10:05:53 PM »
>Get as flat ad possible on her shoulder

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2022, 08:45:50 PM »
> Hang on tightly, and watch her work!

>Get as flat ad possible on her shoulder

> You hand on tightly; laying down horizontally across Reisen's shoulder.

> The rabbit leaps into the air, and then fires a rapid-fire spray of bullet danmaku from her outreached finger, which moves faster than the shots of the fairies, and makes a few of them... pop into glitter with a -pichunn- sound.

> The remaining fairies keep attacking, seemingly completely undettered by their comrades vanishing. Reisen makes a motion, and a weapon appears in her hands with little rabbit ears on it. Reisen fires this; which seems to have a lower rate of fire but is launching larger bullets. Again, about half the remaining fairies vanish.

> From your position on Reisen's shoulder, one of your eyes can see a bit behind the rabbit, and out of thin air, three fairies appear at close range; while Reisen is distracted with the barrage from the remaining few fairies that attacked from the front!

> One is a brunette with long hair and in a blue dress. One is a blonde with her hair all curled up in two odd bunches in a yellow-hued dress, and the third is an orange-haired girl with messy hair in a red dress. Their wings also also all notably different in appearance.

> The yellow fairy loosens a barrage of crescent-moon like danmaku, the blue fairy releases a barrage of blue stars, and the red fairy shoots small fireballs. It's immediately clear that these three are better than the small swarm that attacked from the front. It's also notable that the red fairy is shooting the smallest barrage; while the yellow fairy is shooting the most.

« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2022, 09:13:08 PM »
>Launch ourself at the yellow fairy's face if we think we can latch

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2022, 09:35:12 PM »
> Do not disembark from the rabbit. Our size means we are extremely easy to capture. We don't need to be another person needing saving, especially when we're already trying to save someone else.
> Whisper to Reisen: "Behind us, three super wing fairies."
> Slap her shoulder in urgency if she's still not noticing.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2022, 05:19:30 PM »
>Launch ourself at the yellow fairy's face if we think we can latch

> In terms of range and direct path, you probably could. But the danmaku...

> Do not disembark from the rabbit. Our size means we are extremely easy to capture. We don't need to be another person needing saving, especially when we're already trying to save someone else.
> Whisper to Reisen: "Behind us, three super wing fairies."
> Slap her shoulder in urgency if she's still not noticing.

> "Super wing fairies?" Reisen asks; as she makes a sharp left movement by instinct and then wheels around.

> "Oh; these three. I see they figured out I can see through their powers so they snuck up behind me."

> "Nuh uh! You totally didn't see us coming!" the red fairy says.

> "Or hear us." the yellow fairy said in a less enthusiastic voice.

> "But we knew where you were!" the blue fairy added in a cheery tone.

> "That's because you snuck up behind me." Reisen replied, while she kept shooting behind her without looking, causing the remaining fairies who were the frontal assault to either vanish or scatter with their numbers thinned.

> "No it's because we hid ourselves." the red fairy argued back.

> Reisen sighs. "Fairies."

> "Look; I'm quite busy right now; so I'll give you one chance. Fly off and stop bothering me or I'll shoot you down without any mercy."

> The three fairies huddle and start whispering to each other.

> As they are doing this; a small [even to you], glittering rectangle appears before you; spinning around rapidly. It's not moving towards or away from you. The rectangle has a very ornate design upon it, but it is spinning too quickly to make out fully.

« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2022, 05:32:48 PM »
>Poke the rectangle with a finger
->If it is safe grab it