Author Topic: Doll Quest - Foundation  (Read 112225 times)

Re: Doll Quest - Foundation
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2022, 03:42:57 PM »
>"Ooh"
->Try putting putting our hand into out chest like the doctor without hurting ourself

>Check for any residue of the glowing substance

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2022, 09:13:09 PM »
> "Tingly..."

> Eirin does not respond.

>
>"Ooh"
->Try putting putting our hand into out chest like the doctor without hurting ourself

>Check for any residue of the glowing substance

> You attempt to emulate Eirin, but your hand just dinks against your chest.

> It appears Eirin has been efficient enough with her usage of the substance that there is no residue.

> Eirin removes her hands, and thinks.

> "Well; I think I found the problem. The problem is finding a solution. It's not my area of expertise."

> She looks at you.

> "It appears that to create you; Alice splintered a part of her own soul and placed it within your shell. Logical. Souls can heal, souls can grow. It's the same logic as a single-celled organism splitting into two. I'm not sure how she went about shearing a piece of her own soul off..."

> Eirin paused.

> "But the problem is she made some sort of mistake. Instead of simply chipping off a splinter, she's managed to crack her soul. She's damaged it. My medication can fix the body, it can even enhance it. But I can't fix a soul."

> Eirin adds, after a moment, "And it's not as simple as putting her soul back together. The moment you came alive, the fragment of Alice's soul became it's own thing, your soul; and started to change. It's not even the right shape to piece back together anymore."

> At this point, Undonge arrives, followed by a short girl in a shirt and skirt that both seem a bit too big for her. Despite this; she seems quite elegant.

>
> Kaguya Houraisan
> Personification of the Moment that lasts an Eternity

> "I cannot fix her, but there is a way to buy her time until a way is found to mend her splintered soul." Eirin says, before she looks towards the new figure. "Lady Kaguya, if you would please suspend Miss Margetroid using your Power of Eternity."

> The 'Lady Kaguya' seems unsure. "What point is there for me suspending out this moment of suffering for an eternity if even you do not know how to fix it?" she asks, before adding, "Surely, if this patient is suffering such that you cannot cure them, rather than drawing out a moment of suffering to an eternity, yearning for a cure that may not exist, I should make eternity pass in a moment, so her suffering ceases?"

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2022, 09:43:28 PM »
>"Could bits of my soul grow and fill the cracks?"

>"Lady Kaguya, I owe my creator for my life."

>Fidget with our hands
->"She said to do whatever I want and I want to save her."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2022, 02:13:23 AM »
> "I have free will, and that's what I will. I will save Alice so she can see me do things on my own."
> "So... Who can help with souls?"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 02:55:40 AM by Neovereign »

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2022, 08:12:08 PM »
>"Could bits of my soul grow and fill the cracks?"

>"Lady Kaguya, I owe my creator for my life."

>Fidget with our hands
->"She said to do whatever I want and I want to save her."

> Eirin shakes her head. "Your soul is your soul now. It's it's own thing. Everything you experience will carve itself upon it and shape it."

> Kaguya looks at you when you speak. She is silent for a few moments, before she slowly approaches you. You note she isn't walking, but floating above the ground.

> "A doll that moves on it's own. Truely; an impossible item." she says. "Perhaps I should add you to my collection of Impossible Requests..."

> "Do you not have enough pets; Lady Kaguya?" Eirin asks. "A living being is a pet, not one of your curiosities."

> "I suppose." the Princess answers to Eirin, backing away from you once again.

> "And what if she cannot be saved?" Kaguya asks. "Eirin is the smartest person I know, and if she dosen't know a way to help, I doubt there is one."

> "I have free will, and that's what I will. I will save Alice so she can see me do things on my own."
> "So... Who can help with souls?"

> "Aren't you just the most determined little thing?" Kaguya replies.

> Eirin looks like she is about to say something; but Kaguya stops her.

> "Do you know how things work here; little doll?" Kaguya asks. "Even should you find someone who might be able to help; they may not wish to do so. Indeed, I'm not particularly keen on causing more suffering where there may not be a solution. But you are something I have not seen in my many, many years. You interest me. So perhaps I shall give you some assistance after all..."

> Kaguya shows the faintest of smiles.

> "Have you even figured out what your ability is? Every being within Gensokyo has one. Be it a talent above all overs that no-one can compete with, or some sort of supernatural ability that only they possess. I don't see you being able to make it very far if you do not even know what your gift is."

> Eirin and Undonge are both looking at the Princess slightly surprised. It seems neither of theme expected her to react to you this way. The Princess looks at you expectantly.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2022, 08:46:41 PM »
> "I can pick up rabbits that should be too big to pick up. It wasn't heavy at all."
> "And well... I just have to do my best to get their help. I don't think I can use strings like Alice, so I can't control and make people do what I want."

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2022, 09:16:24 PM »
> "I can pick up rabbits that should be too big to pick up. It wasn't heavy at all."
> "And well... I just have to do my best to get their help. I don't think I can use strings like Alice, so I can't control and make people do what I want."

> "When you gave me the rabbit; it felt weightless for a moment." Eirin explains.  "But when you let go; it regained it's weight. While it is possible that your ability extends beyond this singular thing we have seen, for now, I believe it is safe to say you have the ability to make objects you touch weightless."

> "Well; there is an easy way to test that theory; right Eirin?" Kaguya responds.

> Both Kaguya and Eirin look at Undonge.

> The rabbit sighs and walks up to you. She stops just out of reach of your arm.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2022, 09:19:48 PM »
> "A big rabbit... person. Well, here goes."
> Hold on and try to lift her in the same way we did for the rabbit.
> Note anything we feel during this.

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2022, 10:58:50 PM »
>Watch for any visual cues of our magic

/(^o^)/Fuwayuru

• https://web.archive.org/web/20110426010918im_/http
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2022, 07:09:15 AM »
Touch me waistline

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2022, 12:10:33 PM »
> "A big rabbit... person. Well, here goes."
> Hold on and try to lift her in the same way we did for the rabbit.
> Note anything we feel during this.

>Watch for any visual cues of our magic

> You steady yourself; before you float into grip range. You decide to grab Reisen's arm, although your hands are far too small to actually wrap around it. Instead, you float over her arm and place one hand each side.

> You attempt to lift Undonge. At first, nothing happens, then, that same faint sparkleing aura starts to spread across her. It takes a few moments, and there is no change until the glittering sparkles have spread all around her body, but once that occurs, you manage to lift the rabbit off the ground, all resistance is gone. Lifting her as; physically, as difficult as lifting the injured rabbit was.

> You're fairly sure that should not be possible in regular circumstances. Undonge is easily 15~20 times your size.

> However, a few moments after lifting her off the ground, you start to feel a weariness set in. The aura flickers, and suddenly the rabbit's weight returns. She immediately lands back on the ground on her feet, and you get dragged down with her, bumping on her arm.

> "It appears she cannot maintain the ability on something that large for very long." Kaguya says. You hear Undonge mutter about not being that large.

> "Yes, but it would be reasonable to wager that with use her mastery over it would grow. To be able to apply it at all to something with such a large size differential when she only just found out what her power is is an impressive feat."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2022, 05:52:59 PM »
> "mm... I hope this can help me help Alice..."

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2022, 05:59:06 PM »
>"Did I do ok?"

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2022, 08:53:33 PM »
>"Did I do ok?"

> "Better than I expected, to be honest." Kaguya responds.

> "mm... I hope this can help me help Alice..."

> "It is a start, but as I said, you need to know how things work in Gensokyo."

> There is a loud noise from outside.

> Kaguya quickly pulls a small branch that seems to have jewels upon it from her sleeve and waves it in the direction of Alice, who shimmers with a rainbow sheen before she becomes completely motionless.

> "It seems what is happening outside is a suitiable lesson for you. Come, I have suspended the dollmaker in Eternity. You need not worry about her."

> Kaguya starts heading for the exit of the room, before she briefly pauses. "Oh; I should explain. I have power over Eternity and the Instantaneous. I can make an eternity pass in a moment, or a moment reach into infinity. The latter allows me to place things into an unchanging stasis. This very palace is under that power. The wood shall never rot; and no damage can fall upon it. The condition of the dollmaker shall not; cannot; change under my powers."

> With that; Kaguya leaves the room. Undonge follows her; while Eirin goes back to whatever she was working on before you arrived. You note the rabbit is still resting, but you can see it's fur starting to grow back already.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2022, 10:41:07 PM »
> Pat Alice and wish her our best. Then follow the princess and the princess bunny.

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2022, 01:26:24 AM »
>Poke our creator's cheek
->Follow the princess

/(^o^)/Fuwayuru

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2022, 01:28:43 AM »
>Happy birthday to me!

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2022, 05:32:46 PM »
> Pat Alice and wish her our best. Then follow the princess and the princess bunny.

>Poke our creator's cheek
->Follow the princess

> You pat Alice's head and poke her cheek. You find it impossible to actually indent the cheek. It feels completely solid.

> You follow Kaguya and Undonge out of the room, and they lead you out of the palace...

> Marisa and Tewi are flying around the open area, both of them launching barrages of brilliant projectiles at each other. Tewi seems to be launching various pink shots; some of which appear to bounce off the ground back at Marisa; while Marisa is launching streams of star-like projectiles; and occasionally a narrow laser beam. Most of each other's projectiles are being evaded, but some are making the smallest bit of contact.

> Interestingly; the projectiles seem to be doing nothing to the environment when they impact it, and if they fly too high up; they seem to fizzle away.

> "So; are you aware of what this is?" Kaguya asks.

« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2022, 05:46:11 PM »
>"Fireworks?"

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2022, 08:17:17 PM »
> We should know from Alice's knowledge. At least...
>> "Danmaku."

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2022, 09:12:16 PM »
>"Fireworks?"

> "Close." Undonge answers.

> We should know from Alice's knowledge. At least...
>> "Danmaku."

> You get some vuage memories, a continuation of that scene with Marisa in the bamboo forest. Marisa started fighting the girl in red and white, with Alice helping. The red-and-white girl started to get overwhelmed 2 against 1; but then the purple-clad woman did... something [you're not sure what] and the brunette started to win; moving faster, fireing more, seeming to warp around a little even..

> Kaguya chuckles. "So you do seem to know, even if by instinct."

> Tewi takes a direct hit from one of the stars Marisa launched, and falls to the ground, landing on her feet. She pulls out an ornate card from her dress pocket.

> "Rabbit Sign: Darting Amoung Bamboo!" the inaba calls, before green danmaku forms into bamboo-like pillars.

> "This is a new one." Marisa remarks. as she avoids one of the danmaku pillars which rose up near her.

> The green bullets don't move, but Tewi starts forming pink rings with some sort of crest and kicks them at the pillars; which they bounce off of, sending a few of the green danmaku out on impact as well.

> "I'm sure Kourin had something like this!" Marisa yells as she starts to dodge the ricocheting crests.

---

[Yes; this Tewi spellcard is basically danmaku pachinko, fitting for the lucky rabbit]

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2022, 09:21:32 PM »
> "Dodging is important... But you can't just attack everywhere and hope to hit at the same time. Hm..."

/(^o^)/Fuwayuru

« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2022, 02:41:53 AM »
> You pat Alice's head and poke her cheek. You find it impossible to actually indent the cheek. It feels completely solid.

> You follow Kaguya and Undonge out of the room, and they lead you out of the palace...

> Marisa and Tewi are flying around the open area, both of them launching barrages of brilliant projectiles at each other. Tewi seems to be launching various pink shots; some of which appear to bounce off the ground back at Marisa; while Marisa is launching streams of star-like projectiles; and occasionally a narrow laser beam. Most of each other's projectiles are being evaded, but some are making the smallest bit of contact.

> Interestingly; the projectiles seem to be doing nothing to the environment when they impact it, and if they fly too high up; they seem to fizzle away.

> "So; are you aware of what this is?" Kaguya asks.
Fairy
>Laguna is a male name reduced to a thre word lifespan of mistakes

> Mokpo is a opposite of lifespan reduced through drowning in words

>this is a relationship of abuse and mutual usage, whether intercourse is involved or not is entirely optional

« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2022, 02:49:04 AM »
>Write notes in the ground

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2022, 10:01:40 PM »
 /(^o^)/Fuwayuru; please if you are going to play... uh... actually play. If you're just going to spam, I'm going to start removing your messages.

> "Dodging is important... But you can't just attack everywhere and hope to hit at the same time. Hm..."

> "Danmaku must always be evadeable." Undonge explains. "The spellcard rules and danmaku exist so the weak can fight the strong, and it becomes a battle of beauty and skill."

> "Out of myself; Eirin, Undonge and Tewi; Tewi is probably the worst of us." Kaguya boasts. "Although she has been working hard to improve ever since she last lost. The spellcard you see now is one she's been developing."

>Write notes in the ground

> You float down to the ground and use your finger to write notes in the soil.

> As Tewi's attack continues, there are more and more richoeting charms, and it is getting more and more difficult for Marisa to evade. She appears as if she's managed to fly into a trap of sorts.

> "Damnit; Love Sign: Master Spark!" Marisa calls out; as she pulls out a similary ornate, but diffierent-looking card, and holds it in front of the device she pointed at you earlier.

> There is a breif whirring sound as the card turns into magic light and is absorbed into the device, before a roaring beam of rainbow energy blasts out.

> That... seems antithetical to the whole evasion thing Undonge just said about.

> Tewi's danmaku vanishes; and the white rabbit falls to the ground, groaning and with mildly singed and ruffled clothing. Marisa lands; flips the device into the air and catches it before putting it away, and pulls the rabbit up.

> "That new one almost got me..." Marisa admits.

> "I got too carried away... I should have been ready to scramble away from that Spark..." the rabbit grumbled.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2022, 10:05:53 PM »
> "You almost did that to me?!" Shout in disbelief.

« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2022, 10:46:37 PM »

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2022, 10:51:52 PM »

> "Nah." Marisa said with surprisingly high amounts of cheer. "I woulda blown a hole in Alice's house if I did that. I was gonna use a weaker spell than the Master Spark. But most people think I'm gonna use the Master Spark with that stance, so it's a good way to get people talkin' you know?"

> She pauses.

> "Although that said the danmaku Master Spark and the real thing are two different things. Not even sure how destructive it would be these days. I ain't fired an actual Master Spark for a while. Not needed to blow something up good and proper."

> She seems to be in thought as she mutters to herself about "testing against the original."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2022, 10:53:39 PM »
> "So it's different... Well, I think we know what's wrong with Alice..."