~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games
Doll Quest - Foundation
(1/82) > >>
raikaria:
Firstly; an explanation:

I almost died. No; I'm not exaggerating. Covid combined with undiagnosed type 1 Diabetes to almost kill me and cripple me for a long time. I lost most of my ideas during that time, and had other; more important matters to settle.

Now; my life has settled down a bit, and I have some new ideas.

====

The first thing you are aware of is an all-consuming splintering sound. Then, you feel a warmth, spreading out from the center of... nothing, filling you. Becoming you.

Slowly, your eyes open.

Sitting before you, looking down upon you, is a blonde girl, wearing a bright blue dress; covered with a white; elegant and somewhat fancy fabric around her shoulders. A pink ribbon ties around her neck and waist.

She looks upon you with a very satisfied look, and a warm smile. Sweat drips down her face however, and she is breathing very heavily.

You feel... an inexplicable connection with this being.

In front of her is a heavy-looking; open, black book. She closes it; and shuts a lock on it's cover, without taking her eyes off you. Red ribbons wrap around it sealing it further and covering over the lock.

She motions a finger towards your head, and a stream of information surges. Names? Places?

"You should... choose your own name..." the girl says weakly.

---

> Select a name

> Acceptable Criteria - Major City or location; mythical locations acceptable [EG: Hourai after Mount Hourai]; name must not be already taken [EG: Shanghai]
Neovereign:
> Name: Olympia
raikaria:

--- Quote from: Neovereign on April 09, 2022, 04:48:08 PM ---> Name: Olympia

--- End quote ---

> "O...lympia" you say.

> The young woman smiles. "Olympia, after Mount Olympus? A fitting name for my masterwork..."

> You feel the name resonate inside you, as if it is being magically wound into your very being.

> The girl slumps in her chair. She is still watching you.

> "Go on, don't just lie there." the girl says in a tired; yet firm tone, before her face softens, as if she remembered something.

> "Or are you happy like that? There's no strings on you, Olympia. I shouldn't order you around. That defeats the point of my work."
Neovereign:
> Try to go put a finger on her head, like she did for us. Or, rather, a hand might be needed, given the difference in scale...
raikaria:

--- Quote from: Neovereign on April 09, 2022, 09:21:38 PM ---> Try to go put a finger on her head, like she did for us. Or, rather, a hand might be needed, given the difference in scale...

--- End quote ---

> You try to reach the girl's forehead. You see a small hand in a yellow sleeve reach up.

> The distance is far too great to simply reach, so you get up. This is surprisingly difficult, with your balance not being there right away.

> With your new perspective, you can see you are on a... table. Yes, your mind, which is rapidly forming, the magic swirling within you giving you knowledge, calls it that.

> The girl sees you get up unsteadily. "Be careful; the magic probably hasn't fully settled down yet. And the shard probably hasn't fully adapted to it's new home either."

> Hearing "shard" makes something in your torso flutter. As this happens, a name clicks in your head, associating itself with the girl before you. You... know her name somehow. Alice. Yes, this tired-looking girl is called Alice.

> You feel that... strange feeling you felt before your eyes open still. It is fainter now, but you can feel it spreading and swirling around your body. Instinctively; you associate this feeling with the "magic" this "Alice" mentioned. It feels as if connections are rapidly being made in your fledgling mind.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version