~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

moriyashrine.org got DMCA

Pages: << < (2/7) > >>

Kotоhime:

--- Quote from: N-Forza on March 29, 2022, 12:16:46 AM ---I don't see how not being able to freely download games other people have to pay money for is drama but sure.

ZUN has never been OK with piracy but he and his team is very small so it takes time for them to handle stuff. If anything, you should be thankful they only got around to issuing takedowns after the majority of his catalog has been released on Steam.

--- End quote ---

From archival standpoint I'll say that Moriya Shrine did a good job just as an archive as it kept original ISO files for the games aside from already patched games which were on every other website.

Kotоhime:

Alright, we've got it confirmed. ZUN took this action himself.

This probably means he's perhaps ready for releasing Th6 up to 9 on Steam, right? Well we still don't know if he finally got around to fixing EoSD on W10 and above (for which he supposedly lost the source code?).
To be fair if that's the case then maybe he should just try to get in contact with the community itself and ask if he can rely on shipping out the game with their FPS patch. Besides that there's also Th9 to take a look at, more importantly its netcode. ZUN will probably want to implement Steam's P2P service for easier multiplayer, though that is unknown.
I wouldn't expect remakes/remasters from him as he's known for being more into making new things from scratch rather than re-releases.

the-lucid-savage-dream:

i think it's interesting pointing out that on the Cloufare e-mail only lists the games that are on Steam. I think they're only going after the illegal distribution of games with active copyright? (for lack of a better term) I recently got copyright striked on YT for uploading the Rainbow-Colored Septentrion CD, and so have many others.

Kotоhime:

--- Quote from: the-lucid-savage-dream on March 30, 2022, 06:17:28 PM ---i think it's interesting pointing out that on the Cloufare e-mail only lists the games that are on Steam. I think they're only going after the illegal distribution of games with active copyright? (for lack of a better term) I recently got copyright striked on YT for uploading the Rainbow-Colored Septentrion CD, and so have many others.

--- End quote ---

I guess that is still too hot to upload on something like Youtube. Note that the theme there isn't entirely on ZUN's behalf since he composed it for some travel agency or something like that, so it may be them taking down other uploaders since their channel is the one hosting.

the-lucid-savage-dream:

--- Quote from: Kotоhime on March 30, 2022, 06:28:21 PM ---I guess that is still too hot to upload on something like Youtube. Note that the theme there isn't entirely on ZUN's behalf since he composed it for some travel agency or something like that, so it may be them taking down other uploaders since their channel is the one hosting.

--- End quote ---

I assume so, and i'd also like to point out that the whole album is probably at risk of takedown. I also posted the "Where is that Bustling Marketplace Now" track separately and that got striked :(

Pages: << < (2/7) > >>

Go to full version