Author Topic: The "Original" Concealed the Conclusion's Soundtrack  (Read 4630 times)

The "Original" Concealed the Conclusion's Soundtrack
« on: March 26, 2022, 11:16:58 AM »
For those who do not know - Concealed the Conclusion (I'll call it CtC from now on) is one of the first Touhou fangames ever made, released back in late 2006. I won't go into what it is all about besides it taking place after Touhou 9 (well 9.5 technically?) That's besides the point!
What this thread is about is the original soundtrack for this fangame.
For you see, this game has arranged a lot of ZUN's themes going from Touhou 1 up to Touhou 9.5 (+ Seihou) and the most curious thing about it is that the final release features completely different soundtrack from what was originally made.
What am I getting at is that the release version has tracks which were arranges of arranges I suppose. Originally arranged by Mc then done again by myon (みょん).
https://github.com/danmaq/touhou-ctc-danmakufu/releases/tag/Trial-A
This trial features few of these tracks, mainly Scenario C's bosses.
And so here we stand now.
I know that there are other tracks as supposedly the entire soundtrack was already done by Mc and then remade by myon, it's just that it doesn't look like it ever surfaced online, at least on the western web. I wonder if we're maybe dealing with lost media here, who knows?

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
Re: The "Original" Concealed the Conclusion's Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 08:56:38 PM »
supposedly the entire soundtrack was already done by Mc

could you link to where you found this information? it's an interesting thing to think about, but i wasn't able to find anything that corroborates it. the github page for example just says "Some musics composed by Mc (chief of danmaq) version using KORG OASYS." which is a little vague in meaning, so it would be nice if you could include additional info regarding the subject.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 08:06:53 PM »
could you link to where you found this information? it's an interesting thing to think about, but i wasn't able to find anything that corroborates it. the github page for example just says "Some musics composed by Mc (chief of danmaq) version using KORG OASYS." which is a little vague in meaning, so it would be nice if you could include additional info regarding the subject.

I found it. It was in the Title Screen's description.

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 11:46:01 AM »
I found it. It was in the Title Screen's description.

ah yea i didn't think to look at the individual song descriptions, thank you. now, while this still could just be referring exclusively to the songs that were in the trial (the wiki's provided translation is a tad wonky as the japanese text doesn't actually say "all BGM") it could just as easily imply the existence of additional tracks originally composed by mc. the best way to go about it would probably be to just contact danmaq on their peing or twitter, as even though they don't seem to be active anymore, i can't really think of a better approach as no public demos were released between the linked trial and release version.